facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 10, 2004, 11:06 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Default Mushfiqur Rahman

Did anyone actually noticed how many he has around his neck? look like a great locket to me. In Zim, he had a hattrick duck including test and odi. His bowling is no exceptional either in last few series.

on the other hand, aftab can be a good replace for him at this memoent. as he is in good form with ball and bats at least better than mushfiq.

time for a switch in 2nd test? What u guys think? He deserve more chances? if yes, why?

Old December 10, 2004, 11:36 AM
Cricket Sage

He should be considered only for one day matches. We have better choice than him for test match.

Also after he recently get married, his performance declined. May be he need a break and so that he can spend more time with his wife.

btw is there any validity to the rumor that he is Dav's chamcha?
Old December 10, 2004, 11:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Bye bye Mushfiq. and Thanks.
Old December 10, 2004, 02:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Mushfiq is a no.11 Batsmen and his bowling is average.. surely Aftab is a better choice
Old December 10, 2004, 06:43 PM
Cricket Legend

mushfiq = sujon
Old December 10, 2004, 07:43 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

I don't know about Mushfiq = Sujon because chacha has done more for BD cricket then Mushfiq could even promise (ok, that's kinda funny and that does make Mushfiq look REALLY REALLY BAD).
Old December 10, 2004, 08:33 PM

It's time to give a break Mushfique and Rajin for a while.
Alok and Aftab could be picked up for the next test.
Even though I dont have much faith on them too.
Old December 10, 2004, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal

btw is there any validity to the rumor that he is Dav's chamcha?

Yes, right on. He is always sniffing around Dave. Nobody suck up to the the coach like he does.
Old December 10, 2004, 09:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

I've never rated Mushfiqur and along with Naimur is my only disliked Bangladeshi. He's never impressed me and I have wanted him dropped for a LONG time. Maybe Fahmida can stand up for him?
Old December 10, 2004, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Mushfiqur Rahman

=

A useless piece of sh*t

Old December 10, 2004, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

chacha has indeed done more than mushfique, and yes that makes mushfique really, really useless...i mean thats probably the biggest insult in the world for him...lol
Old December 10, 2004, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

enamul re khelaito...noyto aftab...why mushfique? what's he in the team as? a fielder? then why not get some 1st division guy to do the job? u can pay him less...
Old December 11, 2004, 06:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
enamul re khelaito...noyto aftab...why mushfique? what's he in the team as? a fielder? then why not get some 1st division guy to do the job? u can pay him less...
I know, it's bugging me so much. It's bad enough that the team's morale is really bad right now; and the selectors are not helping the cause by choosing Mushfiq in the playing 11,

Blah
Old December 11, 2004, 06:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Mushfique should limit himself to ODIs...he is not suited for tests.
Old December 11, 2004, 12:33 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Maybe Fahmida can stand up for him?
Yes, I will still stand up for him. Although my reasons behind standing up for Sujon are different for Mushfique, but its nice to see the following quotes under a different topic.

Quote:
chacha has done more for BD cricket

Quote:
chacha has indeed done more than mushfique,
My reasons for backing up Mushfique:

Reason Number 1: Sujon is a veteran and Mushfique is just in his mid-twenties. So you can't expect Mushfique to do all the things that Sujon has done all his career.

Reason Number 2: Today Rana and Rafique came and score some runs at a time when the team needed somebody to save the face of the team, tomorrow Mushfique might come into the picture and do the same thing with the batting.

Reason Number 3: Within the first 5 overs of the day today, I heard tv commentators say that Mashrafee was holding his hamstring, I also saw him holding his spell, after bowling only 2 overs. Yes, Mashrafee did get to bowl more overs after that, and in a much more threatening manner, but we have been hurt by injuries to so many players, lastly Bashar, that I don't want to drop out a player just because we have our quickest bowlers back to the national team - fully fit.

Reason Number 4: And ofcourse, there is his bowling economy rate. We need a containing bowler sometimes, even in test cricket so that if things go out of hand, then somebody like Mushfique can come in and bowl some overs without giving too many runs.

