facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 7, 2004, 12:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash
Default BD in Scotland and Ireland

According to Bangladesher khela, Bangladesh cricket team will visit Ireland and Scotland in September/October.

Bangladesh will participate in ICC Champion's trophy in next September. Scottish Cricket Limited and Ireland Cricket Union have invited us to visit there after the ICC trophy. Bangladesh has accepted their offer. But BCB is trying to reschedule the tour before champion’s trophy in order to get familiar with English weather and pitch.

[Edited on 7-7-2004 by Kana-Baba]
Old July 7, 2004, 07:45 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Just saw the report on dailystarnews.com. This is a good opportunity and just a heads up for those who don't know much about Ireland and Scotland - these guys have been playing well against the best UK sides.
Old July 8, 2004, 01:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Bd will be highly benefited if they could manage the schedule before ICC trophy as they are trying.
Old July 8, 2004, 02:06 AM
Street Cricketer

Default BANGLADESH CRICKET

Bd will be highly benefited if they could manage the schedule before ICC trophy as they are trying.

bangla cricket
Old July 8, 2004, 04:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Bangladesh are playing far too much cricket!!!

They got the Asia Cup, the Ireland/Scotland, ICC Champs Trophy, then they're hosting Sri Lanka, India and New Zealand. Fair dinkum, how many players are we going to have fit by the end of the year!
Old July 8, 2004, 07:50 AM
Test Cricketer

True, this should be taken care by player management.

Some promising player and some who are experiencing form difficulties would be included for this sort of extension of tour some player would get rest.

And there is no other alternative but play more…
Old July 9, 2004, 02:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

I beg to differ with our esteemed member who thinks we are playing too much cricket. We as a team need to play as much cricket year round as humanly possible. We are not at the level of the great Aussies who are at the peak of their game, with their players not even needing warm up matches to get ready for a test or one day series. We are at the bottom of the pile and as such, we need to work harder than every single country out there to claw our way out. While I do not discount the fact that it is essential for a team to be well rested and fit, one must also consider that it is no good to have a well rested team who can barely win a match because of lack of experience. Our mental and technical abilities will never improve with an attitude like this. Our cricketers need to ask themselves "we are rated the worst team in world cricket, what are we going to do about it?" I do not think running fitness camps and taking holidays is the answer. No, the solution lies in playing more and more cricket. When a student fails in one exam , he does not tell himself "Ok I need more rest". No, a dedicated student will tell himself, "ok I have failed, now I am going to study day and night till my next exam till I pass it" I think that is the exact attitude our team needs. If a few players get injured in the process then let them recover and bring in some fresh blood. God knows we have no lack of players waiting in the wings to get a chance at the top level. Give them all some exposure. Let them play their hearts out and someday we will overcome. If the Indians can play the 50 one dayers and 40 tests a year they play, then we should be playing double those numbers.

[Edited on 9-7-2004 by samiur666]
Old July 9, 2004, 04:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default Keep Playing

Yes, keep playing Cats->Tigers.
Survival of the fittest. BD is full of rain, not much chance of practices, so keep playing overseas for maintaining/improving skills. Just a reminder, Ireland team just beat the West Indies, they are a good team. It would be interesting games for BD
Old July 9, 2004, 12:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Ireland beat WIndians, Zimbabwean (full strength team) and Surrey ( a traditional power house in English county cricket) in last 10-12 months time. So they should not be taken lightly. I would not go pessimistic about BD's chances of winning there. But it would provide a real challenge for our boys mainly due to the unfamilier condition where the cherry moves a lot laterally off the pitch. Coupled with the fact that beating another test playing nation would only benefit their claim to become a ODI status team, unless 100% effort is given it would be hard to overcome them. Scotland are also playing professional ODI championship in England for a while now. I hope all the best for our boys.