facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 17, 2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
can you translate please...im one of those american kids
Translation: Though I have enjoyed your three previous posts, I am woried about Donald's comment....

Old November 18, 2008, 12:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

1. Players dont read newspapers when they are on the tour. So Donalds comments are non-impacting...
2. The (HSC failed) captain has no inclination to read any newspaper to satisfy his intellectual curiosity or keep track on who said what. He is busy with his own team and planning..
3. Bangladeshi players are thick skinned.. they are used to gala-gali and nothing phases them,, including their own coach's rebukes.
4. To think Bangladeshi bowlers would be down by the bouncers wont work. We have played even faster and dangerous bowlers in Pakistan/Australia/England. Players are never afraid of bouncers,, they rather think its a "loppa" ball. Besides, players like Javed/Rajin/Aftab like shorter players are replaced with taller players like Zunaid/Tamim/Imrul/Sakib... so players can play bouncers a bit better these days.
5. It wont be the bouncers which peggs us,,, it might be the medium pace/spin that can do the damage... Bangladesh presumably plays better against pace than spin.
Old November 18, 2008, 12:21 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Tigers
pretty funny. last time somebody (hookes) said bad things (1 day test) abt us, he died few days later. I dont want anything like that to happen to donald, but his face in the toilet floor sounds good to me. lets go BD....
Ah! I wish stupid Donald read this post. May be someone needs to translate this in African language for Doland.

Last edited by DW_sux; November 18, 2008 at 12:29 AM..
Old November 18, 2008, 12:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
1. Players dont read newspapers when they are on the tour. So Donalds comments are non-impacting...
2. The (HSC failed) captain has no inclination to read any newspaper to satisfy his intellectual curiosity or keep track on who said what. He is busy with his own team and planning..
3. Bangladeshi players are thick skinned.. they are used to gala-gali and nothing phases them,, including their own coach's rebukes.
4. To think Bangladeshi bowlers would be down by the bouncers wont work. We have played even faster and dangerous bowlers in Pakistan/Australia/England. Players are never afraid of bouncers,, they rather think its a "loppa" ball. Besides, players like Javed/Rajin/Aftab like shorter players are replaced with taller players like Zunaid/Tamim/Imrul/Sakib... so players can play bouncers a bit better these days.
5. It wont be the bouncers which peggs us,,, it might be the medium pace/spin that can do the damage... Bangladesh presumably plays better against pace than spin.
Bhai, these are pretty much the best fast bowlers going around. Our batsmen are obviously afraid of them...it's clear they're uncomfortable when they face the short stuff. Pakistani and England pace bowlers really aren't much compared to the South African pacers. You mention Zunaid...he is TERRIBLE against the short ball if you haven't noticed. His height makes no difference in his mentality. Let's face it - our batsmen are afraid of these bowlers, and the main reason being the level of competition.
Old November 18, 2008, 02:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

This test may well be significant in our cricketing history. If we can perform well here, it will give our players confidence that they can perform well consistently in tests.

I have listed the probable match in the squad as the first 11 on the list (prediction).We have lost Razzak for this test due to suspect bowling action, while Rasel has picked up a back injury. The practice match has shown shown how destructive Shahadat can be, and we can always rely on Mashrafee at one end. Batting's always a worry with both Rakib and Junaed out of form. I am tipping Imrul to take place of Junaed due to his better form, while Rakib may be retained but should bat lower down the order. Mehrab may be picked as an all-rounder. Good news is that few of the other batsmen scored in the practice match.

Rain may spoil the last two days of the match.
Old November 18, 2008, 02:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Yes they can get bounce, but they just keep avoiding the pull shot against bouncers and instead duck most of the time that's not a problem. I don't think anyone other than Steyn has the genuine pace to really worry our batsman...they'll get out due to their own faults. Steyn might however get 5 wicket hauls in every innings. If I was the batsman , I'd try to stay in and just score off the bad balls (sometimes with the pull shot), and make Donald drink the toilet water.
Old November 18, 2008, 02:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

দুঃখিত, বুঝলাম না। একদম না দেখে শুরু করা কি ঠিক হলো ?
Old November 18, 2008, 04:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Donald's comment can only inspire our cricketer and push them to perform well or do nothing. There is not negative impact on the team.

Steyn and Morkell are the real danger man. More dangerous when they will ball in tandem. Morkell can bounce our batsmen from one end and push them on the back-foot, from the other end Steyn can grab our batsmen caught on slips by his devastating out-swingers. With all these...just don't forget Ntini.

I will be happy to see if some of our batsmen hit some solid fifties (actually hundred). What will be really pleasing to see if we can see some batting with good technique shown and spending time on the crease with determination to stay against this devastating attack. 30/40 with some slogs is that i do not want to see really......as these innings can't serve the purpose of the individual's improvement as well as improvement of the team.

