facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 26, 2007, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag

Tushar's 38 innings in ODIs:
6, 21, 65, 43, 61, 10, 0, 27, 20, 1, 23, 0, 0, 9, 48, 2, 28
2, 1, 0, 1, 33, 2, 10, 24, 0, 4, 32, 0, 6, 31, 13, 20, 2, 2, 0, 0, 4
a batsman who hasn't had a fifty for the last 33 innings he will go to NZ as a middle-order batsman(!)
a bastman whose career avg has slumped further and further

Old November 26, 2007, 11:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Now the players they ommited

Bashar - no surprise there (ODI team)

Rafique- Again its more to Rafique's fault than selectors. He should take NCL more seriously as he should understand that he is no longer a sure shot selection for two reasons: a) Razzak's performance, b) Rafique's lack of Batting performance

Alok - He could be selected instead of Tushar. But not selecting him is not a big surprise. He couldn't distance himself from Tushar that much in-terms of NCL performace. So he was close, but failed the opportunity. But no surprise there.

Pilot - Again no surprise there (in ODI team). It will be a big surprise if they don't recall him for test though.

SN - There is nobody but SN himself is to be blamed for his ommision. Selectors were looking for any kind of reason to select him. SN gave them no scope to make a case for him.

I don't agree 100% with the selection, but I wouldn't say I was surprised or greatly disapointed also. I think its a safe selection for the selectors, whether it will be safe enough or not ... we have to wait and see.

I hope in the next series we will see some more changes and bold decisions as I am hoping the coach will provide more strong opinion/feedback about the players in near future.
Couldn't agree more.

That said, I don't think Alok deserves a place in the ODI XV in light of his ordinary List A performances in the NCL this season. As technically superior to Tushar as he may be, he must perform period. Also, he needs to perform superbly in FC matches to be considered for the Test XV ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 26, 2007, 11:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
Selection is not merely about going by performance in the domestic league - that would make the job of selectors so trivial as players would pick themselves.
True. But its also true that no player should think that they should be automatically selected. They have a responsibility ti take NCL more seriously and make a good case for their selection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
I am disappointed with non-inclusion of Pilot & Rafique (and to some extent, SN too). They should've made it to the 15. Rafique is a proven performer - 1-2 bad series don't make him useless. In foreign conditions, both Pilot & Rafique's experience would've come in handy.
Pilot or Rafiq is not out of the picture yet specailly for TEST. Whoever follows BD and Specialy NCL knows that Pilot failed to prove a good case to select him in the ODI team (mainly for his very slow RR). He have a very good case to select him back to the TEST team. But its not true for ODI team.

Now Rafiq's ommision is not clear cut. But Rafiue made it easier for the Selectors. After his early depart from the team last series (due to personal problem) he never took things serious the way Pilot took it in the NCL competition. Pilot proved his case where-as Rafiq was kind invisible in NCL.

About SN, do I need to say anything? Whats the point of beating a dead horse? I am not saying his career is over, but if we continue to select him prematurely we will be responsible for making another Alok out of SN. Whats the point of prematurely killing his career? Let him regain his form back in local league before we go too far.

Last edited by Fazal; November 26, 2007 at 11:44 AM..
Old November 26, 2007, 11:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisaan
Tushar's 38 innings in ODIs:
6, 21, 65, 43, 61, 10, 0, 27, 20, 1, 23, 0, 0, 9, 48, 2, 28
2, 1, 0, 1, 33, 2, 10, 24, 0, 4, 32, 0, 6, 31, 13, 20, 2, 2, 0, 0, 4
a batsman who hasn't had a fifty for the last 33 innings he will go to NZ as a middle-order batsman(!)
a bastman whose career avg has slumped further and further
he is picked to give him enough chance, not to perform (55 to compare with Kapali). so why worry about his performance. after 55 matches, we (and selectors) will be saying, he and Kapali had given enough chance but failed to perform. before giving 55 chance, how can we comment on his performance(!)
Old November 26, 2007, 11:44 AM
Cricket Guru