However, having pointed out all those reasons above, I do feel that Mushfique needs to hear your comments (to be more specific, your galigalaj) so that he is under pressure to perform, even though he is certain to be in the 11-member team.
Old December 11, 2004, 01:00 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Reason Number 2: Today Rana and Rafique came and score some runs at a time when the team needed somebody to save the face of the team, tomorrow Mushfique might come into the picture and do the same thing with the batting.
thats what we all hope. unfortunately, it did not happen since the england home tour. possibility of this happing in near future equals his last score.
Quote:
Reason Number 1: Sujon is a veteran and Mushfique is just in his mid-twenties. So you can't expect Mushfique to do all the things that Sujon has done all his career.
well, the comparison at this moment is not between sujon and mushfiq. but between mushfiq and talha or mushfiq or aftab.
i've no problem making sujon=mushfiq though. just because that would mean, mushfiq is going where sujon is now, out of the team.
Quote:
Reason Number 4: And ofcourse, there is his bowling economy rate. We need a containing bowler sometimes, even in test cricket so that if things go out of hand, then somebody like Mushfique can come in and bowl some overs without giving too many runs.
some one said somewhere "X is a better bowler/batsman than his stat says". is mushfiq off that type?

bottom line, i'm waiting to see how good he is in carrying drink in the next test.
Old December 11, 2004, 01:02 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I don't think we need any allrounder. Furthermore we don't have any quality allrounder. Its just a waste to take someone like mushfique. We should just have another genuine batsman. Mushfiq's overs can be shared by part timers.
Old December 11, 2004, 01:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
The fact is, to hold Sujon as a performance mark for mushfique is hilarious enough. In reality they are both equally unimpressive.

Quote:
Tomorrow I might wake up in the morning, leave USA, and play for bangladesh national cricket team for this test match; sounds stupid? So does the above. We are hoping that "eventually" one day Mushfique will score some runs when the teams needs him, thats why he is in the team?
Please, but I think you can do better reasoning than this.

Quote:
Reason Number 3: Within the first 5 overs of the day today, I heard tv commentators say that Mashrafee was holding his hamstring, I also saw him holding his spell, after bowling only 2 overs. Yes, Mashrafee did get to bowl more overs after that, and in a much more threatening manner, but we have been hurt by injuries to so many players, lastly Bashar, that I don't want to drop out a player just because we have our quickest bowlers back to the national team - fully fit.
The only bowlers who bowled in "threatening manner" in this test for BD so far are 'Masri' and 'Rafique'. When ball weezes pass your wicket, and batsmen consistently gets beaten by it, it's threatening.

Quote:
Economy rate? Are you sure you are talkking about the test match, everyone else is watching?

Here is the economy rate for you:

Tapash : 3.9
masri : 3.6
Rafique : 2.3
Rana : 4.7
Mushfique : 4.6

the batting run rate for India is 3.6
In a test match runrate hardly matters, ask anyone, the only thing that matters is wicket.

Mushfique's only wicket:
Mushfiqur Rahman to Karthik, OUT: fuller length delivery wide
outside the off stump, Karthik comes down hard on it and ends up
hitting it straight to Mortaza at gully who holds on to a
difficult chance with ease, Rahman gets one to his name

He got the wicket because of poor batting, not because of better bowling.

I find it hard to believe that anyone can still reason his inclusion in the team.

Blah
Old December 11, 2004, 03:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Drop Mushfique all together - both from ODIs and test, I would say. In ODIs chacha should remain as a choice till BD's tour of India ( in the mean time may be Md. Sharif would prepare himself to replace chacha) and along with Mashrafee and Tapash, Aftab may provide the forth seamer option. In test matches a genuine pace bowler i.e. Talha, Big Shak or Md. Sharif should replace Mushfique.

Bottom line - Mushfique isn't contributing with bat anyway.
Old December 11, 2004, 06:34 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Fwullah,

You used these two quotes out of context:

Quote:
chacha has done more for BD cricket
Quote:
chacha has indeed done more than mushfique

The first one was actually - chacha has done more for BD cricket then Mushfiq NOT the way your edited version reads. makes a huge difference my friend. HUGE. It was also meant as a joke.
The second quote was even harsher. In it's entirity, it read: chacha has indeed done more than mushfique, and yes that makes mushfique really, really useless...i mean thats probably the biggest insult in the world for him...lol (you probably missed the SARCASM there)
Old December 11, 2004, 06:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

So called utility cricketers are no good for BD test team. It is time to change the strategy for selecting test team. It is better to select best 4 bowlers (without considering their batting ability), best 6 batsmen (without considering their bowling or fielding abilities) and Pilot. As we do not have Cairns, Flitoff, Pollock, ... so no place for an allrounder in the team.
Old December 11, 2004, 07:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Mushfiqur= Raster Kukur... we use to call one of our school friend that ! so .....

Edited on, December 12, 2004, 12:23 AM GMT, by akabir77.
Old December 11, 2004, 07:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

Reason number 3: Let me see if I can summarize what you are saying here: Mushfiqe deserves a place in the playing 11 because our team is injury prone. Did I get it right? I don't think that can be a valid reason for keeping someone in the team.

Reason number 4: His econ rate (over all and in this match) is higher than most of the bowlers in the team. So, I don't understand this argument at all.

Should he be dropped? My opinion is, not just yet, but if he continues to decline, sure.