facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 20, 2004, 04:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default what is up with Basher

Both innings he batted, the basher we saw before was gone. I had hard time to believe this is the same basher who scored so freely against west indies only few months ago. His confidence level is very low, his timing is below average and never saw him comfortable on the crease. Let alone the stupid pull shot he played in first test. Not only he is a bad captain but also setting bad example for the young batsmen in the team. He should really be given rest from national team and let him gain his confidence at premier league.
Old December 20, 2004, 04:29 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Bashar will die.
Old December 20, 2004, 04:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Bashar will be back...he was looking good in the first innings...till he went for that aggresive and unnecessary shot...he was doing alright in the second innings until he went across his stumps too much to another Patha inswinger...that was just a lapse coz otherwise he was playing Pathan comfortably. Hopefully this Ash innings will inspire every Bangladeshi top order batsman to shape up.

Edited on, December 20, 2004, 5:28 PM GMT, by pompous.
Old December 20, 2004, 04:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

sure we hope so although it didnt show on the second innings right after Ashraful innings. Make lot of dvd copies and force the top order see it few times again
Old December 20, 2004, 10:31 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by crickwizard
He should really be given rest from national team and let him gain his confidence at premier league.
Please stop copy/pasting suggestions. There's no problem with him and even if he had some problems, he should have played. He hasn't got runs in only 3 tests. That happened to him before, but he played good again.
Old December 20, 2004, 11:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally posted by arafath79
Bashar will die.
Arafath79;

Easy on the death sentence there...Habibul Bashar is a very good batsman - that is the truth. He is no Viv Richards, but he is above average. He may need to tweak a few things and will certainly come as a force against Zimbabwe.

Edited on, December 20, 2004, 4:47 PM GMT, by ghor_jamai.
Old December 20, 2004, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Bashar will die.
Mod warning: Arafath - this is an official warning for comments that go against the forum guidelines. Any future violations may result in drastic actions.
Old December 20, 2004, 12:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Bashar will die.
Dude, I like your quips and one liners..I think your copyrighted 'lathi mara' comments are really funny.

Sadly, what you wrote up here is not funny at all. I just hope its a moment of lapse in judgement especially probably after an emotional and sleepless nite - like most BD fans in this side of the Atlantic.
Old December 20, 2004, 12:57 PM
Cricket Legend

actually bashar's second innings was much more subdued and appropriate. I think the problem he faces is the same one ashraful has/does - if he plays his natural game, he gets out more often. But that is also the way he scores big. His style is not to play subdued. If you look at how Ashraful matured (at least for one innings) - he didn't only have hooks and pulls, he had all the shots. Bashar's over-reliance on the hook/pull is his achiles heel as a batsman. He has to learn to wean himself away from the those predictable shots and learn some new ones. That's the only way he can play his naturally aggressive game without being predictable. I think he should spend some time with Ashraful this winter.
Old December 20, 2004, 01:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Bashar is more in a mental-mess up

he has the brilliance to come back in full strength.
Old December 20, 2004, 01:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Shumon has been out a long time with different injuries. He looked rusty to me. I expect him to get better in the ODI ( we''ll see..his record is terrible ) and even better against Zim. I will start to worry if he fails against them.
Old December 20, 2004, 02:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Like I said in different threads. Bashar lacks brain. Yes he is (or was) our best batsmen in tests. I think since he didnt play fews tests, he's lacking confidence also. He showed a little bit maturity in 2nd innings of last test. Hopefully he will get better in the ODIs and get back himself in the Zim test because we really need his batting.