facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 17, 2017, 09:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Haha. Now it's getting personal and ugly. Ar majkhan diya shuborna mostofa kilikbaji kore ken?
I was thinking the same. If she didn't get involved, Shakib could've said I was counter attacking. Daal mein definitely kuch kala hai.

Old March 17, 2017, 09:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
How many times can one man win matches alone, stats showed new contributes more than 40% to the team

Only one man has done that before him and that's hadlee

And guess what even then we can't win because others never stepped up, only in the past few games has this changed

Put Messi in Sunderland and see if he can get them in champions league, does that mean his contribution would be non existent?

Test matches cannot be won by one man against Good teams

So your idea of we don't win with him so we can drop him is just idiotic, if we simplify it into a scale

You need to be 7/10 to win,

With Shakib we are at like a 6, without him we'll drop to a 3, does the outcome of either result in wins.. No
You made my point. One man rarely make a difference regardless how good he is, its a 11 player team. Lack of team discipline can ruin the whole team. Regardless how good a player is, every body need to believe in "team first" concept, otherwise he need to depart from the team. When a senior player play selfish game, it has long term impact to junior players as usually senoir players have huge impact to junior players. That'w why once McInes didnt wanted any x-players in u19 team locker room he was afraid they will influence young players in a negative way.

Now coming back to Sakib, management need to make sure Sakib understand that "team first" concept. And his behavior yesterday doesn't align with the "team first" concept. BCB need to make every effort to rectify this. And at the end if they make a decision to drop him temporarily or deny NOC as a last resort, I am perfectly ok with that (as a fan).

btw sometimes we may need to go to 5 before moving back to 6 and then 7 ....i.e. if that means you are getting rid of bad influence and tend.... and that is not idiotic my friend ... that is called long term goal to go to the next level.
Old March 17, 2017, 10:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

If he makes a century every time he shows that attitude, I've no problem playing him.

I will say it again: you need to have 7 - 8 core players for your test squad. From the current lot, they are Tamim, Mominul, Mushy, Shakib, Mehedi, Taskin & Fizz for BAN. The 4 empty spots can be filled with 1 keeper, 1 bowler, 1 all-rounder & 1 batsman depending on game scenario. You can try new players, comebacks, cricketers from shorter formats/domestic leagues etc.

But you don't drop core players unless they are 1. unfit/injured 2. in bad form for quite sometime 3. facing disciplinary actions 4. causing problems in team 5. real good replacements have come up.
Old March 17, 2017, 11:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Don't know why we are even arguing. We all should be thinking the same except Shakib haters. I am one of the biggest fan of Shakib but my love for Shakib comes from the very fact that he plays for my Bangladesh !!! I love the BD team wayyyy more than I love any individual performer. I will keep supporting them as long as they keep contributing for the team. Just because Shakib scored a 100 today doesn't mean he is no more at fault. Had he gone out playing those rash shots yesterday the story would have been different. I mean we really need to find the balance as a supporter. I hate to see posters like Kohli_Sox or even Vepu going on and on and on talking too much negative about Shakib all the time. As if they just wait for him to fail so that they can come and bash him. That's such a negative approach.

Shakib is the best cricketer BD has ever produced and he earned that with his determination and hard work so please show him some respect. But at the same time I don't see any reason why some of us always try to justify his approach when he has clearly harmed the team. The 200s 100s or 50s becomes valueless when he comes to play in a strong situation and plays mindlessly and put the team under pressure. No I don't believe he ever played for his stats but sometimes he just tries to be too adventurous without any sense of responsibility. The worst is his stubbornness after any criticism. He simply can't handle criticism and goes on and says " ami emnei kheli". And it doesn't end there as The very next match he will come and play wrecklessly just to prove his point. This attitude is not helping him or the team. My point is just because he is Shakib Al Hassn doesn't mean he can flirt with the fate of the BD team. He is the most important player in the line up and the most loved too. All we expect from him is SOME sense of responsibility. He doesn't have to score 100 or take 5 wickets all the time but he should't just do whatever his mind pleases. He simply can't try to hit the very first ball out of the park when all his team needed was him to stay there. That's outrageous. If he did it once or twice it could be pardoned. But he just keeps doing that. Even if you don't have the technique to survive long at least try. What's the harm in trying? Why do you have to score all the time ? Just hang in there and survive. How hard is it to TRY for someone lile Shakib Al Hasan?

