facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 18, 2007, 06:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz
Default Complete the story...

I am going to start off a story.

Someone else should write the next part of the story. ( Min. 5 and Max. 10 Sentences. Keep it short. You can write in English or Benglish. Please be serious. You CAN'T KILL the main guy. )

Another person will then pick up the story where the previous person left off.

So, here goes :

Polash was late for work. He got out off his Building and stepped out onto the busy street. The Traffic was always busy in the morning Rush hour. The old man at the nearby Paper-stand was barking out the Day's Headlines. Some people were reading Newspapers around the stall.

Last edited by zahid; July 19, 2007 at 07:36 AM..

Old July 18, 2007, 06:56 PM

....And they all lived happily ever after. The End.
Old July 18, 2007, 07:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Polash lost his wallet by the pick pocketer and start crying,,oya ..oya..
Old July 18, 2007, 07:45 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

অসহনীয় গরমে ট্রাফিক জ্যামে আটকে পরা বসের গাড়িটি দেখা যাচ্ছে। এই তেজি গরমের চেয়েও আজকের তেজি খবর "হাসিনা গ্রেফতার"। তড়িগড়ি করে বসের পছন্দের ইত্তেফাক পত্রিকাটি কিনে, এমনভাবে রাখল যাতে হাতের দিকে তাকালেই হেডলাইন টা চোখে পড়ে।
স্লামালিকুম সার- কেমন আছেন?
গাড়িতে উঠ, তোমাকে লিফট দিব।

Last edited by Anher; July 19, 2007 at 02:28 PM..
Old July 18, 2007, 08:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

syleti khobis beta polash matho na ka
Old July 19, 2007, 02:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_U

অসহনিয় গরমে ট্রাফিক জ্যামে আটকে পরা বসের গাড়িটি দেখা যাচ্ছে। এই তেজি গরমের চেয়েও আজকের তেজি খবর "হাসিনা গ্রেফতার"। তড়িগড়ি করে বসের পছন্দের ইত্তেফাক পত্রিকাটি কিনে, এমনভাবে রাখল যাতে হাতের দিকে তাকালেই হেডলাইন টা চোখে পড়ে।
স্লামালিকুম সার- কেমন আছেন?
গাড়িতে উঠ, তোমাকে লিফট দিব।
polash didn't want the lift; he was enjoying the view of college girls negotiating richshaw fares. "apu, dhor shalare dhor, lungi chaptaiya dhor, Jaiga moto dhor, maiya hoicho deikha taka beshi chai, shahosh koto" he murmured to himself while biting his lower lip. "Niggga you need a chapstick" yelled the tokai passing by. Polash, ignoring the English speaking sylheti tokai and fearing that he may arrive at work later than his boss, decided to hop in. And oh boy'! was he SURPRISED!!!......
Old July 19, 2007, 03:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
polash didn't want the lift; he was enjoying the view of college girls negotiating richshaw fares. "apu, dhor shalare dhor, lungi chaptaiya dhor, Jaiga moto dhor, maiya hoicho deikha taka beshi chai, shahosh koto" he murmured to himself while biting his lower lip. "Niggga you need a chapstick" yelled the tokai passing by. Polash, ignoring the English speaking sylheti tokai and fearing that he may arrive at work later than his boss, decided to hop in. And oh boy'! was he SURPRISED!!!......
his boss was listening to the radio cricket commentary. Bangladesh was playing test and the their score was 57/8. Polash turned to one side and murmured 'ahammok er dol'. His boss overheard his comment and replied 'eibhabe comment korlei to ar kono labh hobena, amader fan der mentality hote hobe constructive and supportive, tumi banglacricket er naam shunechho polash......?'
polash replied 'ji sir, gesilam ekbar, faltu site... meye nai temon ekta....'
Old July 19, 2007, 03:16 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

grrrr....ialbd you killed my plot

Last edited by Nocturnal; July 19, 2007 at 03:18 AM.. Reason: late post :)
Old July 19, 2007, 06:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
his boss was listening to the radio cricket commentary. Bangladesh was playing test and the their score was 57/8. Polash turned to one side and murmured 'ahammok er dol'. His boss overheard his comment and replied 'eibhabe comment korlei to ar kono labh hobena, amader fan der mentality hote hobe constructive and supportive, tumi banglacricket er naam shunechho polash......?'
"Bhalo korso" commented the boss with a bossy grin, "karon Morjina, amar biyepozokhti mayada Shahriar Nefeesre dhorbar tale sheikane jawa asha shuru korse, tomare bysans dhoira falaile chakrida jaito giya, bujhla? He, he, hoik."