All the selection process will have a blunder or two ...and most of the time two batsmen and one bowler selection remain questionable for most of the tours we had. Before we had Sanwar, Shejan, Al Shahriar, Musfiq Babu type of batters who were elected to stabilize our middle order (!), I don't want to mention about our openning pair, as most failed terribley (any combination, any new face). And then our third pacer slot. If we have consistent problem not finding an adequate middle order, an solid performing openner, or an third pacer who can perform and be useful, what's the point of all these hoplas, selection processes, NCL performances, and destorying fans' heart. BCB took few good initiatives but failed to produce a performing stable openner, a stable middle order batsmen who will perform consistently and hold the batting line up atleast for few overs in the middle and then a third pacer who can contribute something with all our one dimensional SLAs.

I understand picking JO to bring some calmness among our irrational warm blooded top order, and also understand TI inclusion with his experience in leagues and A teams, but did we provide them enough coaching to eliminate their errors. Unless they are slow learners, I don't see any solution in this tour and repeat performance is bound to happen.

Third pacer selection, I understand Nazmul is a "pacer". But we have also so called "pacers" atleast like him. Not sure why other pacers like Talha, Tareq(!!) not included in 20 man squad. But Nazmul on what basis, A team performance which happend couple of months ago!!! Will he be another Sharif, only time will tell, and it seems a good bashing of the selected players only can help determine eliminate the player's possibility for playing for national team. "They" have no other option for selecting perfect candidate other than "get selected, get bashed, and get out" methodology.
Old November 26, 2007, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Tushar's 'phenomenal' advancement in terms of batting average (every 5 matches):
After 5th match - 39.20
After 10th match - 25.40
After 15th match - 20.43
After 20th match - 19.32
After 25th match - 17.21
After 30th match - 16.81
After 35th match - 16.03
After 39th match - 14.50
His current average would be a shame for any middle order batsman.
What Mr. Rafiqul Islam wants to see? The first middle order batsman in the history who would have a single digit average after the 50th match?
Tushar's career record says, that time is only 11 match away?
Old November 26, 2007, 11:49 AM
Club Cricketer

Angry Tushar Imran!!!!

Some One get to be kidding me... Tusar Imran, this guy gets run due to his luck not becasue he is a great player, i have seen him play NO foot work, NO batting style, some one is definitly HIGH.. Cannot believe... Allah those Selectors!!!
Old November 26, 2007, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Ohhhhhoooo! now i got it!!!
the trio of Durjoy-Akram-Rafiqul has produced another 'SIDR' for BD cricket!
Trust me! this SIDR will not go to Assam or any where. It will keep attacking our cricket time and againg.
Only hope is Mr. Siddons! Lets hope soon he he will take full control VERY SOON!
Until then - SIDR i call it
Old November 26, 2007, 12:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
His current average would be a shame for any middle order batsman.
What Mr. Rafiqul Islam wants to see? The first middle order batsman in the history who would have a single digit average after the 50th match?
Tushar's career record says, that time is only 11 match away?
Here is my take about Tushar in this series. Right now, he is not in our team of eleven by default, he is an reserve player ( 12 to 15). He will only get chance for the following reasons:

a) He dazzle the new coach during the training
b) Some other batsman(s) failed to create an impression to the new caoch
c) Tushar maximize his performance during warm up matches
d) Some other batsman(s) fails in the warm up matches
e) Some other batsman(s) fails in first ODI

So if you think Tushar is soo bad compared with other batsman in the team, then trust in your own gut feeling, and other baqtsman will perform and Tushar will just be a bench warmer.

Now if Other (batsman) fails and Tusahr gets a chance, then you have to admit that your assement about Tushar was wrong: i.e. Tusahr may not be much worse than the other batsman in the team.

Bottom line: Its not upto Tushar but its upto other batsman (Tamim, Gullu, Mehrab, Aftab, Farhad, etc) who would decide if Tushar will play at all (or not) in this ODI series.

