facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 17, 2003, 06:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Kamal\'s time excuse

From dailystar

Former Bangladesh coach Mohsin Kamal believes if he had been given at least another 12 months he could have changed the team's fortunes.

Kamal was sacked by the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) following the country's dismal performance in the 2003 World Cup in South Africa. He was talking to this correspondent in Lahore after the third one-day international between Bangladesh and Pakistan.

The former Pakistan paceman also thinks that the Tigers will take some more time to become a competitive cricketing nation as all the countries are moving fast towards their own development.

"I was very much disappointed when the BCB sacked me and my assistant Ali Zia because I wanted to spend some more time with the boys. The team was almost coming into shape. But sadly the Board did not consider that," said Kamal.

"Changing coaches does not help any team. Bangladesh have had four coaches in the last three years since getting Test status in 2000. But look at the results."

"Their standard is still the same and it will remain like that unless you allow someone to work on a long-term basis. A coach always has a plan and if you get impatient, you are only going to harm the team."

He said it was him who started to introduce young and new players into the team and they are now giving good service to the country.

"Look, Alok (Kapali), Tapas (Baiysa) and Hannan (Sarker) were my selections and I took them to Sri Lanka last year. They have now become an integral part of the team. I don't want to take any personal credit by saying this. What I mean is you have got to give a coach time to settle a team," he said adding that there were some more cricketers in his book who would have got into the team by now.

Kamal also advised the BCB to formulate a sound cricket strategy.

"Habibul Bashar played very well in the Test series. But he is not doing well in the one-day game. They have to find out why Bashar is under-performing the shorter-version and act accordingly. For that you need some policies," he said.

When asked what he was doing now, Kamal informed that he was working as a Pakistan Cricket Board coach with a regional cricket team (under-19) in Sialkot region.

"My team is doing very well. We are now playing in a three-day tournament. We have reached the final and will play against Lahore.

"There are nine regions in Punjab. I am working in Sialkot and Ali Zia is working in Multan region."

Old September 17, 2003, 06:27 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

S othat's what he was doing ? Formulating a plan in his head ? All this time, I thought he was only pocketing the money and sitting idle while ven Pilot was trying to coach the team. My bad.

Also, Mohsin did not bring Kapali, Ali Zia did. He says he is not taking credit after pointing out that he brought those guys. Hmmm, how is that not taking credit ?

What's more interesting is that this guy may really believe that he is a good coach and could have taken us to newer heights if he was staying with the team. Sad, truly dilusional.
Old September 17, 2003, 07:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Default This is the same guy

who would go back to the hotel after the games and put a Do-Not-Disturb sign on his door. He must have needed his privacy to fine tune this plan of his. Anyway, who cares, he is gone and we are all the better for it.
Old September 17, 2003, 08:47 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

All I can say is..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old September 18, 2003, 12:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

You guys, settle down - don't insult Mohsin Kamal's intelligence. While we were getting thrashed by mighty Canada and Kenya, Mohsin was actually formulating the strategy for the Zimbabwe tour in 2004. Pity he didn't get the chance.

He was and is a great coach - he's just ahead of his time, that's all.

woof !!
Old September 18, 2003, 12:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

chorer muke boro kotha ......

Mohsin kamal doesnt have the quality to coach a national side. as far the investigation report says he cant speak english properly nor he can speak urdu.

he is good for under 19 teams not national teams.
Old September 18, 2003, 12:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

One of his strategy in the field was shouting from the side line "dekhkhe khel dhire khel". He is only good for under 13 teams.
Old September 18, 2003, 02:20 PM
Club Cricketer

Guys please go easy on the guy. The guy said Look at Bangaldesh team, they have had 4 coaches in since 2000 and still they play the same cricket, I think if Rashid Latif was around he would have come and slapped the guy on his cheek, After all Rashid Latif couldn't sleep during the first test and almost had a heart attack on the second test and needed to cheat to win on the third.

So it must have been that Pakistan cricket has gone down considaribly cause Bangladesh cricket hasn't improved any.

I honestly feel like kicking on this guys face. Chor shala, not only he couldn't do the job, and even now looking for excuses.
Old September 18, 2003, 03:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

I really can understand the agony of Mohsin Kamal. He should have been given another 12 months!

Another 12 months of fat checks..big bucks!

Who would not want it??
Old September 19, 2003, 02:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Default A Mohsin Kamal Anecdote

You know how players have their collars turned up when they are out on the field, usually to protect the back of their necks from the sun. I was told by reliable sources (the enquiry committee) that when Mohsin Kamal turned up for his interview with them, he wore a shirt and had his collar turned up!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Is the man an international joker or what??
Old September 19, 2003, 08:03 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

The way that things turned out, it seems like that we were the jokers in front of the whole cricket world while appointing Moshin Kamal, at best has the ability to be a fast bowling coach for Under 19 teams (for which reason Tapash Baisya, 19 year old, is now a good bowler for Bangladesh) as our national coach.
Old September 19, 2003, 08:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

I agree with Fahmida, if anyone is a joker, it is Ali Asghar Lobi MP .. that's what politicizing does - it brings out the pa-chata morons and puts them in important positions ..
Old September 19, 2003, 10:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Cricketer wrote:

"Rashid Latif couldn't sleep during the first test and almost had a heart attack on the second test and needed to cheat to win on the third. "

You have no idea how funny that is.