facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old September 26, 2010, 12:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default NBA 2010-2011, The 3 Amigos Edition

Training Camps have started I'm excited, Preseason next week

1. Miami, lets see how they do with the 3 amigos, LeCon, D-Whistle and & Rupaul. Over/Under 25 Games for Riley to fire the poor coach so can try to snake his into another title. They should be #1 team in the East but Orlando and Boston will have something to say and Chicago should be good too.

2. Melo to Nets? Melo says no to NJ at 1st than he says Yes but now Denver doesn't know, they have 2nd thoughts. Lets see how this plays out

3. 3peat in LA? Kobe going for his 2nd 3peat, Phil going for his 4th, West is watered down. Even w/o Bynum the Lakers should be fine in the West.

As for moi

This is the year the Knicks make the playoffs, good on them for not budging and not trading Gallinari or Randolph for Melo. The Knicks should be Portland/Oklahoma City East w/ the Young players they have. Along Amare and Felton their gonna push the ball play good basketball.

Old September 26, 2010, 07:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Melo to chicago - That would be interesting.

I'd like Miami for 1000 please. Dang that was the "daily double" as well? Some guys have all the luck.
Old September 26, 2010, 10:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Miami who ? Toronto Raptors are gonna be 2010-2011 champions lol.

Seriously though, I'm excited to see how miami heat performs. I have a feeling that their egos are gonna get the best of them. We might even see one of them getting traded in the all-star break. Still though, this team is scary, I mean wade and bosh in the same team is pretty scary itself, adding lebron to that mix is deadly.

The knicks didn't have a great free agency period in my opinion, I mean after all the preparations to land one of the big three all they managed to do was sign amare stoudamaire. Will amare be as effective as he was in phoenix where he had steve nash to feed him good looks ? Although they might just squeeze into the playoffs, I doubt they're gonna be anything above .500 team.

The raptors are young, but we lack any potential all stars on our roster. Demar can be pretty good, but I don't think he'll ever be of all-star calibre, bargnani is capable of getting 20ppg but all the other departments of his game are dreadful, ed davis is a good shot blocker who can be a nice 3rd option on the offense in his prime, amir in my opinion is gonna be nothing more than a decent role player coming off the bench in his prime due to his fouling troubles and weems can be a decent starter in his prime, nothing more. So glad we have kleiza though, he's gonna make a difference and the turkoglu trade was amazing, so glad we got rid of him. I think landing a top 3 pick and getting a point guard like Irving is important this season, since that is an area that we need to improve on the most.

The east seems to be unbalanced now, the top 6 of the conferance is very strong while everyone else are ordinary at best. The contenders of this season: Lakers, Miami, Boston and Orlando. Potentially worst team this season: Toronto, Minnesota (Beasley's a pot head),Cleveland.

Last edited by Dhruvo; September 26, 2010 at 10:31 PM..
Old September 28, 2010, 12:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

The Three Kings were in the University of Miami today for the Miami Heat Media day. I saw them from a good distance away, and I got goosebumps thinking of the season ahead.
Old September 28, 2010, 12:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Naah Dhrubo! Miami will go to the finals. No amount of Shaq, Garnett combo, or Magic or Hawks has any number on them.

Miami over Lakers. Miami manages to win 69 games in the regular season. Ego? It is called confidence and working towards one goal, starting with a pay cut.
Old October 1, 2010, 09:09 PM
Cricket Legend

I know its old, but its still kinda funny.
Old October 10, 2010, 06:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Watching the preseason game between the raps and boston. Rondo's jump-shot improved a lot.
Old October 10, 2010, 07:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Naah Dhrubo! Miami will go to the finals. No amount of Shaq, Garnett combo, or Magic or Hawks has any number on them.

Miami over Lakers. Miami manages to win 69 games in the regular season. Ego? It is called confidence and working towards one goal, starting with a pay cut.
Well its possible, but I don't think that Miami winning it all is guaranteed. People seem to always underrated Boston during the playoffs due to their age, well I think Boston is the biggest threat for Miami. Rondo is much better than chalmers and although wade is better than allen, allan is still decent enough to make those big shots and play alright defense; Lebron is much better than Peirce but Peirce is a better shooter; Bosh is better than Garnett however Garnett plays the game with more intensity and hustle; Shaq, Perkins and Davis are much better than miami's other bigs and their bench is stronger too. I'd say Miami will go to the finals after a very hard fought battle between them and the celts. Miami and the Lakers in the finals, I think it can go either way.
Old October 11, 2010, 05:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Knicks made some nice moves and I also really disagreed with the Gallo and Randolph for Melo. It would be amazing to have Melo but not for Gallo and Randolph. The Knicks will probably be the 7/8 seed in the East and should be a runnin and gunnin team this year. I'll be happy if D'Antoni can run this team even a fourth of what the Suns were 3-4 years ago. And the Heat will do well this year. I think anything less than a 65 win season for the Heat should be a disappointment. And the Lakers might just make it a 3peat. It'll be an interesting season.
Old October 26, 2010, 07:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Miami getting pounded by Boston. Their offense is looking horrible right now.
Old October 26, 2010, 09:27 PM
Cricket Legend

