facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 1, 2016, 12:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

Bangladesh Bowling is now of world class quality. We will miss Mustafiz, true, but it won't have bad impact on our performance. Everyone is talking about how Rony will do, is Taskin a good death over bowler, Al-Amin's strike rate....but everyone is forgetting the important role Mash is playing. I'm talking about the bowler Mash not Captain Mash. He knows that he ain't the main strike bowler of the team anymore, he is the support bowler aka third seamer. Look at his bowling last few matches. Whenever the Strike bowlers are creating pressure but unfortunately not taking wickets, he is giving the breakthroughs, and when the strike bowlers are striking he is keeping up with tight bowling giving exactly the support strikers need. None can play this role better than Mashrafe at this moment. He is giving the service in the shadows of Taskins and Mustafizs and I'm sure he will use Rony exactly the way he is supposed to. One thing I noticed, while we were playing on the green pitch, Mash was bowling a little bit faster than his usual self around 133/134kph once touching 137kph. But when the pitch turned out to be a brown shaved track, he slowed down his pace to 125/126kph, slowing down his pace on an even slower pitch. Mash was giving no pace to the batsman to play with on a flat track. It's wonderful to see the way how he thinks and utilizes himself exactly the way the team needs him. Anyway I don't think we'll be too much effected by Mustafiz's injury, Tamims inclusion is like a bonus....icing on top of the cake...Go Tigers!!

Old March 1, 2016, 12:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: me

Should be easy win for PAK

PAK vs IND is what i am waiting for so Big teams can fight out with IND going over as usual

Go on PAK!!!
Old March 1, 2016, 01:04 PM
Test Cricketer

We beat them convincingly last year, but we had Mustafiz and they didn't have Amir.

I think Pak is the fave here but only slightly.

The two decisions that need to be made:

Tamim
Soumya
Sabbir
Mushfiq
Shakib
Mahmudullah
Nurul/Nasir
Mashrafe
Abu/Sunny
Al-Amin
Taskin
Old March 1, 2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezwansyed
Bangladesh Bowling is now of world class quality. We will miss Mustafiz, true, but it won't have bad impact on our performance. Everyone is talking about how Rony will do, is Taskin a good death over bowler, Al-Amin's strike rate....but everyone is forgetting the important role Mash is playing. I'm talking about the bowler Mash not Captain Mash. He knows that he ain't the main strike bowler of the team anymore, he is the support bowler aka third seamer. Look at his bowling last few matches. Whenever the Strike bowlers are creating pressure but unfortunately not taking wickets, he is giving the breakthroughs, and when the strike bowlers are striking he is keeping up with tight bowling giving exactly the support strikers need. None can play this role better than Mashrafe at this moment. He is giving the service in the shadows of Taskins and Mustafizs and I'm sure he will use Rony exactly the way he is supposed to. One thing I noticed, while we were playing on the green pitch, Mash was bowling a little bit faster than his usual self around 133/134kph once touching 137kph. But when the pitch turned out to be a brown shaved track, he slowed down his pace to 125/126kph, slowing down his pace on an even slower pitch. Mash was giving no pace to the batsman to play with on a flat track. It's wonderful to see the way how he thinks and utilizes himself exactly the way the team needs him. Anyway I don't think we'll be too much effected by Mustafiz's injury, Tamims inclusion is like a bonus....icing on top of the cake...Go Tigers!!
This.

If Pakistan can overcome Mash, it's their game to win! BUT I think otherwise.
Old March 1, 2016, 01:22 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezwansyed
Point noted. And well put!
Old March 1, 2016, 01:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Advantage for Tamim as he had AMir in his team in bPL and in PSL he had Rehab in his team, so he saw them closely.

Overall if we play smart cricket we can beat them, just like we did to Srilanka.
Our confidence level is higher than Pak.
Old March 1, 2016, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Advantage for Tamim as he had AMir in his team in bPL and in PSL he had Rehab in his team, so he saw them closely.

Overall if we play smart cricket we can beat them, just like we did to Srilanka.
Our confidence level is higher than Pak.
Advantage for Tamim -- Don't always count on it. I have seen our team sometimes plays without brain.

Our confidence level is higher than Pak -- Thats is true, I think we should win it at the end.
Old March 1, 2016, 01:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Keep Nurul, his keeping skills alone should save a couple of runs and/or catch which in turn could prove to be the difference...why are we willing to drop players only after a couple of chances only. Give Nurul a couple more chances, please.

Only change for me is Tamim in, Mithun Out and then
Nasir in, Mustafizur Out...

We should prepare a spinner's paradise/flat deck to try and neutralize amir as much as possible. and Use Nasir Hossain's bowling abilities.