"Ki ze kon saar, afnei to amago abba-amma" Polash blurts out as programmed. Inside, he wonders if AbirLuvverM with the girlie avatar is the one he needs to stop MS-ing.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 19, 2007, 07:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
tumi banglacricket er naam shunechho polash......?'
Old July 19, 2007, 07:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
"Bhalo korso" commented the boss with a bossy grin, "karon Morjina, amar biyepozokhti mayada Shahriar Nefeesre dhorbar tale sheikane jawa asha shuru korse, tomare bysans dhoira falaile chakrida jaito giya, bujhla? He, he, hoik."

"Ki ze kon saar, afnei to amago abba-amma" Polash blurts out as programmed. Inside, he wonders if AbirLuvverM with the girlie avatar is the one he needs to stop MS-ing.
Polash was getting impatient. Etokhkhon to kokhono Traffic jam thakey na shokalbelay. He popped his head out of the window and saw a RAB Checkpoint on the street. One of the RAB members noticed him, who then talked to some of his colleagues at the checkpoint. The group of 5 RAB members advanced towards Polash's boss' car. They surrounded the Car and one of them barked at Polash : " Come out with your hands in the air". As Polash was stepping out of the car, he had a quick glance at the Newspaper in his boss' hands. At the Last page of the newspaper, there was an announcement with his picture :
WANTED. HIGH-PROFILE TERRORIST.
Old July 19, 2007, 10:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahid
Polash was getting impatient. Etokhkhon to kokhono Traffic jam thakey na shokalbelay. He popped his head out of the window and saw a RAB Checkpoint on the street. One of the RAB members noticed him, who then talked to some of his colleagues at the checkpoint. The group of 5 RAB members advanced towards Polash's boss' car. They surrounded the Car and one of them barked at Polash : " Come out with your hands in the air". As Polash was stepping out of the car, he had a quick glance at the Newspaper in his boss' hands. At the Last page of the newspaper, there was an announcement with his picture :
WANTED. HIGH-PROFILE TERRORIST.
"How can the bloody ittefaq make that mistake?" exclaimed Polash with his fobby accent. He sent a picture to ittefaq for the bride and groom classified section and somehow the picture got mixed up with the terrorist's picture. He is now more worried about the prospective bride that will get married to the real terrorist than an incident of "cross-fire" with the RAB. At the same time, polash also thinks of the possiblity of him being framed, "Ittefaq do not run english ads by mistake". As he gets out of the car, with his hand up in the air, he thinks "kon halai eita korte paare?"
Old July 19, 2007, 11:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
syleti khobis beta polash matho na ka
Surprise of the day...I always thought you're non-Bangladeshi!
Old July 19, 2007, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Me too!
Old July 19, 2007, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir

i might be a little too anglicised and atypical of the non-resident bangladeshi, but i was born in dhaka and spent my childhood in the city. living abroad for two third of one's life doesn't sever all connections.

strangely, my biggest regret is not being able to write bengali as i once did. this is something of a shame as i once won a national prize for a children's prose competition in bengali just before leaving the country

i am still very interested in language and the vernacular forms. sylheti being the predominant form of it in uk, i take a keen interest in the dialect. it is very distinct and different from what i grew up with and still speak with my sister and parents over the phone (in the accent and dialect of calcaytian bangladeshis). this is why you might often see me hovering in threads where different dialects have been used in postings!
Old July 19, 2007, 01:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

I had guessed Puck could be bengali, especially after reading his reply to one of the forummers in the alternative ending to the war of Plassey thread. He seemed a bit agitated as the forummer "preassumed" him to be white.
Old July 19, 2007, 02:32 PM
Banned

oi! Don't Go Off-topic.

