facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 9, 2012, 03:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
the observer returneth
Allahu Akbar! this is an amazing news for our cricket!

Old June 10, 2012, 01:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

McInnes promises to revive HP unit

Quote:
‘I have got to talk with my wife and my family. It’s a matter of choosing
the right thing. She is a school teacher and my two kids are studying in grade four and grade two,’ said McInnes.
‘If I come back that [HP unit] will be a something I will work on. Hopefully it will allow players to train specifically on the things that they need to do to play international cricket, things that maybe they can’t do in domestic cricket,’ he said.
‘For example if you are going to play England in England as an opening batsman you are going to face 140 to 145kmph with swing and bounce. You cannot get that in domestic cricket.
http://newagebd.com/detail.php?date=...6-11&nid=13339
Old June 11, 2012, 12:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

Hope he takes the job
Old June 11, 2012, 12:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

he's not going to take it...if the decision is up to family...what foreign person would want to move to Bangladesh? even bangladeshis don't want ot move there...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 11, 2012, 12:29 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Bangladeshis dont get job offer of 50k + house paid for in a good area.
Old June 11, 2012, 12:44 PM
BC Editorial Team

Asaad, he's already lived in Bangladesh with his wife before. Jamie and his family loved it here.
Old June 11, 2012, 06:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
he's not going to take it...if the decision is up to family...what foreign person would want to move to Bangladesh? even bangladeshis don't want ot move there...
I guess his family will be more eager to move to BD even faster than him....

Shob cheye boro attraction hoilo..Kajer Bua and etc misc staff at such low cost... Makes life too comfortable...unthkable for many westerners in their place. Ekbar je ei taste paye, taar aar kono incentive laage na...

He knows BD, he lived here and I'm sure he has decided in principle to move to BD any way...otherwise he wouldn't have considered the offer and wouldn't have visited BD for Negociations at all. If the package is ok, Rest are just formalities ... Keep fingers crossed...he is surely n IMO
Old June 11, 2012, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Bangladeshis dont get job offer of 50k + house paid for in a good area.
According to inqulab, it's well over $10K per month with benefits. Total package might be around $13-$14K...that's a handsome package And he should definitely take the offer. His wife will also work in a NGO firm....The attention and respect he will get in BD is well worth it. This job will be very good for his career and he might turn into a head coach for one of the Test Team in future. I for one want him
To see in BD for a very long time!
Old June 11, 2012, 11:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Great to have him back. I'm sure he'll do even better this time around.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 11, 2012, 11:50 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I moved back here, and don't regret it. You just need to find your groove and Dhaka can still be a good place to live.
Old June 11, 2012, 11:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
I moved back here, and don't regret it. You just need to find your groove and Dhaka can still be a good place to live.
+1 to that bro.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 12, 2012, 12:29 AM
Administrator

I have a whole bunch of friends (and my own sister) who moved back and are enjoying Dhaka inspite of the collapsed infrastructure and corrupt governance. Of course, their income allows them the luxury of a life out of reach of most Dhaka-ites. Dhaka does have its gilted edges.
Old June 12, 2012, 12:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I hope he comes, just not getting my hopes up....

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 12, 2012, 02:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
+1 too.
So you are in Dhaka now, wanna join the get together we are having in few days time ??
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 12, 2012, 08:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I guess his family will be more eager to move to BD even faster than him....

Shob cheye boro attraction hoilo..Kajer Bua and etc misc staff at such low cost... Makes life too comfortable...unthkable for many westerners in their place. Ekbar je ei taste paye, taar aar kono incentive laage na...

He knows BD, he lived here and I'm sure he has decided in principle to move to BD any way...otherwise he wouldn't have considered the offer and wouldn't have visited BD for Negociations at all. If the package is ok, Rest are just formalities ... Keep fingers crossed...he is surely n IMO
shouldn't we say keep fingers crescent!
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 13, 2012, 08:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

An interesting Article by Akash chopra on Indias upcoming players.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/568077.html

This is where we have to hit hard by hiring coach like mcinnes and try to close the gap between other teams and ours... Within next two-three years we need more players like shak-mushi-tamim and McInnes is the right person for it. where team like India will have trouble producing quality young players we should be able to produce some.. i can see some bright days ahead..
Old June 13, 2012, 08:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
shouldn't we say keep fingers crescent!
I point it straight Up. after wudu, i recite the shahadah by pointing my finger straight up towards the sky/ceiling so that inshaAllah on the day of judgement, Allah will keep all the eight gates of paradise open for me!
Old June 13, 2012, 08:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Next Shakib of Bangladesh, Mosaddek Hossain Shaikat.

Have not seen him play but heard good things about him. Players like him need McInnes type coach to take them to next level.
Old June 13, 2012, 08:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Next Shakib of Bangladesh, Mosaddek Hossain Shaikat.

