facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 7, 2017, 05:53 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Default Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka Test Series Day by Day Analysis

My first day take on this game:

Shuvashish is potentially a very handy test seamer if he can improve his line and length by a bit. Its still looking pretty good at the moment but need to work on his accuracy beyond his first spell.

Liton is welcome change for us. We knew the impact would be immediate and we arent disappointed. All he needs to do is add 30-40 runs minimum with the bat and more importantly occupy the crease and protect the tail when needed.

Mushy looked plain disinterested in the field today. His captaincy as usual was very one dimensional. He tried some very unsual fielding setup which were not necessarily attacking or purposeful. Sri Lanka was 3 down under 100, the fielding in those situations was supposed to be more attacking then they were with quick rotation of strike bowlers not allowing the batsmen to settle. I thought he did just the opposite.

Fizz I thought was trying too hard. He is perfectly capable of bowling good line and length at 130s without trying too many things. Thats what he should have done rather then looking for a lot of yorkers, cutters.

Miraz really needs a coach asap. If Mushy cant use him for 15+ overs then it becomes a huge issue. Normally if Taijul played, he would have bowled 20+ overs taking the load off part timers, seamers and Shakib. Miraz was bowling short, tried to get wickets more with skidding deliveries then flight and in this kind of surface, this wont work.

lets hear from you guys

Old March 7, 2017, 05:55 PM

Wonderful Analysis by Ash. I always thought this guy doesnt have a brain. But he analyzes pretty well I must say. Better then a lot of players and ex cricketers.
Old March 7, 2017, 06:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Not a very good first day for Bangladesh, still 4 more days to go, a couple early wickets could still shift the momentum, looking at the scorecard I am quite surprised to see Mehedi going for almost 6 per over, he is known to keep things tight, isn't he?

I want Subhashis to take a 5for tomorrow, have a soft spot for him and Jason Roy for obvious reason
Old March 7, 2017, 07:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Something needs to happen asap. Bowl SL out before lunch. The more they bat, the more Uncle Herath will lick his lips like Dr. Evil.
Old March 7, 2017, 08:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

^ That's what SL masters at, bat first score at a good rate, take up as much out the game first few days,longer the bat brings their spinners straight into it on 3-5th day. Winningthe toss, was crucial,mushy has not won the toss in 4test matches now that I can remember, maybe more!
Old March 7, 2017, 08:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Don't agree with Sir Ash. On Rubel. Simply, has been tried enough of times at test, he lacks any sort brains where to bowl at test, do check his test average out Sir Ash. Don't matter if he is experienced, Subhasish looked more at home playing few innings, than Rubel has for over 24 tests.
Old March 8, 2017, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Tamim and Sarkar reaching 100 run opening partnership which was the first time BD archived against Sri Lanka. Good batting from the top two, but then Tamim gave wicket away as a free gift, . Mominul played it off the back foot to a full ball, got plumbed LB! - poor technique, should've came forward to that. Batting was very good until Tamim's brainfart came.

Now, Sarkar has to score a ton and get a big one. Mushy and Sarkar, key partnership here. Hopefully, Sarkar carries on, gets a biggie.
Old March 9, 2017, 01:50 AM

Very poor application from the batsmen. I thought the bowlers did a decent job. About 50 runs more then they shouldve conceded but not terrible. On the other hand, in this pitch, 213/6 is not even close to where the team should be. Brain fade from Tamim, needless and scratchy from Sarkar, Lack of proper technique from Mominul and Riyad, unwanted from Shakib and Liton. We have been so focused on getting a bowling attack who can take 20 wickets, we allowed the batsmen to have a free ride. None of the last 3 matches plus this one had any demons on the pitch and yet we failed to get the basics right for the most part... The coach needs to really go hard on the boys or get a fresh unit in... Enough of "We are improving" crap! Win it, Draw it or you have achieved nothing!
Old March 12, 2017, 05:44 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't know if anyone else posted this, but this gentleman next to Haba made some very good points. Points which most of us fans have been saying, this dude seems on the fans side, and is very wise about cricket more than some these selectors and bcb members.