facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 27, 2017, 02:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Your immediate Test lineup

Lots of debate, but what would you say is the absolute best XI that you would like to see for the forseeable future? Obviously you can't pick a U-19 player as thats too far ahead to be realistic right now.

Imagine this is the lineup for the SL series in January. My team would be thus:

1. Tamim
2. Imrul/Soumya
3. Mushfiqur
4. Mominul
5. Mosaddek
6. Shakib
7. Nurul (+)
8. Miraz
9. Taijul/3rd seamer overseas
10. Taskin
11. Mustafiz

With two left handed openers, having Mushy and Musa at 3 and 5 gives some left-right variation. We bat down to #8 and have a tall WK who can grab wides and leg byes Mushy and Liton would miss without sacrficing on batting too much (if at all).

Shanto, Ibadat, Sabbir, and Liton can be our bench.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old September 27, 2017, 04:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Not sold on Mosaddek yet, hard to make a judgement after only one Test. He won't be fit in next 3-6 months anyway.

I rather recall Naeem for the SL series, unless Sabbir makes himself hard to bench during SA series.

It's painfully clear by now that Taskin is not cut for longer formats. Unless things change during SA series, I would rather stick with Roy as a stop gap option for the time being.
Old September 27, 2017, 04:19 PM
Cricket Guru

BTW, I like the idea of promoting Mushfiq at #3, giving gloves to someone else. But, expect to hear lots of whines if he is forced to do that.
Old September 27, 2017, 05:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Mine would be:

Tamim
Liton
Shanto
Mominul
Mushy
Shakib
Sabbir
Miraz
Saifuddin/taijul
Fizz
taskin

Think the xi and the squad in the OP are really good especially if shanto and liton aren't able to step up yet.

But liton and shanto yet to prove themselves, Sabbir still has work to do but recent signs are good
Old September 27, 2017, 06:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Not sold on Mosaddek yet, hard to make a judgement after only one Test. He won't be fit in next 3-6 months anyway.

I rather recall Naeem for the SL series, unless Sabbir makes himself hard to bench during SA series.

It's painfully clear by now that Taskin is not cut for longer formats. Unless things change during SA series, I would rather stick with Roy as a stop gap option for the time being.
Might as well pick the bowler who looks threatening for stop gap ie Taskin. If you factor in dropped catches, missed reviews, genuine chances, Taskin would be no worse than Roy (who averages nearly 60) and has a much higher ceiling. That one spell alone in Christchurch Taskin beat the bat 5-6 times.

Mosaddek may be slighly weak against pace...but he's Lara like against spin albeit only faced a mediocre spin attack so far.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 27, 2017, 11:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
BTW, I like the idea of promoting Mushfiq at #3, giving gloves to someone else. But, expect to hear lots of whines if he is forced to do that.
Mushy is our best batsman if you put him at #4 or afterwards. But if you put him at #3 then he will so spectacularly fail that he will be out of Test team with a year.

I guess Mushy is not a fool and will vehemently oppose such move.
Old September 30, 2017, 04:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

I am not yet convinced about Taskin bowling in a test match ... ....

but again Donny know who can convince me .... ....
Old September 30, 2017, 04:39 AM
Cricket Sage

200 for 4 now.

Looks better than 103 for 3 when Mushy fell.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 30, 2017, 04:39 AM
Cricket Sage

...more importantly 4 singles in a row to throw Maharaj's lines off. Good stuff!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 30, 2017, 05:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

This is the best line-up we can possibly sport at the moment.

1.Tamim Iqbal
2.Souyma/Liton Das
3.Mominul
4.Mushfiqur
5.Mosaddek
6.Shakib.
7.Sabbir
8.Mehedi
9.Shahid
10.Roy
11Mustafiz
Old September 30, 2017, 05:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
This is the best line-up we can possibly sport at the moment.

1.Tamim Iqbal
2.Souyma/Liton Das
3.Mominul
4.Mushfiqur
5.Mosaddek
6.Shakib.
7.Sabbir
8.Mehedi
9.Shahid
10.Roy
11Mustafiz
WK can't open, and if Mushy keeps he can't bat at 4.
Sabbir's place will depend on how he does this series.
Shahid is a wife beater and also probably has missed his chance anyways.
Roy is no better than Taskin and has way less potential.

We need to bring in Ibadat as we are struggling in the seam bowling dept. Shafiul did a decent job as the 3rd quick this game, but we need more. Rubel, Rabbi, Roy are no solution.

We also need a leg or chinaman spinner.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 30, 2017, 05:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
WK can't open, and if Mushy keeps he can't bat at 4.
Sabbir's place will depend on how he does this series.
Shahid is a wife beater and also probably has missed his chance anyways.
Roy is no better than Taskin and has way less potential.

