facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 13, 2006, 03:36 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Ponting still queries Bangladeshi bowlers' ability

Ricky ponting is coninuing his arrogancy, after such a brilliant performance by Bangladeshi bowlers he still quesries the ability of Bangladeshi bowlers in fast bouncy wicket.

His quote from Sky Sports news

"They were really good in these conditions but I want to see how they fare in Australia."

Ponting is not ready to give any credit to BD bowlers and beleives its the BD wicket that played the role not the bowlers.

Ponting should learn how to respect opposition. I am really waiting to see our bowlers dominate aussies in Australia in near future.

Old April 13, 2006, 03:42 PM
Cricket Legend

I think Punter is playing his silly mental game here.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

শালা, কি আর বলবো। দেশে থাকলে দশ বারোটা পচা ডিমের স্বাদ পেত। আস্ত একটা বদমাশ। ঠিক মত গালিও দিতে পারছি না। অনুগ্রহ করে কেউ আমার লিখা অনুবাদ করবেন না। ধন্যবাদ।

Translation: Ponting is the boss. He is the captain of the winning side. He has every right to say anything he wishes. More power to him. (This is bulletine board material for the BD team to be motivated.)
Old April 13, 2006, 03:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I think Punter is playing his silly mental game here.
next thing we know, BD takes 7 or 8 wickets in austrailia and ponting has come up with another excuse.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Ponting would not have given credit to our bowlers if we had won. he would blame players burnout, tiredness and pitch. but we know how good our bowlers are. its the batsman who spoiled the chance
Old April 13, 2006, 04:03 PM
Banned

this is what ponting said:
"This was one of my better centuries as the team needed the runs desperately," Ponting said. "We really had to work hard for our runs and full credit to the Bangladesh bowlers for their fine job in the match.

"They were really good in these conditions but I want to see how they fare in Australia."
i thought it was fair comments. what is the point of posting only half of the things he said?
Old April 13, 2006, 04:07 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Ponting is very sly, he's trying to attack our bowlers who worked really hard to get us so close to humiliating the Aussies.. but it's better than saying 'Bangladesh didn't deserve to win'.. We know where we've failed but I hope the boys will correct their mistakes and strike back.
Old April 13, 2006, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Ponting shud take his thuts and s**** them up his A**..............i m proud of BD's performance nd wish for the day wen we beat the auusies in australia ... this wont be very far inshAllah .... if ponting's trash talk can get me so angry .. it shud motivate the players much more to strike back .... i loved the way shahadat nd mashrafi were aggressive with the aussie batsmen...if i was a player representing the national team .... i wud be so damm pissed tht i wud give my blood to get them down on their knees ... nd the best reply to ponting's words will be a bd victory against this aussie team.... nd if the players r motivated by his rubbish then the victory might even come in the second test inshAllah...
Old April 13, 2006, 04:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

I am really proud of all the players in our team, because I never dreamed of putting Australia under this kind of presuure in a test match. Good Job indeed. I know that Mashrafee missed the crucial catch, but he shouldn't feel depressed about it, because if he does, he will only get worse. I am bit worried about Mashrafee's morale after he missed his catch. I bet he is really deprssed. I hope he will get over it soon.
Old April 13, 2006, 05:16 PM
Banned

Let the 2.85 Aussie runrate speak for itself...and how many deliveries they had to play for the winning run after the scores were even? See you in Chittagong, Ricky...
Old April 13, 2006, 06:06 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Winning is everything!!! Losers lose in all way!! Thats what is happening aginst BD. Whatever performance u show...u still a constant losers after playing 5 yrs. Its australian style to play mind game aginst any team when they r on a series.

We still a loser at the end of the day!!
Old April 13, 2006, 06:11 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry
this is what ponting said:
"This was one of my better centuries as the team needed the runs desperately," Ponting said. "We really had to work hard for our runs and full credit to the Bangladesh bowlers for their fine job in the match.

i thought it was fair comments. what is the point of posting only half of the things he said?
U got it wrong, mate!!

