facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 14, 2010, 08:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tam,Soum,Musy,Mustaf

Congrats bd team

Old October 14, 2010, 09:07 AM
Street Cricketer

which channel telecasts this series in Bangladesh?
Old October 14, 2010, 09:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I watched BD bat, but was really disappointed that Shakib did not utilize the powerplay when he and Riyad was set. The score of 241 did not look unachievable to me. It was all looking like a familiar sight - losing from the position of advantage. So, I went to sleep as I had to wake up early for work. When I woke up in the morning my heart was filled with joy. It was a great b'day gift for me, and it was not the first time tigers won on my b'day. Epic win! It showed the character of boys to held nerve and will power to win the game. Props to the bowlers. I hope this is a begining of a new era, and we never look back. Prove your consistency boys, and make it 4-0! Now, Tigers, go and finish the job!
Old October 14, 2010, 09:11 AM
Street Cricketer

can someone please answer my query?
Old October 14, 2010, 09:12 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by asasa
can someone please answer my query?
BTV, Neo Cricket & super sports.
Old October 14, 2010, 09:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

shakib rocks the kiwis again
Old October 14, 2010, 10:14 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

This was special. I watched all of the BD inning and then had to go to sleep because today is a workday. But, I could not sleep for more than 2 hours and watched the second half of NZ inning. What a treat! What a treat! What a treat! The (almost) sleepless night was certainly worth it...
Old October 14, 2010, 12:38 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
yes, we won the series.

1. Match Thread: 4th ODI, Bangladesh vs. New Zealand at SBNS, October 14, 2010 -----won

2. Match thread:2nd ODI: Bangladesh vs Ireland at Belfast ,july16, 2010 -----won

3. Match Thread: 4th ODI, Bangladesh vs. Zimbabwe at Bulawayo, August 16, 2009 ---won

4. Match Thread: 2nd ODI, Bangladesh vs. Zimbabwe at Bulawayo, August 11, 2009 ----won

5. Match Thread: Bangladesh vs. West Indies 2nd Test, St. Georges, July 17-21, 2009 ---won

Like I said earlier. You are picking some easy 1s there.

Congrats to you on your perfect record.
Old October 14, 2010, 01:26 PM
Banned

Shakib is the man! Well done. And good support from team members.
Old October 14, 2010, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-ess
I buncked uni for today..cant apologise..!
lol, i went after 12, so had bunked the morning lecture as well
Old October 14, 2010, 01:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Like I said earlier. You are picking some easy 1s there.

Congrats to you on your perfect record.

thanks for congrats.

dont want to argue with u for first line. for upcoming team like Bd, there is no easy 1, all joy are crucial. all wins are hard fought.
Old October 14, 2010, 02:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Dunno but I was more excited by the Windies win, which no matter what people say, _was_ our first ODI series win against a major Test county. It was away from home and against a team whose strength continues to be underrated. There was expectation - we were the favorites - we had to win. And we lost our pace spearhead with no good replacement.

Having said that! Wooo hoooo! Time to Bangla-wash the Kiwis!
no, incomparable in my opinion.

looking back, that was very much a B side at best. roach, sammy, and bernard were there only decent players. and maybe one of their spinners, forgot. u need at least 7-8 first string players to even begin to consider it a "real" side. this NZ team has all first stringers, and the only guys missing are oram and styris (who are more than balanced by the absence of mash and tamim).

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 14, 2010, 02:26 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

I was up until NZ 122/5 ... then just fall sleep ..what a shame!
wake up chk the score - BOOM! we have done it!
inshllah we will make it 4-0 to complete the BanglaWash!
Old October 14, 2010, 02:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

^So...Are you a kufa pasha vai? If so don't watch the next match too.
Old October 14, 2010, 02:56 PM
BC Editorial Team

@asad. Don't just look at team strength on paper ...
Old October 14, 2010, 03:00 PM
BC Editorial Team

BTW, if my words aren't food enough, how about from the lips of the Boss-man himself?

