facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old September 16, 2005, 02:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Screen Interface Bigger than Screen!

Dear Moderators, or anyone who can help me. I go to this site called mixedmarriage.net. Unfortunately, when I asked for help, I got no response. The owner of the site checks in very seldom, and has no moderators, really. This site is packed full of people so I thought maybe someone could help. On my desktop my screen XP interface is huge. I can't seem to change it, and have to scroll left and right to view material. I only happens in some sites, mixedmarriage.net is one of them. Also, hotmail it happens too. I tried view, and text size, but that does not work. However, my laptop is ME instead of XP and it doesn't do it there. IT is very frustrating. IT doesn't happen here on this site. I figure it is some kind of settings somewhere. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Old September 16, 2005, 02:32 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

If the site is designed to show the page in terms of pixel and not percentage, you will not be able to see the whole page at the same time unless you have your screen resolution equal or bigger than the site. if it really annoys u, you can try changing your screen resolution this way:

right click on desktop>click properties>click settings

on the "screen resolutino" field, drag that bar to your right to make it bigger. keep in mind that making this bigger will chage the look of everything. your desktop and all other sites you view will look small.

you can play with it and come up with the best settings that matches your needs.

Edited on, September 16, 2005, 7:32 PM GMT, by Rubu.
Old September 16, 2005, 03:03 PM
Test Cricketer

firstly rubu, thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately, I'm on my laptop now, because when I moved the bar to the right one notch and hit apply, the screen went black. I guess the type of monitor (6 years old) doesn't support the different pixel arrangement or something. Now I restarted it twice, and can hear it is loading, but can't see anything on the screen. Pitch black. Any thoughts my friend?
Old September 16, 2005, 05:06 PM
Test Cricketer

ok, I took it to PCXperts and it happened because my old Hansol monitor doesn't support the new settings. Anyway, all is back to normal. He gave me some other ideas, under "my display" where I change the size of the icons, so I'll try that. I have an old Dawoo (6 years old) that was a pentium 300. (300 mhz). but before warranty was up (2 years) cpu broke, and a & b sound fixed it with a new pentium 700 (700 mhz.) but now the 4 gigs i had were not good. so i just upraded to 40 gigs, and to 248 megs of ram, and got a dvd burner, and all for 200 dollars. It is as good as my borther in laws or my parents who all spent 700 dollars. I am thrilled cause it all works. I guess i'll buy a new one, once school is done. but the monitor is old, i guess that was the problem.
thanks for the help rubu.

cheers.
Old September 16, 2005, 06:47 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

no problem.

sorry did not mean to go thru all those trouble by the suggestion. did not realize you are using a very old monitor.
Old September 17, 2005, 02:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
no problem.

sorry did not mean to go thru all those trouble by the suggestion. did not realize you are using a very old monitor.
No no, don't feel bad. I asked for help, and you were the first to respond. I appreciate it....really! I actually had my computer in, and bought more memory, it's cheap now, since it's older comuputer. only $19.95. I now have a whopping 256 megs of ram. that's tons for me. And I upgraded to a dvd player. They recommend 1.5 gigs, but i only have 701 mhz, so lets hope it works. We're gonna download a movie today and see if it works. I spend $200 on upgrades, and that is way cheaper than a new one. Anyway, don't feel bad, it led to me upgrading more, and it's all fixed now.

Cheers.

Mirek.