facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 19, 2007, 08:33 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Day 2 bulletin : Bowlers keep Bangladesh alive in Chittagong Test

Our day 2 bulletin..

Current Tour

India in Bangladesh, 2007
Bowlers keep Bangladesh alive in Chittagong Test
19 May 2007
Bulletin by Khondaker Mirazur Rahman

Bangladesh bowlers fought hard to keep Bangladesh alive in the first Test of the GrameenPhone series against India on day two which was marred by rain and wet outfield.
India lost 3 wickets in the days play and added 89 runs to their overnight score of 295/3, as wet outfield, caused by overnight shower and early morning drizzle, allowed only 20 overs play on the second day at Chittagong Divisional Stadium on Saturday.

Read the rest of the bulletin ยป

Old May 19, 2007, 08:42 AM
Cricket Legend

For my money, it was good bowling in tough conditions against some very good batsmen.

This is Test cricket - it's meant to be hard.

Ian Whitchurch
Old May 19, 2007, 08:48 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I think a more appropriate title would be 'fast bowlers kept Bangladesh alive', as it was the two pacers who bowled most of the overs and picked up the big wickets. We would normally expect our SLAs to be the deadly force, but they weren't.
Old May 19, 2007, 08:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

good day's report miraz bhai...

mash's development, especially his ability to bounce back from minor setbacks, is getting scary in a great way. rajib takes a little time to settle, and occasionally undoes what he's worked so hard to do because of the good old rush of blood to the head... but when he's on as he was today, one must ponder delicious possibilities. rafiq's intelligence remains unhampered by tough situations on the field. a very good and sensible player like ramesh powar - though perhaps not the most glamorous and athletic looking cricketer to hit the field in recent memory - getting set up and then worked into misjudging line, flight and pace to get bowled was a thing of beauty. a little more aggression from HaBa, especially with new batsman in the middle AND the relatively new ball doing thankfully unexpected things, remains the worst kind of wishful thinking. all in all, a good day for us. oh the rain helped in a major way...
Old May 19, 2007, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Hatebreed,

It's very, very tough for an off-spinner to take wickets on a track with no turn.

Leggies can bowl occasional unplayable big-turning deliveries, mixed in with crap that gets smacked. Offies ? Much, much harder to buy wickets on a flat track.

Ian Whitchurch
Old May 19, 2007, 09:05 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Our bowlers aren't necessarily big turners. Enamul got it to turn on a few ocassions, but he's also been guilty of bowling so many no balls and short deliveries. What I am saying is, the pitch is a batting paraside anyway, so without the effort of the fast bowlers things could have been worse for us.
Old May 19, 2007, 09:09 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

I am very disappointed to see the Cricinfo's bulletin, no single word about Bangladeshi bowlers!!!!

They have to understand that Cricinfo is not an Indian cricket forum.

have a look

India consolidate in brief passage of play
Old May 19, 2007, 09:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I am happy by the performance after such a long break (test). Good work Miraz bhai.

The title could be "bad weather helps Bangladesh's cause". I have faith we can draw this one. Thus the series would be still a lively one in Dhaka (in terms of winning the series, lol)
Old May 19, 2007, 09:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Hatebreed : paraside? paradise * :p correction

On the topic.. yeah our seamers bowled really well.. in these conditions against batsmen of such calibres..I guess India will declare very early tomorrow.
Old May 19, 2007, 09:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Protic,

If India declare early tomorrow, they could lose. Me, I think they'll want 500 before they declare ... if they do. It's easier to score runs on day 3 than day 5, and what they dont want is to declare, have Bangladesh score 400 back, and then be 3-20 early on day 5.

Ian
Old May 19, 2007, 09:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash,Mushi &Tamim

it's a gd report.You write well.
Old May 19, 2007, 09:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Well.. they might even go for a rapid run taking session? ..I mean they cant manage to take a lot of time to settle..and to be frank.. theres no one left..whos gonna try and settle.. lol. So either they are getting a pile runs by lunch or tea tomorrow..or they are gonna get BOWLED out sooner.
Old May 19, 2007, 09:50 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protic
Hatebreed : paraside? paradise * :p correction
Eeeeeh....
Old May 19, 2007, 10:05 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mark Waugh

I dont think tommorow india can bat more than one session. If they can this will be our failure. If they bat slowly tommorrow, more chances for BD to be able to draw the match. Certainly india cant afford it right now. Either way its better for us. Hope BD will bat well tommorrow.
Old May 19, 2007, 10:16 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I am very disappointed to see the Cricinfo's bulletin, no single word about Bangladeshi bowlers!!!!

