facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 31, 2008, 07:55 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid
Default Magic Moments Relive (Bangladesh’s Greatest Victory, Super Songs, Highlights, Celebrations, Analysis) Part 4

BANGLADESH’S GREATEST WIN

Bangladesh in its 8 years of cricket history had recorded a handful of memorable victories. But the one against South Africa in the last One day world Cup I feel stands out and the greatest one. Reader’s opinion will differ but I have the following reasons to stake my claim.

It was a situation where we outthought and outplayed the world No 1 team South Africa at that time in all departments. This is not mine or Bangladesh fans’ thinking but this is something acknowledged by South Africa Captain Graeme Smith.

Secondly it was not a case of just one man show as has been the case on other occasions.

True Ashraful’s magical effort broke the backbone of South African pace attack but there were solid and useful contributions from other team members as well. Tamim and Aftab chipped in with useful contributions of 38 and 35. Mashrafee’s mind blowing 25 of 16 balls really helped us to reach the 250 + mark. Fielding was of top order. Bowlingwise Razzaq’s was a class act as he scalped 3 prized wickets for a measly 25 runs from 9.4 overs. He was ably supported by Rasel and Saqib each of whom took 2 wickets.

For South Africa H H Gibbs fought a lone battle and remained unconquered with 59. But it was not enough to save his team. Bangladesh emerged as deserving winners.

The final Scorecard read as follows:

ICC World Cup: Bangladesh v South Africa
07-04-2007 at Guyana

Bangladesh beat South Africa by 67 runs

Bangladesh Innings
251 for 8 (50.0 overs)

South Africa Innings
184 all out (48.3 overs)

The margin of victory was commendable. It was not a photo finish or narrow win.

The Springboks were brought down under 200 and were beaten by a flattering margin of 67 runs.

This performance need to be seen by our present coach to comprehend that if a team have Self Belief , Right Motivation and Tactical Planning it can beat the very best. God knows when in the near future we will be able to produce such stunners as this one.

One of the other achievements that Bangladesh cricket team can boast of at the global level is that its historic victory put our name on theInternational Cricket Map.

Our esteem and status skyrocketed to dizzy heights and people of other cricketing nations started to respect us The pride of our nation was at its very best.

Now over to the composition of the thread.

I have included 3 songs appropriate to the write up Contents, Match Highlights which is the heart of the thread, Celebrations in different parts of the world and expert analysis from Partho Mukherjee on our superlative performance.

Let’s get started.

Starting Song

The starting song is a beautiful number.

An admixture of Bengalee and English. Nicely composed and rich in lyrics tells a little bit about our history, joys, sorrows and off course eulogizes BD Tigers.

Readers irrespective of age will like it.

Here’s the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghUVq3jkB38

Bangladesh Cricket Team

A short song of only one minute and fifty seconds. It highlights key members of Bangladesh cricket Team . It includes Ash, Mashrafee, Tamim, Aftab ,Razzaq and Shahryiar.

With so many fans of Ashraful, Mashrafee, Tamim and Razzaq amongst us it is a must for many of us. Don’t miss out on this one .

Here’s the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTfz7q7T-Vw

Match highlights

This is the heart of the thread which is what everybody has been waiting so long.

A Priceless achievement from Bangladesh. Relive how they did it.

Here’s the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GclSZ...eature=related

Post Match Impact

After the match was over there were Wild Celebrations all over the world . Dhaka erupted in joy never before seen as told to me by finds and relatives. Similar celebrations took place all over the world.

I have included the Celebrations at London and Toronto.

London

Here’s the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwefDTWCkmE

Toronto

Here’s the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whB3jl3GhbY

Partho Mukherjee’s Expert Analysis.

Partho has analysed our teams’ performance in a forthright and frank manner with incredible insights.

It was a masterpiece analysis that only Partho Mukherjee is capable of and one that we all can treasure for a long time.

Here’s the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-dLU...eature=related

Final Song

Finally ar akti gan. Amra Bangali. Music and songs are synonymous with us.Tai ar akta gan diye shesh korchi. Gantate besh josh achay and fast paced. Kintu khoobi upobhoggo. Asha kori shobar bhalo lagbe. Gantar title hochche ‘ Bangladesh Cricket Tribute ‘.

Here’s the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j87yMnDymA8

Feedback

Last but not the least Reader’s Feedback.

As mentioned in the last part of Magic Moments feedback from readers and BanglaCricket forums staff helps to better future threads.

I will appreciate spontaneous feedback from readers and BanglaCricket forums staff .

I would like to thank all Readers and BanglaCricket forum Staff for their time and cooperation.

Best wishes to all and sundry.

Cheers!