He is our our hero the magician of Bangladesh cricket. I firmly believe if he is little patient and can apply himself just a bit more he can completely change the phase of the game. He applied himself yesterday and look what we got. If he msnages to stay at the crease magic happens. He should believe that. He simply can't get demoralized with some deserving criticism as he gets his fair share of overwhelming praises as well.

My message is simple no matter who you are you should always and always keep your team's interest ahead of anything even your ego. My request to drop him is not emotionally motivated rather I am thinking from the professional perspective. As a manager I will hate to have a member like Shakib and I would've warned him long time ago for being so unprofessional and for not helping in team's success. Shakib is lucky to play under BCB the most unprofessional board out there. Why would players care to listen to them ehen their own hands are dirty.

Anyways to sum up Shakib should start realizing what a talent he is and should utilize it to take him and his team to places that someone would have dared to dream !!
Old March 17, 2017, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Mods I don't know why my post showing so many times and and I am not being able to delete them either. Can please delete the repeated posts? Thank you!
Old March 17, 2017, 01:14 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Sometimes people just needs to accept the reality. Something never changes no matter what.

I don't have any high expectations from Shakib anymore. I know he will produce good here and there. I just don't held my breathe expecting him to do that every match. That mature, responsible shakib of 2009-2012 is long gone.
This new approach is also doing him just fine though. Stats speaks for themselves.

Only thing i would change his batting position. He shouldn't bat any higher than no.6 position. No.6 suits perfectly considering his approach to game and everything.
Old March 17, 2017, 02:07 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Ok, dont wanna be tagged as a hater. So I will accept the truth and complement Shakib. In all fairness he is a better all allrounder than chigumbura and stuart binny, neck on neck with Hardik pandya. I was being harsh on him. My bad.
Old March 17, 2017, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
You made my point. One man rarely make a difference regardless how good he is, its a 11 player team. Lack of team discipline can ruin the whole team. Regardless how good a player is, every body need to believe in "team first" concept, otherwise he need to depart from the team. When a senior player play selfish game, it has long term impact to junior players as usually senoir players have huge impact to junior players. That'w why once McInes didnt wanted any x-players in u19 team locker room he was afraid they will influence young players in a negative way.

Now coming back to Sakib, management need to make sure Sakib understand that "team first" concept. And his behavior yesterday doesn't align with the "team first" concept. BCB need to make every effort to rectify this. And at the end if they make a decision to drop him temporarily or deny NOC as a last resort, I am perfectly ok with that (as a fan).

btw sometimes we may need to go to 5 before moving back to 6 and then 7 ....i.e. if that means you are getting rid of bad influence and tend.... and that is not idiotic my friend ... that is called long term goal to go to the next level.
One man rarely make a difference regardless how good he is... That's not what I said, what I said was one man can't win test matches alone, but that doesn't mean he can't make a significant difference by himself.

And how do you know he's having a bad influence? Who else is playing like Shakib?, if we don't win in the near future forget about long term planning, and yes it is idiotic to think we can replace Shakib and not decline as a team, if someone merits Shakibs place or a young sobers comes along, then sure drop Shakib, but until then dropping Shakib does not benefit the team in short or long term

And btw no where am I defending his actions yesterday, am making the point that doesn't warrant him to get dropped

Old March 17, 2017, 04:31 PM
Club Cricketer

Better question is..what is everyone else doing? I believe a lot of players in our team has far more potential than their performance shows. Just blocking a few deliveries than getting out doesnt mean they are doing their best to help the team
Old March 17, 2017, 04:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Shakib was clearly angry last night. That is a human trait and yes a professional shouldn't let him affect his craft, but Shakib is a human.

Does he play idiotic shots at crucial times? Sure. But he's one of our best players (although one of my least favorite) and his game is ugly (both batting and bowling). But he represents our team and thats all that matters.

I don't mind pushing him to bat at #7 until he bats more responsibly. Even then he is at best a #6 batter with is crap technique.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 17, 2017, 04:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

BAnglay ekta kotha asey, "jei goru dudh dey shei gorur lathi khawa bhalo "
The way I feel is that Sakib will always look to be reckless, brainless, irresponsible, but he will still score runs.
SO DEAL WITH IT!
He is our most consistent batsman.
May be this approach helps him, not everyone tries to fit in,someone stays the way they are and as long as it's giving good results no point complaining.
Old March 17, 2017, 06:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I hate Shakib. He doesn't have a thinking brain but he is freakishly talented. It is not fair
Old March 17, 2017, 07:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I hate Shakib. He doesn't have a thinking brain but he is freakishly talented. It is not fair
Ultimately it's the Zuckerbergs and Shakibs of the world who take home the prom chick, not the hard working pathas who aimlessly wastes energy....

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old March 18, 2017, 01:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Saw one of his interview few years ago that he already earned enough for his lifetime and did not plan to stay in BD ( Settle in US via wify's connection to US) in few years time. This is exactly what he said few years back happening now. He does not care about playing in the national team.
This does not make sense. You can criticize his approach to the game but you just can't make this kind of nonsensical deduction. Sensationalism still exists for people like you.
Old March 18, 2017, 02:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

The way Shakib played yesterday it should have been the norm. But no we need to treat him like second coming of Jesus. These fans are worse than the government who gives flats and cars for anything.
Old March 18, 2017, 11:06 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
This does not make sense. You can criticize his approach to the game but you just can't make this kind of nonsensical deduction. Sensationalism still exists for people like you.
Yup! I'm all making it up ... The interview, CPL NOC saga, want quitting national team, showing his "thing" on the camera and got banned, the "orange juice", 18 off 8 in the last 10 mins of day 3 and survived twice ..... All of it. I know these do not make sense ... All part of the conspiracy!!!
Old March 19, 2017, 01:27 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Yup! I'm all making it up ... The interview, CPL NOC saga, want quitting national team, showing his "thing" on the camera and got banned, the "orange juice", 18 off 8 in the last 10 mins of day 3 and survived twice ..... All of it. I know these do not make sense ... All part of the conspiracy!!!
So I'm assuming you are a godsend angel. Never done any mistake in your life.
So here's a big surprise for you.

People **** up all the time.

and you claim to know what going on his mind or whats is ultimate motive just because you read some interview on paper or saw something on camera? Oh. that's some really good work. keep it up Sherlock.
Old March 19, 2017, 01:38 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

^^ my kidoo brother, I know you via this forum for 7 years now. dont get this personal. I'm not going to go circular again about SAH saga. This is not going to change anyone's view. Perception is reality. Thank you.
Old March 19, 2017, 02:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Thats what it looks like from the outside, doesn't it?

Lets compare Shakib to Ashraful, the original "freakish talent". You'll understand if I scoff at anyone commenting about Shakib's lack of a thinking brain.

One doesn't get 170 test wickets by merely turning their arms over. Nor does one score 3000 test runs with such an ugly technique by being an unthinking ogre.

There's no doubt Shakib loses his cool more than we'd like. That merely makes him a good cricketer instead of a great one. I'm cool with that.
Old March 19, 2017, 04:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:

Some members are not going to have my explanation, but trust me when I say this, I have watched Bangladeshi cricket far too long to know what exactly they are going through. At this point of time, there is too much negativity around Shakib or he has built it up somehow, the build up of everything that has been happening is pouring out or poured out yesterday. I want Shakib to be competitive, I want a challenge thrown at him, I want to see him celebrating a wicket like there is no tomorrow, because when I see that I know Shakib is in for a bloody fight. But that's my opinion.
Shakib was in for a fight this test and I knew it when I saw him react that way. He was challenged and he brings out the best of him when challenged. So good to see though, this is exactly what I want to see from Shakib, I want to see him celebrate a wicket like there is no tomorrow. Those who know him will know what that means.
Old March 19, 2017, 04:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^ that's one of my shakib barometer as well. The way he reacts after getting a wicket or appeals for an lbw. If he is pumped and screams then I know he is in it for sure and will turn the game.
Old March 19, 2017, 05:16 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
^ that's one of my shakib barometer as well. The way he reacts after getting a wicket or appeals for an lbw. If he is pumped and screams then I know he is in it for sure and will turn the game.
Interestingly, he seems to appeal and celebrate for wickets more than he does for batting milestones, even though he has had more success with the latter lately
Old March 19, 2017, 05:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Shakib is his own worst enemy. Reaching the heights he has is remarkable for any Bangladeshi cricket player and I doubt we will see another like him from our country for a long time. However this has been a double edged sword for him in his career as well.

Hatura has managed to bring him down to earth. Shakib can only improve, but he needs to be more responsible
Old March 19, 2017, 06:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Shakib if focused can win 80% of the match by himself. Thats why my blood boils when I see his stupidity. I would pay anything to get back shakib of 2010
Old March 19, 2017, 07:34 PM
Cricket Legend

interesting fact : "This was the 3rd time Shakib Al Hasan has scored a century & taken six or more wickets in a Test. Only Botham (who did it on five occasions) has achieved that feat more times than Shakib and no other player has done it more than twice."