Not feeling so confident about Abu Hider Rony in such a crunch game...I am more than willing to eat humble pie and put on a couple of pounds if Rony comes in and performs well.
Old March 1, 2016, 01:51 PM

Tamim
Sarker
Sabbir
Mushy
Shakib
Mullah
Nurul
Mash
Al-Amin
Taskin
Haider

^^^ it's a tough team to beat for Pakistan.
Old March 1, 2016, 01:54 PM
BC Editorial Team

I hope TIK doesn't try to use up balls to play himself in. As is, his dot ball percentage is very high and he counts on boundaries to make up his strikerate.
Old March 1, 2016, 02:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Keep Nurul, his keeping skills alone should save a couple of runs and/or catch which in turn could prove to be the difference...why are we willing to drop players only after a couple of chances only. Give Nurul a couple more chances, please.

Only change for me is Tamim in, Mithun Out and then
Nasir in, Mustafizur Out...

We should prepare a spinner's paradise/flat deck to try and neutralize amir as much as possible. and Use Nasir Hossain's bowling abilities.

Not feeling so confident about Abu Hider Rony in such a crunch game...I am more than willing to eat humble pie and put on a couple of pounds if Rony comes in and performs well.
TBH, making more than two changes from one game to the next is never a good idea and won't happen. Tamim in is one change, Mustafiz replacement is the other. So yeah, Nurul should and will keep his place.

Whether Arafat, Nasir, or Rony replaces Mustafiz we'll find out.
Old March 1, 2016, 02:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

I'd like to see Nasir as the replacement of Mustafiz...The pitch won't be green anymore, so Nasir will be effective on a slow pitch. Also Nasir will strengthen our fragile batting line-up.
Old March 1, 2016, 02:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
I hope TIK doesn't try to use up balls to play himself in. As is, his dot ball percentage is very high and he counts on boundaries to make up his strikerate.
I wont mind if those dot balls are against Amir upfront. We need to play out his first 2 overs.
Old March 1, 2016, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKohli

PAK vs IND is what i am waiting for so Big teams can fight out with IND going over as usual

Go on PAK!!!
Bangladesh cricket team. Bringing indians and pakistanis together since 2015.
Old March 1, 2016, 02:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Bowl out Amir and we are in the final ->
Make a pitch as flat as Mayor Hanif flyover
Old March 1, 2016, 02:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Bangladesh cricket team. Bringing indians and pakistanis together since 2015.
May be but i strongly feel

BD's Bowling isn't as good as pak at this moment.. With that mustafizur gone i don't think anyone can trouble that much..

Although pak's batting isn't that good even if one of them stands they can take pak over the line
Old March 1, 2016, 03:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

^ Dude you must have missed the BPL matches.
Old March 1, 2016, 03:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Although pak's batting isn't that good even if one of them stands they can take pak over the line
It's true for both teams. Scratch that- all teams. It's just T20 after all. More often than not, one batsman does the job.
Old March 1, 2016, 03:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

What's with the negative mindset about Amir ?
Yes we have to be cautious but no need to be defensive, just play smart and if he bowls in wrng lines punish him so that we wont let him dominate us
Old March 1, 2016, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
May be but i strongly feel

BD's Bowling isn't as good as pak at this moment.. With that mustafizur gone i don't think anyone can trouble that much..

I am not gonna debate with an Indian how sh!t pakistan is. That is like telling your mom stories about your maternal uncle's childhood.
Just pray that Pakistan wins tomorrow. Because if we make it to the final, oh boy! we will come harder at you than this Pakistan team can even dream of. Luck wont help Rohit everyday.
Old March 1, 2016, 03:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Nasir and esp Arafat got tonked in the last T20 vs Pak:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/858491.html
Old March 1, 2016, 03:44 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Quote:

Go on PAK!!!
I do not understand these "high tech" INDIANs, they do not want to allow Pakistan to play in their country, they always blame Pakistan for every terrorist incidents in their country, but still do not forget to lick Pakistani a$$ when playing against Bangladesh.
Old March 1, 2016, 03:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Easily the worst fanbase of any team in any sport
Old March 1, 2016, 04:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Lol so much caution against Amir, watch it be some other bowler that wrecks us if they do. Has happened in the past where we're cautious/nervous about the opponent's top bowler before the match (we end up spanking him, or playing with ease) but its a random one that blows us away
Old March 1, 2016, 04:38 PM
Cricket Legend

^^ You guys need to stop generalizing about all fans of a particular country.

On topic, why is everyone so keen on seeing Nasir in place of Mustafiz? Dew might come into play and the spinners will get tonked all over the park.

The only way Nasir's inclusion would make sense would be if he were to replace Nurul. I don't know if the team management is willing to make three changes to the side that played the last three games: Tamim for Mithun, Nasir for Nurul, and Abu Haider for Mustafiz. Mithun and Nurul have both been failures (notwithstanding Mithun's exceptionally streaky 47 vs. UAE). Perhaps three changes are necessary, although it's important to give newcomers an extended run to prove themselves.