They have to understand that Cricinfo is not an Indian cricket forum.

have a look

India consolidate in brief passage of play
seriously, cricinfo is so annoying and biased...is it run by indians???

and our bowlers were soooooooo good, especially since the pitch is super friendly for the batsman...i know mashrafe is superb...but i didn't expect rajib to do so well after seeing him in ODIs...but he was superb also! hopefully they can get more wickets tomorrow!!
Old May 19, 2007, 10:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Nice report, I noticed a small grammatical error though, I am sure Miraz will find it soon.
Old May 19, 2007, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protic
they are gonna get BOWLED out sooner.
ditto
Old May 19, 2007, 11:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I am happy by the performance after such a long break (test). Good work Miraz bhai.

The title could be "bad weather helps Bangladesh's cause". I have faith we can draw this one. Thus the series would be still a lively one in Dhaka (in terms of winning the series, lol)
suppose that happened ie we win the 2nd test.

do you realize how many eeeendians would cry "we only lost one match and lost the series...the format was crap"

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 19, 2007, 11:30 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Rain !

well i dont think play will be ne different on the third day! umm weather forcast predicts more rain ! soo.. hmm i guess its frustrating ! but yeah good bowling by masrafe and Shahadat.. u know we cud do with Syed Rasel in the next match... but then again he has no pace in his deliveries...well lets just hope that we can put up a good batting display !
Old May 19, 2007, 11:42 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: SACHIN TENDULKAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
suppose that happened ie we win the 2nd test.

do you realize how many eeeendians would cry "we only lost one match and lost the series...the format was crap"

Keep Dreaming Bangladeshis you will lose match on day 4 morning session only .You all Bangladeshis are funny hoping their team will win match .this is my answer forget it
forget it
Old May 19, 2007, 11:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Given that 20 overs today yielded 89 runs and the 3 wickets to fall today can be attributed to the batsman's urgency to go for the runs than anything else, "Bowlers Keep Bangladesh Alive" is the most interesting heading that i can see for a day's play in which everything right from trying to accelerate to losing wickets has being dictated by the weather.

For tomorrow, I don't think Indian batsman are aiming at playing more than 20 overs at max or 425+, whichever comes first (if they can survive that long). With only Dhoni to go, they may succumb even before that.

Last edited by DJ Sahastra; May 19, 2007 at 11:50 AM..
Old May 19, 2007, 11:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang
Keep Dreaming Bangladeshis you will lose match on day 4 morning session only .You all Bangladeshis are funny hoping their team will win match .this is my answer forget it
forget it
r u ****ing out of your mind? tomorrow going to be 3rd day of test match & india still batting. how you see they going to beat bd in 4th day?
get a life dude
Old May 19, 2007, 11:48 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
Given that 20 overs today yielded 89 runs and the 3 wickets to fall today can be attributed to the batsman's urgency to go for the runs than anything else, "Bowlers Keep Bangladesh Alive" is the most interesting heading that i can see for a match where so far everything is being dictated by the weather.

For tomorrow, I don't think Indian batsman are aiming at playing more than 20 overs at max or 425+, whichever comes first (if they can survive that long). With only Dhoni to go, they may succumb even before that.
DJ,
Weather dominated, true.
But if you say sense of urgency to score runs caused the downfall of Indian batsmen, I have to say that we were watching different games.

Definitely bowlers kept Bangladesh alive, if India ended the day with 381/3, the match would have been over for Bangladesh by now. Taking 3 wickets and leaving only bowlers to bat (Dhoni aside), Bangladesh can still hope to draw the match by restricting India within 450, and bowlers have created that opportunity.

Why do you found the headline interesting? care to explain?
Old May 19, 2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Protic,

If India declare early tomorrow, they could lose. Me, I think they'll want 500 before they declare ... if they do. It's easier to score runs on day 3 than day 5, and what they dont want is to declare, have Bangladesh score 400 back, and then be 3-20 early on day 5.

Ian
Experience speaks!
Old May 19, 2007, 11:56 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: SACHIN TENDULKAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal
r u ****ing out of your mind? tomorrow going to be 3rd day of test match & india still batting. how you see they going to beat bd in 4th day?
get a life dude

Bangladeshi test match averages suggest me that they will get out twice tommorow only