facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 20, 2019, 01:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Don’t think England will make the semis!

They are playing very good at the moment and for last few years. They changed their game in ODI after getting knocked out by BD. They have great players and a great captain. I am a fan of this England team with guys like Root, Roy, Butler, Stokes, Morgan and Co. great batting unit and decent spinning options with their usual pace attack. However, I think with all the hype surrounding this team will do them no good. They will be under tremendous pressure to win it and being the wc at home will add to that pressure. I think a side with good spin attack will beat them. England is always hyped up, be it in soccer or cricket. This time around the hype is earned understandably however they lost few finals even with guys like Botham, Gooch, illingworth, etc. well, this is just my opinion. If this was Australia at home playing superbly, I would have put my money on the Aussies because of their never die attitude. But I have a feeling that England would bungle it like they have done it historically and also because of pressure of being the host nation.

Old May 20, 2019, 02:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I think they'll make semis, but I think we will upset them. But we won't make the semis because of slipping against Pakistan and Australia. Two matches which we should win, but just don't trust this lot.

We'll win vs England, India, Afghanistan, West Indies and Sri Lanka.

We'll lose vs Australia, Pakistan, New Zealand and South Africa.
Old May 20, 2019, 03:05 AM
Cricket Legend

England will not win the cup. Their own high-scoring pitches will be their own undoing.

Against weaker teams, who have weak bowling or indisciplined fielding, high scoring pitches favor England because no matter the target, they can chase it down. Also, weaker teams usually fall short in chasing a big target.

This will not be the case against IND, SA, and AUS, especially if ENG has to chase. England bowling is weaker, and if they are set a 350+ target, against a disciplined fielding and tight bowling, they will fail 66% of the time.

If you live by the sword, you die by the sword.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old May 20, 2019, 03:07 AM
Cricket Legend

BTW, let my bias be known. I hate English cricket team (or soccer or whatever team) like there is no tomorrow.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old May 20, 2019, 09:04 AM
Cricket Legend

They will at least make the semis I think, but they might not win it. Being favorites might put lot of pressure on them, and even though they beat Pakistan 4-0 their performance before that vs West Indies and Ireland showed some fragility.
Old May 21, 2019, 07:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

England are the favourite to win the cup.
Old June 3, 2019, 07:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Lol. England, New Zealand and South Africa. These are bilateral series teams and chokers in world cup.

They rely mainly on their analysis. When things don’t go to plan, the whole team fails whereas in Asian teams someone like Inzamam, shakib, ganguly, ajay jadeja, saeed anwar, arvinda de silva, jayasuria can thump any analysis.

Lets see how england wins the cup!

No matter how much they change their game and how good they are currently when they are playing world events, they fold under pressure. Where as Australia strives in pressure. In 2015, they had jos butler, stuart broad, joe root, ian bell, morgan, anderson, ali, woakes and lost to bd. Pressure man, no matter how good these teams are leading to a tournament, they have chokers historically. Dont believe the hype!
Old June 3, 2019, 07:37 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

ENG SA and NZ will never win the world cup..final is the best thing these chokers can hope for

BD and Afg will win the world cup before them
Old June 3, 2019, 08:33 PM
Test Cricketer

If the asian teams had players like root, butler, roy, de cock, du plessis, boult, williamson, ross taylor ... they would be unbeatable. I think historically not winning the main event has dented their psyche. I really wish South Africa can win a wc but it is visible that something happens to these sides in world cups. NZ had a great game against Sri lanka but we will see the same pattern as the tournament progresses.

Now, Australia is totally different. They go in a mindset they will win no matter what. Thats why they won it 5 times. In 99, South Africa and Pakistan were a little bit better side than Australia. But Australia still won it cause of their belief.

Nz was such a great team last tournament but choked in the final. One of the worst final we have seen. You can say it was their first final so they couldn’t cope. Keep in mind that they made the semi final 6 times and keep losing. Sri lanka won it in their first final with gutsy Arjuna Ranatunga.

