facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 29, 2023, 11:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Not sure if this series is helping or harming. If Shakib-Liton play IPL bowlers like how they're treating Irish dudhbhat bowlers, it may backfire on them.

Mustafiz probably won't get a match for Delhi either way.

Rest of the players will have to make some adjustments when they go back to DPL. Like Sujon said, top 3-4 DPL teams have much better bowling attacks than Ireland.
What exactly is the purpose of DPL which is in 50 over format? Is this supposed to be prep for ODI WC? ODI will be more or less a dead format in the future. It will be either T20 or Tests, so I am not sure how prepping in 50 overs format helps?

Old March 29, 2023, 12:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Whom are you going to develop in the opening slot? We have tried many players before and they were all failures.

Rony after 6 matches has avg of 31 @140 SR, which is significantly better than many BD batsmen. Yes, he is 32, possibly 34 in real life, but in T20 age does not matter.

We have tried many players: If you are considering since the time T20s was a regular thing I agree. But if it is of recent can you provide this many list of players?

I hope Haturi sorts this out and helps give support to new players.

If you actually watch Rony play he will be lucky to keep a decent average against better teams. Stats are a partial overview of a player but there are other factors too. His footwork is non existent typical of Bangladeshi players in the 90s and early 00s.

Age is not a factor you say??? Well probably if you are referring to the likes of Rashid Khan who is 24. But jokes apart and thinking of long term, a genuine opportunity is being robbed of a potential opener to play against the likes of Ireland.
Old March 29, 2023, 12:49 PM
Cricket Guru

From Shakib's post match comment, sounded like he will play the 3rd T20I as well.

BCB's compromise with Liton - he will stay behind to lead the Test team. He will then be spared from Ireland tour in May, to continue playing in IPL.

Shakib will be exempt from playing the Ireland Test, but will be required to return in May for Ireland tour. It remain to be seen though whether Shakib will honor BCB's ask if he finds a regular place in KKR XI. He already told BCB that next ODI series against Ireland (to be played at Chelmsford, England) is pointless as Bangladesh already secured direct berth in the World Cup.
Old March 29, 2023, 01:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
What exactly is the purpose of DPL which is in 50 over format? Is this supposed to be prep for ODI WC? ODI will be more or less a dead format in the future. It will be either T20 or Tests, so I am not sure how prepping in 50 overs format helps?
Like you said, DPL this year is important as we have the ODI WC later in the year. Moving forward, for next year specifically, BCB definitely need to accommodate a T20 version of DPL.

IMO, a 16 rounds DPL (11 regular rounds + 5 super six rounds) is too long. It's hard for BCB grounds committee to maintain pitch quality for so many matches as well. More importantly, bottom 4 teams hardly put up a challenge against higher ranked teams. IMO, it will be best if BCB reduce DPL to a 8 team competition, with both oneday and T20 formats. That will ensure more competitive matches, help grounds committee to maintain pitch quality better with reduced number of matches, and will leave enough time for both LOI formats.
Old March 29, 2023, 03:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
We have tried many players: If you are considering since the time T20s was a regular thing I agree. But if it is of recent can you provide this many list of players?

I hope Haturi sorts this out and helps give support to new players.

If you actually watch Rony play he will be lucky to keep a decent average against better teams. Stats are a partial overview of a player but there are other factors too. His footwork is non existent typical of Bangladeshi players in the 90s and early 00s.

Age is not a factor you say??? Well probably if you are referring to the likes of Rashid Khan who is 24. But jokes apart and thinking of long term, a genuine opportunity is being robbed of a potential opener to play against the likes of Ireland.

From what I have recall we have tried Soumya, Munim Shariar, Pervez Hossain Emon, Anamul Hoque, Mehidy Hasan, Shanto. From this list, only Mehidy and Shanto did all right. Mehidy is not an opener, and Shanto did well but SR was not up to mark. He will be playing in No.3 position across formats.

Yes, in T20 age is not all that important. Look at guys like Hafeez, Malik, they still play T20s and are pretty good at it and they are like 40.

So given all that information which player do you have in mind for the opening slot? Do you want to replace Liton Das as well?
Old March 29, 2023, 03:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
From Shakib's post match comment, sounded like he will play the 3rd T20I as well.

BCB's compromise with Liton - he will stay behind to lead the Test team. He will then be spared from Ireland tour in May, to continue playing in IPL.

Shakib will be exempt from playing the Ireland Test, but will be required to return in May for Ireland tour. It remain to be seen though whether Shakib will honor BCB's ask if he finds a regular place in KKR XI. He already told BCB that next ODI series against Ireland (to be played at Chelmsford, England) is pointless as Bangladesh already secured direct berth in the World Cup.
Ireland test is like only 5 days. They will probably miss like 1 or 2 games at the max.

I agree that the IRE series in May is pretty pointless. I think even IRE is out of the race for direct qualification. However, its pretty amusing how Shakib thinks BCB should make schedules and plans around Shakib's availability LOL.
Old March 29, 2023, 03:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
However, its pretty amusing how Shakib thinks BCB should make schedules and plans around Shakib's availability LOL.
He's not asking to schedule tours around his availability, but not to force him play a meaningless series against an associate side.