The KING came alive but no roar from Co. Hope they work on their syncing with each other. And I REALLY HATE Paul Pierce. Just sayin'.
Well Knicks and Raptors tomorrow. I just wanna see Amare do something amazing.
Old October 27, 2010, 09:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Knicks take the first game. 1-0. Ha. Who woulda thought? Amare had a rough game but it was great to see Chandler play how he did. I really, really hate this Barghiani dude. Whenever he plays the Knicks, he just turns into some special beast mode or something.
Old October 28, 2010, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Expected the defeat. People keep on beating up Jose Calderon but I think he played alright in the opener. Impressed with derozan's ability to draw fouls but he needs become stronger in order to get and ones more frequently. Trading Turkoglu for Barbosa was a brilliant move by Colangelo, he seems like a great addition. Kleiza IMO is an upgrade from Turkadoodoo. I think he'll do well. Weems didn't look too good. Loved Reggie Evans' game; he grabbed 16 boards! In the end I think we lost the game because of Jay Triano. He barely made plays for bargnani in the 2nd half and went with Kleiza and Barbosa instead. This is gonna be a loooong season for Raptors fans so 1st pick of the 2010-2011 season here we come!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
Knicks take the first game. 1-0. Ha. Who woulda thought? Amare had a rough game but it was great to see Chandler play how he did. I really, really hate this Barghiani dude. Whenever he plays the Knicks, he just turns into some special beast mode or something.
Lol, Bargnani is a very good scorer but he's also very inconsistent. After scoring 18 points in the first half you would've thought he's go on to score 30+ point but he ended up with 22. All he needs to do is add a few more post moves and improve his rebounding and he'll become a player teams would die for.
Old October 28, 2010, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Hawks played well. Its amazing to see them actually have an offense to run and no more of that iso Joe. Larry Drew can hopefully inspire the guys on the road, something that Woody could never do. Disappointed to see all the jump shots from Josh Smith though, I thought he would have learned by now that he is unstoppable in the paint. Bibby was hot last night, but I still think Teague needs to be starting. Bibby's legs can't keep up with the quicker guards in the league, so Teague will need to step up and contribute. Joe had a rough shooting game but still managed to get to the line and put up 22 points. That's always a good sign. And finally, what a game for Zaza! He hasn't quite lived up to the billing since his altercation with KG back in the playoffs a few years ago, but he sure showed up last night. If we can get some consistency from Zaza off the bench, I see no reason for us not to get homecourt in the 1st round.
Old November 6, 2010, 10:20 AM
Cricket Legend

2 in a row for the Knicks. Gallo's heatin up. TD is showin his mettle. LETS GO KNICKS!
Old November 6, 2010, 11:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Celts are looking pretty good. Even I was thinking they'd be finished. Ainge should learn something from Belichick and trade in one of the big three while they still have some value. Bringing Shaq in is not a solid way to get younger, faster...
Old November 6, 2010, 08:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Hawks haven't really played anybody yet, but 6-0 is still 6-0. Beat the teams we are supposed to beat, win a majority of the games against the teams we are evenly matched up with, and steal a few from the teams we aren"t supposed to beat and we'll have a good season.
Old November 6, 2010, 10:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Dougie taught him how to Dougie the other night at the Garden

We got an Early game tomorrow, I guess the Asbestos helped us got a little more practice in & got a few players healthy

Last edited by cricman; November 6, 2010 at 10:11 PM..
Old November 24, 2010, 09:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Knicks with 5 straight W's. Stoudemire's defense saved us tonight.
Old November 25, 2010, 08:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
Knicks with 5 straight W's. Stoudemire's defense saved us tonight.
I hope you guys make the playoffs, Knicks need a solid pass-first point guard.

Raps are really over achieving, but I hope we don't keep this up for too long lol. I want us to get a top 3 pick this season.
Old December 6, 2010, 09:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I am originally a heat fan, although Havn't followed the NBA so much after moving from Florida to CT 6 years ago.

I went to an NBA game for the first time in my life last friday(Celtics vs. Bulls). the Celtics look AWESOME! they look solid to win the NBA title this year. they have everything: Team Chemistry, Talent,points in the paint(Shaq), 3-point shooters, people who assist really well(Rondo).

If they can keep up this momentum, they can beat any team in the NBA, anytime anywhere...

never thought i would see Shaquille- O'neal live subhanAllah!

Miami Heat probably needs a new coach!
Old December 6, 2010, 09:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

one of the best part of the trip to boston was the guy outside the TD arena playing drums and singing "put the money in the pocket" he is pretty good....it was just soo funny. next time i go i will record him and upload him.

maybe BC members here who has been to TD arena to watch Celtics game can verify.
Old December 6, 2010, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Miami Heat probably needs a new coach!
I don't think its the coach. The players want to chill, just ask chris bosh.
Old December 7, 2010, 05:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Well the Knicks sure have been lighting it up. 10 W's out of last 11 games. STAT's just killing it out there.
Old December 12, 2010, 07:42 PM
Cricket Legend

8 straight for my Knicks. STAT with 8 straight 30 point games. THIS IS AMAZING .