facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 24, 2004, 12:38 AM
Retired BC Admin

Default Article Wanted

Where are you guys? Pompous, Oracle, Billah, Fwullah, Rafiq, Arnab and others? No match, so what? All the excitements are there, practice, boxing, injury, award, u-19, why no batting practice, etc etc. C'mon guys, wake up and then wake us up with your write-ups.

Special reminder for oracle, we are still waiting for your wonderful stories you promised earlier.

Old June 24, 2004, 12:46 AM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
akhon kintu cholche summer time. amar mone hoi australia chara shara bishhai akhon cholche summer vacation. hoito amader shommanito onnanno adminra akhon summer vacation a achen. amio oboshho kichudin chilam. tai kichudin aikhane ashi nai. besh onek ghuraghuri korlam. akhono oboshho ghuraghuri bhaloi kortesi. but aikhane ashi akhon. dannabad.
Old June 24, 2004, 12:55 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

of frb, are u trying to say that everyone is "busy" spending their summer vacation and thats why there are lack of articles? i'm missing the connection between your post and the thread.
Old June 24, 2004, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
jaihok,
akhon kintu cholche summer time. amar mone hoi australia chara shara bishhai akhon cholche summer vacation. hoito amader shommanito onnanno adminra akhon summer vacation a achen. amio oboshho kichudin chilam. tai kichudin aikhane ashi nai. besh onek ghuraghuri korlam. akhono oboshho ghuraghuri bhaloi kortesi. but aikhane ashi akhon. dannabad.
frb apnar thai bandhobir khobor ki?
Old June 24, 2004, 01:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
Where are you guys? Pompous, Oracle, Billah, Fwullah, Rafiq, Arnab and others? No match, so what? All the excitements are there, practice, boxing, injury, award, u-19, why no batting practice, etc etc. C'mon guys, wake up and then wake us up with your write-ups.

Special reminder for oracle, we are still waiting for your wonderful stories you promised earlier.
Did any of them write article in Banglcricket? I could not find any article with the nick you used.

If their nicks will not be included in the article, then please do not post invitataion to specific nicks.

I know some or all of them are contributing for articles. But such invitation in the message board will further raise the issue, why should I not have the right to know the real name of the writers?

Either let the members know the real names of the nicks and vice versa or just do not invite somebody with specific nicks in an open forum.

[Edited on 24-6-2004 by abhs]
Old June 24, 2004, 01:36 AM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Did any of them write article in Banglcricket? I could not find any article with the nick you used.
Yes. Your search wasn't good enough. Try again.

Quote:
If their nicks will not be included in the article, then please do not post invitataion to specific nicks.
As mentioned earlier, including nicks in the article is the sole discretion of the author. And we always respect the wishes of the author as long as possible.

There is no reason not to use forum nicks in any forum post.

Quote:
But such invitation in the message board will further raise the issue, why should I not have the right to know the real name of the writers?
Raise what issue? Its not your right to know, rather, its their right to keep or disclose their identity.

Quote:
Either let the members know the real names of the nicks and vice versa or just do not invite somebody with specific nicks in an open forum.
Bad request. See above.
Old June 24, 2004, 02:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

1. Tried again. But failed. Do I need the help of a Moderator or Super moderaor. Should I request somebody?

Is it not the link for the Articles. Sorry my pc may have some problem or I may not understand well how to find it out. Please help.

May I note that only similarity I could find is in between “F. Waliullah” and “Fwuallah”. Are they same? How should I confirm? There are many similar nicks like abs and abhs, chinaman and chinanan, sage and sagex, rafik and rafiq.

I could also find one Masum Billah, is it the same to billah? Again, I find no way to confirm. I know at least 50 billah, who has different first name.

Or should I search an off-topic issue like Forget Cricket forum and Introduce Yourself to know about a nick? Why should Article related matters not be known from the Article link or from the same thread. Also why should I search there when I know that most real names are not available there?