Last edited by ehteshamul; May 31, 2008 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: typos edited
Old May 31, 2008, 10:20 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

এহতেশামুল ভাই,

মানুষ যখন বড়লোক থেকে গরিব হয়, তখন সে তার বিলাসী জীবনের কথা মনে করে কি খুব আনন্দ পায়? পায় না। সে আরও বেদনাহত হয়, দুঃখ পায়, বুক থেকে হাহাকারের একটা দীর্ঘ নিঃশ্বাস বের হয়।

আপনার Magic Moments Relive থ্রেড গুলা সে রকম। কেন খামাখা অতীতের দিনগুলোর কথা মনে করিয়ে দিয়ে আমাদের কষ্ট দেন? আমি তো সেগুলো এই মুহুর্তে যতটুকু সুম্ভব ভুলে থাকতে চাই। কিন্তু মাঝখানে সব গড়বড় করে দেয় আপনার এই Magic Moments Relive। কষ্ট থেকে Relive তো হয়ই না, বরং কষ্ট আরো বেড়ে যায়।
Old May 31, 2008, 10:04 PM
Banned

Default Magic Moments Objective

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
এহতেশামুল ভাই,

মানুষ যখন বড়লোক থেকে গরিব হয়, তখন সে তার বিলাসী জীবনের কথা মনে করে কি খুব আনন্দ পায়? পায় না। সে আরও বেদনাহত হয়, দুঃখ পায়, বুক থেকে হাহাকারের একটা দীর্ঘ নিঃশ্বাস বের হয়।

আপনার Magic Moments Relive থ্রেড গুলা সে রকম। কেন খামাখা অতীতের দিনগুলোর কথা মনে করিয়ে দিয়ে আমাদের কষ্ট দেন? আমি তো সেগুলো এই মুহুর্তে যতটুকু সুম্ভব ভুলে থাকতে চাই। কিন্তু মাঝখানে সব গড়বড় করে দেয় আপনার এই Magic Moments Relive। কষ্ট থেকে Relive তো হয়ই না, বরং কষ্ট আরো বেড়ে যায়।
Hello BD Shardul Bhaiyya,

I think I need to clarify the objective of the magic moments.

We all know that after Siddons took over our results had reached a record low.

Particular concern is that of Aftab and Ash who during the DAV period brought us remarkable results. Even in the present thread concerning South Africa and Bangladesh Ash and Aftab were involved in an important partnership which paved the way for Bangladesh to post a competitive total and which ultimately was enough to beat the Springboks.

In our present low morale state any positive achievement in the past is a good feeling and morale boosting and reinforces in our belief that what we are capable of as a cricketing nation and given the right direction we can repeat past glory. So when we relive that state comes into play. In fact most Meditation Techniques emphasize the fact that when chips are down go back to the past and relive positive or good things achieved. It helps to restore a state of positive feeling and gets rids of undue stress that can bog you down.

Also when we won that epic victory there were other important items that many of us may have missed so I have included those like Cricket songs, Celebrations in other parts of the world, Partho Mukhejee’s analysis eulogizing our great performance.

Integrating these with the core content i.e. Highlights adds flavor and makes it more meaningful.

On a personal level I can definitely help you if you are short of motivation and positive thinking as I am fully trained in Meditation both eastern and western.

Meditation helps one with relaxation, stress management, enhancement of concentration, overcoming negativity, enhances Intuitivity, Achieving goals -short and long term and enhancement of Memory as well – good for students.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Last edited by ehteshamul; June 1, 2008 at 05:33 AM..
Old June 1, 2008, 04:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehteshamul

I think I need to clarify the objective of the magic moments.

We all know that after Siddons took over our results had reached a record low.

Particular concern is that of Aftab and Ash who during the DAV period brought us remarkable results. Even in the present thread concerning South Africa and Bangladesh Ash and Aftab were involved in an important partnership which paved the way for Bangladesh to post a competitive total and which ultimately was enough to beat the Springboks.

In our present low morale state any positive achievement int he past is a good a feeling and morale boosting and reinforces in our belief that what we are capable of as cricketing nation and given the right direction we can repeat past glory. So when we relive that state comes into play. In fact most Meditation Techniques emphasize the fact that when chips are down go back to the past and relive positive or good things achieved. It helps to restore a state of positive feeling and gets rids of undue stress that can bog you down.

Also when we won that epic victory there were other important items that many of us may have missed so I have included those like Cricket songs, Celebrations in other parts of the world, Partho Mukhejee’s analysis eulogizing our great performance.

Integrating these with the core content i.e. Highlights adds flavor and makes it more meaningful.

On a personal level I can definitely help you if you are short of motivation and positive thinking as I am fully trained in Meditation both eastern and western.

