facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 12, 2005, 03:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Enamul raring to go

Excerpt from DS Report

The 18-year old, hero of Bangladesh's first ever Test and Test series victory in January, went to England hoping to fulfil a child-hood dream of playing in the country where the game was born. However, it ended up as a frustrating trip for Enamul who returned home with just two warm-up appearances to show for.

"It was a long-standing dream to play a Test match in England, especially after my successful outing against Zimbabwe. I was excited at the prospect of playing at Lord's. But unfortunately that never happened," said the highly talented spinner.

Enamul was also not ready to accept that his bowling would not have proved effective in English conditions. That is why he is determined to set a few things straight

"I have a personal goal. I want to prove that I have the ability to trouble batsmen in any condition. I know the opponents will not be of Test standard but I am not thinking about that," said Enamul.

Enamul said that the tour posed a special challenging for the bowlers after the main team's struggle in that department.

"Our bowling was not up to the mark during the two Tests and also in the one-day series in England so we have to work hard to be successful. We are going to face some tough county sides."

The Tigers' next major assignment is against Sri Lanka away from home but Enamul was just concentrating on England.

"Actually my place is always under pressure as there are two other senior left-arm spinners (Mohammad Rafique and Manjarul Islam Rana). But I am not too concerned with the Sri Lanka tour as I have full confidence in my bowling."

Enamul, who is a classical left-arm spinner who concentrates on loop, guile and turn, said that he was working on a 'special' addition to his arsenal.

"I have developed this particular delivery which will give me extra turn and I will try it out in England."

Edited on, July 12, 2005, 8:25 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

Old July 12, 2005, 03:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Excerpt from DS Report

"I have a personal goal. I want to prove that I have the ability to trouble batsmen in any condition. I know the opponents will not be of Test standard but I am not thinking about that," said Enamul.

"I have developed this particular delivery which will give me extra turn and I will try it out in England."

Edited on, July 12, 2005, 8:25 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Thats what i like to hear!

Quote:
"Actually my place is always under pressure as there are two other senior left-arm spinners (Mohammad Rafique and Manjarul Islam Rana). But I am not too concerned with the Sri Lanka tour as I have full confidence in my bowling."
And he has the mentalitty that his place in the team is always in jeporday.

He shows great Maturity for his age and always seems to say all the right things. I can proudly say that he is gonna be a good player for a long time.
Old July 12, 2005, 03:36 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

More Turn? he he. What is he trying to do, pitch the ball out side the off stump and expect the umpire to give a wide down the leg side?

He already have more turn than anyone else in the country. he should work with rafique about how to deliver arm ball. If he can manage arm balls like rafique, he will be simply deadly.
Old July 12, 2005, 04:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

As long as this so called "new delivery" works nad confuses batsman and gets them out. Its all good.. with me... Its good to see him working on new techniques while he is not playing and it is also good to see him with the mentality that his place is at risk.
Old July 13, 2005, 12:26 AM
Test Cricketer

I like his 'tude!
Old July 13, 2005, 02:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Enamul may be a key factor in Srilanka matches if he gets as much turn as he got in Chittagong.
Old July 13, 2005, 02:52 PM
BC Editorial Team

It's not the turn (deviation) that I am eager to see in the A tour, rather the bite he gets with his balls. Beleive it or not, big turn is not always the best way to get a batsmen. The ball spitting off the pitch is!

For proof - I can turn my chinamans almost square - but because I am incapable of giving the ball any world class "rip", most capable batsmen usually just paddle them (my big turning CMs) down the leg.
Old July 13, 2005, 03:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

in spin bowling, turn is not the key, the key is a combination of a few different things. They are:
Flight of the ball, getting the Turn, Bounce extracted and variety. (i might have forgotten one or two other things)
But to me it looked like Rafique wasn't much effective as a bowler either in both the Tests and the ODis(except for 2 games i think)
This tour should be good for him and lets see if he can answer back his critics with a few wickets in the bag.
Old July 13, 2005, 03:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

New delivery!? Where is he going to creat that from? How come so many great spinn bowlers not creating new deliveries? As Rubu said he should be working and getting some advice from Rafique on how to get better with the Arm Ball Delivery.
Old July 13, 2005, 05:57 PM
Cricket Legend

the weather is warmer now in england, the wicket will be mostly dry and it will suit enamul slightly better. rafiq is a flat spinner, doesnt give that much air and rely more on arm balls.i think enamul will do better as he has more variation.

even though it was a big mistake not to play enamul in test matches. whatever the conditions are enamul and rafiq are better than our pacers.
Old July 13, 2005, 07:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

no doubt enamul is our future spinner and he is really promising. I hope he will show his tallent in this tour and that will help him to ball different condition.
Old July 22, 2005, 10:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher

Enamul, who is a classical left-arm spinner who concentrates on loop, guile and turn, said that he was working on a 'special' addition to his arsenal.

Opsi ! Its too early. But just wondering, did Bandara stole a page from Enamul's game-plan.