Have not seen him play but heard good things about him. Players like him need McInnes type coach to take them to next level.
Alhamdulillah! He put up a very impressive show against the English U-19 team a few months ago. the problem with Bangladesh cricket is, it is really tough to tell who really develops into a world class player or not in future because we have seen many youngsters who shone and then faded away...(same motto goes for Anamul Haque)
Old June 13, 2012, 09:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Alhamdulillah! He put up a very impressive show against the English U-19 team a few months ago. the problem with Bangladesh cricket is, it is really tough to tell who really develops into a world class player or not in future because we have seen many youngsters who shone and then faded away...(same motto goes for Anamul Haque)
It's our poor Domestic Cricket that makes it difficult for some of the Young talented cricketers.
Old June 14, 2012, 01:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Is there any news regarding McInnes?
Old June 14, 2012, 05:11 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Poor domestic circuit is only ONE reason for talents to fade away. The more important reason is SELF CONFIDENCE and Hard work. This players say they want to be players like lee, gilchrist, tendulkar but how are they gonna reach that level without hard work?? Its their problem, if they dont work hard they wont get to play, no play = no fame no money no nothing thats their choice.

The players think that just after 1 or 2 good performance they become the boss. Thats the motive of many people. I dont see it in tamim ofcourse, day by day he tries to improve his game, and another good example is mushy, look how he started as below par batsman and at recent time being able to play some good knocks esp. in DPL
Old June 14, 2012, 12:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
An interesting Article by Akash chopra on Indias upcoming players.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...ry/568077.html

This is where we have to hit hard by hiring coach like mcinnes and try to close the gap between other teams and ours... Within next two-three years we need more players like shak-mushi-tamim and McInnes is the right person for it. where team like India will have trouble producing quality young players we should be able to produce some.. i can see some bright days ahead..
India has tens if not hundres of cricketers who has 1st class average over 50. We have none! Akash was talking about Manish Panday whos average is above 54 and yet languishes in obsecurity. Our problem is different. We have very thin talent pool. We latch onto anybody who produces a brief flash in the pan.
Old June 14, 2012, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

There is no point in comparing with India when it comes to domestic cricket. Bangladesh by far has the WORST domestic FC system amongst test playing countries. I mean one ex-Pakistani national's registration caused 2 months of hold-off for Dhaka League, thats not only laughable but also humiiating.

Forget Indias Ranji Trophy or Australias league system or English County cricket or Pakistans strong domestic structure.. I think we probably can only compare with Zimbabwe or Kenya in terms of dometic cricket. Even for that matter, Zimbabwe is showing more creativity in upholding their First Class Cricket. For Bangladesh, exactly how many FC circketers did we produce in the last 2-3 years who has an average of 50 plus? Unless BCB is really serious about FC cricket and does something definitive about it, our test cricket and overall talent pool will only produce Imrul, Naeem, Shubho like talents..
Old June 15, 2012, 03:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
There is no point in comparing with India when it comes to domestic cricket. Bangladesh by far has the WORST domestic FC system amongst test playing countries. I mean one ex-Pakistani national's registration caused 2 months of hold-off for Dhaka League, thats not only laughable but also humiiating.

Forget Indias Ranji Trophy or Australias league system or English County cricket or Pakistans strong domestic structure.. I think we probably can only compare with Zimbabwe or Kenya in terms of dometic cricket. Even for that matter, Zimbabwe is showing more creativity in upholding their First Class Cricket. For Bangladesh, exactly how many FC circketers did we produce in the last 2-3 years who has an average of 50 plus? Unless BCB is really serious about FC cricket and does something definitive about it, our test cricket and overall talent pool will only produce Imrul, Naeem, Shubho like talents..
I agree that we need to improve our domestic cricket, but I won't agree that to be outright the worst. Tell me of a structure that is capable of producing cricketers like Aus and SA from day 1? Pak as a 50 years old cricketing nation doesn't have a very strong FC structure, but they produce players through cricketing culture and interest of the people.

What's there in Zim or Kenya FC structure thats better than us? Kenya isn't even comparable to us if you knew anything about them. Zim has a better and longer cricketing culture /Heritage than us. The ex players are involved with their cricket and their contribution is giving them a boost, not because they have a better FC structure than us.

What ever structure we have now, is pretty good, now we need capable and cricket educated people around these players to prepare them as a better version of Mullah or Nayeem as u say. But where we will import these people from? Our ex players aren't that capable like Zim ex players. We don't have any ex player who can be hired by England, Zim has a few of them. So our progress in building a culture and producing better products is a bit slow. We have to probably wait for people like Shak, Tamim, Ash etc and many more of similar or better Calibre people to retire and contribute in producing better players in the domestic level and establish a deep rooted culture of proper cricket.

There is no known structure that will start producing grade 1 cricketers from day one, like a machine.... It's a gradual process and it's not only structure, a lot of things influence in producing better cricketers.. We simply dont have it and most of those can't be bought from any market .... We have to wait, have patience and continue learning and improving ..we will be there some day.

We have quiet reasonable domestic structure at the moment and we are better than many. We need good coaches from abroad to teach us and we are spending a lot on them. If the domestic teams would be capable to hire foreign coaches that would teach us even faster. But we do not afford. But look at BPL, at least we now have good coaches there for one month. 50/60 of our boys are getting exposed for a month in BPL .. That's a good thing and that has shown signs of improvement in domestic league already. So i think we should stop complaining about domestic structure, we should think of improving quality...if you can't have foreigners, wait for your own and be happy with gradual improvement that we are seeing now. We definitely produce better cricketers now than what we were producing in 2000. So I'm happy with our structure for now.

Please don't bring in MO case to make it look clumsy...we have many foreigners playing here and that's not the case with everyone. These kind of delays in visa happen every where.

Last edited by BANFAN; June 16, 2012 at 07:19 AM..