facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 9, 2005, 11:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Tendulkar\'s Centuries

Could the statisticians on this sight please inform us as to how many test centuries Tendulkar has scored when someone else has also scored a century in the innings or another Indian batsmen has scored a century in the match?

We all know that of Tendulkar's 34 test centuries only 11 or so have resulted in Indian wins.

I have followed Tendulkar since he made his debut against Pakistan as a 16 year old in 1989. The following year he scored his first test century against England to save a test match at Old Trafford (or was it Edgebaston?). That was a genuinely useful innings which affected the outcome of the match. I wonder how many similarly effective innings Tendulkar has played. Has he really delivered under pressure when it mattered? How many times has India won or been rescued from a precarious position due to the singular efforts of Tendulkar? In this respect does he compare favourably with say Lara (who carries the entire WI batting) or Dravid?

I am the last person in the world to cast aspersions on Tendulkar's prowess as a test batsman but given the adulation heaped upon him (notably by Gavaskar who even labeled him "better than Bradman" on one occassion) I have to be convinced that he truly deserves it.

Old April 9, 2005, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Well we can calculate how many times Tendulkar has scored more than 30% of team totals in his career.