2. “As mentioned earlier, including nicks in the article is the sole discretion of the author. And we always respect the wishes of the author as long as possible.”- Did I complain about that in my post? But the way it has been written means that they write regularly. I immediately rushed to Article section. But could find nobody there. If a respectable member in a forum posts in that way, I have to believe that. But why should I not find article related information in article related links.

"There is no reason not to use forum nicks in any forum post.”
Defnitely it is. But you are introducing some nicks as writers in a forum post, but not allowing a visitor to read an article written by him/her. Say, I like Arnab’s postings and after your introduction I came to know that he is a writer as well. I want to read an article by him. What is the way? If no, then what is the meaning of such introduction?

3. “Raise what issue? Its not your right to know, rather, its their right to keep or disclose their identity.”

This is simply illogical. I have the right to know from the poster about the content of any of his post. You have introduced some nicks as writers. Now it is my right to ask, please introduce me with some of their articles written for Bangla Cricket. This is very much in the posting guidelines.

Yes, as I mentioned earlier, the authors should have the right not to disclose their names if they do not post in the message board. If he posts an article in a message board, he will be gifting me the right to know his real name, if it will be posted as an article in the front page or elsewhere. If two names (in the front page and the message board) are different, then I will naturally again have the right to confirm if they are the same o r not. If they send their articles by other means like u2u or e-mail or post…, I have nothing even to ask.
But if some nicks are introduced as authors by any member, I should have the right to ask the poster about the writings of those nicks.

Please note that I am writing to a member (Chinaman wrote as a member only as his signature says). I am envious to see a member know all these nicks as writers, but I know none! Although I do not possibly spend time less than anybody in the forum for Banglacricket.

4. “Bad request. See above. “

Worst evaluation. Thanks to God that Chinaman did not write as a super moderator this time, rather wrote as a member only. I could avoid the shock since the worst ever I experienced evaluation did not come from “chinaman”, who is always in my top list as a moderator in any Bangladeshi forums I visited/participated.

Finally the only statement that was not quoted while replying is" I know some or all of them are contributing for articles.". Was it intentional to make a valid issue invalid?

Thanks again.

abhs
A trouble maker

Old June 24, 2004, 02:32 AM
Banned

Dear abhs, It is my humble request to you: Please drop this "Name/Nic" non-issue for ever. If you write a piece for BC, just pick what you like and let the mods know. Behuda pani ghola korar to kono karon dekhina. You have been at it for a while & frankly, I don't see any point to it whatsoever.
Old June 24, 2004, 02:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by billah
Dear abhs, It is my humble request to you: Please drop this "Name/Nic" non-issue for ever. If you write a piece for BC, just pick what you like and let the mods know. Behuda pani ghola korar to kono karon dekhina. You have been at it for a while & frankly, I don't see any point to it whatsoever.
Dear Billah,
Thanks. I know above all we should focus on the lone point of Bangladesh Cricket.
But I am sorry that I disagree to accept it as a non-issue. After the point was raised, there were extensive discussions among the moderators, as it was earlier informed by one of the super moderators. Also the moderators came up with certain decisions. Bushido Tigers nick was even included. I am thankful to them for all these. At least, I am lucky that I can know the name of the authors, who agree to disclose.

But my post was replied only after a further inquiry by post. Till then I was in the dark. If there will be any policy related issue or guideline for the members, it should be informed to the members. If not, any member can inquire and ask about the confusion or anti policy matter.

Since it was not done, I had to inquire further. Also while respecting "writers" right, at the same time I want to see my right would not be disregarded.

Finally. no, I do not, better to say can not , write articles. So there is no question that I want to publish or send articles etc....... . This is the reason I respect all who write and show curisity to know more about those who have this god-gifted quality.