We need to bring in Ibadat as we are struggling in the seam bowling dept. Shafiul did a decent job as the 3rd quick this game, but we need more. Rubel, Rabbi, Roy are no solution.

We also need a leg or chinaman spinner.
Ibadat, that guy hasn't even lit up in the A-team matches or the domestic scene. Abu jayed, is more likely to get into the side, than Ibadat.
Old September 30, 2017, 08:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Ibadat, that guy hasn't even lit up in the A-team matches or the domestic scene. Abu jayed, is more likely to get into the side, than Ibadat.
Yasir Arafat Mishu then. Hope he is at least 135-140 kph.

Taskin should get this series and if he doesn't get at least a few wickets drop him for a young up coming pacer like Ibadat or Mishu. Abu Jayed I dont think is good enough for this level.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 30, 2017, 09:05 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:

Taskin should get this series and if he doesn't get at least a few wickets drop him for a young up coming pacer like Ibadat or Mishu. Abu Jayed I dont think is good enough for this level.
yea as if pace does jack **** these days... Our best bowler is Fizz and its not because he is fast but because he uses this thing called a brain when he is bowling. Ibadat is barely effective for his clubs and ncl teams...
Old September 30, 2017, 09:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Ebadat hasn't played enough, he just doesn't get enough games so we don't really know what he's capable of. Would surely have to pick saifuddin or Abu hider ahead of any other young pacers atm right? I mean they are the most experienced of the young guys.
Old September 30, 2017, 09:20 PM

I would go with

Tamim
Liton
Mominul
Nafees
Mushy
Shakib
Riyad
Miraz
Taijul
Shahid
Fizz

Extras: Soumya, Roy, Al Amin, Nasir

Our next series is against Sri Lanka so thats what my squad is based on. Keeping Mosaddek out because his return is unpredictable at this point.. Him returning would mean he takes Riyads spot and Riyad goes to the bench dropping Nasir. No place for Imrul, Shabbir. Only giving Soumya an outside chance cause he did score some runs in patches. Want Nafees in the side and I think he can be valuable against spin. Liton opened after keeping for 147 overs so I am confident he can do it. If anything, Mushy can keep one innings to take pressure off. He brings a righty lefty combo. For bowling Shahid is a must.. can bowl consistent line and length and keep it tight which is what we need from a seamer. Al Amin on any given day is a better seamer then Shafiul and Rubel is tests and Taskin still has a long way to go before he can be a regular. In home conditions, he will be a run machine
Old September 30, 2017, 09:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
I would go with

Tamim
Liton
Mominul
Nafees
Mushy
Shakib
Riyad
Miraz
Taijul
Shahid
Fizz

Extras: Soumya, Roy, Al Amin, Nasir

Our next series is against Sri Lanka so thats what my squad is based on. Keeping Mosaddek out because his return is unpredictable at this point.. Him returning would mean he takes Riyads spot and Riyad goes to the bench dropping Nasir. No place for Imrul, Shabbir. Only giving Soumya an outside chance cause he did score some runs in patches. Want Nafees in the side and I think he can be valuable against spin. Liton opened after keeping for 147 overs so I am confident he can do it. If anything, Mushy can keep one innings to take pressure off. He brings a righty lefty combo. For bowling Shahid is a must.. can bowl consistent line and length and keep it tight which is what we need from a seamer. Al Amin on any given day is a better seamer then Shafiul and Rubel is tests and Taskin still has a long way to go before he can be a regular. In home conditions, he will be a run machine
I don't agree with everything you said but I respect your opinion, you gave sound reasoning for your team. I think you are right about liton though, I was hesitant about him opening and keeping but then I did a little research and found out he did that in most of if his FC matches (either opening or batting first drop), so he's done it consistently, test level is a level above but if he's fit enough he can do it, he's showed that in this test match.
Old September 30, 2017, 10:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

AJRahi has lit up the domestic scene for quite a long time now, show defo get a call up.
Old September 30, 2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
I don't agree with everything you said but I respect your opinion, you gave sound reasoning for your team. I think you are right about liton though, I was hesitant about him opening and keeping but then I did a little research and found out he did that in most of if his FC matches (either opening or batting first drop), so he's done it consistently, test level is a level above but if he's fit enough he can do it, he's showed that in this test match.
tell me what u didnt agree... not trying to convince you.. just curious. You are someone I can have a healthy debate with
Old October 1, 2017, 12:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
tell me what u didnt agree... not trying to convince you.. just curious. You are someone I can have a healthy debate with
At this stage I tend to believe we have better pace options to invest in than shahid, if not long term then even short term as he's probably not completely match ready fitness wise as he hasn't played much.

with nafees, I'd prob prefer to go with a youngster who has shown real promise. Nafees has been away from international cricket for so long that it's almost like starting over for him and unless he can adjust very quickly I would think it's better to give a youngster the experience. There are youngsters who have performed very well but are yet to have their chance.