Unless they hv leader like Ranatunga, Imran, Waugh, kapil, etc and players who on their day overcomes pressure they wont win. Cricket is a 11 player game but certain day certain time 1 player has to rise and take the game away from the opposition and beat all the odds of analysis and etc and thats what missing in these teams.
Old June 3, 2019, 08:37 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
Nz was such a great team last tournament but choked in the final. One of the worst final we have seen. You can say it was their first final so they couldn’t cope. Keep in mind that they made the semi final 6 times and keep losing. Sri lanka won it in their first final with gutsy Arjuna Ranatunga.
SA vs NZ semifinal in 2015 was an absolute chokefest, both team tried so hard to lose the Semi. if any other team was part of that Semi with either NZ or SA, that team would have had a walkover to the final
Old June 3, 2019, 08:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
SA vs NZ semifinal in 2015 was an absolute chokefest, both team tried so hard to lose the Semi. if any other team was part of that Semi with either NZ or SA, that team would have had a walkover to the final
Great find, Yes what game for neutrals! I felt bad for Ab de Villiers. It’s like they put unnecessary pressure upon them and makes mistakes that they don’t usually make. In bilateral series, these teams are thorough and thorough professional, super athletes, bowls with great pace and bounce. However, major touneys is a different story.

I mean how did England lose today! England in top of their game vs. A pakistani team down and out, low on confidence and England just got beaten in their own game.
Old June 3, 2019, 11:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
Great find, Yes what game for neutrals! I felt bad for Ab de Villiers. It’s like they put unnecessary pressure upon them and makes mistakes that they don’t usually make. In bilateral series, these teams are thorough and thorough professional, super athletes, bowls with great pace and bounce. However, major touneys is a different story.

I mean how did England lose today! England in top of their game vs. A pakistani team down and out, low on confidence and England just got beaten in their own game.
England still should have won today despite not playing their A game. Moin Ali while batting ofcourse had other ideas not to upset his parents.
Old June 3, 2019, 11:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
England still should have won today despite not playing their A game. Moin Ali while batting ofcourse had other ideas not to upset his parents.
lol @ moeen ali remark!
Old June 4, 2019, 01:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Moeen Ali is the biggest weakness in that batting line up , they cannot have a batsman like him batting at 7. Even Mosaddek would have done a better job yesterday for England.

The signs were there in West Indies Series now the cracks are starting to appear I don't think they are mentally strong enough to win this time.
Old June 4, 2019, 01:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Moeen Ali is the biggest weakness in that batting line up , they cannot have a batsman like him batting at 7. Even Mosaddek would have done a better job yesterday for England.

The signs were there in West Indies Series now the cracks are starting to appear I don't think they are mentally strong enough to win this time.
Moeen Ali has been shuffled a lot. He used to open the innings in the last wc. He is not a power hitter.
Old June 4, 2019, 02:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
On that note: In the last World Cup he didnt want to upset his Inlaws playing against Bangladesh.
Old June 7, 2019, 03:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
On that note: In the last World Cup he didnt want to upset his Inlaws playing against Bangladesh.
Eto in laws ar parents der bhabar time pay koi
Old June 7, 2019, 04:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
Eto in laws ar parents der bhabar time pay koi
Probably comes from his desi and religious roots...so that he isnt DOOMED
Old June 25, 2019, 12:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Haha. Thought this needed a bump. Always the most hyped up team: England! Ye karega woh karega, kochu karega
Old June 25, 2019, 12:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

So what's the equation for England now to reach the semis? They have games against India NZ left.
Old June 25, 2019, 12:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

But what I find funny is all that talk by the English camp of scoring 500. They clearly underestimated the pressure of a WC.
Old June 25, 2019, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
So what's the equation for England now to reach the semis? They have games against India NZ left.
Win last two - in
Win one - ends at 10 point and hope that both BD/PAK only gets 9 points max and hope that SL doesn't win more than 1(even if SL is at 10 pts - eng will go through with better RR)
Loose last two - definitely out. (Because the game between BD/PAK will decide who goes through assuming SL flops. If SL wins two, then SL goes through)
Old June 25, 2019, 01:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
But what I find funny is all that talk by the English camp of scoring 500. They clearly underestimated the pressure of a WC.
I mean the way all the pundits were acting like just give england the cup even before the wc. Like all the other teams barring India were just buffaloes came to wc to eat lord’s grass. We know how after 1992 england just been an average team and hyped up team.
Old June 25, 2019, 02:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

What makes it worse is that they recrute good players from other countries, still sucks lol

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 25, 2019, 05:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Titanic is sinking