facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 19, 2015, 08:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I obviously don't understand Urdu. I thought they are having a humble pie eating ceremony or sth. Thought at first that Saq said he got scared that we will whitewash them.

Hmmm... oh well who cares
LOL...that's what I thought too. Thanks Mufi for the translation.

Old April 19, 2015, 08:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

I understand Hindi from so much Bollywood stuff back in the day. Hence I understand urdu too. I can clearly tell you one thing, they way they talked in these videos its with such arrogance, snobbish manner. Really, tasteless, classless, unprofessional, so called cricketing experts on their channels.
Old April 19, 2015, 08:47 PM
BC Editorial Team

Ah the bellyaching and navel gazing. To be fair they are more acerbic towards their own board and players. I did find the whole "player by player Pakistan and Bangladesh are well matched skill wise" comment to be ridiculous.
Old April 19, 2015, 08:49 PM
BC Editorial Team

Also it burned a lot to see Sheikh Mujib's daughter waving a flag on a win against them. Awww poor babies. Again I say, karama is a mohila kukur.
Old April 19, 2015, 08:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Said it some where else will say it again. I aint got nothing against the good people. But their media, cricket "experts" makes me wish they keep losing and I hope they suffer at the hands of all the teams, future games.

Look at how Sunil Gavaskar gave such nice fair praises to BD before the QF. Least some, Every nations cricket experts/pundits, do try giving credit its due.. But Pakistanis medias so called cricket experts are utter snobby classless bunch!
Old April 19, 2015, 11:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Dont think we should have this Saqlain back for any more free holiday trips to BD.

His last stint with us AFAIK wasn't very effective. He coached Gazi who was later called for chucking and dont think shakib needs to learn anything from Saq that he already doesn't know.
Old April 19, 2015, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't understand this foreign language. Any insight on what they are talking about? Perhaps a small summary?
Old April 19, 2015, 11:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

people keep saying flat track this and that, they couldn't even make 250. If you bowl well, you can keep a team down and that's what we did.
Old April 19, 2015, 11:31 PM
Cricket Legend

^^This. Most of us don't speak Hindi. What are these guys jabbering about?
Old April 19, 2015, 11:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_realist
This imbecile Saqlain should never ever be allowed to enter our border. We should never tolerate him, never ever.
I could not believe how much hatred saqlain has towards our players and how lowly he thinks of us as a team! people like him say lot of good things when they need you, but inside they have no respect for us, just pure jealousy and hatred. by the way, he does not look like a 37-38 years old according to his listed official age...
Old April 19, 2015, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

I hope people can now understand why we should not appoint certain people as our coaches.
Old April 20, 2015, 12:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
^^This. Most of us don't speak Hindi. What are these guys jabbering about?
I dunno what they are saying, I dunno any hindi/urdu, I was just saying from I heard around the www, in english.
Old April 20, 2015, 01:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Analysis after the 1st game

i have to admit this host is one of the best host i have ever seen, such a control over the show and very neutral
Old April 20, 2015, 01:49 AM

You have lost respect? Why??

Isn't it rational that they are upset after a series loss to Bangladesh? Didn't we get upset when we lost to the Afghans or the Zimbabweans?
Old April 20, 2015, 01:59 AM
Cricket Savant

ekhane eto chete jawar emon kichui hoy nai

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 20, 2015, 02:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
You have lost respect? Why??

Isn't it rational that they are upset after a series loss to Bangladesh? Didn't we get upset when we lost to the Afghans or the Zimbabweans?
We unlike Paks credited the opposition. Said the better team won
Old April 20, 2015, 02:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

I think I have more respect for the Israelis than most "Paksters". Okay, that might be bordering trolling. But, the fact is, Israel seems to have more sane, intelligent, humble and humanist amongst its ranks than our "fellow" musolman biradren.

We need to bring them down to earth and remind them of their earthly nature. At this moment they are still flying high like Shaitan Iblis thinking they are somehow superior because of their "origin" and will not acknowledge others. Kirket, indeed, is a great metaphor.

I expected a 3-0 drubbing in the ODIs. A Test Series win. Don't care much about circus cricket. Lets go and get 'em tigers! Put them out of their miseries!
Old April 20, 2015, 03:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

I read that many of you dont understand Urdu. Well I lived almost a decade in Dubai, had loads of Pakistani friends..so pretty much understand Urdu. I'll try to give a short summary of all the videos posted at a go -

In the video where Saqlain was present, the host was extremely pissed (and being sarcastic towards their own management) and Saq was downright arrogant. The middle guy sitting there commented that Pakistani bowlers made Tamim in-form, as he was 50 runs for 70 odd bowls in the 1st ODI (which he thinks isnt good). However, the host kept asking 1 question throughout - Bangladesh improved a lot no doubt, but why arent we being able to improve? Saq pointed out that they should not have gone to Bangladesh for a series in the first place.

