facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 22, 2006, 06:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Practice Matches Called off :(

http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/09/23/d60923040330.htm

Quote:
Tigers' practice matches called off
Sports Reporter
The two proposed practice matches for preparation of the national cricket team for next month's ICC Champions Trophy have been postponed due to inclement weather.The first limited-overs match between Team A and Team B was supposed be held today at the BKSP but according to a Bangladesh Cricket Board source, the ground at the Savar sport institute would not be ready within a week following three days' heavy rain.
The second match was scheduled for Monday.
The Tigers will now return to training at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium Indoors in Mirpur today.
Bangladesh will leave Dhaka for Mohali, India on September 30 to play the four-team qualifying round of the mini World Cup.
That means we only have 1 practice match and thats vs a Indian Club XI on Oct 4th, before we get ready for Lanka on the 7th.

Good news is that Mashrafe only sprained his ankle it only took me about 4 day to get back to normal and he's putting Ice on it and getting it wrapped consisitently. He's ankle will be blue for a day so what. He's gonna be fine to play vs Lanka. Rasel is the player I'm worried about if he's fit I really like our chances to win vs SL, WI and defiently Zim.

Old September 22, 2006, 06:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

another sad news
Old September 22, 2006, 08:58 PM
Cricket Legend

So sad. I am worried about our preparations. This is not a perfect one.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old September 22, 2006, 09:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

2 frontline bowlers are injured and not enough practice matches. we will do just fine in ICC Champions Trophy
Old September 22, 2006, 10:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

I think, it was indeed a very bad thing that we missed the first practice match.For more than one month National Team didn't have any match practice.While all of our opponents are continuously within game.WI is playing a very competitive tournament at Malaysia, Zim just finished their series against SA.Those are the two teams we are targeting.Without match practice we will be vulnarable, I daresay.As we have seen this thing so many times before.In the starting match of a tour, BD always do bad.Then they improve as the tour progress.Of course, it's pretty common.But, problem is in CT there is no time for gradual improvement as all the matches are do or die.I hope at least the 2nd practice match will take place and if possible BCB will try to arrange one more practice match in India(other than the current scheduled one).There is no alternative for playing practice match.
Old September 22, 2006, 10:35 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Do we have any good news?? Even Zimbabwe is getting plenty of practise with SA and we are swatting flies! BCB is such a lazy bunch of tards, they should immediately arrange/transfer the practise matches somewhere else.
Old September 23, 2006, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Do we have any good news?? Even Zimbabwe is getting plenty of practise with SA and we are swatting flies! BCB is such a lazy bunch of tards, they should immediately arrange/transfer the practise matches somewhere else.

You are right. It's a shame that BCB failed to arranged some practice matches with India or Pakistan before the CT! Without enough practice matches, how could we be able to give a hard fight against our three opponents? It's even worst for Mehrab Jr. to become a team player due to lack of practice matches. Qualify in 2nd round for us is getting harder even in my dreams too!!
Old September 23, 2006, 02:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Our chances of doing well at champions trophy is diminishing rapidly due to lack of planning on behalf of BCCB. This is such a shame
Old September 23, 2006, 05:59 AM
Cricket Legend

What the hell Lobby and co doing? The last act of Lobby was lobbying for Pakistan. Why he did not ask Pakistan to have a series.
It is now time for ground commitee to be sacked. Mirpur stadium is still not ready. We are supposed to open that venue againest Australia. Game is still four day away. Why not shift them to Bogra?
Old September 23, 2006, 10:30 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Game is still four day away. Why not shift them to Bogra?
At the moment... the whole of Bangladesh is under severe seasonal depression and constant heavy rain. There was a shocking and sudden coastal storm in which hundreds of fishermen died even a Navy officer and some staffs. The depression is still ongoing and there is still risk for a tornedo in the coastal belt. I guess you understand that it is virtually impossible to have any match in any part of the country.

The only possiblity would be if BD could play any overseas match... which surely doesn't seem to be in BCB's program.
Old September 23, 2006, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
At the moment... the whole of Bangladesh is under severe seasonal depression and constant heavy rain. There was a shocking and sudden coastal storm in which hundreds of fishermen died even a Navy officer and some staffs. The depression is still ongoing and there is still risk for a tornedo in the coastal belt. I guess you understand that it is virtually impossible to have any match in any part of the country.

The only possiblity would be if BD could play any overseas match... which surely doesn't seem to be in BCB's program.

Well, what could we do! It's mother nature who is playing the game now!! It's like "morer upor kharer gha!!!"
Old September 23, 2006, 12:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
At the moment... the whole of Bangladesh is under severe seasonal depression
then I guess the whole Bangladesh should start taking anti-depression medicine. But the risk is the chance of being hyper-active, which is also not very good.