Thanks again.

abhs

Old June 24, 2004, 03:09 AM

ok all of u, calm down. i can see the point of abhs. there is a gap between articles and posts. and being unable to link them is bothering him, as it did to me too for a while.

but, there is one thing i'm 100% sure about, regardless of what others, even the mods think. if someone wants to keep his/her identity as a writer secret, he/she should be able to do that.

my own feeling at the beginning was that, the article writers felt far away people to me than the forum members. for those writers who don't mind, closing this distance will not be a bad idea.

to chinaman: u can trust me on this, closing this gap will increase the number of articles u get. i'm telling this from my own experience. when i started here, i was warmly greeted by X (i'm not revealing that identity since i'm not sure he wents it or not). i had a few posted-discussion here. when i saw an article by him, i was surprised. i felt like if he can write such as good article, shouldn't i try some? since we both post same type of writing in message board? my first article was completely inspired by him.

to abhs again: stay in here more, u'll eventually learn most of the connections between nick and name. to give u the first step on it, i'll reveal my name here (as if its hidden anyway, anyone can visit my website and can know all). i had a very few articles in there with the name "rubu islam".

to all: anyone else care to close the gap between nick and name? mind revealing it here?
Old June 24, 2004, 03:15 AM
Banned

Agent, your people skills are excellent, you should be the resident arbitrator for the United Nations.
Old June 24, 2004, 03:35 AM
Retired BC Admin

"I know some or all of them are contributing for articles" was a correct comment and needed no answer from me.

"Yes, as I mentioned earlier, the authors should have the right not to disclose their names if they do not post in the message board."

Authors have that right without any condition attached.

If you follow the posted articles (not via u2u or email), you will see that it was posted as a "post" only and we request the poster to publish it as an article. If and only if we get the permission, we proceed to place it in the front page. So the poster-turned-authors do not loose their right just because they are kind enough to allow us to publish.

We routinely ask authors if they want their nicks be mentioned with the article. A few says yes, most remain silent. We CANNOT publish any identifiable info without their approval. Period.

To make it little more clear, let's say you wrote a nice post about the boxing incident and upon reading I requested you to allow us to publish the post as a front page article. You were kind enough to give the permission. Next thing we request you to give us your real name to give it more professional look and that if you are uncomfortable giving your name, please let us know and we'll work something out. We also ask about the nick.

Now, say, you give us your name and did not answer about the nick (sometimes we ask one more time), does it give us the right to disclose at the bottom of the article that this author has the forum nick of abhs? Of course not. (Even if I claim to have that right, it is always nice to respect someone's wishes who already respected my request.) Curious minds might already figure that out, but still we'll respect your wish.

If someone is not ready to give up his right, he should not ask others to give up their's. (Did I say it correctly?)

I'm not going to discuss about the authors that you raised question about because I do not have the right to associate their real names with their nicks. Having said that, you should be able to figure out a few by yourself with confidence. And of course, I can request any member, writer or nonwriter including yourself, to write for us.

At conclusion, I'd say that it is our policy not to associate real name with nick in the article without written permission from the author.

Cheers

[Edited on 6-24-2004 by chinaman]
Old June 24, 2004, 06:34 AM
Cricket Legend

lol asif bhai,
amar thai bandhobi ase na nai aita apni kemon kore janlen?
Old June 24, 2004, 07:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

I am sorry for appearing again on the same topic. Let "sorry" be screwed up first.

To Agentsmith:

Cordial thanks for calming down the situation. I knew your real name and nick long before. There is hardly any coner of Bangla Cricket, where I have not visited or did not try to do so. By this time, I could link some nicks with their real names. But that is not my real concern.

I honor the auhors's right not to disclose their real name in the front page articles. Even if it becomes a popular demand, there is no way other than honoring their choice.

But it is simply meaningless that poster-turned-authors (can be added to the dictionary) would be asked whether they will allow to use their nicks. His nick is known first in this case. So whether he wants to include his real name is the question may be asked after he would agree to publish it in the front page. By the name of a Professional look, he cannot push us to confusions. BUT, again if it is the policy of the Board (Please!!!!!!!! Consider revision), I am ready to accept it. We want more nice articles like the latest one although the author is not kind to disclose the name. So for the sake of better enjoyment, I am ready to stay with my confusions.