Quote:
The series win was Bangladesh's first against full-strength top opposition, but Shakib refused to rate it higher than the 3-0 win against a depleted West Indies side in 2009. "Many people don't realize this but the West Indies were not that far off from their original strength if you go by the players that had played against us. That was a tough series and this one too has been quite demanding. Both have been very satisfying."
(Source: http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh-v...ry/481816.html) - just came out.
Old October 14, 2010, 03:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

looking back, that was very much a B side at best. roach, sammy, and bernard were there only decent players. and maybe one of their spinners, forgot. u need at least 7-8 first string players to even begin to consider it a "real" side. this NZ team has all first stringers, and the only guys missing are oram and styris (who are more than balanced by the absence of mash and tamim).
I agree. The WI side was a joke, this win surpasses all IMO, we've beat a team, toe to toe and given them a knockout that world cricket has taken notice of, there is no bitter sweet pill like there was with that series.
Old October 14, 2010, 03:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
BTW, if my words aren't food enough, how about from the lips of the Boss-man himself?

(Source: http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh-v...ry/481816.html) - just came out.
I think it really is a case of growing from strength to strength. Now, the player can have confidence to beat anybody on any day and their confidence is backed by performance!!!
Old October 14, 2010, 03:08 PM
Banned

i think this series win is the best win for BD team so far and well appreciated by the world.
Old October 14, 2010, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:

oram is out of the team during 50% time of his career. styris was on and off, though he is a good performer but he does not get auto selection. i think both missed several series in their soil or outside.NZ team never thought they will need them to beat BD.
Old October 14, 2010, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:

roach
sammy
bernard
nikita miller
chadwick walton
davin tongue
2 more batsman

all appeared in ODI and test post that series
Old October 14, 2010, 04:52 PM
BC Editorial Team

Y'all know the challenges and quality of players faced better than Shakib? Fine man ... what do I know
Old October 14, 2010, 04:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:

have to agree with you on this one. regardless of oppostion, overseas for Bangladesh is not as easy as home.
Old October 14, 2010, 08:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
@asad. Don't just look at team strength on paper ...
i know. it was an overseas series, our players prolly had no idea of what to expect after studying for Gayle, Sarwan, Chanderpaul, Taylor, Bravo and Edwards...and ended up with a completely new package.

but at the same time, years and years from now, when you tell your grandchildren "i watched us beat a team that had vettori, ryder, mccullum, young kane, styris and oram (2008 team we beat)" your grandkids will either know those names vaguely or can at least look them up and say "vettori took 300+ test wickets" or "williamson and ryder were great batsman".

the same can't be said of of the floyd reifer, chadwick walton, nikita millers or that 2009 tour.

the importance of the 2009 tour was that it established sakib's position within the team, and it provided a spring board for our team to BELIEVE. previously they only believed in Eid ul Ashraf's and the ability to knock off a maximum of one major side per calendar year.

since that series, we haven't managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. that was the big thing we gained from that tour, where we had to fight back from a first innings deficit to win the series.

that was also the series that produced Tamim Iqbal version 2.0...with his match winning 128 in the 2nd innings of the first test.

i read that shakib quote before my earlier post. obviously shakib is not going to want to diminish that achievement - and it was an achievement, but different from this NZ achievement which is REAL achievement - but i can't agree with what he said. if he spoke about the conditions, then fine. or the lack of preparedness due to playing a totally unknown oppossition, sure. but he spoke of the strength of the players. and frankly, most of those players wouldn't hang around the WI national team for very long.

you have to realize that its impossible for Shakib to say "yeah that team sucked" when we barely beat them in the tests, when even the ODIs were close, and we got thrashed in the lone T20.

but if that team played us now, i'd imagine we'd beat them by an innings in both tests.

#OneTeam1Dream

Last edited by al Furqaan; October 14, 2010 at 08:18 PM..
Old October 14, 2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan
I watched BD bat, but was really disappointed that Shakib did not utilize the powerplay when he and Riyad was set. The score of 241 did not look unachievable to me. It was all looking like a familiar sight - losing from the position of advantage. So, I went to sleep as I had to wake up early for work. When I woke up in the morning my heart was filled with joy. It was a great b'day gift for me, and it was not the first time tigers won on my b'day. Epic win! It showed the character of boys to held nerve and will power to win the game. Props to the bowlers. I hope this is a begining of a new era, and we never look back. Prove your consistency boys, and make it 4-0! Now, Tigers, go and finish the job!
Happy Birthdat Ehsan bhai. You got the best gift from the Tigers. Lucky you