facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: What type of fantasy cricket game you would like to play?
In-house 23 63.89%
Cricketweb 1 2.78%
Cricinfo (if they start one) 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 29, 2015, 02:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Please NO, during the T20 WC it was really tough maintaining two teams in two different formats and people ended up giving importance to neither. As many of us already joined ICC's one and the format too looks much better than Cricinfo, I would strongly recommend to continue with this and add to that we also have the in-house one, so need for another.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old January 29, 2015, 03:01 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Yeah lets stick to ICC pls.
Old January 29, 2015, 03:02 PM

Zee join korba? Naki sahos nai? Eto voy pao keno? Ekhane to tomake keu tomar lungi khulte bole nai
Old January 29, 2015, 03:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim

This is from the last T20 WC. Max, Maysun and Ankur, where art thou? Can you guys finish top 3 again?

thanks Nadim for this previous fantasy game summary. It was great fun last time, hopefully it will be fun again

…….
Old January 29, 2015, 04:02 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Team dibo na ... Team dile jokhon BD r sathe khela thake tokhon ekta "conflict of interest" hoye jay .. Nijeke beiman mone hoy LOL
Old January 29, 2015, 04:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Team dibo na ... Team dile jokhon BD r sathe khela thake tokhon ekta "conflict of interest" hoye jay .. Nijeke beiman mone hoy LOL
beiman!!
dil bara beiman
hota nehi ahsan...

er onek upai asey.
1) Have no players from the opposition ranks in the team during BD games.
2) Make your captain from BD team.
3) Difficult but make your team full of BD players against Australia, NZ.
Old January 29, 2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Haat te na janle uthan baka. Bollei paren first hoben from the bottom

Prove me wrong by joining
Old January 29, 2015, 04:30 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Nadim bhaiya, thanks for sending me the invitation. Thik energy paitesi na, ei bar khoma kore dao. Good luck with the league
Old January 30, 2015, 07:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

I will go for In-house..

In house participate akta onno rokom moja jehetu amra amader moto kore kichu rule create korte parbo.. ar onno platform e jaye score dekhe aikhane ase ar discuss korte amar personally mon chay na.. ar in house hole aikhanei discussion ta onek valo ar mojar hoy.

Jodio eta sotti je in house ta bit easier to control.. jehetu amader team change kora lagbe na frequently- abar eta onno dike jara control korbe tader onek tough hoye jabe.. so amra in house ar icc 2 tai participate kori.. but please in house ta jodi somvob hoy create kora jay kina vebe dekhben.
Old January 30, 2015, 08:07 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ TE bhai already had a in-house going in a diff thread.
Old January 30, 2015, 09:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

how do you check your registration?
Old January 31, 2015, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy
how do you check your registration?
https://fantasy.icc-cricket.com

Old January 31, 2015, 07:14 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Greetings everyone!
Nice to see you old warriors still here in BC after long time. Will be missing some of fallen comrades. Cant stay away from BC at least for the World Cup.

now question is whats fun do you folks get to fight for 2nd, 3rd positions is a mystery. here i am again, some of you will give up already. some within a week of world cup starts and rest will look for excuses.

Veni Vidi Vici.
Old February 2, 2015, 01:53 PM

19 team thus far, even without the regular ones. Come on boys! Let's make it 25!
Old February 2, 2015, 02:05 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
"All the prizes are for Indian users only."

NO NON-INDIANS WILL PLAY. Watch.
Well that confirms (not that it needed any further confirmation) whether Indians run crapinfo
Old February 6, 2015, 02:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

cricinfo fantasy dont have prize plus it doesnt look exciting. i prefer icc fantasy and cricweb and ofcourse inhouse
Old February 8, 2015, 09:23 AM

Few days to go! 21 teams so far!
Old February 8, 2015, 12:35 PM
Test Cricketer

নাদিম ভাই,ক্রিকইনফো ফ্যান্টাসিরও একটা লীগ ক্রিয়েট করবেন নাকি? খুলে ফেলেন একটা
Old February 8, 2015, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Old February 8, 2015, 11:17 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

This isn't exactly fantasy related but I picked my Greatest XI WC on ICC.

