facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 9, 2015, 09:19 AM
Banned

Default Best Test Wicket prepared at Dhaka!! Congrats to Curator

This is surely one of the best test wicket prepared for a long time, both team had 50/50 chance. if you bowl well you will get wickets, if you bat well you get runs, this was fair for both bat and bowl. batting and bowling on such wickets will help us develop for the long term, as we can identify who and what needs to be changed. its not good just batting well on a flat track. overall very happy with the way the curator has prepared the wicket for second test. As a team, we need a good bowling unit (which we have but afraid to give them a chance) and look at position 4 and 6-7 in the batting line-up. What is your opinion about the wicket, and should we always stick to such wickets???

Old May 9, 2015, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

We should play to our strength and make batting decks that turn on the 4th and 5th days. That's what every single team in the world does to take home advantage. This wicket seemed like 'home disadvantage' to me!

We can do that developing thing on away tours where our opponents will present us with all sorts of wickets to make sure it suits them!!
Old May 9, 2015, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
We should play to our strength and make batting decks that turn on the 4th and 5th days. That's what every single team in the world does to take home advantage. This wicket seemed like 'home disadvantage' to me!

We can do that developing thing on away tours where our opponents will present us with all sorts of wickets to make sure it suits them!!
To me it just exploited many of the flaws we have! even if we have turning wickets prepared! it would have been more deadly as Yasir looked really dangerous. I think we should from now on depend more on our pacers and develop them, so they can take advantage of both the sporting wicket home and also away. As batsmen, it would also give a true reflection of how good they are. I am not saying to prepare a sporting wicket, where the batsmen can't bat at all... in the current test vs Pakistan, the wicket was decent for batting.. but none of them tried hard to stick around. We can only learn from our mistakes, I just hope the selectors make the rights call for the match vs India.
Old May 9, 2015, 09:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

First let us prepare sporting wicket for domestic matches. Then we can try it international matches.
Old May 9, 2015, 09:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
First let us prepare sporting wicket for domestic matches. Then we can try it international matches.
That's common sense!
Old May 9, 2015, 09:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Agree with this 100%, also some of the domestic teams have young pacers playing for them and they will learn a lot from bowling on good wickets. The batsmen will also learn how to adjust on sporting wickets, and when they come to national team, it won't surprise them much. but the question is are we seeing sporting wickets at domestic level? I have seen some first innings scores of the current on going domestic match's but are mainly dominated by spinners talking bulk of wicket! Papon+HC needs to request curators or domestic people who manages those stadiums to make it fair..
Old May 9, 2015, 10:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Best pitch is not about being fair, it's about playing to your advantage in home conditions. How was this fair, when you have to win toss and bat first? If Mushy didn't goof up after toss, we would have an upper hand. So it was depending on toss.... For playing Pak we needed a flat wicket like Khulna.

For India, we need a pitch like this one. Because all the other scenarios r more against us. So we can take a risk with toss. If we win toss we put then in trouble....
Old May 9, 2015, 11:18 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We dont have a pace attack in test cricket. What we have is not international standard. We need to make pitches where it starts to crumble from day 3 where the likes of taijul, shakib, gazi, sunny, enamul, jubair etc etc can actually become threatening
Old May 9, 2015, 12:11 PM
Banned

The point i want to make is, i and we know that we don't have a international standard pace attack. However I believe we have enough pace quality coming from domestic cricket that if given chance can become a international standard pace attack. what is the point of sticking to Shahadat and Rubel, while we know the younger ones like Taskin, Mustafizur are waiting? why not give them a chance to shine, instead of giving Shahadat and Rubel, chance after chance?...This youngster will most probably do much better than the current pacers we have... also we saw that given a chance to pacers, it can be helpful, we have found Shahid as an example.

Also, how can we say we don't have a international standard pace attack when we neutralise them by preparing flat wicket?
Old May 9, 2015, 01:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

I think we need to start preparing green pitches in our domestic circuit. That might help the cause of our pacers.We need a good pace attack in tests to start winning matches
Old May 9, 2015, 03:00 PM
Cricket Guru

We never have home advantage, its a myth