facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 26, 2007, 03:42 AM
Banned

Default Pictures : T20 World Champions

CHAMPIONSHIP CATCH.

Old September 26, 2007, 03:43 AM
Banned

Old September 26, 2007, 03:43 AM
Banned

more..

Last edited by reverse_swing; September 26, 2007 at 03:54 AM..
Old September 26, 2007, 03:44 AM
Banned

Old September 26, 2007, 03:45 AM
Banned

and the toast..

Old September 26, 2007, 11:30 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

True Heroes of India...

Aventis add some pics from the mumbai welcoming ceremony too....
Old September 26, 2007, 01:09 PM
BC Editorial Team

The media, the politicians and the BCCI are milking this for all it is worth. The Chief Ministers are competing to announce prizes for the team.

$2 million to the team, 1 crore for Yuvraj, 5 lakhs for the Pathans, 21 lakh for Joginder, 5 lakhs for Joginder, 10 each for Rohit Sharma and Agarkar, 10 for RP plus a newly instituted State Award, "Jharkhand Ratna" for Dhoni, promotion to all Air India employees, free travel in Air India for all the players and their families for five years, free packages by the Himachal Pradesh Tourism Board.

On the other side the players of the national hockey team which thrashed Korea 7-2 in the Asia Cup final the other week are going on a hunger strike to protest their complete neglect by the government, officials and even the sponsors (Sahara sponsors both the cricket and hockey teams) - ************************/sports/2007/sep/26hock.htm

I would be extremely happy if India loses the Australia and Pakistan ODI series in October.

Edit : The link was from red-iff.com
Old September 26, 2007, 01:19 PM
BC Editorial Team

The function in Bombay today to felicitate the team. The few blue shirted people at the back, obscured by the politicians and the BCCI officials in the front rows, are the players.
Old September 26, 2007, 02:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Here's a few more:

Old September 26, 2007, 02:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
The media, the politicians and the BCCI are milking this for all it is worth. The Chief Ministers are competing to announce prizes for the team.

$2 million to the team, 1 crore for Yuvraj, 5 lakhs for the Pathans, 21 lakh for Joginder, 5 lakhs for Joginder, 10 each for Rohit Sharma and Agarkar, 10 for RP plus a newly instituted State Award, "Jharkhand Ratna" for Dhoni, promotion to all Air India employees, free travel in Air India for all the players and their families for five years, free packages by the Himachal Pradesh Tourism Board.

On the other side the players of the national hockey team which thrashed Korea 7-2 in the Asia Cup final the other week are going on a hunger strike to protest their complete neglect by the government, officials and even the sponsors (Sahara sponsors both the cricket and hockey teams) - ************************/sports/2007/sep/26hock.htm

I would be extremely happy if India loses the Australia and Pakistan ODI series in October.

You forgot the Porsche 911 given to Yuvi by Lalit modi as his personal gift for the six sixes he hit.

Now the winning team in the back row shows how cheap the politicians are, made this into a political rally more than a welcome rally. BCCI officials in the front row ? what else can we expect from them ? Clearly shows the corrupt politicians and BCCI officials are of the same breed.

A very valid point that the hockey players are neglected totally, poor those guys. Infact the land/flats promised for gold medal winning hockey team 18 years back is still in paper, they have the allotment papers in their hands, still not allotted land though. Probably they can build their house on their papers and live on their paper.

This world cup win brought out both sides of the sport. The young and energetic indian cricket team and as corrupt and A$$ tendencied BCCI.

As much as i wish that Indian team shld perform well in the forthcoming series's, I also wish that Aussie and paki teams teach them a lesson or two just to bring BCCI down back to earth.

Cheers !
Old September 26, 2007, 02:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Well ..I agree to the point that Hockey or any other sport in India apart from cricket has not got its due ...but I have to say that Indian hockey has to earn their lost respect.

India has not done anything worthwhile in hockey for sometime now.The '83 worldcup coincided with teh absolute nadir of Indian hockey.From being 8 times World champions (and equal nuymber of Gold Medals in Olympics) India quickly dropped to the bottom half of the top ten.

Winning the Asian championship is defenitely a good start but they would have to do more ....

Its also time that India asserts itself in the international scene in more sports now.Since money is in place (which we lacked in the last 50 years) its time that we distribute and spend it in the right place so that we dont find ourselves in the bottom rung.
Old September 26, 2007, 03:01 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim

Surely they are going overboard .. they are taking hero-Worship to unnecessary levels.
One big failure and Dhoni's house will be attacked again. The public fanfare is understandable but the Govt. and Politicians are taking this too far. All this creates too much pressure on the cricket field and slowly corrupts the young players who lose a grip on reality and real love for the game.
Old September 27, 2007, 12:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

Tintin,

I think we fans are also partly to blame because of the amount of attention we give to cricket than any other sport. And even if India loses to Aussie or Pakistan its not going to change that easily. There is no easy solution to this, neither can we blame the cricketers for winning the world cup. But definately we can hope that our hockey team will get their fair share of attention from the media, the fans and the politians. BTW I would love to see Indian hockey team take it as a challenge and win the next Olympics and World cup and take the spotlight from the cricketers.
Old September 27, 2007, 01:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Mumbai comes to a halt

Old September 27, 2007, 02:09 AM
Banned

this is also a strategy by BCCI to show to the players who signed up for ICL what they're missing...... I don't mind players being rewarded for the hard work they have done....but this is getting a little too much now. The day all these old politicans and sharad pawar dies, I will be the happiest man.
Old September 27, 2007, 09:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I guess now BCCI will not invite BD in next 20 year
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old September 27, 2007, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
why so ?

There is no connection between INDIA being the T20 Champions and inviting the BD test team.

but,BD test records must definitely improve alot,no doubt on that.
Old September 27, 2007, 10:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Man...until I saw ur post, I thought we're not invited in this thread! Indian politics u know. I dare not say anything...encounter e mara porte pari

But yes, Tintin, agree wholeheartedly with you on whatever you've said.
Old September 27, 2007, 10:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by aventis
why so ?

There is no connection between INDIA being the T20 Champions and inviting the BD test team.

but,BD test records must definitely improve alot,no doubt on that.
R u leaving in a fools world? don't see the money coming towards the Indian team and the board? why do you think they haven't invited us yet? Its all about money and nothing else to BCCI. Since money was the number one reason for not inviting us Even though their poor show in ODI WC what makes you think after becoming champion in a WC and getting all these money they will do so? Now that the teams profile went off the roof...

oh btw with this record if BD can visit all the other test nation what makes India so different? oh yeah BCCI is after only money which makes them different then others...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old September 27, 2007, 11:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

6 minutes in Yuvi's life changed everything. 1 crore rupee, a car, many wives...damnnn!!!
Old September 27, 2007, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
6 minutes in Yuvi's life changed everything. 1 crore rupee, a car, many wives...damnnn!!!
damn even i want to be a cricketer now.... you get treated like Mughals in modern times