facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 13, 2010, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Saving Endangered Tigers

Bangladesh Acts to Save Endangered Tigers

Nov 24, 2010 /EIN Presswire/ - Bangladesh has enacted a law that punishes the deliberate killing of tigers and other endangered animals with jail terms of up to 12 years.

A recent cabinet meeting led by Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina also decided to give compensation to families of victims killed or injured by wild forest animals.

At least 80 people and around 15 tigers have been killed in the last five years in Bangladesh as humans increasingly encroach on forest habitats, leading to conflicts with wildlife. The Bangladeshi government hopes that the new laws will help protect both people and endangered species from harm.

The minimum jail term will be two years for killing pythons and crocodiles and a maximum of 12 years for killing tigers and elephants.

.................................................. ..............................................

I personaly think this is a good move by the old lady. Finaly did something right. We keep calling ourself tigers but once the tigers runs out we will be known as the tiger killers -_- ...

Old December 13, 2010, 12:17 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

good thread godzilla vai..We need to save our tigers..or else someday in the future there can be no Bengal tiger available in the Bengal itself..which will be a gigantic loss for our environment and for us..Tigers are majestic creatures of the wild..and i am proud that we have them in our country
Old December 13, 2010, 12:18 PM

Yes, they'll punish the poachers. But what of the fat cat forest officials and logging businessmen who are decimating sundarbans, madhupur forest, CHT and Sylhet division forests. The Sundarbans are notorious for 'dacoits' who kidnap and extort money from fishermen and villagers, while making a fortune from felling the trees for sale to the rest of Bangladesh! Remember the forest official 'bon raja' whose house was raided and wads of cash was stuffed in his pillows and mattresses?

Habitat loss is a greater threat than just poaching alone.
Old December 13, 2010, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Yes, they'll punish the poachers. But what of the fat cat forest officials and logging businessmen who are decimating sundarbans, madhupur forest, CHT and Sylhet division forests. The Sundarbans are notorious for 'dacoits' who kidnap and extort money from fishermen and villagers, while making a fortune from felling the trees for sale to the rest of Bangladesh! Remember the forest official 'bon raja' whose house was raided and wads of cash was stuffed in his pillows and mattresses?

Habitat loss is a greater threat than just poaching alone.
What can we do, the country is run by illiterates. They fail to understand that if one species goes boom the rest will follow. Cutting down one plant may seem like nothing to some but infact 100's of lifes inhabit one small plant. The problem for habitat loss is mostly primarly has to be for the money from woods and the second reason is the over population and need for space (not sure if I am saying the right thing but don't they teach the importance of contraception over there even though any subject relating to sex is like a taboo there?).
Old December 13, 2010, 01:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
over population and need for space (not sure if I am saying the right thing but don't they teach the importance of contraception over there even though any subject relating to sex is like a taboo there?).
Yeh this issue needs to definitely be sorted out. Contraception needs to be more much more widespread and encouraged much more.
Old December 14, 2010, 07:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Yeh this issue needs to definitely be sorted out. Contraception needs to be more much more widespread and encouraged much more.
Don't they have like condom billboards in Dhaka? I'm pretty sure i saw one :S

Anyway Good thread I love tigers, and we must do all we can to keep these beautiful creatures

If only I could have one as a pet
Old December 15, 2010, 12:14 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

^having tigers as pets is forbidden by law!...and im sure it wouldn't have been good for ur health or ur life!
Old December 15, 2010, 12:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
Don't they have like condom billboards in Dhaka? I'm pretty sure i saw one :S

Anyway Good thread I love tigers, and we must do all we can to keep these beautiful creatures

If only I could have one as a pet
Well, I've seen a few double decker public buses with advertisement on their whole freakin bodies on awareness about AIDS & condom with pictures.
Heh heh kothakar pani kothay goray. Bagh to condom :P
Old December 15, 2010, 12:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Doesn't have to be disparate Habib...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 15, 2010, 12:50 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

^^...manus pareo..

anyway guys lets get back to the topic which is no laughing matter
Old December 15, 2010, 01:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

LOL@Zee vai.
Old December 15, 2010, 06:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Doesn't have to be disparate Habib...

Haha ... gavve me a very good laugh ...

wow the thread was about saving tigers and from tigers it went to tiger condom ... whats next lol
Old December 15, 2010, 10:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

A much needed law for the protection of wildlife and the close to be wiped out, endangered Tigers in Bangladesh and the Sunderban! Although very linient and soft punishment for the magnitude of the damage and crime, but we always have to start somewhere and here we are. It is a very important measure and I am glad we are taking it.