facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 12, 2013, 03:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Default What does it feel like to peak on Bangladesh stats? (blog)

People always stop me on the street and ask me: "Zeeshan, how does it feel when a Bangladeshi scores a double century in a Test?"

It feels great!

You see, we fans live vicariously through various players, because at one point or another, when we were kid, it was our childhood dreams to make records for the national team. So when people like Ashraful makes 190, it hurts. But it also builds up the anticipation when Mushfiqur is stranded at 198 before lunch and comes back to get just those two precious runs, and then only to get out, it also makes your day.

It also feels great when Abul makes a 10th man century in Test, or when Nafees and Ash makes their BPL hundreds, or even when Bangladesh won the last-minute thriller against West Indies in ODI series or pulled off Asia Cup heroics -- when these happens, you sort of bask in a post-match glory, sort of natural cricket fans' high so to speak.

And lately, as the litany speaks, I have been getting plenty of my share after the Dark Ages of Bangladesh cricket in World Cup' 11.

Now Southern California is already home to gorgeous sunny, weather, beautiful beaches, degenerate nightclubs, access to kush, medical, of course, and some of the most beautiful women on the planet. But too often people don't see that way and if you are a millisecond late to make a right turn you get honked on street or when you are on 5 Fwy and you see a can of coke lurched at you from window of a front car, instead of giving compassion that he doesn't drive to death, you start cussin'. But all of that changes when someone like Mushy score a double century.

And as far as the interaction with beautiful women, well- it gets easier. Now I am already a dashingly handsome guy of great built, 200 pounds and 5'7.35" with facial stubs, Guess, Prada or Dolce and Gabbana specks, and tats all over my body. So yes, girls already swoon for me. But all these tattoos and precious blings become lifeless and dead when you don't have the swagger.So as flirtatious bevy of girls starts becoming more friendlier and hits on you, you merely play aloof and cool and go by Shaad maxim: "Why ask them out when they can ask you out."

So, when someone like Mushy does score a double century you start having the elan vital so to speak. You become spirited, cocky, arrogant and walk down the street like a complete alpha male badass or with Kid Cudi or Wiz Khalifa subwoofer bass blasting through your car giving gangsterish vibes. When you are on street as the CIA like black SUV sends off badassery vibes, you FEEL as if Mushfiqur himself is driving the car, as you become one with nature as if you are Bradley Cooper from Limitless.

Animisim is the belief that Nature is enlivened with spirits. Although nootropic substances can be a catalyst for it, but so can the adrenaline/endorphin rush generated by someone like Mushy, who scores a double century in Tests. Without resorting to drugs or substances, you start appreciating the various prism of colors through the beautiful pink hued jacarandas or bougainvillaeas or lush green confiers adorned below with cacti.

Now my mom loves cactus very much. It's her addiction. She has a good collection in her mini garden in our verandah backyard. As I was flipping pages of 500 Cacti in public library, it reminded me of my mom and my failure to give her the birthday gift of staying sober. So as I became teary, I realized that I have also suddenly lost the craving and been on a good buzz for the last couple of days. This only happens when Mushy scores 200 in Test. So I made a resolve to give back her gift now that suddenly I am moved to the top of the world.

You see, we fans live vicariously through various players, because at one point or another, when we were kid, it was our childhood dreams to make records for the national team. Just like any high from a shot will wear off, I know to satiate my craving and hunger, the players have to raise the bar, so to speak. Now that a T20 hundreds have been accomplished with the much craved a Test double, my next yearning can only be satiated if a Bangladeshi breaks Sehwag's record, Brian Lara's record or score the next triple century in Test. I know I may have to battle my inner demons of addiction or depression, but the high generated by Mushfiqur will last me a while before Bangladesh does something BIG. And...

In the maxim of nadim_98 we should never afraid to "Dream BIG."

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old March 12, 2013, 03:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Great write up.
Mushy's double, Ash's 190 and Nasir's 100 put me at the top of the world, it feels great!
Old March 12, 2013, 03:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
Great write up.
Mushy's double, Ash's 190 and Nasir's 100 put me at the top of the world, it feels great!
Thanks, also on special suparish, Ammujaan cooked khichuri and murgir mangsho last night.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles