facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 10, 2006, 01:14 PM
Cricket Guru

just Gayle..there are few more hard hitting batsmen out there for WI Lara, Smith, Chandu,Sarwan, Bravo,Bradshaw damn list goes on and on who can hit.
Rainhill's Ash will be of no use

Old October 10, 2006, 08:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I would have drafted in Shahadat for Rasel for this game. The prospect of Rasel getting hammered by Gayle is terrifying. Both Rasel and Mashrafee need to bowl tighter than what they did against Sri lanka. WI bowlers will give you boundary balls. Batsmen need to wait for that instead of manufacturing shots in the early going. Lets hope for the best. Anything can happen on a given day. Unlike Zimbabwe, we do have a shot against WI, miniscual it maybe, but a shot nevertheless.
The possibility of Shahadat getting hammered would be more. He is not as consistent as Rasel. He is much more economic. He might now have a lot of pace but he can swing the ball at ease and is a better oneday bowler (I maintain this assessment although he go taken for a lot of runs last game). I believet that he will definitely bounce back.
Old October 10, 2006, 08:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Rasell got 2 wicket in the last match but his bowling is so ordinary that he has no any quality for opening the bowling with mashrafee. He can be used a changing bowler. I think Rafique/Razzak (one Spinner) can start Bowling with Mash...just for 5 overs...BD has to do everything to win the match, so take some risk...why not?
Old October 10, 2006, 09:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...I can't see the latest post in any thread! Testing with my own.
Old October 10, 2006, 09:15 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

More like "paper tigers"... I would prefer Shahadat in place for Rasel, but ahh whatever.. Let's see what they do.
Old October 10, 2006, 10:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Rasell got 2 wicket in the last match but his bowling is so ordinary that he has no any quality for opening the bowling with mashrafee. He can be used a changing bowler. I think Rafique/Razzak (one Spinner) can start Bowling with Mash...just for 5 overs...BD has to do everything to win the match, so take some risk...why not?
Old October 10, 2006, 10:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib
Default Tigers unchanged for West Indies

Tigers unchanged for West Indies

Bangladesh: Habibibul Bashar (Captain), Shahriar Nafees Ahmed (Vice Captain), Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Sakib Al hasan, Khaled Mashud (Wicketkeeper), Mohammad Rafique, Mashrafee Bin Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel.

12th man: Mehrab Hossain (Jr.)

In the dry pitches at Jaipur, shahadat might have been expensive.
Old October 10, 2006, 10:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

I thought they would be trying Mehrab Jnr. Anyway still a good decission.
Old October 10, 2006, 10:48 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Because of the dry pitch, Mehrab should have been brought in. I know the idea is crazy, but I still think we should open with rafique in that pitch against WI. for several reasons:

1. WI is not gooad at playing spin.
2. Rafique did open bowling before.
3. They are good at playing pacers. our pacers won't stand a chance.
4. The pitch is spin friendly. with 4 spinners in the team, we might have a chance to choke them.
5. This WI team is vulnarable to surprises. opening with rafique will give them a surprise element and before they are out of it, rafique might pick up one or two vital wicket.
Old October 10, 2006, 10:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Sure ... goos decision... another honorable defeat... this time it may not be honorable though...
Old October 10, 2006, 10:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

Tigers unchanged for West Indies
TigerCricket.com Report from Jaipur
10-October-2006

Bangladesh have retained the same XI from the one that played in Chandigarh for the their second game of the ICC Champions Trophy 2006 against the West Indies at Jaipur tomorrow (Tuesday).
Mehrab Hossain (Jr.) has been named the 12th man. The West Indies on the other hand have decided to wait till the toss on match day before declaring their squad.
Both teams trained at the RCA Academy adjacent to the venue Sawai Man Singh Stadium in the afternoon today.
Bangladesh: Habibibul Bashar (Captain), Shahriar Nafees Ahmed (Vice Captain), Mohammad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, Sakib Al hasan, Khaled Mashud (Wicketkeeper), Mohammad Rafique, Mashrafee Bin Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel.
12th man: Mehrab Hossain (Jr.)

