facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 9, 2008, 03:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

[QUOTE=AsifTheManRahman;745587]Here's one from Khondaker Mirazur Rahman, editor of a website called BanglaCricket.com:

Hmm...looks to me very 'porichito'.

Old October 9, 2008, 04:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Can someone find the email address of Mathew Varghese sub-editor (stats) at Cricinfo.

I would like to answer his queries (nicely) since he has no faith on BD cricket team and worries alot about the ICL exodus.

Fragile Bangladesh aim to fill ICL void
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdes...ry/372910.html
There is one big question ahead of Bangladesh's home series against New Zealand: how will a team, already struggling to justify its status as a Test-playing nation, cope with the loss of 14 players to the ICL? The likes of Habibul Bashar and Mohammad Rafique may not be key figures anymore, but Bangladesh will surely feel the pinch of an exodus that includes several recent internationals. At full strength, they have failed to challenge major opposition since the World Cup last year and, with the talent pool now depleted, few would bet a change of odds against New Zealand.

On their last international assignment - a three-ODI series in Darwin - Bangladesh were humbled by Australia, with batting failures largely to blame. Glaringly, Mohammad Ashraful's own place in the side is under scrutiny following wretched form. But the dismal tour has been overshadowed the exodus to the ICL. While Bangladesh play New Zealand the Dhaka Warriors, comprising the ICL's Bangladesh recruits led by former captain Bashar, will be showcasing their talent in India.
Bangladesh's insipid batting has been the reason behind their recent failures, and the exit of Aftab Ahmed, Shariar Nafees, Alok Kapali and Nazimuddin is potentially massive. The biggest problem is at the top of the order. Tamim Iqbal has been Bangladesh's leading run-scorer this year - and the only one to average over 30 - but they have been unable to find him a capable partner.

Both Nafees and Nazimuddin are in the ICL, while Junaid Siddique and Mehrab Hossain jnr have struggled to make it past single figures. In their last nine ODIs, Bangladesh's openers have not managed a first-wicket stand over 20. Two of their three uncapped players named in the squad, Imrul Kayes and Naeem Islam, are top-order batsmen and could get a chance.

Mahbubul Alam is the new face in a bowling attack that managed to restrict Australia to below 200 during the recent ODIs. But it is unlikely he will play, with Mashrafe Mortaza, Shahadat Hossain and left-armer Syed Rasel in the squad. The spinners are likely to play a key role, and Bangladesh will rely on Abdur Razzak and allrounders Shakib Al Hasan and Mahmudullah.

Bangladesh are perhaps not ideal opposition before an Australian challenge, but it is the ideal opportunity for Daniel Vettori's side to gain confidence. Although their only warm-up game of the tour was washed out, they will head into the three one-day internationals with hopes of a sweep, which will move them up to No. 2 in the ICC ODI rankings. The postponement of the Champions Trophy allowed New Zealand to arrive early and acclimatise to conditions in Bangladesh, and Vettori expects nothing less than victory in the ODIs and two Tests. If it works out, it would be a repeat of their tour in 2004 and last season's home series.

New Zealand lost both their home and away Test series against England earlier in the year but they have been more successful in limited-overs games. They beat England 3-1 both home and away. New Zealand have won their last five ODIs, the recent two beind comprehensive wins against Scotland and Ireland.

New Zealand' s slightly revamped batting - Peter Fulton and James Marshall have been dropped - will be bolstered by the return of opener Jesse Ryder after he nearly jeopardised his career in February by punching a window. However, barring Scott Styris, the line-up is largely inexperienced. For the likes of Jamie How and the developing Ross Taylor, this tour is the first in the subcontinent.

Allrounders lend the team a good balance, while Tim Southee and Kyle Mills form a potent pace attack. Vettori's left-arm spin could prove a handful: on his last tour of Bangladesh he topped the wickets chart in both the Tests and ODIs. His seven ODI wickets came at an average under ten.

