facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 13, 2011, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musholini
I agree that Siddon's employs some strange management methods, such as sidelining squad players during training sessions, I don't understand his reasoning for that.

I guess my worry with Siddon's leaving is exactly what you said in your post, the chances are that we will get someone WORSE then him. I am convinced that he is a very very good batting coach (Tamim,Imrul and Shakib's technique has improved under his guidance), and without the lack of good batting coaches around, we will miss him.

I know, he he hasn't done the same for every single player, but in this regard, I question those players ability to learn quicly as the likes of Tamims and Shakibs. I just think maybe we are execting a bit too much from him to turn every mediocre player into 40+ avg batsmen. We are just not producing enough talent, for which we need to completely overhaul the development structure.

I don't know if you remember, Richard McCinnes created a manual for the High Performance unit, which included a very tough, army like schedule. Since his departure, the manual has been gathering dust in BCB offices. (the biggest travesty)

So getting rid of Siddon's won't solve any problems in my opinion, but may compound it. Finally you surely agree that, before Siddon's came along, we were a laughing stock in test cricket, and now we are competitive. In my view, Test cricket is the ultimate form of the game, so does he not deserve any credit for that? is there a danger that we are being a bit short sighted . .

Just my two cents bro. . don't want to argue with you, because I think we both agree on the fundamental need for good Academy and A team development process.
About the development structure overhaul, I wrote an article some time ago suggesting ways we could do it, you can check it out here:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...hlight=germany

Old March 13, 2011, 12:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
nafees in and shuvo in make our team consisting 7 left handers...

now we need couple of left fast bowlers to make it a true bauwa team
here is 11 bauwa

tamim
imrul
junaid
nafees
shakib
mominul haq
faisal
shuvo
raj
rasel
sajedul/emon ahmed
Old March 13, 2011, 12:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

great news. i am so happy for u abirz, u r a true fan. i am sure sN will do fine tomorrow, we needed that change
Old March 13, 2011, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Inevitable. But can he perform is my question. Btw- I am angry with Rokibul, Mushfiq's batting. And with junaid's runnin betn da wkts!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 13, 2011, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

We badly need him against Nederlands, he is the certified minnow-basher of the team.
Old March 13, 2011, 12:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

if nafees performs, that means rokibul and junaed should be extra careful and perform better than now. its always good to have competition.

we need a competitor for mushy.
Old March 13, 2011, 12:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Welcome SN.
Old March 13, 2011, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
if nafees performs, that means rokibul and junaed should be extra careful and perform better than now. its always good to have competition.

we need a competitor for mushy.
Jahurul Islam is a far better and proven w.keeper compared to Mushy.

Old March 13, 2011, 12:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Yaa.....!!!!!

SN will hit a century.

But then again still SN will be replaced by Ashraful or Rokibul with the excuse that its against Minnows and this score counts nothing.
Old March 13, 2011, 12:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

SN deserves a chance... hopefully this news will remain true
cant wait to see him in action... Go SN..seal your position in the team with a superb innings against Neth and SA
Old March 13, 2011, 12:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I wouldn't jump the guns just as yet.
Dont really trust those journos, though I'd really want him to play tomorrow's game. Rock or Zunaed hasn't really done much to hold on to their places and one of 'em had to move aside.

Given his record, SN should score a century.
Jokes aside, best of luck to both the players.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 13, 2011, 01:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Nafees plays really well against minnows, but not against big guns. So his inclusion against Netherland would be a good idea.
Old March 13, 2011, 01:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: M'Dulla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR

I hope we find the right group we can stick with soon, but before that happens we have the find the right guys who can form such a group.
Agree with you that, probably half of the sqad members are dead woods.

If the incumbent chief selector goes, do you think we have anybody qualified? back to Athar Ali Khan maybe? Bashar? Faruque wasn't too bad actually! I just can't see any competent person to replace this muppet...

Last edited by Musfique; March 13, 2011 at 01:28 PM..
Old March 13, 2011, 01:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

So far I'm happy that our selectors have done good changes according to the situation.
Anyway,I hope if SN is in he is in for Junaid not RAqib.
BTW,the selectors know how good SN is against the..... .thak bollam na kaalker khela ta dekhe nei.
Old March 13, 2011, 01:10 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I won't believe this article until I see him play today. Something tells me that Siddons won't let go of Roqib and Junaid so quickly.
Old March 13, 2011, 01:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Good for SN. Now score a century boy!!

