facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 28, 2006, 01:33 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

rafiq vai, the difference between kapali's innings and nafees/bashar/Jo innings is that the rest group goes past 20 every once in a while. kapali never does. moreover, they proved their inclusion before coming into the team. kapali did not.

Old February 28, 2006, 01:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: khaleda zia

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
rafiq vai, the difference between kapali's innings and nafees/bashar/Jo innings is that the rest group goes past 20 every once in a while. kapali never does. moreover, they proved their inclusion before coming into the team. kapali did not.
rightly said! alok needs to prove himself bigtime!
Old February 28, 2006, 01:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
I would rather declare now.... they are useless as batsman any way.... why wasting optimum pitch condition for few more runs?

Declare and create a record ... and rip the Sri Lanka batting order within 1st hour of the 2nd day.:P

তোমার মুখে ফুলচন্দন পড়ুক!
Old February 28, 2006, 01:55 PM
Test Cricketer

kapali is one of the most gifted players in BD.

he is destined to have a future in bd cricket just like ash.

Edited on, February 28, 2006, 6:56 PM GMT, by dash.
Old February 28, 2006, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
I would rather declare now.... they are useless as batsman any way.... why wasting optimum pitch condition for few more runs?

Declare and create a record ... and rip the Sri Lanka batting order within 1st hour of the 2nd day.:P
I don't agree with the first part of your post.

No batsman is useless in test, even if they cannot score runs they can just stay at the crease and kill time which is one of the major factors in deciding the fate of the match. You need lot of temperment to show that quality in you to occupy the crease which our batsmen lack in. I would rather BD scored 240 for 6 yesterday then 319/9. Scoring slowly in the first match definitely gives teams like BD a moral victory and then, if possible, capitalize on it.

I liked your 2nd part, but I'm afraid it's only going to remain as a wishful thinking.
Old February 28, 2006, 02:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by betaar
I don't agree with the first part of your post.
I liked your 2nd part, but I'm afraid it's only going to remain as a wishful thinking.
and I thought there is only one part in my post. Looks like there is a hole in my post.....
Old February 28, 2006, 02:22 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

Dont worry..Shahadat Hossain can smack the ball.. so..we would probably be seeing some tuns comming up...
Old February 28, 2006, 04:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

rajib on 11...its his higest score.

i hope enam gives him the strike...

they should let all bad balls go, and try to smack the good ones for boundaries.
Old February 28, 2006, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by al Furqaan
they should let all bad balls go, and try to smack the good ones for boundaries.
furqaan vai, why work hard trying to send the good balls to boundary when you can do that much easily with the bad ones?
Old February 28, 2006, 04:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Quote:
furqaan vai, why work hard trying to send the good balls to boundary when you can do that much easily with the bad ones?
al Furqaan knows the secret code of Bangladeshi batsman. try to hit the good balls and let go the bad balls
Old February 28, 2006, 05:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by betaar
I would love to see our tail-enders bat as long as they can without focusing too much on the score card.

The reason-- crease occupation is more important for a team like Bangladesh then scoring quick fire 30-35 runs as we don’t have a bowling attack to support.

Taking advantage of the early moisture could’ve been a good idea on the first day, but I highly doubt how much moisture is left on the 2nd day. We don’t have a good pace attack, so it is not going to be easy taking wickets. So tail-enders should hang in there as long as they can so SL doesn’t get to bat more then 70-75 overs and score more then 210-230 tonight. We need to make SL fight for the win and delay the inevitable in the process.

GODDDDDDDDDDDDD, I am such a pessimist!!!!
i agree with you, instead of trying the slog our way to 350 or 360, we should stay on the crease for as long as we can. grind our way to 350 or even 400 if possible. then start taking some wickets.
Old February 28, 2006, 09:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Quote:
lol, yes, fazal bhai had a classic joke.

what i meant was the good ball from the batsman's perspective (the bowler's bad ball).