If we're to grow out of our minnow phase, we need to use those series against Zimbabwe-Ireland to groom backup players anyway. Shakib, Tamim, Mushfiq will retire in a year or two. If our team management still don't have a plan to groom their backups, the joke is on our board and the management, not on those three seniors.
Old March 29, 2023, 04:05 PM
Cricket Guru

BTW, we have seen during BPL that Hridoy, Zakir, Shamim - all three are capable of playing pinch hitter role in power play. I don't think Shakib-Hathuru are putting their blind trust on Rony. If he fails against better opponents or on better pitches, they can promote one of the other three in the T20I team.

So far, Shakib, Hathuru, and the selectors seem to be on the right track grooming new players. Papon just needs to back off meddling with the process.
Old March 29, 2023, 10:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
From what I have recall we have tried Soumya, Munim Shariar, Pervez Hossain Emon, Anamul Hoque, Mehidy Hasan, Shanto. From this list, only Mehidy and Shanto did all right. Mehidy is not an opener, and Shanto did well but SR was not up to mark. He will be playing in No.3 position across formats.

Yes, in T20 age is not all that important. Look at guys like Hafeez, Malik, they still play T20s and are pretty good at it and they are like 40.

So given all that information which player do you have in mind for the opening slot? Do you want to replace Liton Das as well?
Your list encompasses a lot of years. I was referring to past couple of years.

Those are again a couple of guys near 40. Yes you can select old people but you must have noticed most players are younger in the t20 format. So according to your logic let’s bring Tamim, Mushfiq and Mahmadullah? I say hell no.

I never asked Liton to be replaced and I don’t know what gave you that idea. Like I said I expect Haturi to bring in new and younger players.
Old March 30, 2023, 12:07 AM
Test Cricketer

They chose the players who were the top run scorers in the latest BPL edition. They had no reason to choose anyone who didn't get any runs.
Old March 30, 2023, 02:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
They chose the players who were the top run scorers in the latest BPL edition. They had no reason to choose anyone who didn't get any runs.
Exactly! In past few years, selectors picked Soumya over and over, based on potential, though he didn't have performances to back that choice. This time they broke the pattern and picked Rony based on performances, though his batting style not as pleasing to the eye.

There will be always fans complaining either way.
Old March 30, 2023, 09:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Yes, previously their domestic performance did not translate to international. It still mostly likely may not in many cases. However, since pitches and BD fast bowling is improving, batsmen ability should also improve.

Before, batsmen were used to playing our 130K trundler bowlers so when they face someone like Shaheen they couldn't deal with his pace.
Old March 30, 2023, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Because we have a worldcup coming up this year? Also ODI worldcup is considered the main cricket WC.
Old March 31, 2023, 02:33 AM
Cricket Guru

According to cricinfo: Rishad Hossain has got his T20I cap, making his debut. Third legspinner to play T20Is for Bangladesh
Old March 31, 2023, 02:34 AM
Cricket Guru

BD wins the toss and bats first. Hoping for some carnage again today
Old March 31, 2023, 02:43 AM
Cricket Guru

1 Litton Das (wk), 2 Rony Talukdar, 3 Najmul Hossain Shanto, 4 Shakib Al Hasan (capt), 5 Towhid Hridoy, 6 Shamim Hossain, 7 Rishad Hossain, 8 Nasum Ahmed, 9 Taskin Ahmed, 10 Hasan Mahmud, 11 Shoriful Islam

So its the Fizz and Mehediy replaced for this game.
Old March 31, 2023, 03:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Lazy shot by Liton. Bangladesh in a territory they have not been before losing early wicket.

Despite Liton's good scores I think he was fairly lucky too in the past games. Liton needs to reduce these stupidity as better teams wont give easy chances.
Old March 31, 2023, 03:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Ah the BPL star Rony departs. A lot of his fans who are attracted by his domestic scores will enjoy his time today.

He was clearly out foxed by the Irish and will be a walking duck against proper opposition. Although his statistic obsessed fans will say no, let’s keep him despite his awful technique, we love our stats too much to be blinded by a rubbish batsman.

Last edited by adamnsu; March 31, 2023 at 05:07 AM..
Old March 31, 2023, 03:32 AM
Cricket Guru

All batsman are playing like idiots today
Old March 31, 2023, 03:39 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
BD wins the toss and bats first. Hoping for some carnage again today
Got carnage all right...in the brain cells
Old March 31, 2023, 03:50 AM
Cricket Guru

This is the real face of Bangladesh batsman.

All getting out to moronic shots. Rony I dont even consider as a batsman even though the stats obsessed fans will ofcourse remind me what a trophy of a batsman he is. But really shocked to see Shakib and Liton play this. Shanto is another headless chicken.
Old March 31, 2023, 04:38 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

We have given every bowler a wicket..such good hosts
Old March 31, 2023, 05:06 AM
Cricket Guru

We are being even over the top hospitable by leaking runs.

And because I was recently accused of not watching other t20 matches, such nonsense bowling by Hassan Mahmud is common among leading international bowlers
Old March 31, 2023, 05:21 AM
Cricket Guru

The way Nasum bowls tells you what a garbage bowler he is. He is bowling it short hoping the pitch will do the work for him.

He is like the spinner in Lagan although I think that guy is a much better bowler.
Old March 31, 2023, 05:24 AM
Cricket Legend

This has the be the last time we see Nasum. Given 3 chances to prove his worth smashed in every single game by Ireland..