I know, probably one too many pace all-rounders, but no good WC spin all rounders available. Between Afridi and Shak, it'd be Afridi. Shak's WC record is below average.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2015-02-08.png (706.3 KB, 159 views)
Old February 9, 2015, 09:09 AM
Cricket Savant

With out Viv Richards can we create any WC XI? Ei shob Tendu fendu diye kaam cholbey na.

Sanath (part time spinner)
Hayden
Gilly (Wicket)
Richards (part time Spinner)
Sangga/Ponting
Inzi
Kapil
Imran (C)
Wasim
MCGrath
Marshall

Last edited by Tigers_eye; February 9, 2015 at 04:30 PM..
Old February 9, 2015, 05:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ You can't just stuff names on the lineup, that's easy. You also have to have a proper order. Gilly at 3? Ponting at 5?? It's lot more difficult to include everyone you want in their proper pos.

I'd put VIv over Sachin, but you can't just keep out Sachin from any XI, as much as I don't want to.
Old February 10, 2015, 12:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Saeed Anwar

Pakistan

Saeed Anwar, one of Pakistan’s stalwarts, was the rock at the top around which much of the batting revolved for a decade, and played in three World Cups from 1996 to 2003. He hit back-to-back hundreds in 1999 to ease Pakistan’s passage to the final, and ended with 915 runs in 21 matches, including a superb century against India in 2003 in a high-profile, high-pressure match.

Best Performance? 113* against New Zealand in the 1999 semifinal.

Add player to lineup

Adam Gilchrist

Australia

The X-factor of the legendary Australian side of the 2000s that won three straight World Cups, Adam Gilchrist combined devastating batting with superb wicketkeeping to give the term allrounder a new dimension. He took part in three World Cups and holds the unique record of scoring at least a half-century in three consecutive finals – 1999, 2003, 2007 – all of which Australia won.

Best performance? A 104-ball 149 against Sri Lanka in the 2007 final.

Add player to lineup

Viv Richards

West Indies

Sir Vivian Richards has often been called the greatest ODI batsman of all time, and his World Cup record illustrates why. With 1013 runs at 63.31 and a strike-rate of 85.05 in a slow-scoring era, Richards was part of the title-winning teams of 1975 and 1979. He bowed out with a 75-ball 67 in 1987 against Pakistan in his final World Cup appearance.

Best Performance? 138* in the 1979 final to lead the West Indies to its second consecutive title.

Add player to lineup

Sachin Tendulkar

India

Amongst the greatest batsmen in history, Sachin Tendulkar raised his game further on the biggest stage as an average of 56.95 across six World Cups from 1992 to 2011 suggests. The 2278 runs he made are far and away the most by an individual, and he was the event’s highest run-getter in 1996 and 2003, with a winner’s medal in 2011 to complete a cherished dream.

Best Performance? 98 off 75 against Pakistan in 2003 in a high-pressure league match.

Add player to lineup

Ricky Ponting

Australia

Australia’s legendary number 3 has made more World Cup appearances than any other player with an exceptional record to boot. Three World Cup wins, two as captain, a superb batting record and the most catches taken by a fielder give a small indication of the impact that Ricky Ponting made on 15 years of World Cup Cricket.

Best Performance? 140* in the 2003 World Cup final to lead Australia to the title in Johannesburg.

Add player to lineup

Aravinda de Silva

Sri Lanka

Among the most watchable batsmen in the world, Aravinda de Silva was also one of his country’s finest wielders of the willow. Starting from 1987, he appeared in five World Cups and reached a rarefied peak in 1996, with Man of the Match performances in the semifinal and final, a feat only Mohinder Amarnath has ever achieved.

Best Performance? 107* followed by three wickets in the 1996 final, giving Sri Lanka a momentous win and a maiden World Cup trophy.

Add player to lineup

Steve Waugh

Australia

Batsman, medium pacer, captain extraordinaire and master of the mental game – Steve Waugh was an all-rounder in more ways than one. Waugh played four World Cups, winning in 1987 and 1999, the last one as captain.

Best Performance? 120* v South Africa in 1999, Waugh’s highest ODI score and an innings of far-reaching consequence because it meant that thanks to victory in the league match, Australia went through to the final after a tied semifinal against South Africa.

