facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 11, 2007, 06:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD4eva
Whats the deal with the Tri-nation series anyway....Im finding it hard to find any info on the tournament.
I guess you did not try hard enough.

Antigua to host Cricket World Cup warm-ups

Just do a google search if you want more info.

Old February 11, 2007, 08:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I guess you did not try hard enough.

Antigua to host Cricket World Cup warm-ups

Just do a google search if you want more info.
Thanks for that.
So, then this is how its gonna go:

1)Bermuda (25th/2)
2)Canada (28th/2)
3)Final?
4)New Zealand (6th/3)
5)Scotland (8th/3)
End of Warm-up's
6)India (17th/3)
7)Sri Lanka (21st/3)
8)Bermuda (25th/3)
TBC
Old February 12, 2007, 07:48 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

India is keeping trust in the old guns despite fears of form and injury. The most notable absentee in the WC squad is Mohammad Kaif and Ramseh Powar.

The world cup squad of India.

1 Rahul Dravid (capt), 2 Sourav Ganguly, 3 Robin Uthappa, 4 Sachin Tendulkar, 5 Virender Sehwag, 6 Yuvraj Singh, 7 Mahendra Singh Dhoni, 8 Dinesh Karthik, 9 Irfan Pathan, 10 Ajit Agarkar, 11 Harbhajan Singh, 12 Anil Kumble, 13 Zaheer Khan, 14 Sreesanth, 15 Munaf Patel.

Sri Lankan selectors have also opted for experience and recalled Russel Arnold for WC. Surprise omission are Upul Chandana and Kapugedera

World Cup Squad of Srilanka
Mahela Jayawardene (capt), Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Sanath Jayasuriya, Upul Tharanga, Marvan Atapattu, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Russel Arnold, Chamara Silva, Chaminda Vaas, Farveez Maharoof, Lasith Malinga, Dilhara Fernando, Nuwan Kulasekara, Muttiah Muralitharan, Malinga Bandara

Last edited by Miraz; February 12, 2007 at 07:56 AM..
Old February 12, 2007, 08:46 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Schedule for the Trie Series (Bangladesh, Bermuda and Canada)

25/02/07 - Bangladesh Vs Bermuda
26/02/07 - Bermuda Vs Canada
28/02/07 - Bangladesh Vs Canada

There is no final in the tri-series.
Old February 12, 2007, 11:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Im waiting for the thrashing VS canada. I still have nightmares about the last loss What about you guys over at Canada? What did you guys do when they won? Mixed feelings? If so...
Old February 12, 2007, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Default BD national ricketers facing dope test

After returing from Zimbabwe tour, BD cricketers directly headed towards BCB office instead their home for giving their urine samples.

news source
Old February 12, 2007, 12:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD4eva
Im waiting for the thrashing VS canada. I still have nightmares about the last loss What about you guys over at Canada? What did you guys do when they won? Mixed feelings? If so...
I remember what I did that day. I excitedly asked a friend: "So, how did we thrash Canada?"
He replied "You got thrashed...loser!"
I pretended that I don't follow cricket anymore...never spoke about it until last summer
Old February 12, 2007, 05:50 PM
Cricket Legend

How is our fielding performance this time?
Old February 13, 2007, 08:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I've been googling other forums and lots of people have BD Upseting IND/SL and Advancing to the super 8.
Old February 14, 2007, 09:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
I've been googling other forums and lots of people have BD Upseting IND/SL and Advancing to the super 8.
Are you serious?? Are you sure they werent just kidding? Either way....Interest in our team shown.....Thats good..
Old February 17, 2007, 07:09 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

India convincingly won the series against Sri Lanka. They completed a 2-1 win over Sri Lanka whish is one of the best ODI side of current cricket. Yuvraz is back with a bang!

He scored 95* from 83 balls and scored 22 runs from the 6th over of Mahroof to power India to a 7 wicket win with 6 overs remaining.