In the other videos, that was basically the question everyone kept asking. In the one video with Rashid Latif, they showed how Pakistan lost their last 5 ODI series and one of the panelist said "when you lose to Bangladesh, then only the bell rings, which should have happened a long ago". They all toned their voice in a such a way is basically, "Bangladesh improved bhalo kotha, to amra ki kortesi". Their tone clearly indicates that losing to a team like Bangladesh isnt something that can be accepted, regardless of with whom others you lose against.

There was one with Mohammad Yousuf, and hes the ONLY one I found who didnt forget to credit a bit to Bangladesh. He said its not the Pak players' fault but management's. And then he said (after the first ODI), "I am a fan of Mushfiqur, amazing world class batsman he became in the last 1.5 years" and then went on talking about how its all PCB's fault.

There you go. Hope I have been able to make it a bit clear! Cheers and lets make the Banglawash!
Old April 20, 2015, 03:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Thank you, OYG.

The gist: One is a Pakka Mullah (Yusuf)
Other is a Bhondo Mullah (Chukmal Snr)?
Old April 20, 2015, 06:19 AM
Cricket Legend

About the game itself.

I'm surprised no one here talking about Ajmals chucking again in the over he got Mullah bowled. Definitely reverted back to his old action! Icc needs to look at this
Old April 20, 2015, 06:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
I could not believe how much hatred saqlain has towards our players and how lowly he thinks of us as a team! people like him say lot of good things when they need you, but inside they have no respect for us, just pure jealousy and hatred. by the way, he does not look like a 37-38 years old according to his listed official age...
Exactly same thing i posted on other tread after watching saqlain How he was mentaly retarted through his comments towrds our cricket and players. Shame we hired this guy and paid him. Such snizzy snake kind of character. I lost all my respect towards him. The mullahi tupi an Dari all are fake and disgusie of Satanism in him.
Old April 20, 2015, 07:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
Exactly same thing i posted on other tread after watching saqlain How he was mentaly retarted through his comments towrds our cricket and players. Shame we hired this guy and paid him. Such snizzy snake kind of character. I lost all my respect towards him. The mullahi tupi an Dari all are fake and disgusie of Satanism in him.
I think we should keep one's religious aspect out of this and the let the judging be left for The All mighty.

However Bangladesh should never appoint a Pakistani as I feel most Pakistanis I have met tend to hold a superiotiy complex towards us.

Im ashamed to see so many Bangladeshis that support the Pakistan team.
Old April 20, 2015, 07:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

Also interestingly, the host in one of the shows mentioned Arafat about chucking and indicated to Saq as if he knew about it. Saq gave a cheeky smile and took the safer route saying.. 'ICC will do its work"..
Old April 20, 2015, 08:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

hmmm! Did I see a different video (1st one)? I thought it was funny (all throughout) and very true picture of Pak cricket. And I really laughed out loud. May be with a grain of salt you need to watch these videos. These are targeted towards their audience.

It came to me they were purely blaming/blasting their board (PCB) from up/down/front/back any and every imaginable way. Before the WC, at the WC, after WC. Player selection (Rashid Latif got some stick). They have every right to do so. Every sentence had a back handed smack to the board. The host was furious on the way Pak lost. Losing is okay to him for a restructured team but the nature of the loss got to him. Gave full credit to Tamim Iqbal's back to back centuries and stats, Mushi's beating - "And you claim you possess the best bowling attack". Then he went on to fitness issues - blasted their physios as well.

Saq was targeted by the host. The host was injecting every sentence he was trying to make a point. The questions were fired in a way to put Saq in between rock and hard place. Saq was fine to me. He said the right things mostly. He didn't blame any players. He went after the higher-ups. He mentioned if this continues then even Zim and Ireland would take over them. He was afraid of a whitewash before the match. (That is what happening) He did blame the board for sending the team without much preparation and gelling.
Old April 20, 2015, 09:11 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I was disappointed with Saq. During the innings break analysis, he seemed very confident of BD collapsing. Host kept reminding him of Tamim, Mahmudullah, Mushfiq can chase this but he said no no they can't. Then after the match I saw the show for an hour. Very little praise for any of the BD players. Hassan Cheema (who writes for cricinfo) praised Mushy and the host did once or twice. He even asked Saq that you coached BD and jokingly said taught tricks to Shakib and others. Saq avoided the answer. For an hour he acted like its the end of the world and kept saying "I have no words left in me, nothing to say..this is so embarrassing". Goes to show how much he valued the team he coached not too long ago.