The first ODI is in Mirpur on October 9, followed by matches on the 11th and 14th.
Old October 9, 2008, 05:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly, Rafiq, Klusner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Proof: Cricinfo doesn't intentionally make mistakes to put down BD

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdes...ry/373126.html

The last paragraph says we won 4 matches in the World Cup (we won 3 in WC)
we did win 4...NZ on warm-up match then INDI. then BUR. then RSA then almost vs UK...and WI [wi scored only 19!!! on 1st 11 overs!!]
Old October 9, 2008, 05:24 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Default From all around the world

In the last 2 hours

Bangladesh Tigers upset New Zealand Gulf Times - Home 21:54

In the last 4 hours

Bangladesh win first match in cricket series Radio New Zealand - News 20:48
B’desh romp to historic win The Asian Age - Sports 20:13
Black Caps suffer first loss to Bangladesh Radio New Zealand - Sports 19:33
Black Caps shocked by minnows Stuff.co.nz 19:19

In the last 6 hours

Proof of Bangladesh's ability Cricinfo.com 17:44
Black Caps beaten by Bangladesh for first time Radio Sport 17:44
Rusty Black Caps lose to second-string Bangladesh side TV3 - Latest News 17:42

In the last 8 hours

Bangladesh stun Kiwis, win by seven wickets PakTribune.Com - Sports 15:47
Bangladesh embarrass New Zealand The Daily Telegraph, Australia - Sport 15:02
Bangladesh upset New Zealand in cricket one dayer Xtra - Cricket 14:20
Cricket: Siddique, Mortaza help Bangladesh upset New Zealand Channel NewsAsia - Sport 14:17
Bangladesh in shock win over Kiwis Fox Sports Australia - Cricket 14:08
Deshis down bumbling Black Caps The Age - Sport 14:06

First-ever: Bangladesh upset New Zealand Ninemsn - Sport 14:00
Bangladesh defeat New Zealand for first time in one-day history Sport.co.uk 13:59
Bangladesh upset New Zealand SBS World News Australia - Water 13:54
Bangladesh stun Kiwis iafrica.com - Cricket 13:37
Siddique leads Bangladesh to rare win Reuters UK - Home 12:43

Bangladesh shock sorry Kiwis England And Wales Cricket Board 12:39
Blacks Caps lose to Bangladesh Radio Sport 12:26
Bangladesh restrict New Zealand to 201 in cricket one dayer Xtra - Cricket 12:21
Tigers claim New Zealand scalp Sky Sports - Cricket 12:19
Blackcaps scrape through first one-dayer with Bangladesh TV3 - Latest News 12:13

Bangladesh stroll to historic win BBCi - Sport 12:10
Siddique, Mortaza help Bangladesh upset New Zealand Yahoo News - Business 12:04
Bangladesh clip NZ's wings for first time Xtra - Cricket 11:59
Black Caps out hustled by minnows TVNZ 11:57
Cricket-Bangladesh 202-3 v New Zealand 201-9 - first ODI result Reuters.co.uk - Cricket 11:54

Historic win for Bangladesh Sportal NZ 11:49
Cricket: Bangladesh humble Black Caps New Zealand Herald - Cricket 11:25
McLaren future in doubt after international call-up Kent Messenger - Kent CCC 10:49
Bangladesh bowlers stifle New Zealand in first ODI Xtra - Cricket 10:46
Siddique leads Bangladesh to ODI win vs N.Zealand 14:59 GMT Reuters - Sport 09:29

UPDATE 2-Cricket-Siddique leads Bangladesh to rare win Reuters - Sports 09:12
Tigers Stun The Black Caps Cricket365.com 08:58
Siddique Fires Bangladesh To Shock Win Sporting Life - Cricket 08:49
Oram saves NZ's blushes with fighting half-century Xtra - Cricket 08:29
Oram saves NZ's blushes Stuff.co.nz 08:23

Cricket-New Zealand v Bangladesh first ODI scoreboard Reuters - Business 08:17
Cricket-New Zealand 201-9 in 50 overs v Bangladesh Reuters - Sports 07:57
Ponting opens India series with century Radio New Zealand - Sports 07:14
Bangladesh win toss, opt to field v New Zealand Xtra - Cricket 06:36
Bangladesh maul sorry New Zealand Cricinfo.com 06:20

