facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old July 2, 2011, 08:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I have a question..As far as I know we can eat meat slaughtered by the people of the book. Quran says :
"Made lawful to you this day are At-Tayyibat [all kinds of Halal (lawful) foods, which Allah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, etc. milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits, etc..). The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals, etc.) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. Al-Maidah 5:5

so whats wrong if we eat kosher or any meat from the market...
I eat kosher meat, Alhamdulillah! the real reason is that those Jews who sell kosher meat actually follow the rules from the old testament when they prepare/slaughter the animal to prepare the meat; since they are the people of the book, it is permissible for us Muslims to eat from that which Allah has made lawful for us. if you also notice that Jews do not eat pork because they follow the commandment from Allah from the old testament (i think in the book of Leviticus). the non kosher meat however, nobody follows the new or the old testament to slaughter it, so therefore that meat cannot fall under the category of "from the people of the book"...the other thing is meat from the market, since i have high doubts over it being permissible for me, I avoid it. most likely and about 99% of the time in Western countries the meat from the market was not slaughtered the Islamic way, and therefore it is not halal.(well, as far as i know, there is a difference in opinion amongst scholars but the general ruling is that if you have doubts over something you avoid it

Roman bro, I have to cite my evidence, please give me more time

I like Kosher hotdog(it is always beef DUH ) Alhamdulillah! it tastes pretty good!

Old July 2, 2011, 10:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Shob e borat was one of my favorite days when I was a kid. I still remember gathering with the local kids with tarabati, light them along with some elder bhais who would 'potka futato' during evening. Then we would come home, perform ablution and pray. They used to make haluas, ruti.. I would target praying 100 rakahs nafl namaz as 'they' used to say that whatever you wished for you would get it on that night...after all it was a night of 'borat' or luck[?]...but most of the times I'd get sleepy after like 30 or fewer rakahs. I'd wish for such silly things like getting all the Betal comics, or video game (it was Atari time then) or be 'first' in class. It was a peaceful night and the 'boma potka futano' was a festive thing.

Alas! As soon as I went abroad, it was apparently revealed that in fact it's 'haram'. Holier than thou muslims in South Africa (mind you the same country that harbored Pagads) would snicker and say that they never heard of it. Oh well...now at an adult age, no longer following any 'official' religion, I don't care but this special day surely some great childhood memories especially it was kinda like 'genie of the lamp' because whatever you wished for you could get it.

Thought would share the memories. Do not want to get into debate of rights or wrongs of the celebration. In fact far better thread would Borat and other Sasha Baron Cohen's "innovations".
Old July 2, 2011, 11:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Oi Rifat doura re dosto...Kala Alkhalla poira Azrail (Respect for the Holy angel) ailo...Gola Chipa dia dhorlo rey Rifaat...doura!!!

Ekhon ami ter paitechi re bhaiuo how many rice are in how many paddys.
Old July 3, 2011, 03:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Oi Rifat doura re dosto...Kala Alkhalla poira Azrail (Respect for the Holy angel) ailo...Gola Chipa dia dhorlo rey Rifaat...doura!!!

Ekhon ami ter paitechi re bhaiuo how many rice are in how many paddys.
I went to a speech recently on angels and Jinns, and I found out that ''Malikil Maut (the Angel of death) has no name mentioned in either strong Hadith, nor Quran. Azrail comes from the torah, and thus, Muslim's adopted it. But the right term would be malikil Maut.
Old July 3, 2011, 07:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
...This _is_ after all banglacricektdot com not banglamuslimsdotcom. While mods and admins are pretty lenient and welcoming to any threads that are opened as long as they abide by forum rules, how irritating would it be if I were to open threads on Hindu goddesses or Rabbinic parables every day?
Dear Zeeshan,

Bhairey, why so much rage and hate? What grave crime any muslim comitted against you or any loved ones? Must we muslims ALL suffer a collective punishment because of being guilty by association?

Have you seen anybody posting any "annoying" "irritating" Islamic threads in the CRICKET sectiom of this forum? What is FORGET CRICKET sections for....only "Yo Momma" threads? You dont find me or others there complaining or moaning about how silly, base and repulsive the whole notion of making imbecilic jokes about ones MOTHER. I think you know about the Islamic saying about " Paradise lies beneath the feet of your mothers". You pick the worst aspect of a culture out of all the good available then make it your own by embracing it like there is no tomorrow and then push it on to the forumers in BC. BUT do you see me showing my annoyance or irritation there or other equally suspect threads opened in extremely poor taste? Have I not adopted "live and let live" here?