It seems, India is hitting the peak at the very right time. It's definitely a worry for Bangladesh who are dreaming to make a second round berth.

Despite the series loss, I think Sri Lanka will be back in business from the start of the world cup.
Old February 17, 2007, 07:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Well, honestly, it's nothing to worry about. India's always better in their own backyard...and that in reality is pretty sick. I hope you remember CT.

Oh well, all I'm concerned about is the confidence they'll get out of this.
Old February 17, 2007, 07:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcricmad
After returing from Zimbabwe tour, BD cricketers directly headed towards BCB office instead their home for giving their urine samples.

news source
Not to worry brother...the officials were only concerned about Zimbabwean kacha maal, not the players' involvement with it. Afterall, that's a good way of browsing profitable options without having to go abroad
Old February 19, 2007, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Default A need for change?

Whatmore's words (Daily star)
Quote:
"Personally I think if we do the things we have been doing for the last four years, perhaps we will not enjoy success. We need to think a little bit more out of the box, more laterally and trying come up with a particular plan that might catch somebody unawares," he said emphasising the need for change.
Interesting thing for Whatmore to say....How in the world are they planning a "change"? Probably the reason they picked people like TI & Mushi...
Old February 22, 2007, 08:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A20054440

here is a link of bbc, ppl's r having some positive attituede abt tigers
Old February 22, 2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidcombe
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A20054440

here is a link of bbc, ppl's r having some positive attituede abt tigers
Thanks for the link friend!
Old February 22, 2007, 03:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

Bermuda is playing a warm-up match for the Tri-Series against Antigua right now.

Antigua batted first, and Bermuda bowled them out for 139 in 44.3 overs. Janeiro Tucker, Saleem Mukuddem, and Dwayne Leverock were all quite economical.

Looks like it's a low-scoring pitch though, as Bermuda are 46-5 in reply so far.
Old February 22, 2007, 03:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

here's the stats from the first half of the match:

Bermuda's Bowlers

Kevin Hurdle.............5-2-23-0
Saleem Mukuddem.....7-3-16-1
Malachi Jones...........6-0-32-1
Janeiro Tucker.........10-1-16-2
Dwayne Leverock......10-0-23-2
Delyone Borden........5.3-1-19-3
Irving Romaine..........1-0-05-0
Old February 22, 2007, 06:56 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Code of Conduct for Bermuda players during the world cup.

Quote:
> A curfew of 11 p.m. the night before a game and midnight for all other days is set to be strictly enforced.

> Any player who breaks the curfew will automatically be banned for two One-Day Internationals and receive a hefty fine of $1,000.

> Any player who breaks the curfew for a second time will be sent home immediately.

> Any player not found in the hotel room to which they have been assigned by the team manager will be fined $1,000.

> Any player who misses a training session without the coach’s express permission will be fined $200, while a second missed session will result in a $500 fine and a one-match ban.

> Late attendance at any training session will be punished by a $50 fine for each offence

On previous tours, the players were subjected to a Code of Conduct, but it is understood that any disciplinary issues were usually only dealt with after the team had returned to the Island.
On-the-spot fines of up to $1,000 are certainly unprecedented, but Board president Reggie Pearman insisted yesterday that they had both a duty and a right to insist on the highest standards of behaviour.
IMO, pretty good ones. We need even tougher ones to avoid late night partying like previous WC.
Old February 23, 2007, 08:01 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Bermuda lost their practice match against Antigua by 24 runs in a low scoring affair.

