facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 25, 2009, 01:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Default Stats comparison of our batsmen (Oct 25, 2007 - Oct 25, 2009)

Here's the stats from last 2 years of our batsmen. Many people criticize Ashraful for his inconstency and lack of improvements. No this is not another Ashraful thread. This is just a comparison of our batsmen's average of last 2 years.

Except Tamim and Ashraful no one really improved their average in this time period.

Last column is for average differences (Average in last 2 year - Average before 2 years). That is the improvements the player made in last 2 years. Players with N/A didn't play any games before OCT 25, 2007. Riyad played only 1 game and scored 36 in it.

Players
MatInnsNORunsHSAverageSR100500Cur. AvgAvg before 2 yrsAvg Dif
Tamim Iqbal43
Shakib Al Hasan36
34396710831.1983.8627134.6139.04-7.85
Raqibul Hasan31
3037998929.5963.2106229.59N/AN/A
Mohammad Ashraful43
Mahmudullah Riyad31
25848358*28.4166.4302028.83N/AN/A
Naeem Islam19
15720446*25.5058.1100225.50N/AN/A
Mushfiqur Rahim29
2844919820.4566.7101322.0224.71-4.26
Junaed Siddique24
2304338518.8259.2302418.82N/AN/A

If you see something wrong in the table, please correct me.

Last edited by Murad; October 25, 2009 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: Changed the average difference........thanks to Miraz bhai..:)

Old October 25, 2009, 01:45 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I think the basic nature of this comparison is flawed. If you want to get a clearer picture, you should compare the averages of the last 2 years with the averages excluding last 2 years, not the career average. Career average also takes last 2 years performance into account.
Old October 25, 2009, 01:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I think the basic nature of this comparison is flawed. If you want to get a clearer picture, you should compare the averages of the last 2 years with the averages excluding last 2 years, not the career average. Career average also takes last 2 years performance into account.
You are right, Miraz bhai. I will change it now. Thanks
Old October 25, 2009, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Good idea.
Old October 25, 2009, 05:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Btw, I've exluded Imrul and Mehrab from the list as they didn't play enough games. Imrul played only 3 games and Mehrab 7/8.
Old October 25, 2009, 05:09 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Great work Murad bhai. it wiill be even bettter if u can also do comparison fot the bowler

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 25, 2009, 07:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Great work Murad bhai. it wiill be even bettter if u can also do comparison fot the bowler

I could do that too..but the the thing is none of our main bowlers played enough games in this time period. Rasel and Mash were injured most of the time. Other bowlers started in 2009.

Most of our main batsmen played enough games in this period..thats why I made the comparison between them.

Some people criticize Ashrful a lot for not improving but the table shows he has improved a lot in last 2 years.
Old October 25, 2009, 07:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
You are right, Miraz bhai. I will change it now. Thanks
Murad Vai i am waiting for ur such a good work

Old October 25, 2009, 07:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Murad Vai i am waiting for ur such a good work

Rubel bhai, I already did it. Please check the first post again..
Old October 25, 2009, 07:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

good stuff...didn't realize ash averaged 29 over the last two years.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 25, 2009, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Thats why i said in a post (Tiered:Will Ash survive in test cricket) that Ash's performance in ODI is not bad and probably he will survive well in ODI.Good to see that Tamim,Ash,Raquibul,Shakib,Mahmudullah all this 5 batsman are scoring around 30 runs per innings for last 2 years thats great.
That means if some one wants to replace any one of this list he will have to score above 30 runs per innings. How many of our pipe line players have this type of capability?
Thanks Murad vai for a nice work.If u can do this stat for test matches i ll be very greatful to u.

Last edited by M.H.Rubel; October 25, 2009 at 10:25 PM..
Old October 25, 2009, 10:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

great work Murad, definitely u deserve a credit for this.

can u make a comparison with our present national team VS Zimbabwe present team comparison, that wud be interesting to see.
Old October 25, 2009, 11:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Good Work. There are some improvement. But will it be continued by them?
Old October 26, 2009, 02:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Very good Murad Jan.