where i farhad?

nannu
Old October 10, 2006, 11:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

I have a fear they will whack our pacers @ 8runs/0ver. In 20 overs it might add up to 160 runs. I suppose our pacers need to study pitch well and keep the line and length superb without giving out any extras. Need to practice wicket to wicket bowling.
Old October 10, 2006, 11:19 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I just want to win, no matter what the cost is. (I'm even ready to see Mashrafee getting injured and not being able to play for another 6 months).
Old October 10, 2006, 11:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

So the team management went for the same decision.No change.No wonder Bashar is getting dull in field more day by day, team management's thinking is having a toil on him.Actually they rarely do any thinking.Play the same team you played in practice match and finish the tour.Simple math.

Really, I don't find any logic of not including Shahadat when we are playing with 2 pacers.WI will simply kill Rasel's mild bowling, better not to mention about Farhad.Anyways, team's announced.So, can't do anything other than hoping that everyone puts more effort tomorrow.
Old October 10, 2006, 11:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyobreeze
Really, I don't find any logic of not including Shahadat when we are playing with 2 pacers.WI will simply kill Rasel's mild bowling, better not to mention about Farhad..
Kind of agree with you. We need quick wickets at the begining to have any kind of hope. And only Mashrafee and Shahadat can do that. If we cannot get couple of quick wickets, WI will kill us. Farhad should be only considered as a part time bowler. Don't expect him to bowl all 10 overs. Farhad and Aftab should bowl 10 overs together.
Old October 10, 2006, 11:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

our think tank is quite empty to say the least...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 10, 2006, 11:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Forhad should come in after the powerplay is over and do the bowling in the middle overs. I rather have rafique and razzak bowl some overs in the powerplays.
Old October 10, 2006, 11:46 PM
Cricket Guru

We have no other options but to play these slow bowlers. All three of our "pacers" and slow medium will concede lots of runs. And Most probably Saqib or two R will end up giving 50 runs if they complete the rest of the quota.
I have a feeling our pacers will go us down in the beginning.
And batsmen no comments. AshDaful is always a flop, Aftab 30 and rest of the top orders combined 50 might take us somewhere in 200 clubs.

So no point of changing one or two!
Old October 10, 2006, 11:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Forhad should come in after the powerplay is over and do the bowling in the middle overs. I rather have rafique and razzak bowl some overs in the powerplays.
ya I agree. As a established and experienced bowler, Rafique should be the first spinner brought into action in power play. Rafiq should bowl some powerplays (to make up one FB short) and also between around 38-46 over range.

Bashar never took advantage of Rafiq's experience. Its much easier to bowl between 21-39 overs. Thats when you use your newer and part time bowlers like Farhad.
Old October 10, 2006, 11:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Looking into the team, don't think we can expect more from bowling in the batting paradise of Indian wicket. The key would be scoring as much run as possible. I guess it got to be our batting line-up who needs to show a very good performance to make any impact on WI. WI is any how a team to score 250+ easily against our bowling attack. So, it all depends on our batsman to perform and make a day.

Come on Ashraful, Nafees, Aftab, Bashar, Saqib - if there was any day BD needed to perform you with your potentials, it's the game against WI in CT. Show something and make us through to final round.
Old October 10, 2006, 11:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Michael Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
....So no point of changing one or two!
What you want, a wholesale change!
Old October 10, 2006, 11:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

With the same team, Bashar will just need to be a little more radical in his decision making. The rest is on Allah.
Old October 11, 2006, 12:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Rafique was used as first change bowlers quiet a few times, but our other bowlers failed to hold on bowling dept at the end after 36 overs. Especially Mash was, still is, doing horrible at the end overs. So he had to bowl in the middle.
Old October 11, 2006, 12:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I expect a better bowling performance from Masri and hopefully bashar will not wait till the 20th over to introduce rafique or Razzaq.
Old October 11, 2006, 12:28 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This is world's 8th ranked team. Our Pacers can sustain them on a good day.