However, if it is the situation, why should some nicks be introduced as authors? If you cannot introdduce their real names as authors, you simply do not have the right to disclose their identity as authors. Is it not the case? Rather than healing the wounds from not knowing the nicks/real names of some authors, is it wise to more curisity or confusions.

Now they are introduced as authors, but what happens when I introduce for Instance, Agentsmith as a Terror and just ignore others right to be informed little more. In this case no body complained yet and it can be expected that they are authors. This is not creation of curious mind but pushing people to tedious serach or punishing people for curisty.

Anyway, thanks that you at least understood that there is a valid point in what I am trying to say.

To chinaman:

I did not want to reply further. But you made a question again.

"If someone is not ready to give up his right, he should not ask others to give up their's. (Did I say it correctly?)"

You are simply wrong. Nobody asked to give up anybody's right. How can a poster-turned-author bear the right to remain anonymous? He has disclosed his name already. The idea of Professional look is of the administrators or the moderators, which prompt you to ask the real name. Otherwise he might be fine with his nic for the articles. Even if he becomes stubborn and pose a condition to hide his/her name for publication of his article, then that might be considered. This is what my logic says.

But in this thread, that was not my intention. If the policy goes in favor of the authors (an autocrat Government style, authors are not for the members, rather members are for the authors!), ok let that be continued. But Don't hamper my right in anyway as a member in the board. I have the right to know about all the posts, about their contents and know whatabouts?

You can request anybody. Thats fine. We need more articles for our knowledge or enjoyment. But you specified some nicks giving the impression that they are frequent writers, if not, you have no or insignificant trust on other members. I may not write well but exclusion of my name in your list should give me the feeling of an inferior.

If you honor members right (oh! you told no right!), you should not introduce some nicks as authors denying to inform more in detail.

I have very high evalauation of you the poster of the largest number of posts in the board. So would you please be kind to tell me why was my serach not good enough.

I will not ask further why my request was bad? I know a request can be the best to somebody while being the worst for someothers? When a beggar begs, somebody donate even a huge money ansd some evn slaps!

A last question: It is appreciable that you sometimes post as a moderator and sometimes speaks as a member only. That is a very nice idea. It helped me to decide whether to reply or not to your post. I do not risk any ban from my most favorite site criticizing any moderator, wven if he become to outrageous on me. Sorry, making it longer. My question is- how do you know the policy of the group, the strategy towards the authors, members etc while speaking as a members only?:duh:

Inferiority complex entering inside my brain!

---------

Don't scold me, please.

Hope this ends my response on this topic. You are welcome to criticize me. But, if you would be asking any more questions or blaming for any comments, I may have to reply bu u2u.

Old June 24, 2004, 07:55 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:

Abhs, last month I sent an U2U to u about this. Check that again.
Old June 24, 2004, 08:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Well-known persons, nick names, were addressed to provide articles as before they did.

But we did not identify these authors, but they are writing regularly for main page and we are enjoying it.

After getting a clue that these well known nick names holder are regularly writing for us, then next curiosity, try to identify them, is very illogical? I lost.
Old June 24, 2004, 12:07 PM
Retired BC Admin

Dear abhs

I answered most if not all of your repeated questions earlier, with example. Until there is a policy change, I have to go with the current policy of respecting author's wishes. Thanks.
Old June 25, 2004, 03:45 PM
Retired BC Admin

Dear abhs

I must praise you to be so persistant on this issue. U2U members and moderators, post the same messages over and over again, include it in multiple "report post" and what not.

Did I not make it clear, both in post and u2u, that it is our policy to respect author's wishes? Those ladies and gentlemen are kind enough to take extra pain to voluntarily write articles only to make this site more enjoyable. We are profoundly greateful to them. The last thing we want to do it is to annoy them in any way or form. If they want to include their nicks in the articles, we will do it irrespective of anyone's knowledge about their name-nick; if they don't, we wouldn't, irrespective of anyone's knowledge about their name-nick. It is their decision and their's only.

