facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Who is our best batsman?
Tamim 10 21.28%
Sakib 37 78.72%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 24, 2012, 01:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
I was just showing how disappointing Tamim has been in the Bangladesh team he's very inconsistent and play silly shots all the time whereas the example I have used doesn't so he needs to learn. Tamim in Asia Cup got 4 50s but the way he got out in each of those 4 games was due to a silly shot. He should've got 4 100s the way he was going. Everyone knows Tamim is arrogant!
I know what you're saying bhai but we can't compare our players with India's. our batsmen are lucky to be scoring 50's and the occasional 100 whereas India's batsmen score 50's regularly and score far more 100's than we do. The standards are much different for us.

I said in this in the other thread. When we have other top order batsmen scoring more than Tamim then I'm sure we'll see a far more focused Tamim than the 1 we have now. As long as we have Nazzas and Mofeeses in the top order, we'll continue to see Tamim play the way he does.

Obviously it's a bad attitude to have but what do you expect when he's already one of the best ever batsmen to play for us at the age of 24/25? That's why we need our standards to continue to go up.

Old November 24, 2012, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Kohli averages better than Tamim in Tests also. Kohli has 13 ODI 100s in less than 90 ODI games whereas Tamim only has 3 lol in 113 ODI games big difference. Tamim has been a waste in my mind and lets the team down.
You obviously didn't read my post. I'm talking about Tests. ODIs are irrelevant to me. A difference of "TWO" in average doesn't mean much and can't be considered to judge who's the better. Also Tamim played about twice as many test as Kohli. Kohli obviously will not maintain his average of 40 in Tests and will dip further down imho, he will be in the same league as Bevan, Dhoni, Symonds etc i.e. Legend in ODIs-Not So Good in Tests.
Old November 24, 2012, 01:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
You obviously didn't read my post. I'm talking about Tests. ODIs are irrelevant to me. A difference of "TWO" in average doesn't mean much and can't be considered to judge who's the better. Also Tamim played about twice as many test as Kohli. Kohli obviously will not maintain his average of 40 in Tests and will dip further down imho
I did read your post which is why at beginning in replying to you I've stated "Kohli averages better than Tamim in Tests also" if you check again. Tamim in Tests averages 37 now whereas Kohli over 40. I've been reading both their body language and Tamim just doesn't look interested in Batting whereas the other guy as an example does which is why I think Tamim is failing now. They're both 23 years old so that's why I used him as an example to show how bad Tamim has been for Bangladesh.
Old November 24, 2012, 02:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I know what you're saying bhai but we can't compare our players with India's. our batsmen are lucky to be scoring 50's and the occasional 100 whereas India's batsmen score 50's regularly and score far more 100's than we do. The standards are much different for us.

I said in this in the other thread. When we have other top order batsmen scoring more than Tamim then I'm sure we'll see a far more focused Tamim than the 1 we have now. As long as we have Nazzas and Mofeeses in the top order, we'll continue to see Tamim play the way he does.

Obviously it's a bad attitude to have but what do you expect when he's already one of the best ever batsmen to play for us at the age of 24/25? That's why we need our standards to continue to go up.
You can see now why former BCB President Kamal dropped Tamim in the 1st place because he could see for himself that Tamim was in poor form. Tamim doesn't seem to understand that Bangladesh are a 'weak' team not an Australian team or whatever. Yes his attitude is hard to change but that's why selectors need to be 'strict' on their selections and that includes threatening to remove their best players. The team comes first not the individuals but we all know selectors have their 'favourites' which on most occasions doesn't go to plan
Old November 24, 2012, 02:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
You can see now why former BCB President Kamal dropped Tamim in the 1st place because he could see for himself that Tamim was in poor form. Tamim doesn't seem to understand that Bangladesh are a 'weak' team not an Australian team or whatever. Yes his attitude is hard to change but that's why selectors need to be 'strict' on their selections and that includes threatening to remove their best players. The team comes first not the individuals but we all know selectors have their 'favourites' which on most occasions doesn't go to plan
Actually the inept Kamal thought that Tamim was still not fit to play even though he was declared fit to play. Imagine if he hadnt played the Asia Cup? We'd likely have Imrul and Nazza opening for us and we'd most probably end up winless. I know people are going to bring up the NZ series but those wins came thanks to our spinners and Shakib the batsman.

And very well said about the selectors. I doubt they say anything to these players. They need to be far more strict with them on their performances. Had they been more strict, we wouldn't see repeated mistakes.
Old November 24, 2012, 02:32 PM
Cricket Savant

shumonda ke dekha jay niche (sej howar por ber hoyechen), tai mukher upori bole feli... other option shumonda???

Edit: Shesh mesh shakib kei vote dilam, tar multan 100 ekhon chokher shamne vaashche... din bhaijan paaan din
Old November 24, 2012, 03:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
shumonda ke dekha jay niche (sej howar por ber hoyechen), tai mukher upori bole feli... other option shumonda???

