facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 25, 2007, 06:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

There you go!! Thats what we didnt try!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
bdnews24.com reported that new BCB president is gonna be an army man. Unfortunately it seems that we are following the same pattern as Pakistan.

source
http://bdnews24.com/home.php
Old July 25, 2007, 06:45 PM
Cricket Legend

It's understandable Armymen would come in more numbers in different capacities. BTW what is the background of Mr. Sinha on administration side? What are his strengths & Weaknesses in managing such a demanding role?
Old July 25, 2007, 06:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

You deserve to open this thread WarWolf. Ash & Co need training like the picture below.

Piture courtesy of Bangladesh Army Website
Old July 25, 2007, 08:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I think Pakistan should follow our model.
Old July 25, 2007, 10:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

Good They will severely punish our Bd Players for not performing well. This should Give a lesson for The BD player to become disciplined.
Old July 25, 2007, 10:26 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
GOC Major General Sina Ibn Jamil also donated Tk 50,000 for the development of Empupara area.
Is he the new BCB President. Seems very generous to me.

Source
Old July 25, 2007, 11:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

to be honest, a military no nonsense approach will be fine, given that the guy doesn't approach BCB wrong.

managerial skills come not with books or even brains. it requires a basic knowledge of how the system works and how to get ppl to do what needs to be done.

a janitor could theoretically lead a fortune 500 company...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 26, 2007, 01:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

Are we going Zimbo; all of a sudden? Seems like it. We have no coach. No management. No professional CEO. More akin to the troubles of Zimbo Cricket board. We have no patience.
Old July 26, 2007, 01:35 AM
Cricket Legend

I think it may be not a good decision, anyhow wait and see what to happen.
Old July 26, 2007, 01:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

This is one of the saddest news for BD cricket. Army is likely to capture the power and it's shameful to the whole nation that they are appointing another army person as the BCB president.

I will definitely stop following BD cricket, if this is happening.
Old July 26, 2007, 02:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
This is one of the saddest news for BD cricket. Army is likely to capture the power and it's shameful to the whole nation that they are appointing another army person as the BCB president.

I will definitely stop following BD cricket, if this is happening.
Baundule bhai...... An army person is much better than corrupt Lobi..... and also whos said "Army is likely to capture the power"....Army is in Power........

Amra jodi 15 bosor politician der churi - Dakati kora shojjo korte pari..... Army ra pisai takbe na...Army rao koruk..........ki bolen.....Bangladesh hocche takar khoni.........Khomota hatay pailei hoilo......
Old July 26, 2007, 03:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasifkhan
Baundule bhai...... An army person is much better than corrupt Lobi..... and also whos said "Army is likely to capture the power"....Army is in Power........

Amra jodi 15 bosor politician der churi - Dakati kora shojjo korte pari..... Army ra pisai takbe na...Army rao koruk..........ki bolen.....Bangladesh hocche takar khoni.........Khomota hatay pailei hoilo......
Nasif bhai,

it's not for a competition of who is worse. Lobi etc. are corrupted for sure and they need to be replaced; but certainly not by an army person.

It's really sad that after all those churi dakati of ploticians: AL, Jamat and army-based parties like Japa and BNP, we are again captured by the army-backed 'caretaker' govt. God knows who they are taking care of. They hold power for an endless period. But that's pure politics and I dont wanna discuss that in Bangladesh cricket section.

The main concern is, this will eventually destroy BD cricket. Existing examples are Pak and Zim. Army is for the defense. They are no where near understanding common public's (cricketers included) attitude and mentality.
Old July 26, 2007, 03:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Nasif bhai,

it's not for a competition of who is worse. Lobi etc. are corrupted for sure and they need to be replaced; but certainly not by an army person.

It's really sad that after all those churi dakati of ploticians: AL, Jamat and army-based parties like Japa and BNP, we are again captured by the army-backed 'caretaker' govt. God knows who they are taking care of. They hold power for an endless period. But that's pure politics and I dont wanna discuss that in Bangladesh cricket section.

