facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 24, 2016, 12:07 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default T20 Batting line up: play the seniors up the order

From the first match it seems clear that our batting approach is all wrong. What management has to see is that it is a 20 over game. For far too long, we have these momentum suckers such as Imrul, Riyadh and etc. eating up way too much deliveries. No matter how we look at it, Shakib and Mushy are the core and it's no help when they come in after 14 overs or so.

For the Asia cup, I think we are better off pushing Shabbir as an opener, then have Shakib at 3 and Mushfiq at 4. There's no point saving them for later over as we could never keep up with the required Run rate. And Nasir could come in as a number 7.

Old February 24, 2016, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Agree, what is the point in having them at 5,6,7
Old February 24, 2016, 12:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Because, the few times the seniors have been brought up the order in this format you will see 2/3 them go gung-ho from ball 1 swinging their bat at everything and then get dismissed cheaply. The hilarious part is when the seniors are sent down to 5,6,7 when they are required to swing at practically everything by the time they come to the crease due to a high rrr, you will see them only taking singles and blocking deliveries

What to do then?
Old February 24, 2016, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Said this many many times.

Mushy and Shakib are no sloggers. They need to bat though. Riyad is living on the edge in this format for some time now doing what he does best..just doing enough to keep his spot.

Would be my XI but it ain't happening.

Tamim
SS
Mushy
Sabbir
Shakib
Litton
Nurul
Mash
Rony
Mustafiz
Al Amin
Old February 24, 2016, 12:14 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

- Kayes not the WC squad but gets to play in the XI over 2 others guys (Nasir and Sohan) who are in the WC squad

- Kayes who is a opener bats at 4

- Our best bat, Shakib and Mushy comes to bat after 10 overs when game is almost over
- Don't wanna say anything about Mithun coz we have seen how incapable batsman he is previously. Gets picked because he performed in practice games

Talk about planning
Old February 24, 2016, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Team management aka Hathuri and Mashrafe have to give proper explanation for this piss poor planning. We lost the game because of poor strategy. Aside from Mithun and Imrul, how come Taskin plays t20? He is just not a t20 player. Absolute shambles.
Old February 24, 2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Because, the few times the seniors have been brought up the order in this format you will see 2/3 them go gung-ho from ball 1 swinging their bat at everything and then get dismissed cheaply. The hilarious part is when the seniors are sent down to 5,6,7 when they are required to swing at practically everything by the time they come to the crease due to a high rrr, you will see them only taking singles and blocking deliveries

What to do then?
Yes they have failed a few times, but they are our best chance. When we have crap such as Imrul, mithun and co who will play and miss their way to score of 20 at a strike rate of 60, not only are we going to be in a bad position, but momentum is completely lost, and it creates unnecessary pressure to players such as Mushfiq, Shakib and Shabbir.

Like it or not, for us to win either of Tamim, Soumya, Shakib, Shabbir, Mushfiq needs to stay till the end. We are not a team that can up the ante towards the end. We are momentum team be it fielding or Batting. For us to chase a large target, we need to keep up with the rate from the initial overs, which we are starting to do in ODI as set by Soumya and Tamim.
Old February 24, 2016, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

These Imruls and Mithuns have zero application when it comes to playing crunch games and on difficult wickets.

I am not a fan of Anamul or Nafees, but i would rather have these two than Imrul and Mithun who clearly aren't cut for international cricket. The best T20 teams bat heavy up top, so Mushy and Shakib need to bat up top and as for Riad, drop him if he cannot be slotted anywhere else
Old February 24, 2016, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Batting order never been sorted out for T20s. What is Mushy and mullah both not big hitters doing so low? Especially Mushy.
Here is how the order should be:

Soumya
Sabbir
Mushy
Shakib
Mullah
Nassir
Nurul
Mash
Abu Haider
Al Amin
Mustafizur

Reason for leaving out Taskin. He is pace but not good control and in t20s you will go distance with that sort of bowling. Haider is probably the best yorker man in the nation, a must in t20s plus he can swing a bit. Taskin on the other hand seems suited to ODI bowling.
Sabbir opening and why? In this format Sabbir Rahman is almost an opener anyway he goes in early in almost every t20 matches he has been playing at #3 so whats the harm in opening with him? Might aswell, it opens up another slot then.
Mushy has to be in the top 4, no two ways about this, plain and simple. Mushy and Shakib #3 and #4 makes the batting look so much stronger.

When Tamim is back for world T20 Sabbir goes back to #3, Mushy #4 Shakib #5 and top 5 will be like this:
Tamim
Soumya
Sabbir
Mushy
Shakib
Sometimes you could send maybe Shakib at #3 or move one of the #3-#5 around. I feel Sabbir is suited to anywhere in top #5, he is the only real deal t20 style/calibre batsmen we have and maybe it wont be a bad idea sometimes trying him at #5 for big hits later on as we dont have much quality t20 hitting ability after a few batsmen in the top 5.

BD Need to get the top 5 sorted in this short format very crucial you have your best and most experienced batters at top.
Old February 24, 2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
These Imruls and Mithuns have zero application when it comes to playing crunch games and on difficult wickets.

