facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 4, 2004, 12:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman
Default pace attack

okay... i'm thinkin long term here.

i believe our spin attack will always be fine with the upcoming players like rana, enamul jr., babu and the others. but how about our pace attack. after all the injuries are gone, we would have a lot more options available.

more specifically, who do we choose from masri, tapash, sharif, talha (within a year he should be ready), monju, mushfique, and the rest (unless monir, kabir, and tareq improves real fast, i am not really considering them for the team)

your thoughtful thoughts please, my dear thinkers

Old February 4, 2004, 02:37 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

If all are fit then my choice would be Masri, Tapash and Sharif; 2 spinners Rafiq and one of the younger ones.

I don't really believe that Monju will be able to make a comeback at this stage in his career.
Old February 4, 2004, 02:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

i think at most we would only use four specialized bowlers in any match, along with any all-rounder. masri and rafique are automatics. tapash has also earned a long term spot in the team. between sharif and talha, talha has more pace but sharif has more variations.

in the end, it'll always come down to the pitch.
Old February 4, 2004, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

My broad and general thoughts. Irrespective of who the pacers are, we need to examine both Harare and Bulawayo pitch and see what type of bowler performs there. These 2 pitches might behave differently and if so try out a fit. Just a thought.
Old February 4, 2004, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

md sharif hasn't played cricket in something like 2 years!
Old February 4, 2004, 10:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Default time to look to the future for pace

ICE: Talk us through some of the players in the World cup squad.
Mcinnes: Well, I've been impressed a lot with our pace bowlers. There is Talha (Jubair) who has already played international cricket and who has a very good head on his shoulders. Then there is Rubayat Huq who is a miniature Glen McGrath, Najmul Hussain who has a big heart and can bowl all day and of course Kazi Shahadat Hossain Rajib who will definitely be a test opening bowler in the future. We also seem to be churning out quality left arm spinners by the lot, so much so that I had to leave out a quality bowler like Arafat Sunny who could have easily walked into most of the other World Cup squads. I also have a lot of faith in my batting department, especially the opening batters. Nafis has a lot of talent and will play for many years in the national team and so is Nayeem Islam. Then Ashiqur Rahman is an excellent middle order bat as well as an excellent tactician. And of course, there is Aftab Hussain who has a very good technique against short-pitched bowling. We also have some quality all rounders like Nadif Chowdhury who is our number one all rounder who can bowl some very good off spin and is a potential test quality batsman. Then there's Abdul Bashar bowling his quick offspinners and is the best fielder in the team. Last but not least, Dhiman Gosh will be our wicketkeeper and he can open the batting too if one of our openers is injured.
Old February 4, 2004, 11:36 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
I don't really believe that Monju will be able to make a comeback at this stage in his career.
But he can return as partner to Tapash in One-Day cricket. All he has to do (and this goes for Rafique too; though Rafique is in terrific form right now) is work on his fielding.