Old February 28, 2006, 09:17 PM

yeah, of course. we understand that, and I was just joking.

conventionally, good balls are called those balls that has good lines and lengths. bad ones are the opposite.
Old February 28, 2006, 09:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

our best chance in this test is to grab a couple of early wickets and keep attacking. srilanka has two new openers and they have also not been among the runs recently. so a lot rests on shahadat and rasel's new ball spell.

srilanka's strength lies in the middle order trio of sangakkara, jayawardena and dilshan. with the flat nature of the pitch and our inexperienced bowling attack, there is a real risk of one of them putting up a huge score.and then comes samaraweera, our nemesis in the last tour.
bashar HAS TO attack at every chance. setting up defensive fields and hoping for the Srilankans to get themselves out wont get us anywhere in this flatbed.when rafiq and enam start leaking runs he should try out kapali and ashraful. shahadat has to bowl with raw pace and be used in short bursts. all in all a tall order...but with a little luck, smart strategies and safe catching things just might get interesting...
Old February 28, 2006, 10:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by roaring tigerz
our best chance in this test is to grab a couple of early wickets and keep attacking. srilanka has two new openers and they have also not been among the runs recently. so a lot rests on shahadat and rasel's new ball spell.

srilanka's strength lies in the middle order trio of sangakkara, jayawardena and dilshan. with the flat nature of the pitch and our inexperienced bowling attack, there is a real risk of one of them putting up a huge score.and then comes samaraweera, our nemesis in the last tour.
bashar HAS TO attack at every chance. setting up defensive fields and hoping for the Srilankans to get themselves out wont get us anywhere in this flatbed.when rafiq and enam start leaking runs he should try out kapali and ashraful. shahadat has to bowl with raw pace and be used in short bursts. all in all a tall order...but with a little luck, smart strategies and safe catching things just might get interesting...
Basher said in prothom alo that he will try to keep the run rate down. Defensive posture right there.
Old February 28, 2006, 10:05 PM
Cricket Legend

It's less than what was hoped for, and more than what was feared.

The Tigers are going to have about 320, maybe 340 and in wild dreams 350 runs.

There were a couple of good partnerships, and Ash delivered on his promise as the finest young batsman in world cricket. 320 is less than you'd like, but it isnt a distaster.

Day 2 will be down to tight, accurate bowling ... by everyone except Shahadat. His job is to blast them out.

Right now, Bangladesh are in the game. Bad bowling and they fall out of it, good bowling and they stay there. Four more days, but treat it like it's a ball at a time.

Ian Whitchurch
Old February 28, 2006, 10:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Alok supporters were arguing so much abt he wrongly getting out. How about Aftab? He also get wrongly out in 3rd one dayer. And in any day i would chose Aftab over Kapali. Talentwise I think both of them are in the same league. In terms of temparement Aftab is far ahead. Come on guys he had shown both in batting and Bowling that he had it. Aftab won MOM for both batting and Bowling in two separate matches. Regarding test caliber. Aftab can be an effective third seamer which we lack. Do we lack spinner. Rafiq and Enamul is good enough bowler. Ye Alok has a test hattrick. So have 32 other bowlers. This list includes so many bowlers who are not luminaries P Patheric. So what was the logic of playing him. Play 3 spinners. Why not use Ashraful even Bashar?
Old February 28, 2006, 10:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by thebest
Alok supporters were arguing so much abt he wrongly getting out. How about Aftab? He also get wrongly out in 3rd one dayer. And in any day i would chose Aftab over Kapali. Talentwise I think both of them are in the same league. In terms of temparement Aftab is far ahead. Come on guys he had shown both in batting and Bowling that he had it. Aftab won MOM for both batting and Bowling in two separate matches. Regarding test caliber. Aftab can be an effective third seamer which we lack. Do we lack spinner. Rafiq and Enamul is good enough bowler. Ye Alok has a test hattrick. So have 32 other bowlers. This list includes so many bowlers who are not luminaries P Patheric. So what was the logic of playing him. Play 3 spinners. Why not use Ashraful even Bashar?
Looks like the 3rd spinner idea backfired. They need a 3rd pacer badly in this pitch.

I guess Bashar may have to bowl himself. He said on NTV that he may have to.

How sad.