At the same time, there are valid points to include the players you have included.
Old October 1, 2017, 12:45 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Tamim
Soumya
Mominul
Mushy
Shakib
Liton
Sabbir
Miraz
Taijul
Roy
Mustafizur

Extras: Mosaddek, Imrul, Shafiul, Anamul

This is the best XI I can think of for SL series. Soumya has scored runs in patches and has done well recently compared to Imrul. Imrul still should be in the team because he has also played out of place recently. Kept Mosaddek out and Sabbir in since Mosa hasn't played in a while and not sure if he will be ready by SL series either. Included Anamul because Papon chacha has an eye on him and I'm sure he will be in the mix eventually. Plus he won't be too bad one down. Can't think of any fast bowlers better than the ones included. Taskin has been all over the place, Shahid won't be back most likely, and Rubel just sucks in this format.
Old October 1, 2017, 01:23 AM

Quote:
At this stage I tend to believe we have better pace options to invest in than shahid, if not long term then even short term as he's probably not completely match ready fitness wise as he hasn't played much.

with nafees, I'd prob prefer to go with a youngster who has shown real promise. Nafees has been away from international cricket for so long that it's almost like starting over for him and unless he can adjust very quickly I would think it's better to give a youngster the experience. There are youngsters who have performed very well but are yet to have their chance.

At the same time, there are valid points to include the players you have included.
Valid reasons. See I grew up watching cricket and hockey at the same time. From Hockey, i have developed this understanding that its very inadvisable to introduce fresh blood or top prospects before they are fully ready. Teams go through years of playing sub par players and finish bottom of the table just to give their prospects enough time to be fully ready. I dont think players like Shanto, Saifuddin, Saif are ready to take a national spot on the toughest format. In my opinion they need atleast 15-20 domestic games before they should be considered. I dont want them to become Anamul, Soumya, Jubair and so on. Meanwhile, there are guys who deserves to play based on performance and merit combined. We dont need their service for 7-8 years. We need them for 2-3 years until the younger ones are fully prepared. If these veterans are still competing the younger ones and beating them in the local leagues, it means they still have the upperhand. The ones who excelled above the seniors (Liton, Mustafiz, Miraz) made the team are doing decently.
Old October 1, 2017, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

You want to throw an 18 yr old into the midst of test cricket?
Old October 1, 2017, 02:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Valid reasons. See I grew up watching cricket and hockey at the same time. From Hockey, i have developed this understanding that its very inadvisable to introduce fresh blood or top prospects before they are fully ready. Teams go through years of playing sub par players and finish bottom of the table just to give their prospects enough time to be fully ready. I dont think players like Shanto, Saifuddin, Saif are ready to take a national spot on the toughest format. In my opinion they need atleast 15-20 domestic games before they should be considered. I dont want them to become Anamul, Soumya, Jubair and so on. Meanwhile, there are guys who deserves to play based on performance and merit combined. We dont need their service for 7-8 years. We need them for 2-3 years until the younger ones are fully prepared. If these veterans are still competing the younger ones and beating them in the local leagues, it means they still have the upperhand. The ones who excelled above the seniors (Liton, Mustafiz, Miraz) made the team are doing decently.
It is conflicting for me as well because a big part of cricket for me was the Aussies dominating and anyone brought in was seasoned and were ready for international cricket but it seems, and it's not just with BD cricket, that these days domestic comps aren't developing players to the required level needed to be fully competent for international cricket. The gap in quality between international cricket and domestic cricket seems to have increased and it's taking players longer and longer to get to international standard.

I also think it is important to put your best team on the park, within reason of course.
Old October 1, 2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
It is conflicting for me as well because a big part of cricket for me was the Aussies dominating and anyone brought in was seasoned and were ready for international cricket but it seems, and it's not just with BD cricket, that these days domestic comps aren't developing players to the required level needed to be fully competent for international cricket. The gap in quality between international cricket and domestic cricket seems to have increased and it's taking players longer and longer to get to international standard.

I also think it is important to put your best team on the park, within reason of course.
But its not like players like Shanto or Saifuddin are making it look easy in domestics though are they? I understand the quality of our domestic scene is sub par but even then the youngstars are doing decent only..