Last edited by Ehsan; July 19, 2007 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: mod.edit: Do not use excessively large fonts, it violates forum rule A.2.1
Old July 19, 2007, 02:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Geloo Geloo ar ekta thread kanni marlo...yeee vi gaya hai.
Old July 19, 2007, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
"How can the bloody ittefaq make that mistake?" exclaimed Polash with his fobby accent. He sent a picture to ittefaq for the bride and groom classified section and somehow the picture got mixed up with the terrorist's picture. He is now more worried about the prospective bride that will get married to the real terrorist than an incident of "cross-fire" with the RAB. At the same time, polash also thinks of the possiblity of him being framed, "Ittefaq do not run english ads by mistake". As he gets out of the car, with his hand up in the air, he thinks "kon halai eita korte paare?"
Bangaldesh-SL er moddhkar choloman mermere one sided match dekhte dekhte bored hoye esob kolponai chobi aktesilo Banglacricket er regular member Zahid. hothath fonta beje uthai sopno venge gelo r bastob jogote fire elo Zahid. etokkhon esob ki vabtesilo, eta mone kore nije nijei ektu lojjai pelo r mone mone bollo dur, Monalisar jonno vabte vabte mathatai kharap hoye gese! kintu ki korbo, Monalisa ke niye vabte je valo lage. tarpor nije nije bollo nah, r Monalisa na, oi Ittefaq e English Ad diye (with sundor pic) Monalisar dekha pawa muskil. tar theke borong valo vabe lekhapora kori r cricket niye busy thaki. cricket beparta astei mathai ekta idea elo. vablo ai summer e arekta UK get together korte hobe. jei kotha omni kaj. get together niye discuss kora jonno banglacricket editor Miraz ke fon korar jonno cell fonta hate nilo............
Old July 19, 2007, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
Bangaldesh-SL er moddhkar choloman mermere one sided match dekhte dekhte bored hoye esob kolponai chobi aktesilo Banglacricket er regular member Zahid. hothath fonta beje uthai sopno venge gelo r bastob jogote fire elo Zahid. etokkhon esob ki vabtesilo, eta mone kore nije nijei ektu lojjai pelo r mone mone bollo dur, Monalisar jonno vabte vabte mathatai kharap hoye gese! kintu ki korbo, Monalisa ke niye vabte je valo lage. tarpor nije nije bollo nah, r Monalisa na, oi Ittefaq e English Ad diye (with sundor pic) Monalisar dekha pawa muskil. tar theke borong valo vabe lekhapora kori r cricket niye busy thaki. cricket beparta astei mathai ekta idea elo. vablo ai summer e arekta UK get together korte hobe. jei kotha omni kaj. get together niye discuss kora jonno banglacricket editor Miraz ke fon korar jonno cell fonta hate nilo............
Faizlami paisen naki? Vul jaygay vul golpo!

Last edited by zahid; July 19, 2007 at 06:51 PM..
Old July 19, 2007, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Polash was thinking what to do. He had to act fast. Suddenly, he heard gunfire. But, it wasn't fired by the RAB members. The RAB men looked away from Polash towards the direction of the noise. Polash leapt like a Cheetah and knocked the driver off a motorcycle, which was waiting behind them in the Queue. Polash immediately started up the Bike and took a sharp turn into a side-road at full speed.
Old July 19, 2007, 06:55 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
I had guessed Puck could be bengali, especially after reading his reply to one of the forummers in the alternative ending to the war of Plassey thread. He seemed a bit agitated as the forummer "preassumed" him to be white.
I always thought he was the white guy in his photo album. But now my notion has been shaterred, SHATTERED!
Old July 19, 2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahid
Polash was thinking what to do. He had to act fast. Suddenly, he heard gunfire. But, it wasn't fired by the RAB members. The RAB men looked away from Polash towards the direction of the noise. Polash leapt like a Cheetah and knocked the driver off a motorcycle, which was waiting behind them in the Queue. Polash immediately started up the Bike and took a sharp turn into a side-road at full speed.
...except that the 100cc ZhongSheng motorcylce only could do a top speed of 60 km/h, and its fuel tank was empty. He could only go 20 feet forward in the rickshaw jam of dhaka city side-roads, and true to reality, everyone shouted "chor, chor" and got hold of Polash. Then gave him big time gonopitani for stealing the motobike.
Old July 19, 2007, 07:17 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
...except that the 100cc ZhongSheng motorcylce only could do a top speed of 60 km/h, and its fuel tank was empty. He could only go 20 feet forward in the rickshaw jam of dhaka city side-roads, and true to reality, everyone shouted "chor, chor" and got hold of Polash. Then gave him big time gonopitani for stealing the bike.
With bruises and brokens bones all over his body, Polash was admitted to DMC where he would be treated. A police guard was placed nearby because he was a suspected terrorist and motorcycle thief. Lying on the hospital bed in a ghastly looking medical ward, Polash could not believe his misery. He closed his eyes and tears trickled down his cheeks. He fell asleep and started dreaming..
Old July 19, 2007, 09:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
With bruises and brokens bones all over his body, Polash was admitted to DMC where he would be treated. A police guard was placed nearby because he was a suspected terrorist and motorcycle thief. Lying on the hospital bed in a ghastly looking medical ward, Polash could not believe his misery. He closed his eyes and tears trickled down his cheeks. He fell asleep and started dreaming..
...only to be brutally awaken by a piercing scream. Immediately he felt the sharp pain return all over his body, like a large wave carrying the ocean water to the shore. He opened his eyes to complete darkness, and then he heard the scream again, muffled yet loud, coming from towards his right. The scream sounded fiendish, as if some diabolical possession had taken hold of the person. He attempted to look to his right, but the excruciating pain from his shattered collar bone prevented him from doing so. It was then when he realized the mind numbing chill in the air. "This is odd," he thought. "I dont remember the room being that cold." He slightly moved his left arm away from him, and immediately felt a cold metal surface blocking him. He tried the same with his right arm, to the same result.

He heard the wheel of a gurney creaking like a subservient creature from towards his left. It heralded the arrival of another corpse in the morgue...