Last edited by Fazal; November 26, 2007 at 12:07 PM..
Old November 26, 2007, 12:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Similar concerns like most of BC members. But I wouldn't be so pessimistic.

Junaid/Tamim opening. Boy I hope this works. Too much attack on pitches that should not be attacked. Pray they understand and play as what is given in front of them not their natural game. By the way, if this was in BD ground I would jump up and down.

More attack from Aftab, Ash. We could be 60/4 in 5/8 overs. So basically we have to rely on Shakib, Mushi and Farhad if we want to cross the 150 mark and 30 overs. So then we expect our bowlers to finish the remaining overs and take us to 200?

Now who is showing the ODI series? From 26th Ind-Aus will play a test. So I don't think Zee Sports will carry the series. Thanks in advance.
Old November 26, 2007, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Some more facts about "deprived" Tushar...
1) In average, he needs less than 5 mtches to hit a "DUCK" (8 ODI ducks in 38 outings)
2) He needs more than 02 innings to produce a double digit score. (22 out of his 38 innings have ended on the wrong side of double figure)
If you still want to give this guy a chance, U must not chair the selectors' position. for a profession, u would do good as a clown... (whose main objective is to make ppl laugh)
Old November 26, 2007, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Here is my take about Tushar in this series. Right now, he is not in our team of eleven by default, he is an reserve player ( 12 to 15). He will only get chance for the following reasons:

a) He dazzle the new coach during the training
b) Some other batsman(s) failed to create an impression to the new caoch
c) Tushar maximize his performance during warm up matches
d) Some other batsman(s) fails in the warm up matches
e) Some other batsman(s) fails in first ODI

So if you think Tushar is soo bad compared with other batsman in the team, then trust in your own gut feeling, and other baqtsman will perform and Tushar will just be a bench warmer.

Now if Other (batsman) fails and Tusahr gets a chance, then you have to admit that your assement about Tushar was wrong: i.e. Tusahr may not be much worse than the other batsman in the team.
Should we take chance with some one who is 'failure' personified?
What does it mean? Why Tushar? Why not some one else who has tasted success before?
Old November 26, 2007, 12:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Should we take chance with some one who is 'failure' personified?
What does it mean? Why Tushar? Why not some one else who has tasted success before?
Like? Can you propose few names? i.e few Middle Order batsman who made a real good case in NCL or with national ODI team recently ?
Old November 26, 2007, 12:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

What is this dollar hype? Dollar is falling too quick. Go find Euro.

I still see people wanting to destroy young cricketers. Go find another hobby. Dollar has done nothing to be included in the ODI squad. There are other bowlers who have played/performed better in all form of game.
Old November 26, 2007, 12:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

I can see someone is not too impressed and pleased with Tushar. Tushar will probably say to him, "mate, Tushar it down"!
Old November 26, 2007, 12:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Now, what were the selectors thinking ! Why in the world would they pick Tushar Imran, Nazmul Hussain, and Javed Omar Belim. This is Rediculous I tell ya. Certainly not the best debut made by our new national selectors. I was expecting a more dynamic team from them. The selectors should learn to think outside the box. Now a days, you have to score more than 250 runs in every match, if you want to win the match. and I am sure that we are not gono be scoring 250 runs with Javed omar and Mehrab Hossain around. We need more attacking batsman in team. Since Tamim Iqbal was sent to Pakistan to play for the U-19 team, he should have stayed there. You see, Tamim cant even score against the U-19 bowlers. He is making ducks and single digits score so far. Then what made the selectors pick him again. Controversial selections made all round I would say.
Old November 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakir56
Now, what were the selectors thinking ! Why in the world would they pick Tushar Imran, Nazmul Hussain, and Javed Omar Belim. This is Rediculous I tell ya. Certainly not the best debut made by our new national selectors. I was expecting a more dynamic team from them. The selectors should learn to think outside the box. Now a days, you have to score more than 250 runs in every match, if you want to win the match. and I am sure that we are not gono be scoring 250 runs with Javed omar and Mehrab Hossain around. We need more attacking batsman in team. Since Tamim Iqbal was sent to Pakistan to play for the U-19 team, he should have stayed there. You see, Tamim cant even score against the U-19 bowlers. He is making ducks and single digits score so far. Then what made the selectors pick him again. Controversial selections made all round I would say.
mshakir56,

