facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 20, 2012, 06:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Default San Diego

I will be visiting San Diego (La Jolla) with family in the 2nd week of June. Any remommendations on restaurant, sightseeing (other than zoo,seaworld) ?

Thanks in Advance.

Old May 20, 2012, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Beaches - La Jolla Shores, Torey Pines State Preserve, Coronado Beaches

You might want to try the Wild Animal Park or Legoland (depending on the age of kids) in addition to the world famous Zoo and Sea World.

You have to go to Balboa park - around the Zoo - bunches of museums around it. There is the Old Globe Theater there. The Prado at Balboa Park is an excellent restaurant.

Go walk around the La Jolla and the cove area (watch the seals). There are plenty of 5 star restaurants there if you are interested. I would recommend Piatti, George's at the Cove.

You can go to Point Loma and see the old Point Loma lighthouse. The views from here are ourstanding. You must try the famous Point Loma seafood.

In town, you have plenty to do. You can check out Petco Park, go eat at teh old Gaslamp district. You ahve to go to Historic old town - great Mexican food to be had there (Casa Banditas is one such place).

You can go to Coronado (beautiful bridge that takes you there) and go to the beach near the historic Hotel Del (that itself is a sight).

You can go to see the Cabrillo national monument.

For a more eclectic experience go to the Hillcrest area (North Park). Life and great restaurants abounds in this rainbow area.

The best restaurant ever is Cucina Urbana. This is down town. Go there and you shall not be disappointed. For appetizers, get their chicken liver pate. And their roasted jidori chicken is to die for!

Best place for steaks is Donovan's in La Jolla.

If you are in La Jolla (in addition to the one's I mentioned earlier), you can go to the Cottage for breakfast or brunch. Their California Benedict is wonderful. Tapenade is also a great one in La Jolla.

For a good Mexican experience Mission North Park (this is in Hillcrest) or El Zarape in University Heights.

Humphrey's on Shelter Island is a great place for dining with a view.

There are so many .....
Old May 22, 2012, 09:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Thanks for the great info. Sounds like there are plenty of options for great food and lots of sight seeing to do.

My son is 15 months old. So I will probably skip the legoland.