facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 19, 2006, 08:52 AM
Banned

Default BD batsmen should play like night-watchman!!!

Gillespie showed the way how to survive in 425 balls scoring double-hundred. The basic strategy of a night-watchman is to keep their wicket intact rather than smash the boundaries for the runs. Not only Gillespie survives but he batted nearly 2days of this second test. I guess the remaining BD batsmen for the 5th day should at least follow the basic rules that this article posted on BBC.

Old April 19, 2006, 09:08 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Com'n now. Our batsmans are hero, they can't take the inferior path like a nightwatchman! No way! They are the best ever. and they will show that by treating the best of the world bowlers treating like kids. that is the only way to show that they have endless talent, and therefore stay in the team. so, they will smash everything, or at least try for it. If they bowlers, take a wicket, its their fault.
Old April 19, 2006, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

heh rubu, get ready to get hit

vindeshi who u kidding man? our batsmen play like nightwatchmen? "block" is not an option in bangladesh cricket
Old April 19, 2006, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

I dont see any sign of the BD batsmen playing like a nightwatchman. It seems, they are in a hurry to score runs. Everyone is trying to play too many shots. Look at their strike rates.

Some people might argue supporting their approach, because BD is 1-0 down in the series and the only way to level the series in to win the test. I am sure these bunch of losers (sorry for such a comment after their good performance in the first test) have no idea what they should do and what they are doing
Old April 19, 2006, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

see the difference is unlike our smart captain, ponting will actually have some attacking fielders and nightwatchman approach wouldn't work for us.... Gillespie should take bashar out for dinner for his generous field setting
Old April 19, 2006, 10:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Have any Bangladeshi batsmen scored a Test double century?
Old April 19, 2006, 10:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Waiting for the day when Ashraful will play like a "Night watchman"... I guess that day will never come
Old April 19, 2006, 11:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
heh rubu, get ready to get hit
Onec I get my rep distribution ability back I will see to it. He would be duely compensated.

Not all hope is lost.
Bd will learn how to play test cricket. This is only the second year they played 4 day matches in domestic cricket. The boys are only 20-23 years old. Give them another 5 years. It took 5/6 years for us to compete with the better teams in ODIs. By that time, they will play better than experienced NZ ones. (For Bashar, Rafique they can't change their game at this point of their careers)
Old April 19, 2006, 09:21 PM
Banned

Well, BD batsmen never get this basic stuff that test cricket is just about patience and not rushing blood shots throughout the field. Why I mean why our batsmen don't take the same old damn lesson that they have to stay in wicket as their best ability. All we want to see is positive approach in the game no matter they loose or not, and winning is the bonus one of course. All I want to reveal that Gillespie has showed that even a nightwatchman can survive if he devotes all he has and that immense sense pulled Gillespie as the double hundred run maker. So yeah its just simply what so called "devotion" that BD players lack in this stage.
Old April 19, 2006, 09:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
see the difference is unlike our smart captain, ponting will actually have some attacking fielders and nightwatchman approach wouldn't work for us.... Gillespie should take bashar out for dinner for his generous field setting
The Aussies had a better way to say thank you- they dropped Bashar's catch couple of times.
Old April 19, 2006, 10:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

In this context, I remember one famous incident involving cricket legend W. C. Grace:

At the very beginning of one of his innings he was given LBW. He then went to umpire and said the spectators came to see his (WCG's) game not the umpire's game; so he should not be given out.

Our batsmen think similarly about their batting ability (only problem is that they lack that ability). They don't care about the situation; in fact, they don't care about anything. So, I don't think they will not play like night-watchman - they will entertain us with brief flurry of shots and then the will get out - their job is done!
Old April 19, 2006, 10:42 PM

[Ignore this post]. Wrong thread

Last edited by ammark; April 19, 2006 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: wrong thread