Add player to lineup

Andrew Symonds

Australia

Andrew Symonds cemented his place in the Australian side with an unbeaten match-winning century in Australia’s opening game of the 2003 World Cup. A gifted fielder and a more than handy bowler, Symonds made a name as an all-rounder thereafter. Part of two World Cup-winning squads – in 2003 and 2007 – he averaged 103, dismissed only five times in 13 innings with a strike rate of 93.29.

Best Performance? Innings of 143 off 125 balls against Pakistan in 2003.

Add player to lineup

Glenn McGrath

Australia

One of the greatest fast bowlers of all time, Glenn McGrath’s calling card wasn’t glamorous – strict line and length – but he was devastating, and made a habit of getting the big wickets. Over four World Cups, he took 71 wickets in 39 matches, the most anyone has. He battled injuries, but he returned with a record 26 wickets in 2007, and was adjudged Man of the Tournament.

Best Performance? 7 for 15 against a hapless Namibia in 2003.

Add player to lineup

Muttiah Muralitharan

Sri Lanka

Mutthiah Muralidharan, the world record holder for most wickets in Tests and ODIs, represented Sri Lanka in five World Cups from 1996 to 2011, and played in three finals – including the triumphant one in 1996. The 68 wickets he has overall are the second highest behind Glenn McGrath’s 71, all achieved at an average of 19.63 and an economy rate under 4.

Best performance? 4 for 31 against New Zealand in the 2007 semi-final.

Add player to lineup

Wasim Akram

Pakistan

Nicknamed Sultan of Swing, Wasim Akram could make the ball move both ways, in the air and off seam, and is regarded as the finest left-arm paceman the world has seen. He has 55 wickets in 38 World Cup matches, but his sublime spell against England in the 1992 final, where he dismissed Allan Lamb and Chris Lewis off consecutive balls, is considered the turning point in Pakistan’s victory.

Best performance? 3 for 49 against England in the 1992 final.

Add player to lineup
Old February 10, 2015, 01:23 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
"Ricky Ponting
Australia’s legendary number 3 has made more World Cup appearances than any other player with an exceptional record to boot."
So you put him at 5? Are a BCB selector? Sachin at 4 when his best days came opening the innings. Sachin the opener > Anwar > Sachin the middle order. I like that you were able to fit in De Silva (then again why wouldn't you be able, you just stuffed everyone in lol). That's one guy I wanted but couldn't fit him. But you left Sanath out this time. Would go with Sanath over Anwar. Symonds > klusner so you win there. I wanted Bevan but he wasn't there on the list! I have Imran over Steve. Can't really lose there, but Imran's bowling > Steve's? Biggest flaw in that line up is you're a bowler short. Only 3 bowlers! You cray! Asking too much from Steve and your part timers to bowl 20 overs.

Lastly, Warne > Chucker. Leggie > everything else. That's just my preference.

As good as Viv is, he ruins your order. I had him over Gilly, then I realized i didnt have keeper.
Old February 10, 2015, 01:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
So you put him at 5? Are a BCB selector? Sachin at 4 when his best days came opening the innings. Sachin the opener > Anwar > Sachin the middle order. I like that you were able to fit in De Silva (then again why wouldn't you be able, you just stuffed everyone in lol). That's one guy I wanted but couldn't fit him. But you left Sanath out this time. Would go with Sanath over Anwar. Symonds > klusner so you win there. I wanted Bevan but he wasn't there on the list! I have Imran over Steve. Can't really lose there, but Imran's bowling > Steve's? Biggest flaw in that line up is you're a bowler short. Only 3 bowlers! You cray! Asking too much from Steve and your part timers to bowl 20 overs.

Lastly, Warne > Chucker. Leggie > everything else. That's just my preference.
Warne (32 wickets) < Chucker (68 wickets - Yes 68) This isn't even comparison of 700 to 800. Chucker didn't have the support of McGrath in real life. Now he would be even more devastating with Wasim and McGrath taking care of things upfront. It is all in them EYES.

I bat deep. So deep that the bowlers don't have to bat at all. That means 50 overs of shear punishment. 600 runs is not out of the relm.

Between Waugh, Symond, Viv, Tendu, De Silva, and Ponting if I can't make 20 overs then I shouldn't play.

Yes Sanath > Anwar overall. May be I will change that which would give me a bowling option as well. Sanath has a 34 average where as Anwar has an average of 54. So give and take...