Those authors are our members and any member could be an author. We always gladly consider all submitted articles. We even encourage all members to write articles for us. Just take a look at the thread: Write Articles in this site.

Quote:
Doesn't this sound commanding? Yet, I tried to label it as "request" in a civil guesture. But your assault continues as you continue to refer it to the moderators repeatedly. And, yes again, we can request any member, including yourself, with or without nicks, to write articles for the site we all love.

Quote:
I will not ask further why my request was bad?
Why are you then refering this to the mods repeatedly?

Quote:
I am envious to see a member know all these nicks as writers, but I know none!
You know none, is that so? Don't you think it would constitute a lie?

You, in all likelyhood, know more about the names & nicks of our members than I myself do. You have been collecting. You have been verifying. You have been trying to be 100% sure. You have been unyielding on this issue. Doesn't smell like an innocent idea to me at all.

Quote:
If they send their articles by other means like u2u or e-mail or post…, I have nothing even to ask.
But you have been asking and asking, over and over again. Doesn't smell like an innocent idea to me at all again.

Quote:
I may not write well but exclusion of my name in your list should give me the feeling of an inferior.
Sorry to hear that. Tell you what, why don't you start writing one, we'll sure help you with editing.

You have been a very good poster and a dedicated one. I don't know why, but for some reason, you are getting badly carried away on the name-nick issue. Now, it's time to let it go. Now it's time to honor other member's wishes, whatever small or slim that might be, to remain anonymous as you yourself said in the following quote:

Quote:
[Edited on 19-6-2004 by abhs : I like to remain anonymous, and if find somebody to be the same, I honor]
[Edited on 6-25-2004 by chinaman]
Old June 26, 2004, 01:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default My last Response on this topic in any situation

I did not want to write again. But there were too many questions and an effort to prove me a liar that I need to reply again. I promise this would be my last reply on this topic, in any situation. If there will be more questions and comments, which I should reply since those would have valid reasons, I will simply keep myself away from Bangla Cricket with broken heart. I would like to add few notes here (some may be repeating, but this would be the last, so please allow me).

1. The last reply with some answers again nullifies the previous argument that most if not all questions were answered. In my reported posts my concern was not only the nick/real name matter but mainly resizing of the pictures, images in the signature etc, which have not been taken care of in time, but furious comments (What issue? It is not your right.......) could be readily available on my post.

2. I was reporting posts to the moderator since I considered those posts violated members’ right to know about the content of those posts by the poster. I never asked to change the policy only for me or to let me know the real names of those nicks. Simply, a general invitation to all would serve the purpose. The 1st post of this thread has generated curiosity and prompted to search to know more about them. By introducing these nicks as authors, the poster has also made their anonymity and privacy vulnerable. By the post, the anonymity of the authors is no more respected by the poster. It is a violation of their right at the same denial to introduce their articles is a violation of my right as a member.

3. I did not ask any members about the nicks and real names by u2u or posts. One member willingly sent an u2U earlier regarding this and I acknowledged that. He again reminded me in this thread and I replied him again. Other than that I reported some posts only, which I frequently did to see that my most favorite site will maintain the best quality without any flaws. I know it is the responsibility of the moderators, but members have also been encouraged to do so. In several occasions I have been thanked for these. It is our Super Moderator, who advised me to withdraw his real name from one of my post showing some unconvincing reasons, although his nick name appeared in Arnab’s post in a different thread of the forum. When it came in the form of a personal request, I honored that since I am also anonymous in the board. I clearly mentioned that-“I like to remain anonymous, and if find somebody to be the same, I honor “. I have not changed my ideology. Check it here ( also see below)-