Loking forward to Tamim, Ashraful, Sakib, Rakibul (I hope think tank don't make any blunder by keeping him on the bench.)
Old November 18, 2008, 04:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Currently I am dreaming like, we will bat first and the end of the first day the score will be 315/1.
Old November 18, 2008, 05:03 AM
Street Cricketer

i even dare to dream...if we bat first..i wish that would not be disaster like 135 all out.
Old November 18, 2008, 07:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Toilet Humor from Donlad
Old November 18, 2008, 09:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Pitch is a belter, best off if we Bat first, Theres always gonna be movement but we're just gonna have to negoitate it to the best of our ability.

SA will crack a 450+ score if they Bat 1st
Old November 18, 2008, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

We definately need to bat first if we win Toss.I have faith on Imrul and Kayes. They need to see off 15 overs with
minimum run on the board. However, if we loose wicket early, we shouldn't send Zunaed(if he plays). I really hope
Rakib plays in this test. Zunaed will be useless in this SA pitches. Anyway, If openers fall early, who should we send?
If Rakib plays, then gotta be rakib. Otherwise, Sakib i think.
Old November 18, 2008, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro1249
I'm only going to be able to see Day 3, 4, and 5 of this match due to school...
Only if the match continues till day 5, that is.
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life
Old November 18, 2008, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

i am at work, not very buisy today. I was just thinking about the score.Lets put that way, i was day dreaming
about the score-
BD 550/10
SA 349/10
SA 201/10
BD wins by Innings and Zero (0) runs.
When this will happen?
Old November 18, 2008, 11:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagherBacha
BD 550/10
SA 349/10
SA 201/10
BD wins by Innings and Zero (0) runs.
Nope. If that happens, BD openers will have to come out to score 1 more run. And we may lose 3 in the process and win by 7 wickets.
Old November 18, 2008, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

How about someone rights an article in Bangla about what a idiot donald is! No one will ever know, he's just a stupid fool that woul never think that we would have the nerve to do so.
Old November 18, 2008, 12:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
From CI
Team news

Mashrafe Mortaza was rested in the practice game to allow more time to recover from a sore back. However, he bowled off a short run in the nets on Sunday and is receiving treatment from the physio to give Bangladesh hope. Sajedul Islam comes in to replace Syed Rasel who flies home today with injury while Abdur Razzaq, the left-arm spinner, won't make it back from Australia where his action has been tested.
Bangladesh (probable) 1 Imrul Kayes, 2 Tamim Iqbal, 3 Junaid Siddique, 4 Mohammad Ashraful (capt), 5 Mehrab Hossain junior, 6 Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), 7 Shakib Al Hasan, 8 Mashrafe Mortaza, 9 Raqibul Hasan, 10 Shahadat Hossain, 11 Mahbubul Alam.
South Africa have fewer concerns and, barring a late injury, ought to go into the Test with a full-strength side. Paul Harris is expected to retain his place, but is coming under increasing pressure from Johan Botha.
South Africa (probable) 1 Graeme Smith, 2 Neil McKenzie, 3 Hashim Amla, 4 Jacques Kallis, 5 AB de Villiers, 6 Ashwell Prince, 7 Mark Boucher (wk), 8 Paul Harris, 9 Morne Morkel, 10 Dale Steyn, 11 Makhaya Ntini.
Would you pick Junaed ahead of Naeem on basis of current form?
Old November 18, 2008, 12:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

The pitch is green. Win toss bat first. Hold your wickets there will plenty of runs on that surface

Quote:
From Tiger Cricket
The tourists have left out batsman Roqibul Hassan and left-arm seamer Sajedul Islam from their 12. Left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak is also unavailable as he is only scheduled to arrive in Bloemfontein tomorrow morning having undergone an individual analysis of his bowling action at the Australian Institute of Sports in Canberra on Monday. The report of the test is expected after 15 days.

Teams
Bangladesh (12):
Mohammad Ashraful (Captain), Tamim Iqbal, Imrul kayes, Zunaed Siddique, Mehrab Hossain Jr., Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim (Wicketkeeper), Naeem Islam, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza (Vice Captain), Shahadat Hossain, Nazmul Hossai, Mahbubul Alam.
http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=614
Old November 18, 2008, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Would you pick Junaed ahead of Naeem on basis of current form?
According to Tiger Cricket, Naeem and Zunaed both will play the 1st Test.So its between Mash and Nazmul.Rakibul has been left out.
Old November 18, 2008, 12:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
According to Tiger Cricket, Naeem and Zunaed both will play the 1st Test.So its between Mash and Nazmul.Rakibul has been left out.
Thanks Hoodlum just saw that. I feel sorry for Rokibul.
Old November 18, 2008, 12:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib & Rubel

i dnt understand why they picked junaid siddique for 1st test his keep floping every match
Old November 18, 2008, 12:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

Looks like Mash will not play............. our bowling will totally toothless.
Old November 18, 2008, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abz_786
i dnt understand why they picked junaid siddique for 1st test his keep floping every match
You are right but Rakibul was looking out of sorts and the team management thought Zunaed might score some runs in fluke lol...and he was the highest scorer in the 2nd odi...so dis went in favour of him
Old November 18, 2008, 01:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

cant believe they've left out rakibul and zunaed is in.. man.. i wish rakib was playin..