facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 8, 2014, 12:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Your Squad for the ZIM Tests

Were in shambles but we have our first ever 3 test series at home coming up with 7 more scheduled in the next 8 years. Here's my squad.

Tamim
Shamsur
Shadman
Anamul
Mominul
Shakib
Mushfiq
Nasir
Riyad
Hom
Robiul
Shafiul
Taskin
Taijul
Saqlain

Gazi and Al amin were left out unless and until they get cleared. Taskin if fit enough should be eased in with short spells of no more than 5 overs on the trot. Shadman is not ready yet but this is the best opportunity to learn. Hom deserves another series and I guess Nasir does too. Last chances for both. Saqlain makes it on his impressive performance in the A series. We need more depth at pace and variety in spin so Jubair Hossain might need to be considered soon.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old October 8, 2014, 12:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Generally it is a 14 man squad for a home series. I would either drop Nasir before the series or if he fails in the 1st test because test matches are not a place for coming back to form. They can even go with just 1 seamer as all of our seamers are crap except Taskin and Al-Amin (not available).

Tamim
Shamsur (in for 1st test and then see how he does)
Anamul
Mominul
Shakib
Mushfique
Naeem/Hom/Nasir
Mahmudullah
Taijul
Shafiul
Rubel /Saqlain

Saqlain/Rubel
Robiul
Hom/Naeem
Old October 8, 2014, 02:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Were in shambles but we have our first ever 3 test series at home coming up with 7 more scheduled in the next 8 years. Here's my squad.

Tamim
Shamsur
Shadman
Anamul
Mominul
Shakib
Mushfiq
Nasir
Riyad
Hom
Robiul
Shafiul
Taskin
Taijul
Saqlain

Gazi and Al amin were left out unless and until they get cleared. Taskin if fit enough should be eased in with short spells of no more than 5 overs on the trot. Shadman is not ready yet but this is the best opportunity to learn. Hom deserves another series and I guess Nasir does too. Last chances for both. Saqlain makes it on his impressive performance in the A series. We need more depth at pace and variety in spin so Jubair Hossain might need to be considered soon.
Pretty good squad and analysis, I still worry it's to early to bring in taskin since he already has injury issues and I think litton should be considered along with shadman. jubair did pretty well in the A team matches so I think he should be considered soon also, especially if we keep having this trouble of finding a quality test spinner.

Last edited by Gowza; October 8, 2014 at 06:50 AM..
Old October 8, 2014, 06:47 AM
Cricket Legend

My squad for Test:
Tamim
Shadman
Momin
Mushfiq
Shakib
Hom
Riad
Tajul
Saqlain
Robiul
Shafiul
Taskin
Shamsur,Liton, Arafat
Old October 8, 2014, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

1.Tamim
2.Shamsur
3.Anamul
4.Mominul
5.Shakib
6.Mushfiq
7. Nayeem/Nasir
8.Riyad
9.Taijul Islam
10.Robiul
11.Shafiul/Taskin
Elias Sunny
Liton Kumar
Old October 8, 2014, 12:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Tamim
Shamsur
Mushfiq (time to give up gloves and focus on batting)
Momin
Shakib
Riyad
Anamul (WK)
Hom
Shafiul
Taijul
Robiul

Saqlain
Rubel
Liton
Shadman
Old October 8, 2014, 12:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Tamim
Shamsur
Mushfiq (time to give up gloves and focus on batting)
Momin
Shakib
Riyad
Anamul (WK)
Hom
Shafiul
Taijul
Robiul

Saqlain
Rubel
Liton
Shadman
Love your squad except rubel. An 85 average shouldnt even qualify for the B team. But we might not have any other options. Where the hell is Nazmul!!! Surely he's better than Rubel.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 8, 2014, 01:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

We really need to forget the past year and start fresh. I expect Mominul to score heavily in the test series. He was unlucky ( umpires ) vs WI. The tracks should be flat and runs should come easy.
Old October 8, 2014, 02:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
We really need to forget the past year and start fresh. I expect Mominul to score heavily in the test series. He was unlucky ( umpires ) vs WI. The tracks should be flat and runs should come easy.
+ 1 million

3 tests, Momin should look to score at least 400 runs.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 8, 2014, 07:05 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I wouldnt prefer bringing a whole lot of debutants for the test series. Players like Mosaddek, Taskin, Liton can be tried in the ODI squad. Might be a good idea to bring in Shadman as we are once again short of a half decent opener For test... keep it simple. Heavy spin attack, best possible batting attack. No one cares about the seamers in these surfaces anyways.

Tamim
Shadman
Mominul
Shakib
Mushy
Naeem
Riyad
Taijul
Saqlain
Robiul
Al Amin

Rest: Shafiul, Shamsur, Hom, Arafat

Nasir needs to be dropped. I dont want his struggling 30s and 40s against Zimbabwe to assure his spot in the side when he performed so poorly for a long time now
Old October 8, 2014, 07:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Patience is the key, don't lose hope, don't lose focus, I know it's hard but that's what test cricket is all about. Patience, and keep the big picture in mind.
Old October 8, 2014, 11:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
I wouldnt prefer bringing a whole lot of debutants for the test series. Players like Mosaddek, Taskin, Liton can be tried in the ODI squad. Might be a good idea to bring in Shadman as we are once again short of a half decent opener For test... keep it simple. Heavy spin attack, best possible batting attack. No one cares about the seamers in these surfaces anyways.