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...d.php?tid=6104

4. I accepted the authors’ right not to disclose their real names in the u2u and also in my post. Why are you mixing it up with my concern that “It is members right to know from the poster about the content of his post”? I do not persist any more after knowing the policy of the board to know about the authors real names, who do not want to disclose. I complained only about policy related to poster-turned-authors who already disclosed their identities both in message board and articles but still claims anonymity. However, since they are giving us time and presenting articles. I accepted that also. But if somebody introduces some nicks as authors it is my right to know “who is who” from posters. If I know that he will not be doing that and would deny members right I do not hesitate to be commanding, if and only if he is not a moderator. Please again note that I replied to the post of Chinaman who was speaking as a member only……., it was very clearly distinguished in his post.

5. When there is a thread Write Articles in this site, why should the forum be flooded with the similar threads? Is it not the violation of posting guidelines? There were invitations by the Super Administrator in that thread to all. Starting a new thread to invite some specific nicks introducing them as authors gives the chance to smell something.

6. The only statement blacked out while replying to my first response by Chinaman was- " I know some or all of them are contributing for articles." I speculated it to be intentional, which seems to be correct after the last reply. I in the very beginning mentioned that I know it. I was informed it by a member, as I mentioned. But to honor the privacy, I can not disclose and did not do that. When the article on n-tier system was published, I could find the real name of the author. I could immediately know from the u2u message the nick of the author. I wanted to congratulate the author for the great article. I could find Agentsmith already starting a thread Front Page Article;

wherein he stated that he does not know the nick of the author. I know it, but could not use u2u as a reference. I then searched by the authors first name and could see the Arnab’s post wherein the nick of the author and the real name could be correlated.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...d.php?tid=5878

Author's real name was used there, although the post was moderated, the name still remained there. It gave me the impression that the author may not hide his name. The policy was not announced anywhere till then and also the author did not mention anywhere that he wants to remain anonymous. So I used his name. But upon request from him, I removed it later although the name still appears in the Arnab's post. See my post in this thread.

If I know something from a forum, but cannot post it when necessary is equivalent to me of not knowing. For respect of authors' right as an ordinary member, I could not quote nick/real names together, but you could know all while wrting as a member. This was surprising! It is not anything useful or truth, which extracted from a G-rated environment cannot be quoted in other thread. U2U are private messages and I do not feel that it should be used as a reference. But if the names are found in a thread and cannot be quoted elsewhere for discussion, it is unprecedented.

Other than this, I did not verify/collect/unyield and ………. any of the other nicks and real names. (There were some exchange of u2u between Chinaman and me, wherein I was asked whethere I am some......... named person or not, or ... something else with giving option to reply or not. I also replied to his frank u2u with utmost sincerity even informing the bad health I had been passing then and seeking suggestions. I just hope that it has not been defined as verify/collect.... etc. Although such personal matters should not be discussed from both of us in BC website. From my side I beg apology). Although some can be found in Introduce Yourself and in some other threads.

In several occasions, I mentioned in posts/u2u many times about the unbelievable dedication and excellent moderation ability of Chinaman. He was to me a man of the ideology, which we the cricket fans really need. This is why I was more interested on him. It was so exciting to me to know the nick of the great article by the author and I congratulated him immediately. I was the first to voice, when Chinaman intended to quit his responsibility as a Super Moderator. I feel comfortable to find no gap between the nicks and the real names, it is simply my personal demand and some even moderators (I would not mention the name) also have the same feeling. This was my simple and innocent demand. I am not a writer and may not express the things in the right way. But you have that ability. Why should you become so furious handling an ordinary member? Did I really make much trouble for the board? Please, if you feel better, or consider me irritating or as a trouble maker, BAN me, but I earnestly request you not to smell rats here. It is as innocent as anything truly innocent in this earth.