In fact it should be absolutely clear to regular followers of BD cricket that Ash, Tamim, Shakib these are still the core players of our team. Ash is performing in almost all test series in recent times.

Why those anti Ash threads are coming up? That might be out of extreme love or extreme hate only.
Old October 26, 2009, 01:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Thanks Murad vai for a nice work.If u can do this stat for test matches i ll be very greatful to u.

I could do that but I think we didn't play that many Tests in last 2 years. And some of our main players were injured as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
great work Murad, definitely u deserve a credit for this.

can u make a comparison with our present national team VS Zimbabwe present team comparison, that wud be interesting to see.
I would love to do that but it will take long time to do so and I don't think its important anyways. We will be able to see their current average from CI page when the game starts
Old October 26, 2009, 01:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Very good Murad Jan.

In fact it should be absolutely clear to regular followers of BD cricket that Ash, Tamim, Shakib these are still the core players of our team. Ash is performing in almost all test series in recent times.

Why those anti Ash threads are coming up? That might be out of extreme love or extreme hate only.
Thanks BanFan,
Yeah its clear that in ODI cricket, these 3 are not replacable at the moment. They are our main batsmen. Some people just don't like Ash thats why they always want to see him out of the team. And I hope this will clear up their mind as you said.

Btw, he didn't do well in Test cricket in last 2/3 series. He failed in WI and he also failed in BD against Srilanka except that one century.
Old October 26, 2009, 04:50 PM
Cricket Sage

If Ash, Tamim, Shakib are our core batsman, then these three need to perform accordingly. i.e. at the end of the series, these three should be the top three scorer in BD team. Anything less by any of them should be considered as a failure.
With recognition, its comes with added responsibility. With the argument that these three are indeed our top three batsmans, they should not be be compared with others as excuse, i.e. they shouldn't be compared with Junaid or Roakibul or Naeem or Ryiad for example as they are not considered the core and their responsibility is less than the core batsman.

If you consider Ash as the core batsman in our team, then thats fine, but as I said its comes with additional responsibility and he (along with Tamim and Sakib) need to perform like one in game in game out.

If I have to guess, I doubt that Ash will be the top three scorer ceeding Ryiad. Most likely Riyad, and (may be) Rokibul or Junaid will score more runs than Ash in this series.
Old October 26, 2009, 11:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
. . .

If I have to guess, I doubt that Ash will be the top three scorer ceeding Ryiad. Most likely Riyad, and (may be) Rokibul or Junaid will score more runs than Ash in this series.
I dont know u ll be correct or not but if the format is ODI,VENUE IS IN SUBCONTINENT,AND OPPOSITION DOES NOT HAVE GOOD QUALITY PACE BOWLERS THEN EID day comes of ash very frequently.

Old October 27, 2009, 01:40 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Good work Murad.

It is very sad to see our batsmen still stuck in their 20's, not their age, but their average.
Anything less than 35+ is unacceptable and it indicates the performance we have had over the years.

Sakib standing tall above the rest but the likes of Tamim,Ash and Rakibul needs to up their ante.
They are in the team solely as a batmen and it is upto them to take the charge of the batting order.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 27, 2009, 01:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Thanks, Rabz bhai..

Actually Tamim is the one who has done better than all the other batsmen in last 2 years. Shakib is 2nd. See "Average" column, which is for last 2 years.

Our top 4 batsmen did quite well in last 2 years. 30+ average would have been much better though.
Old October 27, 2009, 08:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Coming back with the concept of Ash, Tamim and Shakib as our core players in batting.

Its just one game, so individually a player may have a bad day so i will withhold my comment bit longer. However its enough to say cumulatively about the so called "core players" in Bangladesh team.

The so called "core players" (Tamim, Ashraful, Sakib) scored a grand total of 38 run with an average of ~ 13 runs each.

Whereas our three non core players (picking the top 3 from them) scored 118 runs (Mushfiq, Dollar, Naeem) with an average of 39 runs each. None of our so called "core" players in the top three in individual run scored. None... Nada.... not even one

So what that tells us so far?

Did we chose some bhua players as our core players? Or the concept of core players in our team is a bhua concept? Or Both?