You didn't like Javed and you didn't liked Tamim in the team, which I understand. But wondering who is your choice for openers (assuming you liked Zunaid and there should be 3 openers in the team of 15)

Zunaid
??
??
Old November 26, 2007, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
there is no chance to prove you wrong! JO, TI have been proving rights for ages although
every time we hope to be wrong.
Thats really disappointing that they cant prove us wrong. Tamim is still in his young age who needs more time to perform consistantly for national team and all we know Javed has limitation in his ability who never can give us win.I dont know much abt Nazmul but if Sajidul is better performer why cant be he picked and Tushar (another loser). Their inclusion in the team proves how we are improving as a team
Old November 26, 2007, 12:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
mshakir56,

You didn't like Javed and you didn't liked Tamim in the team, which I understand. But wondering who is your choice for openers (assuming you liked Zunaid and there should be 3 openers in the team of 15)

Zunaid
??
??
Nafees would have been far better although he is out of form but still he is able to score winning runs or can contribute to have a win
Old November 26, 2007, 12:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
mshakir56,

Zunaid
??
??
You oviously dont get my point. Nobody likes Javed, and I mean nobody. If you follow Bangladesh Cricket, then you must realise why people hate Javed so much. As far as Tamim is concerned, he is playing for the U-19 team at the moment. What was the point of sending him to Pakistan, if they were gono automaticaly choose him for newzealand, regardless of his performance in Pakistan.
Old November 26, 2007, 12:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by taklima_naj
Nafees would have been far better although he is out of form but still he is able to score winning runs or can contribute to have a win

So you want to prematurely kill his career and want to make him another Alok?

btw Nafees is an opener not a middle order batsman. He needs to fight with Golla, Tamim and Zunaid for the slot. Nafees and Tushar was not finging for the same slots in the team, they are fighting for different slots.
Old November 26, 2007, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
he is picked to give him enough chance, not to perform (55 to compare with Kapali). so why worry about his performance. after 55 matches, we (and selectors) will be saying, he and Kapali had given enough chance but failed to perform. before giving 55 chance, how can we comment on his performance(!)
Oh God we are such a loser; what can we say?
Old November 26, 2007, 12:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshakir56
You oviously dont get my point. Nobody likes Javed, and I mean nobody. If you follow Bangladesh Cricket, then you must realise why people hate Javed so much. As far as Tamim is concerned, he is playing for the U-19 team at the moment. What was the point of sending him to Pakistan, if they were gono automaticaly choose him for newzealand, regardless of his performance in Pakistan.
I think I got you point very well. Thats why I said "I understand" why you don't like them. You explained in your first comment, no point to elaborate further. Almost every one agrees with your concern.

However looks like you didn't understand my question. Who the other two operners you want instead? Thats where people disagree. And thats why I asked you the question.
Old November 26, 2007, 01:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I think I got you point very well. Thats why I said "I understand" why you don't like them. You explained in your first comment, no point to elaborate further. Almost every one agrees with your concern.

However looks like you didn't understand my question. Who the other two operners you want instead? Thats where people disagree. And thats why I asked you the question.
I never said I didn't want Tamim in the team. What I said was that, I didn't like the selectors policy of sending him over to Pakistan with the U-19 boys. See, this is the part that you oviously didnt comprehand well. Apart from Junaed and Tamim there are also Nazimuddin and Imrul Kayes who have performed pretty decently. If you are to give importance to the ongoing NCL then you have to include Imrul Kayes.
Old November 26, 2007, 01:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: All BD team players

who is this Nazmul Hossain? Is he any good? Never heard of him :S