facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 1, 2018, 12:40 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
Not like Tamim played the most sensible out of all our openers either. Dancing down the track first ball of the match
All the more reason for others to step up when the big boys fail

Old August 1, 2018, 12:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Between Soumya Anamul Kaedge and Liton it is like a competition on who can play worse.
Liton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Soumya>Anamul>>>>>>>>>Kaedge.

Last edited by reverse_swing; August 1, 2018 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: mod.edit
Old August 1, 2018, 12:42 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

To be fair Kaedge is atleast not selfish he is just incapable. Big difference.
Old August 1, 2018, 12:45 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

In this format, Anamul was our best opener by miles. Averaged 34 with SR 121 against T10 teams. He got dropped because of his selfishness in other formats but he was doing great in T20s.

Liton did well today I thought except that rush of blood to his wicket. If he can get some consistency, then he should open. Soumya needs to go.
Old August 1, 2018, 12:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Not many options left, chuck mominul or shanto or zakir into open in T20s but the deserving performance isn’t there to warrant that selection...
Old August 1, 2018, 12:50 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Litom reminds me of Junaid Siddique. Looks good while he is in but doesnt last very long. His inability to kick on after getting set is the biggest problem
Old August 1, 2018, 01:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
In this format, Anamul was our best opener by miles. Averaged 34 with SR 121 against T10 teams. He got dropped because of his selfishness in other formats but he was doing great in T20s.

Liton did well today I thought except that rush of blood to his wicket. If he can get some consistency, then he should open. Soumya needs to go.
Liton looked impressive tbh and confident with his strokeplay. That is pretty much all we need especially in a format like t20
Old August 1, 2018, 01:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Many of those matches were against Zimbabwe, Nepal, Hong Kong and Pre Rashid/Mujeeb Era Afghanistan. Maaf chai Bhai no more Anamul , better try someone new other than Soumya

They should go with Litton to open and find someone else for the middle order
Old August 1, 2018, 01:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Many of those matches were against Zimbabwe, Nepal, Hong Kong and Pre Rashid/Mujeeb Era Afghanistan. Maaf chai Bhai no more Anamul , better try someone new other than Soumya

They should go with Litton to open and find someone else for the middle order
I said T10 teams as in top 10 if you didn’t notice.
Old August 1, 2018, 01:51 AM
Cricket Guru

In T20s anamul averages 27.85 against the better teams (I included WI as obviously in T20s they’re quality but I excluded Zimbabwe, Afghanistan etc).

His one half century was against Sri Lanka.

Still one of the better performers in T20s, perhaps start with anamul and Liton. Tamim doesn’t fit T20s and he’s too important in other formats, t20 could potentially mess his form up a bit for the other formats.

I didn’t get a chance to see anamul in the ODI series, so don’t really know what his batting is like these days.
Old August 1, 2018, 01:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Good thing I fell asleep in the second innings. Good start though but Mustafizur and Shakib got hammered.

Sarkar needs to be kicked out. This wasn’t a spinner pitch so why take the Nagin dancer and Mehedy? Ariful doesn’t look good IMO.
Old August 1, 2018, 03:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Anyone else think afif should be getting more chances?
Old August 1, 2018, 03:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I said T10 teams as in top 10 if you didn’t notice.
He doesn't average 34 vs Top teams as you tried to mean in your post thats with the minnows combined, as Gowza said it's 27 vs non minnows and that with far smaller amount of sample matches and if stats matters we might as well give Sabbir a chance every match, he has one of the best records. FYI anamul also has 30+ average in ODIs, one or two good performance has spiked up his average in t20s
Old August 1, 2018, 03:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Actually thought about trying sabbir as opener in t20s, not like it’d be any different from current performance if he failed, but question is if you believe more chances for sabbir will result in better performance or should new players get an opportunity?
Old August 1, 2018, 05:44 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Again we cant throw in players without looking at which position their technique is suited for. Anamul NEVER looked like an opener to me. His footwork was non existent from the start. I would have got him into the side as a middle order player because he seems to play spin quite well and has the big shots to find boundaries. Asking Shabbir to open will also be asking him to face opposition's best bowlers with the new ball. In Champions Trophy the Indian pacers simply toyed with Shabbir in the QF
Old August 1, 2018, 06:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Again we cant throw in players without looking at which position their technique is suited for. Anamul NEVER looked like an opener to me. His footwork was non existent from the start. I would have got him into the side as a middle order player because he seems to play spin quite well and has the big shots to find boundaries. Asking Shabbir to open will also be asking him to face opposition's best bowlers with the new ball. In Champions Trophy the Indian pacers simply toyed with Shabbir in the QF
Anamul was an opener in domestic cricket though, that’s where he got all of his senior professional runs so makes sense he’s been played as an opener. Yes he played as a middle order bat, i think 3/4 in the u19 WC where he did well but again that was before his senior domestic cricket where he opened almost every innings.

I understand the technique issue, but anamul knows the opener role better than any other role and surely if you pick a player due to domestic runs then you play them in the position they made the runs and 5e position they know best?

My quip about sabbir opening was a joke but tbh it wouldn’t make much difference if he did open.

I completely get what you are saying about anamul, technique wise he is more suited to the middle order.
Old August 1, 2018, 08:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Beating the West Indies in T20s is a tough ask for most oppositions. I'm not surprised we couldn't come close. Also, compare the two teams or players. Their players are big compared to ours which makes a big difference for this format. If our side wants to do well in this format, they need to change their approach and develop a different style of play. Instead of trying to go for 6s which is important in this format, maybe try to score more 4s, and run better between the wickets. Yes, we will still lose plenty of games, but at the same time, we will win more T20 games than we currently do. Right now, we are struggling in this format.
Old August 1, 2018, 10:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
He doesn't average 34 vs Top teams as you tried to mean in your post thats with the minnows combined, as Gowza said it's 27 vs non minnows and that with far smaller amount of sample matches and if stats matters we might as well give Sabbir a chance every match, he has one of the best records. FYI anamul also has 30+ average in ODIs, one or two good performance has spiked up his average in t20s
What minnow teams are you mentioning that I combined in the stat? I had already excluded Zimbabwe and all the other small teams that you tried to say I had included in the stat lol because they are not in Top 10. Only team I did not exclude was Afghanistan because they are ranked higher than us and yes if you exclude his 44 not out innings against them in 2014 then his avg would be 27.

And guess what, that average is still better than all our other openers that we currently use.

As for Sabbir, his issue was never T20s. He averages 25.70 with SR of 121.69 against teams like Aus, Ind, NZ, Pak, SA, SL, and WI which is very good by our standard. He has scored 50s against Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and India which are superior teams in this format easily and has various 30+ scores against the top teams.

A player's performance in other formats should not be the benchmark for selection in T20s because T20 is a different ball park altogether.
Old August 1, 2018, 11:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Next T20 drop Sarkar, Mehedi and Nazmul and replace them with Sabbir (only format he is of any use, especially if the pitches don't offer bowlers any help), Nurul and Abu Hider.
Old August 1, 2018, 02:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

Everyone is getting their panties in a bunch arguing about stats.

Stats don’t save anamul liton or sarkar unless their bat talks.

The only good thing about stats is it gives people something to talk about when the team of 11 fails miserably.
Old August 1, 2018, 04:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Positive gulaye orange juice dia kha...
Old August 2, 2018, 08:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Soumya same old footwork..wack thu!!!

Go TIGERS GO...
Old August 2, 2018, 07:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque