facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 30, 2015, 03:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul
Default Road to champions trophy and Top 8 in RANKING

i think this is one of the most important things BCB really needs to put on their head since Bangladesh is sitting on number 9 in ranking with 76 point and west indies on 92 , by august 2015 Bangladesh has to be number 8 in ranking to play in champions trophy , so now the pakistan tour is confirmed we have total 9 odi to play and keep the ranking rise to top 8 , and between now and august west indies will not play any odis so they are ranking most likely will be the same ,so only way we can really do this is beating pakistan atleast 2-1 in odi series and beating 3-0 india when they come , and its possible against india i believe cz most likely they will send second string team against bangladesh , and somehow if we can manage to beat south africa in 2 odis than Bangladesh should be in top 8 and will qualify for champions trophy , bcb really needs to look up the ranking until december 2017 , cz Bangladesh shouldn't be risking their chance in world cup qualifier

http://www.icc-cricket.com/team-rankings/odi

http://icc-live.s3.amazonaws.com/cms...Nov%202014.pdf

Old March 30, 2015, 05:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Good thread. BCB needs to map this out-how it can work itself into the top 8.

Sadly West Indies cricket seems to be in a bit of mess. Didnt see any pride or passion in their players this WC. No balance, no chemistry, no planning. They just turned up to play because they had to. Once Gayle and a couple of the other senior players are out of the picture they ll become weaker. I think T20 has also done a lot of damage to them. Players have become too greedy and are only interested in playing franchise cricket.

We wont get a better shot at top 8.
Old March 30, 2015, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Good thread. Keep updating plz.
Old March 30, 2015, 10:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynemesis
....and between now and august west indies will not play any odis so they are ranking most likely will be the same ...
No, they will drop.
4 wins against NZ (July 2012) will be dropped from the equation.
2 loss against Eng (Jun 2012) plus 1 loss against NZ will be dropped from the equation.

Net loss.
+++
All wins and losses from August 2012 to July 2014 will get them less points since it would get backed up by another year. If they don't play any games from now and July 2015 then their points would be significantly lower.
+++
At any rate, we have to win a series at home against the big 8 opponents to get to 80. Be in Pak or Ind. If we win 4 and lose 2 I think we are in.
Old March 30, 2015, 10:38 AM
Cricket Savant

For us, we are NOT going to lose any match results from dropping of the calculation.

However, 14 losses and 8 wins (3 against WI, 1 against Zim, 1 against SL will lose significant points - 3 wins against NZ will lose some points).

3 losses against @ WI, Zim whitewash, and WC results would have full points.

So overall we may gain points by not losing THAT MUCH POINTS as WI.
Old March 30, 2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
No, they will drop.
4 wins against NZ (July 2012) will be dropped from the equation.
2 loss against Eng (Jun 2012) plus 1 loss against NZ will be dropped from the equation.

Net loss.
+++
All wins and losses from August 2012 to July 2014 will get them less points since it would get backed up by another year. If they don't play any games from now and July 2015 then their points would be significantly lower.
+++
At any rate, we have to win a series at home against the big 8 opponents to get to 80. Be in Pak or Ind. If we win 4 and lose 2 I think we are in.
How does the equivalent period of Bangladesh look like?
Old March 30, 2015, 11:45 AM
Cricket Legend

I would watch out for Ireland,3 wins at the world cup,they play zimbabwe home and away,their pakistan looks less likely as 2 weeks ago taliban killed a whole heap of westerners,and of course ireland play england which will be a B side as they tour west indies.

West indies i dunno depends if they perform or not,all players available except fidel edwards who signed last night as a kolpak.We will see what we will see i guess.
Windies don't play one dayers for a while,only tests,anyway its good thing for bangladesh to aim at,don't know if it will happen,on form tho unlikely.
Old March 30, 2015, 12:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Honestly speaking a couple of wins here and there will not do it for Bangladesh, to become a genuine contender for top 8, you have to pretty much target to win all games, especially at home. Now, of course, there is that odd day that Bangladesh can fail, and that's ok. But the general attitude in the camp should be to deliver Banglawashes to not just NZ(they are a solid team regardless) but to any touring opposition the visits Bangladesh.That hunger, that level of intensity should remain alive. One of the reasons why Bangladesh did so well against NZ in 2013 is because guys like Naeem Islam and Shohag Gazi were super hungry for success(Once that hunger disappears, so does the desire to win). If the players are not hungry for success then I am afraid Bangladesh will remain just like post 2011 period(Odd success here and there, but not consistent enough as you would like). We must identify and persist with players that will not bog down with just a splendid rookie season. Bangladeshi players should develop attitude like Hashim Amla, just performing non-stop.
Old March 30, 2015, 12:18 PM
Cricket Sage

The moment Bangladesh starts winning test matches against the top 8 is when we can truly say that Bangladesh have turned a corner.
Old March 30, 2015, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Agree Rifat,calling for it doesn't make it happen.
Old March 30, 2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
The moment Bangladesh starts winning test matches against the top 8 is when we can truly say that Bangladesh have turned a corner.
This will be difficult. I would say reaching WC SF in any format should do. All top 8 teams were in WC SF in last 5/6 years in either format. Bangladesh needs to hit that soon. Even if the start from U-19 that should be good as well.
Old March 30, 2015, 05:40 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

why are we so fussed about playing the champions trophy? Beat Pakistan at home in a test match... draw both of the games against South Africa at home... now thats what I call achievement
Old March 30, 2015, 06:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur R & Nasir H

I haven't followed champions trophy, mainly because Bangladesh haven't competed in it, but that's not of course to say I don't follow top teams competing against each other at all. But i'm assuming the main reason why it was made, if I am rightly assuming it was invented after the creation of the world cup, was so that it's more 'competitive', and there are no so called 'minnows' which can destroy the quality of cricket on display, effect tv/stadium audiences/attendances and thus 'revenue' etc. If indeed, this was the real intention, say if Bangladesh Insh'a'Allah were able to manage to progress, and make significant strides this year and then followed these up with consistent perfromance like all teams so they no longer were simply with an outside chance of winning games vs top 8 but now genuine contenders, and assuming all other top 8 teams (particularly WI) also won and lost a fair few games each, but not near enough to suggest that now they are below bdesh in the pecking order or indeed have replaced bdesh (and now its them being called the minnows etc) would it not be possible to have the champions trophy extended to 9 teams? Because in this case I described all the teams are competitive, so quality of cricket and interest would remain???
Old March 30, 2015, 06:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

^^^^^

Believe it or not the CT was actually invented to strengthen the game in Associate countries and was hosted by Bangladesh and Kenya in the past.

Just another example of greed corrupting the ICC sadly
Old March 30, 2015, 07:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
This will be difficult. I would say reaching WC SF in any format should do. All top 8 teams were in WC SF in last 5/6 years in either format. Bangladesh needs to hit that soon. Even if the start from U-19 that should be good as well.
I slightly disagree. Alhamdulillah ever since Jamie Siddons became coach Bangladesh on multiple occasions have not only taken the game to day 5, but had great opportunities to defeat many opponents. Bangladesh in only struggling to take 20 test wickets and some of it that can be attributed to captaincy, lack of a killer fast bowler etc...
Old March 30, 2015, 07:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
I slightly disagree. Alhamdulillah ever since Jamie Siddons became coach Bangladesh on multiple occasions have not only taken the game to day 5, but had great opportunities to defeat many opponents. Bangladesh in only struggling to take 20 test wickets and some of it that can be attributed to captaincy, lack of a killer fast bowler etc...
You mean, ever since JS departed...right ??
Old March 30, 2015, 07:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
You mean, ever since JS departed...right ??
nope.

NZ vs. Bangladesh Test 2008, the game where Shakib took 7/33 or something like that
England vs. Bangladesh 2010, one of the tests Bangladesh posted 400+ and the game was dragged to day 5. Beating West Indies 3-0 in West Indies(overseas victory makes it more sgnifact even though it wasn't really a full strength West Indies XI). 2011 Test vs. West Indies(Elias Sunny show) 2012 "Tino Worst"/Shohag Gazi show..sorry al-furqaan ... in Sri Lanka the Galle Test was drawn by a beautiful century from Ashraful(190, the most matured i have ever seen from him) and a double from Rahim. 2013 Tests against NZ, Mominul Haque show.... Bangladesh lacks a wicket taking fast bowler is where the difference lies between victory and defeat. I know Bangladesh struggled big time in Zimbabwe but even India and Pakistan struggles in Zimbabwe conditions....
Old March 30, 2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
nope.

I know Bangladesh struggled big time in Zimbabwe but even India and Pakistan struggles in Zimbabwe conditions....
Did India struggle in Zimbabwe? India didn't play Test matches in Zim for a while but they won 5-0 in ODIs when they were there. Afghanistan also got a 2-2 result in Zimbabwe.
Old March 30, 2015, 08:05 PM
Cricket Sage

^^maybe it's just pakistan...The point is most teams struggle a lot overseas in Test Matches
Old March 30, 2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
^^maybe it's just pakistan...The point is most teams struggle a lot overseas in Test Matches
That's fairly true.
Old March 30, 2015, 09:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynemesis
i think this is one of the most important things BCB really needs to put on their head since Bangladesh is sitting on number 9 in ranking with 76 point and west indies on 92 , by august 2015 Bangladesh has to be number 8 in ranking to play in champions trophy , so now the pakistan tour is confirmed we have total 9 odi to play and keep the ranking rise to top 8 , and between now and august west indies will not play any odis so they are ranking most likely will be the same ,so only way we can really do this is beating pakistan atleast 2-1 in odi series and beating 3-0 india when they come , and its possible against india i believe cz most likely they will send second string team against bangladesh , and somehow if we can manage to beat south africa in 2 odis than Bangladesh should be in top 8 and will qualify for champions trophy , bcb really needs to look up the ranking until december 2017 , cz Bangladesh shouldn't be risking their chance in world cup qualifier
Fairly certain that India's 10th-string side could beat us 3-0 in subcontinent conditions.
Old March 30, 2015, 10:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

they should have force england and WI play with associates team. their performances are worst in WC
Old March 31, 2015, 02:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Fairly certain that India's 10th-string side could beat us 3-0 in subcontinent conditions.
(certainity is not garanteed) Yes, they could. Then again, their #1 team (1st string) could lose to us as well.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/535797.html
Sachin scoring a 100, Virat-Raina 50s, Dhoni a quickfire 20 of 11; yet the lose.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64916.html
Batting second, Shebag duck, Ganguly/UV failing. Dhoni was there too. Another loss.
Old March 31, 2015, 02:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

as long as this corrupted icc guy srivanam stays cricket cannot developed world wide , and it will be less opportunity for teams rank below number 8 , so now bangladesh is progressing and heading right direction i think we should definitely try hard to be in top 8
Old March 31, 2015, 06:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

hope BD become top 8!!! Really our next aim