The main concern is, this will eventually destroy BD cricket. Existing examples are Pak and Zim. Army is for the defense. They are no where near understanding common public's (cricketers included) attitude and mentality.
Tahole ke amader Cricket ke Uddhar korbe..???? shobari to Dosh khuje bair kori amra...... Ke shei Manushta......???? bolen???? Australia theke BCB President Import korle kemon hoi?????
Old July 26, 2007, 03:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

If army persons are solution of all our problems then why not replace our cricketers with army officials. Amader deshtato moger mulluk, tai jar ja isha ta korte pari.

Last edited by nasimul; July 26, 2007 at 03:55 AM..
Old July 26, 2007, 03:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Tahole ke amader Cricket ke Uddhar korbe..???? shobari to Dosh khuje bair kori amra...... Ke shei Manushta......???? bolen???? Australia theke BCB President Import korle kemon hoi?????
ekjon civil manushke nileo she corrupted hote pare; abar ekjon army ke nileo she corrupted hote pare. Corruption er bepare shomane shoman. ektu difference obosso ase. Army-backed govt a civil president er corruption niya shangbadikra likhte parbe; army president er corruption niya likhteo parbe na.

todupori cricketer der mentality bojhar jonno ekjon ex-player should be the best option. Ude Hossain er moto shamorik kaeday sports control kora jae na; Zim ba Pak der moto cricketer derke control kora jae na. Ami chai na, team a dhukte hole 5 owakto namaj adae korte hobe type olikhito ayeen thak.

It's a very bad time for BD cricket and we are going towards even more darkness.
Old July 26, 2007, 04:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasimul
If army persons are solution of all our problems then why not replace our cricketers with army officials. Amader deshtato moger mulluk, tai jar ja isha ta korte pari.
......shay rokom capable army players takle replace kora uchit to....but dukko hocche je nai.......
Old July 26, 2007, 05:20 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

It's really sad. I don't want to see an army officer without any cricket link running the cricket show.

I would take Mahbub Anam or Architect Mobasser Hossain over any army person in any day.
Old July 26, 2007, 05:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
It's really sad. I don't want to see an army officer without any cricket link running the cricket show.

I would take Mahbub Anam or Architect Mobasser Hossain over any army person in any day.
bhaijan, army'r bepare negative kisu boilen na. bolle sogira guna hoi. awami league bnp churi korte parle army parbe na keno? eita ki tader desh na? den den, churi churi korte den. pukur churi korte den. banglacricket er army fanboy der moner hawush mitaya army re churi korte den.
Old July 26, 2007, 06:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhurr
bhaijan, army'r bepare negative kisu boilen na. bolle sogira guna hoi. awami league bnp churi korte parle army parbe na keno? eita ki tader desh na? den den, churi churi korte den. pukur churi korte den. banglacricket er army fanboy der moner hawush mitaya army re churi korte den.
Correction: Kobirah guna
Old July 26, 2007, 06:28 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:

Same here. This is a lugubrious decision.

Old July 26, 2007, 07:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Me too,I don't want bd to have someone who does.nt even know he full form of LBW.
Old July 26, 2007, 08:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

it is time for some spanking.
Old July 26, 2007, 08:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

ami shob gular name'a report kortasi. Starting from Warwolf, Baundale, KaiserMatin, Miraz, R_S, Drubo. Who else? fess up now. The first list may get a slap in the hand.

Army'rey bhoi pawar kisu nai. They are till now doing a better job than the previous people in all other sectors.

BCB president has very little to do with the players, but has whole lot to do with the board members. Those board members need to get some a** kicking for not taking the necessary steps in the past few years like decentralizing domestic cricket etc.

Bhaiera amar,
One don't need to know everything (like what is a reverse swing, or an lbw; not saying that he don't know). One can't know everything. All he/she (CEO, president) needs to know is who knows those things and appoint them in the correct places. That is how one manages an organization. More like Tehsin bhai. He knows nothing (thukku he knows something), but he knows whom to appoint where. (mahmood bhai knows too much so didn't mention him here).

Last edited by Tigers_eye; July 26, 2007 at 08:43 AM..
Old July 26, 2007, 08:22 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

T_E bhai, please include my name in all the lists you will be sending.

An army person with no knowledge of cricket/link with cricket will even less understand the value of better domestic cricket, bouncy pitches, good coaching stuff etc. etc. In worst cases he will take advices from incompetent persons to run the show.

It's much better to have a cricket person at the top (President & General Secretary) with an army officer as CEO to ensure the discipline.