facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 24, 2010, 01:09 PM
BD Correspondent, ESPNCricinfo

Angry Shakib does the teapot, Riyad-Rumman fight!

Sporadic battles erupted in the Premier Cricket League yesterday, leaving cricket in the lurch.

Two players were suspended for a game each and Shakib Al Hasan was handed a fine as the two incidents in BKSP and Bogra also underlined the need for stronger umpiring in domestic cricket.

Though Mohammedan Sporting Club beat Surjo Tarun by three wickets, thanks to a fine half-century from the defending champions' new Pakistani recruit Mohammad Yousuf, and Abahani crushed Gazi Tank by seven wickets in a clinical display, cricket became secondary during the latter part of the day.

It was found out that none of the umpires' reports at the end of the two matches were an accurate representation of what actually happened. One CCDM (Cricket Committee of Dhaka Metropolis) official, requesting anonymity, said that the reports clearly indicated the weaknesses of the umpires assigned to domestic matches. The umpiring is not only poor but many also lack the courage to take important decisions. “It just shows the umpires' limitations. They do not want to point fingers at the bigger teams,” said the official. “If the umpires gave a true account of what happened, the punishments would have been appropriate,” he added.

At the Shaheed Chandu Stadium in Bogra, Gazi Tank's Sabbir Rahman Rumman and Riyad were suspended for a match each after they squared off mid-pitch following Rumman's sledging of Abahani's Australian import Lee Carseldine. In almost the same time in Savar, Mohammedan skipper Shakib stood his ground for several minutes after being given out. He questioned the umpire Mizanur Rahman Milon's decision before trudging off as his teammates abused the umpires.

The left-hander's attempted sweep was adjudged caught-behind off Sohrawardi Shuvo in the 19th over. The country's premier all-rounder stood his ground in a huff for close to five minutes and went up to the umpire to question the decision. Some Mohammedan players vented their frustration by abusing the umpire in question. “He [Shakib Al Hasan] was not satisfied. He stood down for more than the allowable time. It was not expected from the captain of the team,” said match referee Roquibul Hassan.

“He went to the umpire and said that it struck his hand, there was no abusive language from Shakib. I called up Tamim [Iqbal] as witness to Shakib as the vice-captain is usually asked to do that when the captain is involved,” added the former national captain.

In the Bogra incident, a melee broke out between the batsmen and some of the fielders after Rumman's verbal attack on Carseldine, according to those watching the match. Riyad retaliated and at the same time, Gazi Tank captain Naeem Islam and Nasir Hossain got involved.

“Shakib was fined Tk 10,000 while in Bogra, Riyad and Rumman were both suspended for one match each. Naeem and Nasir were also fined Tk 5,000 and Tk 3,000 each,” informed CCDM coordinator Qazi Aynul Islam.

MSC-SURJO TORUN
The Shakib incident apart, it was a tight game after Surjo Torun made a fighting 245-7 from their 50 overs. Hamidul Islam struck four boundaries and three sixes in his 71 and Junaed Siddiqui made 69. Dhiman Ghosh too made sure of a stiff Mohammedan chase with his 19-ball 39 that included four sixes.

Tamim Iqbal again made a good start but his 55-ball 66 ended in the 18th over. After Shakib's controversial dismissal, Faisal Hossain (54) and Yousuf added 104 for the fifth wicket, steering the Motijheel outfit to a second win

GAZI-ABAHANI
Before being suspended, Riyad took three wickets as Abahani skittled out Gazi Tank for only 131 runs in 39.1 overs. Pacemen Alauddin Babu and Abul Hasan also took two wickets each.

Later, Riyad and Carseldine stuck together till the end through their unbroken 110-run stand as Abahani completed their third win in a row, while Gazi suffered their second consecutive defeat.

BRIEF SCORES
SURJO TORUN: 245-7 in 50 overs (Hamidul 71, Junaed 69; Shakib 2-33).

MSC: 246-7 in 49.1 overs (Tamim 66, Yousuf 58 not out; Razzak 2-44).

Result: MSC won by 3 wickets.

GAZI TANK: 131 all out in 39.1 overs (Paranavitana 23, Riyad 3-24).

ABAHANI: 132-3 in 29.3 overs (Riyad 57 not out, Carseldine 51 not out).

Result: Abahani won by 7 wickets.

Old December 24, 2010, 01:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Last thing we need is more injury caused by fighting.
Old December 24, 2010, 01:44 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Maje Maje maramari kora bhalo. Sahos baree
Old December 24, 2010, 02:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

That's just poor stuff from all those involved in the fight. Just a shame. Riyad and naeem especially should not be fighting. Their both in the national team and should be role models for the young people of BD. I had really high hopes for shabbir but this incident just shows he's still an immature kid who needs to grow up before thinking about the national team. Same goes to nasir as well. True these things happen in sports as emotions run high but hopefully they never repeat this kind of behavior. These players are better then that.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old December 24, 2010, 02:07 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Rumman dekhi Sledge kore. Beta ekta Bagher Baccha
Old December 24, 2010, 02:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Rumman dekhi Sledge kore. Beta ekta Bagher Baccha
exactly...eirokom player dorkar
Old December 24, 2010, 02:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