Tamim
Shadman
Mominul
Shakib
Mushy
Naeem
Riyad
Taijul
Saqlain
Robiul
Al Amin

Rest: Shafiul, Shamsur, Hom, Arafat

Nasir needs to be dropped. I dont want his struggling 30s and 40s against Zimbabwe to assure his spot in the side when he performed so poorly for a long time now
Don't think mosaddek is anywhere near the test squad at this point, taskin is talked about because he's the most promising pacer but probably should be out of the test side for a bit longer, I think both liton and shadman should be considered for imrul's spot, I'd probably go for liton due to more experience, doing a bit better in A team and also being very good in u19s plus has a decent strike rate, shadman is slower and more inexperienced, I think to bring shadman in right this second he has to he considered a massive long term prospect otherwise liton is probably more ready for it.
Old October 9, 2014, 05:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Tamim
Shamsur
Mushfique

Mominul
Shakib
Naeem

Anamul (WK)
Mahmudullah

Taijul
Saqlain

Al-Amin/Robiul/Shafiul

Test Cricket is for experienced old school in form players. Its not a place where you bring inexperienced fresh from U19 debutants, without proper nurturing through first class cricket. Lets the youngsters learn the art of long term batting in 4 days competitions and score heavily like 200's before giving them a cap. Liton, Shadman falls in this category. Their time will come.

Hom had been struggling and did not show anything spectacular so far, so I think he needs little bit more time. So I would pick Naeem ahead of him.

This will be a batting friendly 5 days runfest, seamers might not make much impact, specially the available seamers we have. So lets the spinners do their job. Only 1 pacer is good enough. Rubel is not a Test material, yet or at least not ahead of Al Amin.

Its time Mushy gives up his gloves. He gets way too much distracted with his field setup during keeping costing valuables catches, stamping etc.

Multiple spinners will give us the opportunity getting 20 wickets and ensure a Test victory.

Its time, stop making stupid silly mistakes with team selection, toss decisions, taking pressure off with defensive fielding. Setup umbrella fielding and focus on getting wickets rather ultra defensive fielding to cut down on runs. Test cricket is about winning wickets, not slow down run rate, because once a batsmen is set, he will make up his runs anyways.

If I was the head coach, I would be very much interactive with aggressive field setup, bowling rotation, sending tips through 12th man etc. And if I win the toss, I would bat and bat my hearts out for as long as I can.

Now lets win a Test for a change, shall we?
Old October 9, 2014, 05:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Problem is BD domestic cricket doesn't teach them much.
Old October 9, 2014, 08:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

No Nasir and Anamul. They need to sort it out what they are doing wrong. No free pass in National team.

Shakib should replace Nasir. Gazi and Abul can't bowl.
Old October 9, 2014, 06:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Hopefully this time around our selectors will spend considerable amount of time doing their homework. 5 minute per day job will not cut it anymore, selectors should he help liable for players performance and then get paid accordingly. Players should be paid based on their performance as well. Spending 10 minute on the pitch batting should not be compared with someone who spends 6 hours on batting. Earn your money the hard way.
Old October 9, 2014, 06:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

For sake of bangladesh team please we need taskin ahmed on bowling line up , all other fast bowler in bangladesh line up kinda suck at this moment
Old October 9, 2014, 08:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

different names, same failure.
Old October 9, 2014, 10:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Best team bangladesh can have rite now for test only
1# tamim iqbal
2# anamul haque
3# mominul haque
4# musfiqur rahim
5# mahmudullah riyad
6# sakib al hasan
7# nasir hossain
8# rubel hossain
9# robiul islam
10#taijul islam
11# taskin ahmed
Old October 10, 2014, 04:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Shamsur has only played 4 tests, should get a couple more series in the XI, however I think it's important to bring up the next in line now not only to prepare them if they are to play in a couple of series but also to prepare them long term so I'd definitely bring one of shadman or liton into the squad this series, hom only just came into the test side so should be given more chances, both Riyad and nasir get picked though probably only one can play, saqlain or jubair come in as back-up spinner. There is no way I'd pick rubel I'd take robiul, shafiul and al amin if cleared before rubel, I'd probably even bring taskin in even though I think we should wait on him.
Old October 10, 2014, 05:20 PM
Cricket Sage

http://www.dhakatribune.com/cricket/...imbabwe-series

30 man training camp squad has already been finalized. Shadman and Shahid in the squad looks like. Al Amin should focus on passing his test...he knows what questions they will ask, needs to study.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 12, 2014, 12:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Tamim
Shadman
Mushfiq
Mominul
Shakib
Bijoy
Riyad
Taijul
Al Amin
Shafiul
Robiul

Sajib
Rubel
Shamsur
Hom
Old October 12, 2014, 03:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

i'm just glad i can count on tamim to score 20-something runs and then get out. at least he's consistent in getting 20-something runs on the board. after that, the biryani starts to get cold. and cold biryani doesnt taste very good.
Old October 12, 2014, 04:02 PM
Banned

Saqlain deserves to start! I don't know how he will fit in the starting XI!

His First class record is outstanding! I am assuming the best in the country!
Old October 12, 2014, 06:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
Saqlain deserves to start! I don't know how he will fit in the starting XI!

His First class record is outstanding! I am assuming the best in the country!
S.shuvo had a great record before his debut, domestic numbers aren't always the best indication, plus taijul only just got into the xi, don't think he should be discarded so soon and with shakib back I'm not sure the xi needs 3 front line spinners considering Riyad will probably be in the xi and mominul can even throw down a few, hom is another who may make the xi and he bowls to. Will be tough for either of sqlain or jubair to make the xi imo unless the selectors were not impressed with taijul.