Roqibul bad porse shune bhalo laglo.
Old March 13, 2011, 01:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe,Shak,Aftab,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Ekhoni lafalafi koiren na Abirz.SN kharap khelle kintu shob dosh apnar.
LOL. Yes
Old March 13, 2011, 01:20 PM
Cricket Legend

SN doing good consistently vs minnows at least proves he has the ability. Ash cant even do that and we still persist with him for 10 years just coz of davison/coventry type flashy century once every few years & having a bat average of a bowler batting at 7 or 8.

I feel the current SN is older, wiser and better than be4 but he needs some time in team

Old March 13, 2011, 01:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Not selectors, although they have their own issues, but the coach. Abir has been at the receiving end of step-motherly treatment since training camp with separate, less supervised net sessions and all. There would be a reckoning after the World Cup and I for one would be happy see Sid and the chief selector go. I just pray we won't replace them with worse losers and alga matobbors.

As far as the chief selector is concerned, if you're susceptible to lobbying, can't tell s*it from s*inola when it comes to basic ability partially because you were crap as a player, don't even bother to go to domestic games, can't qualitatively contextualize the stats in the first place and then you dishonestly use them to "justify" your selection, you DON'T select the best guys out there, guys with ability including the ability to learn and apply their talent in the middle beyond the nets. Therefore, once you create such holes, we have no option other than trying to plug those holes with better players.

I hope we find the right group we can stick with soon, but before that happens we have the find the right guys who can form such a group.
I am gonna disagree with you here. There is no nepotism here. Each coach has their favorites, right or wrong, but the HC should have a say in what type of player they want. I think Siddons is very loyal to his core, sometimes to a fault, but you have to commend someone for their conviction. But, this core is his and he got them very early in their career, so he wants his product on the field.There is another dynamic in play here. Siddons from the onset was dead set on doing away with the old declining veterans ( HaBa, Jo..etc ). Rightly so. They had nothing left to give. He did that and some of them in turn bi**ch about him at every turn in the media. Also, the younger generation of the ICL crew did themselves no favor by quitting, and Siddons probably doesn't want them around. SN was a defector. So, with a clean slate JS picked his core, worked with them, and here we are. Rock was always one of his guys. SN was one of the guys who had the potential to be good. He is one of the few capable of playing longer innings despite his huge technical faults. But, he left. Lets not forget that.
Old March 13, 2011, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Makes the pro-ICL threads for fun reading.

Wanted Nafees to be in, he was good in that match against NZ last year. Hoping for a solid innings from him against Ned ahead of the SA game.

Edit: I meant ICL-after, was using ''pro-ICL'' right?

Last edited by Purbasha T; March 13, 2011 at 01:58 PM..
Old March 13, 2011, 01:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...13/news/138194
Eng Version: http://livecricketupdate.net/nafees-...lands-preview/

After years of persistence and shameless stubbornness , Allah has finally answered my prayers, Shahriar Nafees is IN for the next match! Now all those bans I received for him, all those tears I shed, all those nights spent posting for his support, all worth it! Im so happy right now it's indescribable! And scared at the same time too whether this is true or not.

The link was first shared by firstlane, for which I sincerely thank him, it made my day...actually it made my year!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
I like nafees.

But what do you have to say abt nafees turning his back on the team for personal gain? He lied to the team and left. There's got to be consequences for that.
Old March 13, 2011, 01:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
I won't believe this article until I see him play today. Something tells me that Siddons won't let go of Roqib and Junaid so quickly.
Bhai Shahriar Nafees jodi na khele...bachbona more jabo...opare choley jabo...prithibi ke janiye bidaai

Last edited by Abirz; March 13, 2011 at 03:31 PM..
Old March 13, 2011, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Ekhoni lafalafi koiren na Abirz.SN kharap khelle kintu shob dosh apnar.
lol, ar jodi bhalo khele?
Old March 13, 2011, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
lol, ar jodi bhalo khele?
Shob credit SN er.
Old March 13, 2011, 01:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartaz
I like nafees.

But what do you have to say abt nafees turning his back on the team for personal gain? He lied to the team and left. There's got to be consequences for that.
Naw mate , I dont see it that way, I saw ICL just like another IPL, except the players that went to ICL got banned because BCCI didnt want any competitors for IPL, so it's BCCi and ICC's fault for not allowing ICL, or else what wasnt any difference between IPL and ICL, our players gained experience from that T20 league in India,but this whole thing can go on and on, its a completely different issue

All the boards and have have moved on from the ICL saga and some ex-ICl players are performing really well now, I think we should move on as well and treat everyone equal, instead of playing revenge games, the best 11 should be playing for the country and selection should be made only on performance