Quote:
Bermuda's World Cup preparations suffered an early jolt, losing a practice match to Antigua and Barbuda by 24 runs in a low-scorer at the Antigua Recreation Ground in St Johns. Bermuda did well to restrict the home side to a meagre 139 in conditions which assisted the seamers but failed to chase down the target, folding for just 115.
Austin Richards, the Antigua opener who scored 183 for the Leeward Islands in the Carib Beer cup recently, top-scored with 36 and the only other batsman to cross 20 was Kerry Skepple. Richards and opener Kerry Mentore got the home aide off to a cautious start, adding 54 in 15 overs before Richards was caught at mid-off off seamer Saleem Mukuddem.
The rest failed to put together any substantial partnerships as wickets fell at regular intervals, thanks to some penetrative bowling from seamer Janeiro Tucker and left-arm spinner Dwayne Leverock. Skepple accelerated towards the end, scoring 23 off 41 balls, carting Leverock for three sixes. However, Delyone Borden wrapped up the innings with three quick wickets to signal an early end to the innings.
The Bermuda batsmen on the other hand failed to complement the efforts of their bowlers as they stumbled in the face of an impressive display in the field by the home side. Bermuda lost half their side with 45 on board and a succession of run-outs gave Antigua the upper hand. Oliver Pitcher top-scored with 38 but, by the time he was dismissed, his side was on the brink of defeat at 106 for 8.
Antigua will play Canada in another practice match on Saturday at the same venue while Bermuda play their first game of the tri-series, against Bangladesh on Sunday.
From Cricinfo
Old February 23, 2007, 02:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Perhaps the selectors looked for the player with better technique. In that case, farhad and mehrab would be a more suitable choice over tamim. Or it could've been that either tamim might have been in bad form or mehrab and farhad were in good form along with tamim, but got a chance before him because they seemed to be a little more defensive with a better technique. Plus farhad and mehrab can both bowl unlike tamim.

But i also believe that tamim should have got a chance ahead of them and i didnt agree with the inclusion of mehrab let alone farhad. But this is a good time for tamim to come into the team..........he seems to be at his peak right now
I believe Tamim is a tactical choice, one that Bashar and the team managment will thoughtfully use under the correct circumstances (batting first/ excellent batting wicket/ poor bowling / desperate run chase/ failing openers). To win games tough games against superior oppositions in the world cup we need batsmen like Tamim and Aftab and need them to score atleast a half century each for run a ball or less. Others can play strategically around them.
Old February 24, 2007, 09:31 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

BCB declared some performance bonus after todays EC meeting

Quote:
To spur the Bangladesh Cricket Team on in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2007, the Board announced incentive bonus for the players. Accordingly, each player will receive an additional US$ 2000 (on top of the usual win bonus) per match for winning a Group Stage game. If the team qualify for the Super Eight stage then each player will receive an additional US$ 3000 (on top of the usual win bonus) for winning a game.
Old February 24, 2007, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Code of Conduct for Bermuda players during the world cup.

IMO, pretty good ones. We need even tougher ones to avoid late night partying like previous WC.
Very strict indeed. I got a feeling that they are probably one of the most indisciplined side which is the reason for implementing such a code of conduct by team management.
Old February 24, 2007, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

I post it another thread but thought this is the right place.
If you have 20 minutes, just go and hear the 'One on one' where Manjrekar is talking to Sangakara. They are continiously talking about 'Asian' prospect in WC07. But they have not mentioned a single time anything about Bangladesh.

Looks like they don't think there is anything to talk about Bangladesh. Only a great show in the field by BD will help us to get rid of this burning of heart.........
Moner jhal mitbo kivabey
Old February 24, 2007, 01:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar2005
I post it another thread but thought this is the right place.
If you have 20 minutes, just go and hear the 'One on one' where Manjrekar is talking to Sangakara. They are continiously talking about 'Asian' prospect in WC07. But they have not mentioned a single time anything about Bangladesh.

Looks like they don't think there is anything to talk about Bangladesh. Only a great show in the field by BD will help us to get rid of this burning of heart.........
Moner jhal mitbo kivabey
have patience bro.. moner jhala meete jaabe.. jokhon amara big team-er sathe jitte thakbo..tokhon shobai amader naam loibo.. and thats not so far away.. that will be very soon....