So, go ahead, youngman! Open as many Hindu Goddesses or Rabanical Parables threads as to your heart's fill. Infact, that would be a notable departure from Yo Momma threads and their likes. We could, perhaps, actually learn something. We might even take part and contribute in YOUR threads. If offensive or in poor taste you won't simply find us there. Shalom
Old July 3, 2011, 07:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Agree with BCF. Why on God's wonderful earth would anyone be offended by Hindu God/Godess thread? If need be I'll open one for ZM.
Old July 3, 2011, 07:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
...Alas! As soon as I went abroad, it was apparently revealed that in fact it's 'haram'. Holier than thou muslims in South Africa (mind you the same country that harbored Pagads) would snicker and say that they never heard of it. Oh well...now at an adult age, no longer following any 'official' religion, I don't care but this special day surely some great childhood memories especially it was kinda like 'genie of the lamp' because whatever you wished for you could get it.
Aww....that was a cute tale, indeed.

Zeeshan, how about a thread on your leaving Islam i.e becoming a Murtad al-Deen? Just a thought. Might be interesting!
Old July 3, 2011, 08:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
I went to a speech recently on angels and Jinns, and I found out that ''Malikil Maut (the Angel of death) has no name mentioned in either strong Hadith, nor Quran. Azrail comes from the torah, and thus, Muslim's adopted it. But the right term would be malikil Maut.
Bangla bhai,

You work for "Thought Police" by any chance? What's wrong with adopting names from Torah? Isn't Torah revealed by God and a Heaveny scripture? I'm sure you have learned our basic creed which goes like "amantu billahi wa malakaatihi wa KUTUBIHI wa rusulihi..."!
Old July 3, 2011, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Bangla bhai,

You work for "Thought Police" by any chance? What's wrong with adopting names from Torah? Isn't Torah revealed by God and a Heaveny scripture? I'm sure you have learned our basic creed which goes like "amantu billahi wa malakaatihi wa KUTUBIHI wa rusulihi..."!
The Torah, although a book of God, and amongst the 5 holy books, we must follow the Quran, the one thing that Allah has promised to never corrupt, never change.

And whatever the though police are, I'm with them.
Old July 3, 2011, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Agree with BCF bro. And Banglaguy, there is actually no problem at all if we use a word from Torah because Torah being a Heavenly scripture, all the things it contains are right (Provided nobody changes things). So, you also go on and use 'Azrail'. There is no problem at all in using this word. Peace.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old July 3, 2011, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
^^^ guys you need to discuss this in fc section.

Just a word of advice. Religion is our weakness and sometime it's better to keep it away from Internet discussion as some people will have views that you don't want to hear. That's why you normally don't see me in religious discussion

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Islam kono mon gora dharmo noy. kintu online discussion a keu keu tader mon gora kotha bolte pare . Tai ei dhoroner discussion na korai better & keu kisu bolte chaile shothik uddhriti die bolle valo hoy.
Old July 3, 2011, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

I love how some people who represents Islam, a religion apparently of peace and serenity, oozes with biting sarcasm and tones of bitterness.

Bravo!
Old July 3, 2011, 01:12 PM
BC Editorial Team

Tsk tsk, such angst. Most of the pro-literal-interpreters here have been civil. I ask that those who are not so religious or not so strict in their adherence to their religions to adopt a similar tone.

At the end of the day, using a noble cause as a means to feel holier than thou accomplishes nothing!

- As myself.

As mod:

Please let us figure out what is a right thread or wrong thread and what posts are good or not.
Old July 3, 2011, 08:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Allah suddenly favoured 'Arabic' over 'Hebrew'.
He sent quite a few texts before in Hebrew.
He decided to pollute all the previous Hebrew texts and send a new one in Arabic.
And decided to give full protection.

Now the whole mankind has to learn Arabic, because that gonna be the only language available after death (behesto or dojok). I guess I have to learn this one pretty quickly.
Old July 3, 2011, 08:36 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I wish slavery exists.
I could free a slave for not fasting one day in ramadan.
perfectly legit in islam.
Old July 4, 2011, 08:23 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Why is not doing the hijab NOT the right thing? Don't be so swayed by misogynist misinterpretation of ancient texts.
Can you elaborate on that
Old July 4, 2011, 08:26 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Be good and do good. We will all be fine.