He had to admit the first part as it was evident infront of everyone but his arrogance was in the second part and thats the message he wanted to deliver, same report in the mobile version (Vodafone live) says 'Ponting challenged the home bowling attack to prove their worth abroad'. So you understand whats the message everybody is getting out hiw words.
Old April 13, 2006, 06:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Thats why he will never considered a great a legend ! Like Maradona was not and Pele was I know its football but same concept.
Old April 13, 2006, 07:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

The australians always have an excuse when they are failing. In aussie there is never that much media cover as its like they choose to ignore the fact they are loosing. Ricky has no right to say alot of things, i feel, and the annoying thing is he will continue saying BD do not deserve test status etc untill we start winning more frequently against them and other top sides. Yes point taken we do well at home but if they are the "world class side" they say they are then they should be able to beat BD anywhere and not use the country or venue as an excuse... but thats what aussie's are good at i guess. BD will rise... its only been a short time and they have done so well... 2-3 years the top teams will be fearing BD... me personaly can't wait to see BD fight it out as well as Australia!
Old April 13, 2006, 07:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Don't worry, Ponting is going to release another statement soon, "I was wrong,..."!
Old April 13, 2006, 07:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

Him admit he was wrong?! Ill eat my hat if he does!
Old April 13, 2006, 07:20 PM
Street Cricketer

its common knowledge that Aussies like to the mental tussles by playing psychological mindgames. it speaks of a sickening mindset though he would prefer calling strategic mind games. Stupidity knows no limit but this is anything but sheer arrogance.
Old April 13, 2006, 07:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped
Him admit he was wrong?! Ill eat my hat if he does!
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdes...ry/243655.html
Old April 13, 2006, 07:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

he THINKS.... i dunno that article has many pro's and con's. He is still putting BD down somewhat. he needs to come out and say "i was wrong" not i think!
Old April 13, 2006, 07:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

"His majesty" Mr. Ponting is entitled to his opinion. That does not change the fact. Our bowlers did a great job. I'm sure they will much better in bowling friendly pitches in Australia, England, and South Africa (assuming he is referring to those "holy wickets"). If his bowlers are sooooo great they should have done great in this not-so-good wicket of Fatullah. Or does his statement imply that his batsmen are stupid and they cannot bat well in these condition?
Old April 13, 2006, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
U got it wrong, mate!!

He had to admit the first part as it was evident infront of everyone but his arrogance was in the second part and thats the message he wanted to deliver, same report in the mobile version (Vodafone live) says 'Ponting challenged the home bowling attack to prove their worth abroad'. So you understand whats the message everybody is getting out hiw words.
I am aware that Ponting had questioned about BD test status and earned reputation being minnow basher. In these particular comments, as a winning captain, he gave full credit to BD bowlers for their performance and on the other hand, he challenged them if they can prove themselves in different conditions, which is very legitimate and valid inquiry.
He has received his critics he deserved for his previous comments but I only judge comments on it’s merit – not because of his reputation and I am not going to show knee jerk reactions to everything he has to say; and, btw, that doesn’t give you right to judge whether I am right or wrong
Old April 13, 2006, 08:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Theres nothing wrong with Pontiongs comment at all.

What is with some people here with putting a negative connotation on everything Pontings says. Grow up will ya.

Its not just Ponting I think everyone wants to see how Bd bowlers bowl in Australia.
Old April 13, 2006, 08:28 PM
Street Cricketer

I totally agree with fishyguy i would love to see how Bd bowlers bowled in australia, he wasnt really saying the Bd bowlers were rubbish, he was just doing what alot of captains do, speak their mind, i dont think he would have meant any disrespect to bd bowlers, he would have known he would look like a fool if he had.
Old April 13, 2006, 08:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Ponting is trying a damage control. You can't blame him for that. You must have repeat performance to prove that it was not fluke.
Old April 13, 2006, 10:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

Dont listen to that guy. All we need to do is avoid him. Whenever he speaks like that show ur back to him. Would not that be a sight when no one is listening to what he has to say? Whenever ur talking abt him ur giving him a big favor indeed. It is your choice whether to give favor or not to give favor.