7. I could remain silent after Chinaman’s invitation to some nicks, which might be the wisest. I agree that I could not control my emotion. However, the whole matter was not dealt in an intelligent way. My first query about the nick/real name was not answered, although there was a change in policy (Thanks to you all again to start to include the nicks of the willing authors in the articles), it was not informed to the forum. I had to appear again with the repeating question to know about it. And immediately after my post, I could unfortunately see a Thread “Foul Trouble” from “Who is online”, which was accessible only to moderators and had the topic ID next to the previous thread where I raised it and just before the thread “Foul Trouble” started by me. It gave me the impression that I am treated as a “Foul”, although I was informed in a reply to the thread by one super moderator that I was not the subject of those discussions. It was later also informed by u2u by Chinaman as well. Note the wording of the topic, “foul”. Is it helpful for a G-rated environment?

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...d.php?tid=6106

Reference threads are (please look at the topic Ids):

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...d.php?tid=6105

I was sorry to find that moderators were shown as guests and their activity can be monitored. I in the 2nd post again brought the attention on the vulnerability and one super moderator also agreed on that. But what were the consequences? This thread was moved to moderators’ only accessible area and my “search” function simply disfunctioned. I requested Chinaman to see the matter. According to his suggestion I tried all the possible ways to activate “Search” option and failed. His conclusion was not pleasant at all and later on I observed that this trouble arised for the reason of mishandling of the thread by Chinaman. He then moved that thread back to the forum. Before moving, I was not even notified. Whenever I was asked/requested/suggested I did not hesitate to follow Chinaman’s advice for deleting, editing … any of my posts, although in all cases none were in violation of posting guidelnes.

But now see, the text there is edited by him. If some visitor reads that thread, he/she should consider that there was some violation of posting guidelines in those posts. But it was NOT the case. There was nothing objectionable there. The edit reason mentioned justifies the moving back the thread to the forum, but NOT the editing. I personally think more than twice before posting any message and try to follow the posting guidelines as much as possible.

8. I honor privacy and at the same time I am careful to maintain it for myself. If someone wants to remain anonymous, he/she should be careful not to disclose it. If it can be known from an open forum, it no more remains anonymous and private.

There are people in the board of different ages and profession. It is always interesting to me to compare the change in creativity, progressiveness, depth of thinking, approach etc in the course of time. The emotion, expression, submissiveness of people changes with age, profession and individuality. Is it a crime to try to know about people with available data? This is the only reason I wanted to correlate the nicks with the real names. I have no idea how I can use the real names for any ill motives!

In conclusion, I am very much faithful to the moderators and administrators and therefore Report Posts frequently to the moderators, with only one motive: to ensure the best possible quality of the site and the environment, which helps me to have some really good enjoyable time. I again repeat that “I like to remain anonymous, and if find somebody to be the same, I honor “

[Edited on 26-6-2004 by abhs : To rearrange the correct links in places, add few more sentences and typos]
Old June 26, 2004, 02:10 AM

Default Thread Closed!

I'm unofficially closing this thread and the topic for ever.
my sincere request to all: please no more post from anyone here.

............. because i don't have time to read all those big posts. please help me save some of my times
Old June 26, 2004, 02:10 AM
Banned

abhs: Don't go away now. Do appreciate if you are dropping the topic though. Lively discussion is a democratic process
Old June 26, 2004, 02:33 AM
Cricket Legend

I was trying to change this to sarcasm green, but lost all the original text. oh well..

[Edited on 28-6-2004 by rafiq]

[Edited on 28-6-2004 by rafiq]
Old June 26, 2004, 03:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Change colour, rafiq
Old June 29, 2004, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

I haven't read much of the thread. But I don't think there is a "policy" per se of not connecting an author's name with his handle on the messageboard.

I am tired. Somebody finish the rest.

[Edited on 6-29-2004 by chinaman : Moderation]
Old June 29, 2004, 09:13 AM
Retired BC Admin

Dear Arnab

There is a policy. If you like to post the name-nicks of a member, please obtain the written permission from that person or atleast post the link where the member explicitely use his/her own name-nick him/herself.

We appreciate your cooperation. Thank you.