facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 8, 2012, 06:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

I hope shakib isn't selected and KKR continue to lose and get absolutely hammered this season. Then the repercussions will be greater-if shakib comes in the middle or something, they will try and use him as a scapegoat and people will forget about the incompetence of Jacques and the rest
Been disappointed with Mac-kolom but IMO if he was captain shakib would have had a greater chance of being selected than undr Mr Double G purely because the kiwis respect shakib so much

Old April 8, 2012, 09:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

LOL @ kkr MANAGEMENT ......

they are going to sink again this year .......

they have benched their best players for some mediocre ex-stars who ar no more competent these days.

cricket is all about form .... current form ...... not the old big names
Old April 9, 2012, 10:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Lol I feel that just to piss everyone off, they'll have RtD start the next match!!
Old April 9, 2012, 11:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Lol I feel that just to piss everyone off, they'll have RtD start the next match!!
Well RTD deserves to be there as well. I really feel for the guy as well. He's a really good batsman and also bowls some useful medium pace. He should definitely be there ahead of Kallis. I doubt KKR will have the guts to drop both Kallis and Lee though.
Old April 9, 2012, 11:22 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
TBH if that was the case from the start none of us would have been pissed..RTD played really well for kkr last season and deserves to be there

what has Macculam done..other then his 1st ipl innings i dont see any significant innings from him..how long will he feed of that innings?..its worst then ash, at least he had couple match winning innings for us
Old April 9, 2012, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
and than we all look like bunch of whinny losers
Well, we are a bunch of whiny losers. Who cares if Shakib gets in his IPL team or not? We have the BPL now, the IPL shouldn't be as big a deal. Plus, he's the best player we have and as long as he keeps outperforming players from other countries and continues to win matches for Bangladesh, who cares if he's playing for KKR? We have the best all rounder in the world playing for us and yet we're belittling him with all this whining and begging.
Old April 9, 2012, 11:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
TBH if that was the case from the start none of us would have been pissed..RTD played really well for kkr last season and deserves to be there

what has Macculam done..other then his 1st ipl innings i dont see any significant innings from him..how long will he feed of that innings?..its worst then ash, at least he had couple match winning innings for us
If it was up to me, I would have RTD, Shakib and Narine all playing. Does KKR have any other keepers besides McCullum? I don't see any besides Haddin, who isn't there. If they don't then they have no choice but to play him.
Old April 9, 2012, 11:36 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
If it was up to me, I would have RTD, Shakib and Narine all playing. Does KKR have any other keepers besides McCullum? I don't see any besides Haddin, who isn't there. If they don't then they have no choice but to play him.
they have bisla
Old April 9, 2012, 11:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
they have bisla
Bisla's pretty awful though. The thing with McCullum is that once he gets going, he's a really dangerous batsman. So I'd keep him there. Can't say the same about Kallis though, which is why he should be out.
Old April 9, 2012, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Isn't Wriddhiman Saha a wicket-keeper? Is he in the squad this year?
Old April 9, 2012, 11:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Nah he isn't
Old April 9, 2012, 12:49 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
he is with CSK now
Old April 9, 2012, 04:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

KKR isn't going anywhere until they overhaul their management and coaching.

Half of these coaches don't know **** about coaching, and play their favorable players over the inform players.

Kallis wouldn't even be the opener for a BPL team. Glad we started our own league which is, so far free of this stupidity.

Doesn't hurt Shakib. He can rest up while making big bucks.
Old April 10, 2012, 01:26 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

The way Shakib played in the BPL semi-final showed he is a world class T20 player. He followed MVP of the entire tournament with a cracking Asia Cup. So he is clearly in form and delivering.

Why any team would want to bench this guy, as the world's best all rounder, is hard to understand.
Old April 10, 2012, 01:40 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Coach, ever since the Pakistan tour of BD (or thereabouts), his batting seems to have improved. Is it just a vein of form or has there been something substantially different about the way he bats? Have you noticed anything different about his technique for instance?
Old April 10, 2012, 03:20 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
What's the point? Let them ignore him as much as they want. It's their team, their management, their selection. As long as they are paying Shakib's dues and not making him wash the dishes, no need to start such a campaign just to get him on their team. It'll just put unnecessary pressure on Shakib. Don't want to see an epic fail in the end and them saying- Told Ya!
this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Thats exactly what I'm afraid of. Shakib is on top form right now and no doubt he deserves a chance to be in the playing 11. Shakib doesn't need us to fight for him, he has it all to do the talking with his performance. Some of us claiming shakib will do this or that is not going to help his cause. Because it is very much possible that shakib's form might fall apart completely when he gets picked and than we all look like bunch of whinny losers. Let shakib handle it all on his own. If he gets selected KKR will get my suppprt, if they don't than oh well its their loss.
Dude, wait, what? This is the problem with fansites, by playing within themselves the fans start to get delusional about their actual status in the grand scheme of things.