Meditation helps one with relaxation, stress management, enhancement of concentration, overcoming negativity, enhances Intuitivity, Achieving goals -short and long term and enhancement of Memory as well – good for students.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Thak bhai, apnar ar kosto korar kono proyojon dekhchi na. Maf koira den amare
Old June 1, 2008, 10:44 PM
Banned

Default No Worries - Allah Hafez

Quote:
Thak bhai, apnar ar kosto korar kono proyojon dekhchi na. Maf koira den amare

No worries. We will continue to be buddies.

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!
Old June 1, 2008, 04:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
এহতেশামুল ভাই,

that's kinda true
Old June 2, 2008, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
এহতেশামুল ভাই,

আমরা আবার ক্রিকেটে বড়লোক ছিলাম কবে? মাঝেমধ্যে দুই এক টাকা পথে কুড়িয়ে পেলে তাকে বড়লোক হওয়া বলে না।
Old June 2, 2008, 07:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
আমরা আবার ক্রিকেটে বড়লোক ছিলাম কবে? মাঝেমধ্যে দুই এক টাকা পথে কুড়িয়ে পেলে তাকে বড়লোক হওয়া বলে না।
La jowab Spitty bhai
Old June 2, 2008, 12:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
AHHH! this game brings back good memories.
Some memory it was!
Watched the game all night long, the game finished at around 8.30 in the morning, and went straight to work.

You could easily imagine how i was "jimaying" all day long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehteshamul

নুতান ফাগোলের হামদানি দেখি !
চালাইয়া যান ভাই ।

জেমনে দিনে দিনে মাতার তারগুলা ছিরা জাইতাছে, মনে হইতাছে আমারো কিছু করন দরকার।
কিছু মেডিকেসন লাগলে আফনারে জানামুয়ানে।

Quote:
যা বলেছেন ভাই, তুলনাহীন।
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 2, 2008, 08:19 PM
Banned

Default Meditation Benefits - Bd Cricket Team Is A Case In Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Some memory it was!
Watched the game all night long, the game finished at around 8.30 in the morning, and went straight to work.

You could easily imagine how i was "jimaying" all day long.

নুতান ফাগোলের হামদানি দেখি !
চালাইয়া যান ভাই ।

জেমনে দিনে দিনে মাতার তারগুলা ছিরা জাইতাছে, মনে হইতাছে আমারো কিছু করন দরকার।
কিছু মেডিকেসন লাগলে আফনারে জানামুয়ানে।

যা বলেছেন ভাই, তুলনাহীন।
MEDITATION BENEFITS - BD CRICKET TEAM IS A CASE IN POINT

Hello Rabz Bhaiyya,

I was not able to pick up your 'High Tech' Bengali comments.Too complex for me .So my apologies for that.

Just to activate your past memory you definitely remember like many others who closely keep track of BD cricket that some years back our own BD Cricket team use to take Meditation sessions the same One I took at Dhaka the Silva method ?

Why did they take that ?

Essentially for four reasons.

To enhance their Concentration level - Cricketers whether Bowler, Batsman,Fielder Captain needs that very badly.

To relax : In the relaxed state you can think and act cool again . Again Cricketers whether Bowler, Batsman, Fielder and Captain needs that very badly.

To program to become mentally strong: Meditation works on the rationale that at a higher spiritual level of mind If you program it acts like self hypnosis and if you believe what you imagine it can be translated into reality - The progarm is called 'Mirror of Mind'.

Let's say A batsman feels nervous facing a particular opposition bowler beause of his fast pace or spin which he is not able to read .

If he programs that properly he will easily overcome that.

Another important benefit is goal setting and its rewards.

I am sure if you check with some of your friends and relatives you are bound to find a few who took The Silva Course.

Of lesser value but businesswise successful is Mahajatok's Alpha meditation.

Millions of people around the world do meditations at home, Office, Health Club .

That includes Stars, Superstars be it in Sports, Acting, Music.

Even doctors somtimes recommend Meditation and Yoga to get rid of certain problems where medicine will fail.

For yours and readers benefit I am providing below a link of a meditation sytem very popular in Canada and which worked wonders for thousands of people in North America.

It is run by a couple named : Janet MacDonald and Jonatahn Kramer.

It is a cusotmized version of original SIlva Method. They have named it ' Dynamind".

Here is the link : http://www.science of happiness.com.

Hope this helps your concept about Meditation.
Old June 2, 2008, 11:04 PM
Banned

Default Hoq Katha

Quote:
Hello Spitfire Bhaiyya,

Apni Bhaiyya Moulana Bhashani's Hoq kathake Chariye gachen. Chatti Khani katha Noi.

Shabash! Apnakae A Grade dewa Galo.