Why don't you share with us how you define what is good and what is bad?
Old July 4, 2011, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Why don't you share with us how you define what is good and what is bad?
Bad: annoying me.
Good: not annoying me.

Do no harm.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 4, 2011, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfjkl
I wish slavery exists.
asdfjkl: your responses are crossing over into unwanted territory. Please step back.

- as admin.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old July 4, 2011, 03:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
BC is becoming an "open mic night" for Islam bashing which until now was the specialization of Fox, CNN, BBC and Sky. BC has gone under hostile takeover?!
There has been no overwhelming "bashing" of Islam - mostly statements that you have disagreed with. The "homosexual" thread misses you, by the way. I thought we had quite a discussion going...
Old July 4, 2011, 06:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Shafiul Islam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoX0n...eature=related
Old July 4, 2011, 11:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfjkl
I wish slavery exists.
asdfjkl....this is outragious! What are you thinking man? This sorts of complete blind, STUPID and thoughtless comments give the non-Islamc world the wrong, violent, heartless, savage impression about Al-Islam and the social concept that Islam gave birth to. If it was during the middle ages and during the crusade after the fall of Damascas and Spain and all the recently freed christian slaves from the christian fortresses/citadels would more often convert to their new rescuers path, Al-Islam as a free soul....I am not denying the fact that the Arabs historically always traded and sold and used slaves and took part in this crime against humanity untill probably just a hundred years ago!

asdfjkl, as a moslem, you want to free all/any slaves if you can as it is morally WRONG to enslave another human being or even another living being for the All forgiving Allah's sake. Somehting He the Almighty created just like you and me and you want to enslave that creation of Allah and claim that you own him/her??? Are you out of your mind? You said, "I could free a slave for not fasting one day in ramadan." Waht does it mean? It is said in reference to that time, the time when Islam was founded by the Great prophet (PBUH), the concept you are talking about was refering to freeing slaves of that time, during the infancy age of Al-Islam, if you skiped a day's fasting in the holy month of Ramadan then you must free a slave of yours...it does not or Islam does not permit enslaving anything, let along another human being TODAY, NOW, capiche??>.....

asdfjkl, With age, Islam evolves, it evolves because it teaches us to evolve, because it is indeed like following a scientific research/study....it talks about the truth about humanity and compassion, understanding, respect of all living being, the nature and total submission of YOUR self to Allah. You have to undertand in order to understand.

Please do not say such things about slaves and all agian in the forum...it makes us, this forum, BC and Al-Islam look bad and portray us wrongly. Something we have been fighting since the British and Pakistan invasion/occupation of Bangladesh and in my current country USA we have been fighting slavery since Columbus came here!

I am so dissapointed at a lot of you...I thought of all of you all to be broader and grander...not bickering like this, over things that you do not even know of but you are quoting and refering the Creator and the Prophet (PBUH) left right and center and totally totally degrading the environment of this great Forum.
Old July 4, 2011, 11:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Oh another thing....what is this constantly comparing and self-superiority/inferiority complex and this constant desire to criticise people across the board at this super young age guys? How do you or I know what the sub-continental Moslems doing, what the British moslems doing and the North Afrikan Moslems or the Detroit Moslems doing? Huhh? Who are you or I to judge who is doing what wrong or right?

Some of you talk about Sharia Law, without even knowing the definite meaning of Sharia or what it means when it is applied to law....None of your country that all of you represent have the Sharia law....what do you know about Sharia law? Have you taken a good look at Afghanishthan last 25-30 years?

Let everyone practice their religion in a peaceful, friendly and understanding manner and respect the next guy here. Religion is a very personal spiritual matter...treat it like it.
Old July 5, 2011, 12:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Oh another thing....what is this constantly comparing and self-superiority/inferiority complex and this constant desire to criticise people across the board at this super young age guys? How do you or I know what the sub-continental Moslems doing, what the British moslems doing and the North Afrikan Moslems or the Detroit Moslems doing? Huhh? Who are you or I to judge who is doing what wrong or right?

Some of you talk about Sharia Law, without even knowing the definite meaning of Sharia or what it means when it is applied to law....None of your country that all of you represent have the Sharia law....what do you know about Sharia law? Have you taken a good look at Afghanishthan last 25-30 years?

Let everyone practice their religion in a peaceful, friendly and understanding manner and respect the next guy here. Releigion is a very personal spiritual matter...treat it like it.
I love you.
Old July 5, 2011, 12:41 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Thank you BK vai. Its people lile you that make me want to come back to this forum over and over and over again......May Allah bless you my big brother....