Quote:
Well, we are a bunch of whiny losers. Who cares if Shakib gets in his IPL team or not? We have the BPL now, the IPL shouldn't be as big a deal. Plus, he's the best player we have and as long as he keeps outperforming players from other countries and continues to win matches for Bangladesh, who cares if he's playing for KKR? We have the best all rounder in the world playing for us and yet we're belittling him with all this whining and begging.
And this.
Old April 10, 2012, 04:21 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Coach, ever since the Pakistan tour of BD (or thereabouts), his batting seems to have improved. Is it just a vein of form or has there been something substantially different about the way he bats? Have you noticed anything different about his technique for instance?
When you are surrounded by other world class players (as in BPL) then you want to prove yourself. In the same way SAH wanted to do well in England.

Shakib is someone who can 'get up' for a big match but he also responds to having players at the top of their game, around him. When you start to do well it is also a habit, which is why it's a pity he has lost some momentum by not getting a game yet for KKR.

It also explains why, when surrounded by players who don't do well, he finds it harder to keep that mental drive going. If you are a good player to start with it's always easier to do well in a great team than be just as good in a poor one.
Old April 10, 2012, 05:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

YES! SHAKIB IS PLAYING!!

LETS WIN THIS MATCH SHAKIB! MAKE BANGLADESH PROUD!!
Old April 10, 2012, 05:20 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sachin

Opener Brendon McCullum and spinner Sunil Narine have been replaced by Bangladesh allrounder Shakib Al Hasan.
Old April 10, 2012, 09:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Great job whining fans. Thanks to your constant whining over the past few days, people have got the chance to ridicule Shakib. Some fans you are.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 10, 2012, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Habib bhai, I agree - the way some of his fans reacted to him being left out was shameful.

In addition though, from Shakib's point of view, he has only himself to blame if he doesn't get another game for a while. The team needed him and banked on him to come in and blast away at #7 and he failed to do that. As far as he is concerned, the fact that he was made to come down the order is not an excuse. He dropped a sitter and his bowling was ridiculous although he managed to come out of the game with decent bowling stats. When your team doesn't have enough confidence in you to bat higher up the order or bowl earlier on in the game, you don't just chuck pies down the leg side or bat miserably - you do that extra little bit to ensure that you win their approval.

Now from KKR's PoV, they still haven't figured out what a winning XI should look like. If they are not going to bowl guys like Shakib and Ryan until the game is over and if they won't give them more responsibility with the bat (OK maybe Ryan's fine because they did bat him at #6), then they might as well have them sit out. They haven't figured out the XI at all, but these are early times, so we'll see.

Last edited by AsifTheManRahman; April 10, 2012 at 10:29 AM..
Old April 10, 2012, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

We all need to relax that's what it is, and let the people with the jobs do their jobs.

End of the module.
Old April 10, 2012, 10:20 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

ATMR bhai, Shakib's 'bad day' was still better than Narine or De Lange's bad days. In fact, it was better than McCullum's bad day in the last match when he scored 2 of 4 balls.

As you said, KKR don't know what to do with the many options they have. Maybe they'll do what Danny Morrison said any play Shakib/Narine when the pitches are low and slow and RTD/De Lange when the wicket is pace-friendly.

On another note, Bisla has put McCullum's position into a bit of jeopardy. In one match he's scored more runs than Kolom did before and at a SR of 150+. He was poor behind the stumps but I don't know if he was bad enough to get dropped - especially as having an Indian WK gives KKR more international options to choose from.
Old April 10, 2012, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Habib bhai, I agree - the way some of his fans reacted to him being left out was shameful.

In addition though, from Shakib's point of view, he has only himself to blame if he doesn't get another game for a while. The team needed him and banked on him to come in and blast away at #7 and he failed to do that. As far as he is concerned, the fact that he was made to come down the order is not an excuse. He dropped a sitter and his bowling was ridiculous although he managed to come out of the game with decent bowling stats. When your team doesn't have enough confidence in you to bat higher up the order or bowl earlier on in the game, you don't just chuck pies down the leg side or bat miserably - you do that extra little bit to ensure that you win their approval.

Now from KKR's PoV, they still haven't figured out what a winning XI should look like. If they are not going to bowl guys like Shakib and Ryan until the game is over and if they won't give them more responsibility with the bat (OK maybe Ryan's ok because they did bat him at #6), then they might as well have them sit out. They haven't figured out the XI at all, but these are early times, so we'll see.
I completely agree. Yes we can understand there was huge amount of pressure on Shakib to perform well but the mistakes he made was silly.. I have never seen him bowling wides after wides in an over but it started since the last match of BPL and he started to bowl crap since then .. I am really dissapointed with his bowling performance. Only hope was his batting but why do you want to go for a 6 even before you have settled down and specially when you know that you are under the radar.. He could have easily rotate the strikes, take singles and hit those 6s during the last overs... And about that drop catch what to say.. we can understand that was nervousness but still it was a crime.. A player of his caliber should not miss such catch at an important stage of the game.. He was lucky to get away with it as KKR won and Balaji and others bowled extraordinarily..

Hope the 2 wickets will give him some confidence and he will come back strongly..

Last edited by oronnya; April 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM..
Old April 10, 2012, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Blast away at #7? Anyone who knows how Shakib plays wouldn't bother wasting him at 7 - he takes a few balls to settle, and after rotating the strike he starts to take off from there. Should either send him at 3 or 4 or they should use him purely as a spinner.

Awful first game by his standards, sure - but a bit unfair to blame him entirely. That drop catch surely indicates the sort of pressure he was under, especially after all that uproar about not playing him.