NZ asked to bat first v Bangladesh Xtra - Cricket 05:13
Skipper scores century Cricket Online 04:45
Cricket: NZ win toss, bat in Bangladesh New Zealand Herald - Sports 04:37
Cricket-Bangladesh win toss, opt to field v New Zealand Reuters.co.uk - Cricket 04:06
Injured Martin to miss Tests Dawn - Sport 03:11

New Zealand name Ryder for first ODI against Bangladesh Xtra - Cricket 00:16
Old October 9, 2008, 08:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

MuhammedC bhai, Great job. Shudhu dhondobad bolle apnake choto kora hobe. I've add this page in my favorites. I will read all of these article with time and my father a great cricket lover would delighted to read these articles. I will print out and hand over to him Inshaallah.
Old October 10, 2008, 10:06 AM

I am looking for 2nd match preview article on CI but in vain. Looks like they are too lazy to work on it yet.
Old October 10, 2008, 11:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: who eva plays well

Some stuff I got off other forums:

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/show...=39830&page=27

Well, congrats to Bangladesh. They were excellent and proved me wrong.

New Zealand definitely looked like they were rusty, and they didn't get the benefit of the toss. Ryder looks in good nick, and Taylor looked alright actualy, he just played a dumb shot. The rest of that top order needs to get some runs though and I don't want to start playing the whiny talkback blame game, but one season wonder Flynn still looks good but once again he's all show and no runs, and he has Fulton breathing down his neck.

Would have liked to have seen Patel and Elliott in the side, and hope to see them there on Saturday.

No taking this away from Bangladesh though, they played like a true top ODI side last night, which I'm sure Richard will diasgree with, but it doesn't matter who is playing the good cricket, its the good cricket that counts, and thats why Bangladesh can win games against top sides occassionally.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...1&page=2&pp=50

1st match after all those players moving to ICL, pressure was on but Bangladesh showed true fighting spirit and Congratulations to them!!! well deserved win, dont know why but when i hear bangladesh wins a match against any team its always happy to hear this, i know they have talent they much much more to show to the world than they are letting on, i hope bangladesh can carry on playing like this and remain in the top 10 teams of the world, wouldnt want them to loose their spot!!

hardluck to the NZ never really liked them and yeh someone said about the hype of these NZ's totally agree they aren't up there
Old October 10, 2008, 11:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Gem of a post MohammedC. Thank you!! I'll spending next hour so in this post.
Old October 10, 2008, 12:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
MuhammedC bhai, Great job. Shudhu dhondobad bolle apnake choto kora hobe. I've add this page in my favorites. I will read all of these article with time and my father a great cricket lover would delighted to read these articles. I will print out and hand over to him Inshaallah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Gem of a post MohammedC. Thank you!! I'll spending next hour so in this post.
Thanks auntu and Mizan bhai here is more for you

In the last hour

Black Caps dish out explanations not excuses Stuff.co.nz 17:05

In the last 2 hours

Cricket: Black Caps under pressure New Zealand Herald - Sports 16:19

Today

Ashraful Keen To Build On Success Cricket365.com 09:38
Bangladesh break their duck Yorkshire Post - Cricket 09:17
Cricket: Bangladesh skipper eyes another Black Caps loss New Zealand Herald - Sports 09:01
Vettori Seeks Revenge After Shock Loss Cricket365.com 03:54
NZ under pressure to square series Xtra - Cricket 03:35

Siddique, Mortaza help Bangladesh upset New Zealan Mid Day - Sports 03:28
Junaed, Mashrafe script Bangladesh’s maiden win over Kiwis Dawn - Sport 03:26
Cricket: Black Caps under pressure to square series New Zealand Herald - Cricket 03:02
Bangladesh beat New Zealand by seven wickets The Star Online - Sports 00:34

Yesterday

Bangladesh destroy New Zealand's ambition of lofty ranking The Sydney Morning Herald - Sport 23:24 9-Oct-08
Old October 10, 2008, 12:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

nice to see these sort of articles
Old October 10, 2008, 02:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Here's one from Khondaker Mirazur Rahman, editor of a website called BanglaCricket.com:

More at http://www.banglacricket.com/tours/2...N_BD//tour.php
yeah, i like this khondaker guy, the guy writes real well and very passionate about BD cricket! we should try to get him to be a BC member! maybe he will write more about the tigers!