I am not a fan of Anamul or Nafees, but i would rather have these two than Imrul and Mithun who clearly aren't cut for international cricket. The best T20 teams bat heavy up top, so Mushy and Shakib need to bat up top and as for Riad, drop him if he cannot be slotted anywhere else
Actually I don't think we need anymore top order batsmen. I think we have far too many "Technical Batsmen". We actually need to think of pure lower order batsmen. Nasir, Zia, or someone like Aftab. Actually come to think of it, Aftab would have been great for this format down the order. He was just a pure brainless slogger without fear, and thats what we need after 15 over.
Old February 24, 2016, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Actually I don't think we need anymore top order batsmen. I think we have far too many "Technical Batsmen". We actually need to think of pure lower order batsmen. Nasir, Zia, or someone like Aftab. Actually come to think of it, Aftab would have been great for this format down the order. He was just a pure brainless slogger without fear, and thats what we need after 15 over.
True we are missing someone like Aftab. Nasir is skinny and Zia was a blind slogger with muscles.

Aftab's fearlessness made him a really potent player for T20s. I remember him winning us a match vs WI in 2007 T20 WC.

Its a shame that we don't have someone like Hardik Pandya. IPL is finally helping Indian players. Which makes us realizes that BPL need to be given more importance and not to be played on dead wickets
Old February 24, 2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Batting order never been sorted out for T20s. What is Mushy and mullah both not big hitters doing so low? Especially Mushy.

Soumya
Sabbir
Mushy
Shakib
Mullah
Nassir
Nurul
Mash
Abu Haider
Al Amin
Mustafizur

Reason for leaving out Taskin. He is pace but not good control and in t20s you will go distance with that sort of bowling. Haider is probably the best yorker man in the nation, a must in t20s plus he can swing a bit. Taskin on the other hand seems suited to ODI bowling.
Sabbir opening and why? In this format Sabbir Rahman is almost an opener anyway he goes in early in almost every t20 matches he has been playing at #3 so whats the harm in opening with him? Might aswell, it opens up another slot then.
Mushy has to be in the top 4, no two ways about this, plain and simple. Mushy and Shakib #3 and #4 makes the batting look so much stronger.

When Tamim is back for world T20 Sabbir goes back to #3, Mushy #4 Shakib #5 and top 5 will be like this:
Tamim
Soumya
Sabbir
Mushy
Shakib
Sometimes you could send maybe Shakib at #3 or move one of the #3-#5 around. I feel Sabbir is suited to anywhere in top #5, he is the only real deal t20 style/calibre batsmen we have and maybe it wont be a bad idea sometimes trying him at #5 for big hits later on as we dont have much quality t20 hitting ability after a few batsmen in the top 5.

BD Need to get the top 5 sorted in this short format very crucial you have your best and most experienced batters at top.
I like the way you think. I think you got it spot on for the Asia Cup line up. For the WT20, we need to try out our search for more pure sloggers. I mean, we are the country that gave the world Ashraful and Aftab damn it!
Old February 24, 2016, 12:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

throw the names in a hat, shake it a little, then pick the 1st eleven.
Old February 24, 2016, 12:51 PM
Test Cricketer

We need Ashraful and Aftab

Even after ages, these two are probably still the best we produced for T20's
Old February 24, 2016, 12:55 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We can shuffle all we want it wont matter. Apart from Shabbir nobody else knows how to bat in t20. The decision to send Mithun to open was mind boggling on a seaming wicket. What was the thinking! I hope this is the last we see of kayes. Just push Ryad to open with Soumya until Tamim is back.
Old February 24, 2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
We can shuffle all we want it wont matter. Apart from Shabbir nobody else knows how to bat in t20. The decision to send Mithun to open was mind boggling on a seaming wicket. What was the thinking! I hope this is the last we see of kayes. Just push Ryad to open with Soumya until Tamim is back.
Pushing Riyad to open will at best give us something like 20 runs off 30 balls with us at probably 5 runs an over and then losing two quick wickets.
Old February 24, 2016, 01:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25

Soumya
Sabbir
Mushy
Shakib
Mullah
Nassir
Nurul
Mash
Abu Haider
Al Amin
Mustafizur

Tamim
Soumya
Sabbir
Mushy
Shakib

100 percent agree with this and this our best chance for t20 wc imo. Good post.
Old February 24, 2016, 01:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

This would be my XI for the next few matches:
Soumya
Shabbir
Mushfiq
Riyad
Sohan
Nasir
Shakib
Mash
Al-Amin
Mustafiz
Arafat Sunny/Abu Haider (Sunny is a must against UAE)

Shabbir practically opened in this match so I'm keen to test him out as an actual opener. Shakib should be used as a floater - send him up the order provided we have a solid base and need some quick runs otherwise he should come lower down the order and just go for the shots.
Old February 24, 2016, 02:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

^Or maybe try Sohan as an opener and Shabbir can continue at 3. Either way can't be any worse than the status quo.