Cheers!
Old May 31, 2008, 11:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

wow, BD-shardul speaks a sad truth
Old June 1, 2008, 04:32 AM
Cricket Guru

AHHH! this game brings back good memories. why doesn't BD play like this every day ? btw.. the song you put,That's Bangladesh by stoic bliss, right?

Last edited by Antora; June 1, 2008 at 04:39 AM..
Old June 1, 2008, 08:28 AM
Banned

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
AHHH! this game brings back good memories. why doesn't BD play like this every day ? btw.. the song you put,That's Bangladesh by stoic bliss, right?
Hello Antora,

Thanks for the feedback.

Bangladesh currently lacks a coach like Dav with good vision,motivational skills and tactics. That’s why we unable to produce similar results.

One hopes present Coach Siddons do some soul searching and make significant changes
with regards to his vision, motivational and game plan tactics and bring victories for us.

At the present anything short of Victory is not acceptable for us.

Regarding your query on the author of The first song if thats what you are referring to
I think you have stumped me on that.

All I can say at this point is that it was edited by Naz Ahmed which you can visually see at the of the song . It does not say who rendered the vocals. I am really sorry Antora I am not able to confirm the vocalist for the song.

While searching for your query I came across an interesting finding in Google which I want to share with you.

When I typed "bangla cricket songs and author" in Google much to my amazement
two of my magic moments thread links popped up as follows :

Magic Moments(Ashraful and Junaed Masterpiece, Bangladesh Cricket ...
The cricket song - Hothat Koray Bangladesh, Charidikey Bangladesh most likely sung by ... There has been many cricket songs associated with Bangladesh’s ...
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=26796 - 48k - Cached - Similar pages

Magic Moments Relive (Bangladesh’s Greatest Victory, Super Songs ...
Magic Moments Relive (Bangladesh’s Greatest Victory, Super Songs, Highlights, Celebrations, Analysis) Part 4 Bangladesh Cricket.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=26865 - 23 hours ago - Similar pages
More results from www.banglacricket.com »

That’s interesting .

Cheers!

Last edited by ehteshamul; June 1, 2008 at 09:56 AM..
Old June 1, 2008, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

I appreciate your efforts with this 'Magic moments thing' but you seem to be bringing up stuff that just happened within last 3 years and too recent. Why not the glory days of the real magic moments of our 1st ever victory in the World cup against Scotland and later beating Pakistan in the same tournament. Also the ICC trophy final where we were victorious against kenya. To me these are the real magic moments of our cricket history and development and would be appreciated if you could upload vidoe clips of those matches.
Dont get me wrong, Im not rubbishing Cardiff or WC'O7 as they were very special but just glimpses of what we are capable of and all to recent to 'relive'.
Old June 1, 2008, 10:57 AM
Banned

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
I appreciate your efforts with this 'Magic moments thing' but you seem to be bringing up stuff that just happened within last 3 years and too recent. Why not the glory days of the real magic moments of our 1st ever victory in the World cup against Scotland and later beating Pakistan in the same tournament. Also the ICC trophy final where we were victorious against kenya. To me these are the real magic moments of our cricket history and development and would be appreciated if you could upload vidoe clips of those matches.
Dont get me wrong, Im not rubbishing Cardiff or WC'O7 as they were very special but just glimpses of what we are capable of and all to recent to 'relive'.
Hello Yameen Bhaiyya,

Thanks for the feedback.

This is what I was looking as the real feedback ie what do the readers wants.

My next magic moments will definitely have one of your suggestions as part of its contents.

Cheers!
Old June 3, 2008, 01:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

The best form of meditation is prayer (Salat). The verses of Quran are supposed to be used as self instruction, unfortunately people jsut don't understand what they say. Neither are conversant enough to identify the right verses that is needed for him/her. So are not getting the benefits.

Well, no intention of having a religiuos discussion here, just thought it to be relevant to the sub-topic; Meditation.
Old June 3, 2008, 07:11 AM
Banned

Default Meditation - Prayer( Salat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
The best form of meditation is prayer (Salat). The verses of Quran are supposed to be used as self instruction, unfortunately people jsut don't understand what they say. Neither are conversant enough to identify the right verses that is needed for him/her. So are not getting the benefits.

Well, no intention of having a religiuos discussion here, just thought it to be relevant to the sub-topic; Meditation.

Hello Banfan Bhaiyya,

You are absolutely right. There cannot be any substitute for Salat - No questions about that.

If you can do 5 times a day everything works out smoothly.

If you can do Tahazzud- It works wonders - Actually Miracles.

It says that when you do Tahazzud you are spiritually connected to God. God answers your wishes.

It is most effective if you do that between ( 3-3:00 a.m ) at night - This is my findings.

MEDITATION - PRAYER(SALAT) IS THE BEST.

I hope this helps.