Edit: Shesh mesh shakib kei vote dilam, tar multan 100 ekhon chokher shamne vaashche... din bhaijan paaan din
this is BD team,bhalo player i asey haat e gona dui tinta.
eto opshon dimu kemtey.
jei duita disi shei duita niya shukriya koren.
tacharao dujon(ne pas à confondre avec monsieur Dujon) e khela jom e beshi.
ei jemon Obama ar Romoni othoba Sarkozy bonam Hollande.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old November 24, 2012, 03:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Talent my foot. Ashraful is better than Bradman when it comes to talent but when it comes to performance ash is worse than Rohan Gavaskar. And lol someone comparing Tamim with zkholi wat happened Sgebug vs Tamim. Or Gayle vs Tamim?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Man, We got some hillarious posts today...
Old November 24, 2012, 03:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Tamim is stylish batsman but good for nothing, but Shakib is mentally tough and know sometime how to play with the merit of the game but Tamim lacks the art of playing according to game merit. Tamim seems like very non eager to learn how to play according to merit of the game, that is why he is just wasting his ability to score runs in test when you think of his calibre batsman. Look at Shakib he performs in all version and most importantly some butt saving situations. Tamim very rarely deliver or show his intense that he is ready for to fight back for his country. For Tamim I play like this today I click then I click if not then another day..the mindset of Tamim.
Old November 24, 2012, 05:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

probably shakib, shakib is more consistent overall formats, tamim has a better test record than shakib but a worse ODI record. however the big difference i find is that shakib more often plays a match winning or a fighting innings more than tamim. tamim scores quite a few runs that is true but when it gets down fighting, shakib does that much more than tamim.
Old November 24, 2012, 05:11 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

No dought is that shakib......tamim khali jane jhore bok marte....ar shakib jane team ke bipod theke bachate....
Old November 24, 2012, 05:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Nasir....
Old November 24, 2012, 05:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Nasir....
he's on his way, probably in terms of fighting nasir is #2 after shakib now.
Old November 24, 2012, 05:21 PM
Cricket Guru

If I had to depend on either one of these players on winning us a match (with the bat), it'd be Shakib. TI with all the talent he has is useless. Nasir can possibly be our best batsmen in a few years.
Old November 24, 2012, 05:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Tamim should be used as a pinch hitter down the order in ODIs or at the top if chasing a bigger target. I don't see any place for this kind of batting in test lineup.... He is not a proper batsman even to be up for consideration....
Old November 24, 2012, 05:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
he's on his way, probably in terms of fighting nasir is #2 after shakib now.
Even right now, I can depend more on Nasir's batting than Shakb.... Irrespective of who scores more runs...if you consider the dependability... Shakib also plays very chancy innings ... That's not at all expected in Test cricket, might be suitable for ODI/T20...
Old November 24, 2012, 05:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

lol,
probably the timing of this thread was a bit wrong
not enough competition
Old November 24, 2012, 05:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Shakib is a competitor...adversity brings out the best in him. In that sense he's like a VVS Laxman. He's a fighter. He even likened himself to a boxer once, IIRC. Tamim is gifted but he underperforms. He could be the better batsman but hasn't quite figured out his game yet. And he's not as fit. The day he bats two sessions consistently, with his strike rate, he can single handedly change the outcome of the match more than Shakib can.

But Shakib has more skills. In Asia Cup Shakib proved that he's probably one of the most skilled batsman in crunch time in the world, not just in BD. The way he found boundaries at will and batted like a master strategist not once, but twice indicates he sees the game like a Quarterback.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 24, 2012, 06:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

^^Nasir did the same thing as Shakib during the Asia Cup
Old November 24, 2012, 06:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Nasir has been doing it but shakib has been doing it longer. But I reckon they're our two most reliable players atm.

Last edited by Gowza; November 24, 2012 at 07:07 PM..
Old November 24, 2012, 06:44 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Abul Hasan Raju.
Old November 24, 2012, 07:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Ashraful
Old November 24, 2012, 07:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
^^Nasir did the same thing as Shakib during the Asia Cup
Nope, Nasir got bogged down in the final match. His slow innings was one reason that we lost. And I can't depend on Nasir for long innings either. He is just a carbon copy of Shakib. Fights out the tough time just based on his mental strength otherwise he plays so many risky shots. He gets lucky so many times in his innings just like Tamim and Shakib. But atm if you have to depend on someone who will change the course of the game then that has to be Shakib. Nasir is getting there but how I wish him not to emluate Shakib and play more chanceless innings.
Old November 24, 2012, 07:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Nope, Nasir got bogged down in the final match. His slow innings was one reason that we lost.
i wasnt talking about the Asia Cup final...

And Nasir is not a carbon copy of Shakib. There games are so much apart from each other. Temperament is probably similar.
Old November 24, 2012, 09:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Yawn. Easiest question ever. Shakib.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)