maney ki Ryad ar Nayeem ki hatahati korse naki,Ryad is not that type I thght.
a bit of sledging is ok but don't want any verbal abuse than hatahati.
Old December 24, 2010, 02:43 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
National cricketer Mahmudullah was handed a one-match ban and Sakib al Hasan was fined Tk 10,000 for breaching the code of conduct during their respective Dhaka Premier League matches on Friday.
Abahani all-rounder Mahmudullah was suspended after his verbal exchange with Gazi Tanks fielder Sabbir Rahman, who also was handed a one-match ban by the match referee at Bogra.
Gazi Tanks skipper Naeem Islam and cricketer Nasir Hossain were fined Tk 5,000, and Tk 3,000 respectively for their involvement in the squabble. Naeem claimed Mahmudullah got serious when Sabbir and Nasir were having a friendly chat with him.
At the Bangladesh Krira Shikha Protishthan ground, home boy and Mohammedan captain Sakib could not control his frustration and clearly showed dissent to umpire’s decision when he was given caught behind.
He stayed for three minutes at the crease which prompted the match referee, Roquibul Hassan, to take punitive action against the most-recent national captain.
‘Sakib told me that he had got some previous decisions against him in the previous matches and thus could not control his frustration. However, this cannot be accepted as an excuse from a player of his stature,’ Roquibul told New Age.
‘I told team he is the captain of the side and a role model for many cricketers. He should lead by example. No one is bigger than the game. I had the option to fine him Tk 5,000. But since he is a top cricketer I doubled the fine,’ he said.
http://www.newagebd.com/2010/dec/25/spt.html
Old December 24, 2010, 03:31 PM
Banned

I want MSC team jersey as our WC ODI uniform. Fantastic color combination and scheme.
Old December 24, 2010, 04:11 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
http://www.newagebd.com/2010/dec/25/spt.html
i think they were making fun of his slow batting... yes truth hurts, that's why he got serious.
Old December 24, 2010, 05:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Wow Tamim scores 66 from only 38 deliveries ,
can't wait to see him in action against Zaheer khan

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old December 24, 2010, 05:05 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Umpiring standard in BD has to be improved. Lack of confidence is an issue. We have seen it many times in BD umpires favoring BD opponents. If they sucked, I would rather that they are more like Shakur Rana.
Old December 24, 2010, 05:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
Wow Tamim scores 66 from only 38 deliveries ,
can't wait to see him in action against Zaheer khan

55 ball 66
Old December 24, 2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
55 ball 66
That is slow! An SR of only 120.
Old December 24, 2010, 05:27 PM
Cricket Savant

by hitting 4 sixes and five fours it's more likely to be a 38 ball 66.
Old December 24, 2010, 05:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
55 ball 66
Newagebd.com et link to lekha : brilliant 66 from 38 delivery .
Are daily star e lekha 66 from 55

Old December 24, 2010, 05:51 PM
Cricket Savant

^^ar Prothomalo te mention kore nai koto ball khelchey..
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...25/news/118248
Old December 24, 2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
Newagebd.com et link to lekha : brilliant 66 from 38 delivery .
Are daily star e lekha 66 from 55

If he clicks against India and scores a 100, we'll be in a pretty good shape, I believe.
Old December 24, 2010, 06:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Bad day for bangladesh cricket. Our national cricketers losing their cool is not acceptable.

I think this is where we are going to miss the experience and seniority of Mashrafee, he can have a calming influence on the team, just like Bashar did during his era.
Old December 24, 2010, 06:47 PM
Cricket Savant

^^I think to beat Ind it's not quite the runs but It's more abt the bowling,their bttng is too good,last time we scored 295 vs Ind but they still managed to win.
Another example is the 4th ODI btwn NZ and Ind where Ind chased down 315 odd runs & won it.
tht's why I'm more worried abt Mash's recovery,Mash as a bowler against Ind is as good as Tamim as a btsmn against Ind.
Old December 24, 2010, 08:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Shabbir Riyad'er jaiga dokhol korbey in near future.
Old December 24, 2010, 08:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Ha ha, I would love to have seen some footage of the Sabbir and Riyad confrontation. Anyone else liking the fact that these youngsters, Sabbir and Nasir are showing some aggression. As long as it doesn't go too far I have no problem with it. It shows these guys are no "sissies". I hated the way Zunaid and Riyad were so passive when they were getting cursed by Swan and Zaheer Khan, they just stood there and took it as if they were somehow inferior and that was their place.
As long as they leave it at the domestic scene and don't bring it back up with them to the national setup there should be no problems. I remember Glenn Mcgrath and Matthew Hayden sledging and cursing each other at a domestic game but having no problems when they were in the national team. Also it can't be just coincidence that our best players are the ones who sometimes show some aggression: Shakib, Tamim, Rubel and Shafiul.
Old December 24, 2010, 09:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Shakib got off lightly. Match suspensioon ia warranted. Disgusting. He has a mean strea in him. It showed following thew first ZM ODI. He needs to tamper his temper.
Old December 24, 2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
Shakib got off lightly. Match suspensioon ia warranted. Disgusting. He has a mean strea in him. It showed following thew first ZM ODI. He needs to tamper his temper.
Well, seeing the standard of our umpires, I wonder if I could hold myself too!!!

BCB should spend more money to train and produce better umpires, otherwise it will only benifit Bangladesh cricket to go down further (for the purpose Lota was assigned for!?).
Old December 24, 2010, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

So they got into a little tussle, big deal. Boys will fight, it happens everywhere. At least they take club cricket seriously enough to get into trouble.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition