facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 30, 2007, 04:33 PM

Default Point of View: Bangladeshi Politics!

To all my friends of this forum:
Please allow me to share a former student leader's point of view about the recent political situation of our beloved country. The writer is my younger brother who is a Public Health Epidemiologist, Porcupine Health Unit, Timins, Ontario, Canada.
His view is personal and not intendent to hurt others. My apology if it does so.
Cheers-
kalpurush

"I could not resist myself but to participate in the discussion about Bangladeshi politics. For the last few days, I noticed that some of you are upset and a bit also angry with Professor Iazuddin. But I think you are making some mistakes. After observing Bangladeshi politics for a long time, I understood that he is not a criminal at all but a devout muslim who does not break his promise. Before, coming to the power he had made promise to the young, flamboyant business merchant politician (all you know who he is) that he will bring the 4- party coalition to power again by any cost, even it costs his life. He is keeping that promise. Mazher bhai regarded him as Hitler but I say that Mazhar Bhai was wrong because he is not a Hitler but Mussolini. Hitler is that aforementioned young businessman.

Now, I would like to talk about the election commission. We all ask why our election commission is so biased. But you know, there is no such thing called neutral. I am giving evidence here. During this past holiday season, the Chief election official of ffice:smarttags" />lace>Canada was forced to resign by Stephen Harper. Do you know why he resigned during the holiday season? He was forced to resign during the holiday season so that there is no out cry for him by the Liberals. I read in Globe and Mail that he was pointing finger to Harper and Conservatives for their election irregularities. Harper and other fellow Conservatives paid political contribution to the Conservative Party more than their limits. It is a naked violation of Canadian election rule. So, in order to cover these entire thing up, Harper forced the Chief election official to resign and now gave that job to a person who likes him. We know that there is an election looming in early spring. All of these indicate that Canadians also do the same thing that BNP-led coalition did. But there is a fine line difference here. Canadians do the crime in a limited way, in a sugar coated way, whereas Bangladeshi politician do like much more crude way. They should’ve restrained a bit like that of the Prime Minister of Canada.

Let’s talk about RAB. I don’t see any difference between RAB and Rakshi Bahini. During 1974 that Rakshi Bahini killed 11,000 people now RAB killed, I believe almost same number of people. Also, notably, few days ago Chief of Awami League told journalists that she will keep RAB if she goes to power with different assignments. To me it is nothing but a tool of oppression of opposition people. Now, RAB is favouring BNP-led coalition, if Awami League comes to power, RAB will kill BNP and Jamaati people. So, there will be no change basically.

Recent Awami League’s deal with Khelafot Mozlish outraged me. Yesterday, I talked to one of my fellow Bangladeshi and he told me that Awami League did this because otherwise Awami League will be regarded as religion-less party. But it is totally wrong perception. I believe that there should be two main political parties in Bangladesh like that of Canada and the USA. In Canada, we see Conservative Party is a right wing party, who always try to maintain the interest of blue blooded white people (you will notice that there flag and everything is blue) and also they are more religiously orthodox, they are against foreigners, they don’t like to see any change which is against Bible. On the other hand Liberal Party of Canada is a party for immigrants, they are not a Biblical party at all, they are the proponent of same sex marriage and they don’t work only for the blue blooded people rather they work for all kind of people (you can see their flag and every thing is red). Same thing in the USA, the Republican Party is like that of Conservative Party and Democratic Party is like that of Liberal Party. I would like to say that BNP made themselves as Conservative Party of Bangladesh because they are ultranationalist, they are religiously orthodox (that’s why they made coalition with Jamaat) and they maintain the interest of only Muslims. On the other hand, Awami League can be regarded secular because most of the artists of Bangladesh supported that party, previously their ideology was base on communism, they maintained the interest not only Muslims but also Hindus. Besides, historically, they had good relationship with India and Soviet Union. So they should have stick with their policy instead of mingling themselves with Moulana’s and promised to permit Fotwa in the country.

To be honest with you, I am also fed-up with the political condition of Bangladesh. Now, how can we solve the crises? I have a Canadian solution. I don’t know whether you like it or not but you can at least consider this proposition. I propose that Bangladeshi people vote such a way so that Awami League coalition wins 140 seats and BNP-led coalition and other parties wins rest of the seats. Then Awami League will form a coalition government, not by mingling with them. So, there is a vulnerability of falling of the government in any moment. If the concurrent government does anything wrong, then all party will be united and by parliamentary system they will topple the government. That way the people of Bangladesh should vote for the couple of next election. After going through all these exercise, the MPs will be ripped off by repeated elections and they will then cool down and then they will start true and sincere politics. So, I would encourage to Bangladeshi people to create minority government for at least next 4/5 elections.

That’s my point of view regarding Bangladeshi politics"

- Foyez Haque

Last edited by kalpurush; January 30, 2007 at 11:49 PM..