facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 13, 2007, 07:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default a bit dissappointed...

i love the new BC news reports on the home page, but i am disappointed in its content.

it seems bashar is being too cocky by beating NZ...talk about a curse!

first he "threatens" India and Sri Lanka, now he's saying that whatmore has brought "winning ways" to BD.

i just hope our other players are not thinking this way. we are not good enough to issue threats to other test nations. and whatmore, however good, hasn't gotten us a winning habit; its the ICC and their de facto n-tier system.

SN - i know he has his mind in the right place
TI - irrelevant he will do what he will
Aftab - same as TI
ash- i don't worry about him being 2 confident cuz either he will smash or be smashed
saqib - hope he isn't being bitten by the bashar bug
mushy - same as saqib
mash - dont worry
rafiq - don't worry
rasel - same as saqib
razzak - same as saqib

#OneTeam1Dream

Old March 13, 2007, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

well i think most of it is the media's fault. if you look at bashar's quotes in various reports, they look pretty harmless. he doesn't seem to be threatening anyone and neither does he sound cocky. most of what he says revolves around his own team, and not others.

however, the authors seem to add flavour to his comments by writing stuff like "bashar threatens india and sri lanka", etc etc. the cocky stuff's a product of the media, not bashar himself.
Old March 13, 2007, 08:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Every media does it. CricInfo is one of them (no, I'm not trying to bash them...they're just like all others).

However, what Bashar says actually make sense to me. Bangladesh has gone to this WC with a more winning attitude than any of the previous ones. And in that way, they're all trying to make use of that spirit. I don't see anything wrong with it. Plus, winning isn't the only thing (as Protic rightly pointed out today). It's how they play...that's what matters. Every match in this ICC will have a result (except for washouts). Even if we loose to both India and Sri Lanka, but with a tight fight, it's still the kind of wins we've never seen before. Yes going to the 2nd round is important...but I'll stick to "good show" rather than a "killer show".
Old March 13, 2007, 08:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Every media does it. CricInfo is one of them (no, I'm not trying to bash them...they're just like all others).

However, what Bashar says actually make sense to me. Bangladesh has gone to this WC with a more winning attitude than any of the previous ones. And in that way, they're all trying to make use of that spirit. I don't see anything wrong with it. Plus, winning isn't the only thing (as Protic rightly pointed out today). It's how they play...that's what matters. Every match in this ICC will have a result (except for washouts). Even if we loose to both India and Sri Lanka, but with a tight fight, it's still the kind of wins we've never seen before. Yes going to the 2nd round is important...but I'll stick to "good show" rather than a "killer show".
As a tiger fan, I will stick to the killer show.
Old March 13, 2007, 09:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh team's attitude has changed dramatically since the last world cup alright, but I think that has to do more with inclusions of youngsters like SN, Aftab, Sakib, Mushfiq - i.e. the McInnes' Boys in the team, than to do with DW's presence in the country. DW's inspirational stuff obviously did not benefit players such as Hannan, Alok, or Tushar (who, according to cricket pundits who have seen them, are class players) and I doubt it makes a big difference how SN, Aftab, or Mashrafe approaches the game nowadays.

He is a good training manager, I give him that, far better than national team coaches we had before. Other good thing about him is that people respect him a lot (he does have a great personality), and that has helped reduce outside influences in the team selection.

Last edited by TheWatcher; March 13, 2007 at 09:18 PM..
Old March 13, 2007, 09:22 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Its called creating pressure. If India is worried, they may choke.

Also it boosts the team confidence for Bangladesh.
Old March 13, 2007, 09:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

I don't think Bashar said about getting the big boys to really threaten them or show any undue pompous attitude for beating NZ, I believe he said that because it has become a trend now to sound positive and challenging irrespective of whatever big the opponent is! The teams ranked low in the list adopt the strategy to vindicate their inclusion in the big tournament. Zimbabwe (Utseya) also mentioned about targeting WI and Pakistan, I will say Bashar's comment about the upset wins against India-Lanka coming hot on the heels of beating NZ, a potential contender of the cup, has more grounds! The teams at the top (specially Aus) spare no chance to bring out the issue of how useless and unproductive it is to play Zim-BD or other minnows! Bangladesh do have a chance if not the precise potential strength to beat those teams if everything goes BD way, the same team of NZ that succeeded in chasing 340+ against the mighty Aussies crumbled and had to work hard to pass 200 against the Bangladeshis!!
Zaheed
Old March 14, 2007, 04:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I think Bangladesh team is playing a mind game. This is totally logical. For years bangladesh team were not in a position to do such a thing. But now I think they are much more aggressive. They are trying to create pressure. In fact, we have nothing much to loose. Statistically this is normal to get defeated by India or Srilanka. So if that happens it will not be much disaster. But for India or Srilanka getting beaten by BD means too much. Even a chance of getting beaten by BD will create extra pressure on them. BD team management is trying to take that opportunity. And I totally agree with their positve attitude.